Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

He wrestles as Original Tiger Mask or King Tiger every now and then.

I really like the random shoot-matches he'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ditch posted:

I mean I get that Tiger Mask is a famous gimmick and all, but I'm amazed by the amount of interest there's been based on that one pic. Especially considering that TM3 was an abject failure (under the mask) and TM4 has been astoundingly mediocre.

I like IV a lot. He's obviously no Sayama or Misawa but those are drat big shoes to fill.

The whole Tiger Mask/Black Tiger thing just intrigues me so much as a fan. I just love that idea of a legacy of generations of wrestlers who not only competed under the same masks but kept the same feud. I wish there was more of that even if it was stuff like HBK's students feuding with the Hart Dynasty or Ted Dibiase and Husky Harris forming a team together to repeat their fathers' success.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 13, 2011

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://theditch.us/MASADAvsKamui.avi

WATCH THIS.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NOT FOUND

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I swear I capped and uploaded that thing and now it's vanished into thin air. WTF.

edit: I've re-capped it and the upload will finish in 7 minutes.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 13, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
http://www.viddler.com/explore/MysteryBenefact/videos/6/?secreturl=92785424

Nakajima vs Shiozaki from the most recent NOAH tour of the UK. A really fun match to come back to after intermission. Featuring Shiozaki straight-up murdering Nakajima. DVD available here:

http://www.amerchandise.co.uk/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=3285

American Clamdigger
Oct 21, 2008

Ditch posted:

http://theditch.us/MASADAvsKamui.avi

WATCH THIS.

JESUS CHRIST SOMEONE KILL THAT RING ANNOUNCER

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Well, my IVP discs arrived. Now I just need to try and find a spare few months to watch them

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

apsouthern posted:

Well, my IVP discs arrived. Now I just need to try and find a spare few months to watch them

:aaa:

Still waiting on mine, the guy never e-mailed me back. Need to check and see if the check I sent cleared the bank or not.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Something I've been wondering about for some time about the latest SMASH.

Ray's mask was torn off in her match. I wonder if this is going anywhere, since Ray is Lin Byron.

And goddamit, where are the SMASH downloads, I'm missing the last two.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

Something I've been wondering about for some time about the latest SMASH.

Ray's mask was torn off in her match. I wonder if this is going anywhere, since Ray is Lin Byron.

And goddamit, where are the SMASH downloads, I'm missing the last two.

Yeah, seriously, where is 18? It usually shows up like 2-3 weeks later.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Yeah, seriously, where is 18? It usually shows up like 2-3 weeks later.
Tajiri posted the Kana/Lin post-match molestation but YouTube removed it twice within the day so I guess he gave up. It's obvious that the draw to that show was that match, but I would still like to see the rest of the card.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

Tajiri posted the Kana/Lin post-match molestation but YouTube removed it twice within the day so I guess he gave up. It's obvious that the draw to that show was that match, but I would still like to see the rest of the card.

Yeah, kind of interested in seeing Ultimo Dragon.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Griping about an indy show taking a couple weeks to get online? IN MY DAY we had to swim to Japan, pay $200 for a 5th gen VHS tape that only showed vague outlines of the wrestlers, and if we were lucky the blurs would sometimes become Misawa or Kawada.

You kids today and your internets.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

Griping about an indy show taking a couple weeks to get online? IN MY DAY we had to swim to Japan, pay $200 for a 5th gen VHS tape that only showed vague outlines of the wrestlers, and if we were lucky the blurs would sometimes become Misawa or Kawada.

You kids today and your internets.

Hey, but you're the internet puro guy! You're trying to make the world a better place!

Jenzar El
Aug 16, 2010

by angerbeet
lol if you didn't have to buy your Puro from rfvideo in 99-04

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jenzar El posted:

lol if you didn't have to buy your Puro from rfvideo in 99-04

lol if you gave that pecker a cent.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
Has SMASH been doing good business at all? It looks like they've moved out of that cramped tiny room from the older shows.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
They started at Shinjuku Face, which is the venue of choice if you're expecting 500-1000 people in Tokyo. Now they've moved up to Korakuen and are doing pretty good, assuming the numbers are anywhere near accurate. Smash isn't a MOTYC factory but they're way better than the average new promotion these days (which tends to be a wrestler vanity project and shrinks rather than growing).

