Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Skrotum posted:

I have a question: what the gently caress is a buttboy? Its not a gay thing is it? I took it as kind of squire to non-knights in sell-sword companies.

Dietrich posted:

The target you shoot arrows at is called a butt

So, I assume it has something to do with that.

Aww yeah, :regd08:

To add a little more substance, a buttboy is a guy with a butt. You put your penis into the butt, it's pretty cool.

YES bread fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Victarions maester is the definition of a buttboy.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
A buttboy is willing. Victarion's maester is a rape victim.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Maytag posted:

A buttboy is willing. Victarion's maester is a rape victim.

Willing... to be raped? I'm not sure what you're saying here.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

YES bread posted:

Willing... to be raped? I'm not sure what you're saying here.

In ASOIAF you can rape the willing, the unwilling, and pretty much everything in between.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
A buttboy is willing to have penises inserted into his anus. He welcomes it. A rape victim does not want any foreign object inserted into any orifice or even rubbed on them.

Is frottage still rape?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm pretty sure it's "I won't rape you, kill you and steal your stuff if you let me gently caress you without biting me." I wouldn't call that not-rape, and it's probably something similair to Victarions maester.

Edit - You know this is a stupid discussion. Buttboy could mean anything from someone who's willing to forced.

bigmcgaffney posted:

The maester was eurons buttboy before he got gangplankraped.

The real question is was Satin Jons buttboy?

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 3, 2011

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The maester was eurons buttboy before he got gangplankraped.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Maytag posted:

Is frottage still rape?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frotteurism posted:

Frotteurism refers to a paraphilic interest in rubbing, usually one's pelvis or erect penis, against a non-consenting person for sexual gratification

:pervert:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
When a buttboy grows up does he evolve into an assman?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
If he evolves into assman does that mean he gets to go up on stage and scream racial slurs while threatening to stab someone with a fork?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

If he evolves into assman does that mean he gets to go up on stage and scream racial slurs while threatening to stab someone with a fork?

Pretty sure Tyrion does that in the next book.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

IRQ posted:

Pretty sure Tyrion does that in the next book.

Look at this idealistic child who thinks there will be another book.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Contra Calculus posted:

Look at this idealistic child who thinks there will be another book.

It'll be in a leaked chapter that will float around on the internet for five years before eventually being taken down from the official website when he decides it needs to be pushed back into the seventh book.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Look at those people who didn't realize Tyrion did this in the first book. Don't you need to level up your reading skill??

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

NoneSuch posted:

The real question is was Satin Jons buttboy?

Satin is the unofficial catamite for everyone at Castle Black. After Moletown gets deserted the female whores are no longer available, so it falls to Satin to take up the slack.

The reason everyone always refers to him as a whore in a derogatory fashion is because they hope they will draw attention away from the fact that they too hosed Satin up the butt.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Could someone please inform a new person what R+L=J stands for? I don't think there's enough magic in the world to let Renly and Loras father a child.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Could someone please inform a new person what R+L=J stands for? I don't think there's enough magic in the world to let Renly and Loras father a child.

Rhaegar, Lyanna, Jon

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
I must have missed whatever throwaway line in the book used the term buttboy.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ross posted:

The works of Gurm are dense and layered. You really have to read closely to catch the important bits.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Welcome back, Bad Thread. I've missed you.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

IRQ posted:

The works of Gurm are dense and layered. You really have to read closely to catch the important bits.

I have been working on leveling up my Reading skill but it's hard to find the hours in the day for that and concurrently grinding up Rape.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I didn't like this book, I didn't like it at all and I don't get why people are defending it. Dany is the worst character ever written and so is Daario.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 6, 2011

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Look at this babby who didn't know to level up buttboy before the GRRMfight :smug:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Raff the Sweetling + Lommy Greenhands = Jinglebell.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Martin Van Buren posted:

Raff the Sweetling + Lommy Greenhands = Jinglebell.

Oh gently caress spoilers

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

whowhatwhere posted:

Look at this babby who didn't know to level up buttboy before the GRRMfight :smug:

To be fair you really have to grind it pretty hard to have it ready for ADWD.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Robert Arryn + Lysa Arryn = Jon Connington

Don't loving ask how.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Jakabite posted:

Robert Arryn + Lysa Arryn = Jon Connington

Don't loving ask how.

It involves warging. The best kind of warging. Like Bran does to Hodor.

Scrubber
Feb 23, 2001
I'm just arguing for leniency; all she did was kill her friend.

Ross posted:

Luckily at least one butt boy section of ADWD is available for free viewing on google books:
http://books.google.com/books?id=1iRcTDvPlQsC&printsec=frontcover&hl=en#v=onepage&q=%22butt%20boy%22&f=false

GRRM is such a "good" writer that he managed to use both meanings of "butt boy" in the section:

"You are too ugly to be Bokkoko's butt boy" - rear end slave
"We can dress you up in squire's steel, pretend you're Jorah's butt boy" - servile underling

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

IRQ posted:

It involves warging. The best kind of warging. Like Bran does to Hodor.

The kind that'll eventually involve Meera (or Jojen, Bran might be gay) being raped?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Nah bro Tyron is not hairy enough to be J-Dawg's buttboy, would as useless as nipples on a breastplate.

Lagomorph Legion
Jul 26, 2007
How did I fail to make the connection before?

SAMWELL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Finished Dance today. I have now returned to the bad thread.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Soulcleaver posted:

Rather good timing on your part.

My update:
Haven't read a page since the last update.

I DID rediscover some old friends, however.
They figured out how to kill the hackers as well as make a few bucks

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I can't finish this book.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Soulcleaver posted:

Havent even started it. Read every spoiler I could, and am still waiting on chapter summaries so that I dont have to give that fat gently caress my money.

Edit: Any of you fat fucks want my money for the book?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

MeerkatHero posted:

How did I fail to make the connection before?

SAMWELL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

I think about that mixed with Sam Gamgee everytime I read about Sam'd pink mast.

For real content:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Havent even started it. Read every spoiler I could, and am still waiting on chapter summaries so that I dont have to give that fat gently caress my money.

Edit: Any of you fat fucks want my money for the book?

Send me a PM with an email address or something and I'll hook you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Okay. I finished the book just now. I appreciated Varys' return, and there were a few other events I enjoyed which have by now been discussed to death, so I won't bother making a complete list. Dany's poop was described with a suspicious level of detail. I hope she ends up taking over the new khalasar and that she doesn't suck so much, next book. Maybe she finally loving learned something.

I don't see the issue there was with writing the Meerenese Knot. I guess, looking in from the outside, the whole "oh, Drogon burns some poo poo then carries Dany away from her poo poo city" seems like a really easy solution but maybe it was hard for Gurm to go there. Who can even loving say.

Edit: Hated Kevan's death.