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Flameingblack posted:

Does he seriously not know that there are other video websites, such as Dailymotion?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Does he seriously not know that there are other video websites, such as Dailymotion?
I don't know, does he? He's Japanese, dude. They've got YouTube and Nico Video. Kana posted a ton of pictures on her blog and Facebook to make up for it though.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Ditch posted:

They started at Shinjuku Face, which is the venue of choice if you're expecting 500-1000 people in Tokyo. Now they've moved up to Korakuen and are doing pretty good, assuming the numbers are anywhere near accurate. Smash isn't a MOTYC factory but they're way better than the average new promotion these days (which tends to be a wrestler vanity project and shrinks rather than growing).
I thought pretty much every Japanese promotion lies about gates and papering?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Tomi Aoyama, half of the Queen Angels with Lucy Kayama in AJW during the '70s and early '80s, died of cancer on Tuesday at 53.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Korak posted:

I thought pretty much every Japanese promotion lies about gates and papering?
Big Japan seems accurate, and 'trends' also tend to be accurate. SMASH started at Shinjuku Face and moved up to Korakuen, so they can't be losing money on Korakuen, and the Korakuen attendance has improved from the first time. SMASH isn't claiming 2350 or whatever stupid number often comes up; they aren't even claiming a near-sellout.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/07/21/puroresu-pulse-issue-199-halfway-through-2011/

THIS WEEK: A booking overview of the big leagues.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My son and I watched the Taka vs. Sasuke match from the Super Juniors show. He took one look at Sasuke and said "Dad, that man is crazy."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

My son and I watched the Taka vs. Sasuke match from the Super Juniors show. He took one look at Sasuke and said "Dad, that man is crazy."
He isn't crazy, he's out of his goddamn loving mind.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Kenta Kobashi had his return match today in a tage match with Shiozaki against Akiyama & Saito, dropping the fall to Akiyama after just under half an hour. It's been 19 months since his last match. It'll be interesting to see how much of the match he worked and what he can do going forward. Still awesome to have him back.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Davey Richards is a pretty cool heel in Japan. But I can't help thinking that I would really like go to a match in New Japan and just be a jerk and cheer him like a babyface.

*Davey gets heat*

Me (top of my voice): DAAAAY-VEEE RICHARDS *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

I'd get kicked out of the hall, right?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

LordPants posted:

Davey Richards is a pretty cool heel in Japan. But I can't help thinking that I would really like go to a match in New Japan and just be a jerk and cheer him like a babyface.

*Davey gets heat*

Me (top of my voice): DAAAAY-VEEE RICHARDS *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

I'd get kicked out of the hall, right?
For a lot of really over guys like Kenny Omega, Devitt, or Richards they'll start "Let's Go" chants. Hell, when Sabu was wrestling in SMASH they had an ECW chant.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Hey! I found Smash 18 and 19! Thanks KikuZombie at the Board.

KikuZombie posted:

SMASH 19 7.15.11

Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

1. Mitsuo Momota vs Yusuke Kodama
2. World Tryout Match: AKIRA vs YO-HEY
3. SMASH Diva Title Tournament - Round 1: Makoto vs Chii Tomiya
4. Ultimo Dragon , Kaz Hayashi & Ray vs Gamma, Hajime Ohara & Io Shirai
5. SMASH Title Tournament - Round 1: Zeus vs Yoshiaki Yago
6. SMASH Title Tournament - Round 1: VENENO vs Yuji Kito .
7. SMASH Diva Title Tournament - Round 1: Serena Deeb vs Tomoka Nakagawa
8. Yoshiaki Fujiwara, FUNAKI & Kana vs Genichiro Tenryu, TAJIRI & Shuri

http://www.fileserve.com/file/VQYWvBN/SMASH.19.PDTV.x264-RUDO.Fight-BB.mp4

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1510037024/SMASH.19.PDTV.x264-RUDO.part1.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1510037014/SMASH.19.PDTV.x264-RUDO.part2.rar

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Also, watch the big DDT show and see Danshoko Dino molest Bob Sapp.

KikuZombie posted:

DDT “RYOGOKU PETER PAN 2011”,07/24/2011
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. Big China Unified Nakahara Tag Team Titles: The Great Sasuke & Ricky Fuji (c) Vs Sanshiro Takagi & Munenori Sawa (Referee: Kyohei Wada)
1. Dramatic Next Generation Fight: Keisuke Ishii Vs Shigehiro Irie
2. Battle Royal – Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Antonio Honda (c) Vs Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs Yuzuki Aikawa Vs Cherry Vs Riki Sensyu Vs Emi Sakura Vs Tanomusaku Toba Vs Gorgeous Matsuno Vs DJ Nira Vs Hoshitango Vs Daisuke Sasaki Vs Rion Mizuki Vs Makoto Oishi Vs Mr. #6 Vs YOSHIHIKO
3. Special Singles Match: MIKAMI Vs Poison Sawada JULIE
4. 4 Way – KO-D Tag Team Titles: HARASHIMA & HERO! (c) Vs GENTARO & Yasu Urano Vs Kenny Omega & Michael Nakazawa Vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Masa Takanashi
5. Summer Night Fever – 5 Vs 5 Elimination: Sanshiro Takagi, Hikaru Sato, Takao Soma, Kazuki Hirata & Akito Vs Yoshiaki Yago, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Super poo poo Machine, Kengo Ohka & Minoru Suzuki
6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) Vs Prince Devitt
7. Special Singles Match: Danshoku Dino Vs Bob Sapp
8. KO-D Openweight Title: Shuji Ishikawa (c) Vs KUDO

http://www.fileserve.com/file/mNxcRWg/DDT.Peter.Pan.Ryogoku.Kokugikan.2011.PDTV.x264-RUDOS.part1.rar
http://www.fileserve.com/file/m45e64B/DDT.Peter.Pan.Ryogoku.Kokugikan.2011.PDTV.x264-RUDOS.part2.rar

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1514999404/DDT.Peter.Pan.Ryogoku.Kokugikan.2011.PDTV.x264-RUDOS.part1.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1514997474/DDT.Peter.Pan.Ryogoku.Kokugikan.2011.PDTV.x264-RUDOS.part2.rar

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

That show sounds great

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

weekly font posted:

That show sounds great

Ibushi vs Devitt! Kenny Omega teaming up with Michael Nakazawa! Sapp vs Dino! Sekimoto!

DDT is just the best.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I expect some Mr. 6 and Yoshihiko interaction.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That was the second big Dino match that really fell flat after all the hype. The last being against Hard Gay and RG, which should have been much better. Maybe I missed part of the ending, but I didn't see where The round ended and Dino could use his signature moves again

The end of the match confirms that everyone in Japan is gay.

Still haven't watched SMASH yet, but I'm almost there. Chii being on 19 is awesome though! She's one of my favorite Joshi girls.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Flameingblack posted:

Still haven't watched SMASH yet, but I'm almost there. Chii being on 19 is awesome though! She's one of my favorite Joshi girls.

I'm kind of disappointed Ice Ribbon didn't archive the newest 19Pro since it's got an IW19 match between Chii and Makoto (and a Fujimoto/Tsukushi vs. Shida/April Davids tag).

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The Sapp vs Dino rules were such that every other round was gay/non-gay.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ditch posted:

The Sapp vs Dino rules were such that every other round was gay/non-gay.
I don't remember the round changing before Dino started using gay moves again though, I thought it only went to round 3.

e: The round didn't change, Dino started using sexual moves again in round 3 and wasn't DQ'd.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
IT'S SAPP VS DINO STOP THINKING :mad: