Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
So, any idea what I just scored from a Goodwill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yellow bits look like Aquazone stuff.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

( parts of )

This guy for sure:

And also, these:

and then one more major set that I'm not sure on

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Sockser posted:

( parts of )

This guy for sure:

And also, these:

and then one more major set that I'm not sure on

Thank you very much for the fast help!

The "other" set is some bullshit racing thing that sucks. The Warp Wing Fighter appers to be complete, so I'm going to call it $3 well-spent. :)

The Aquazone set, on the other hand, is in pretty sorry shape. I'd say it's approximately half there. If anyone wants it, I'd be glad to give it away. Someone in this thread did me a real solid today and I'd be stoked to pay it forward.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

So I headed to my Toys R Us and they had all the new star wars Lego out early. I picked up the tie fighter and my girlfriend picked up the escape pod. They had everything except for those little planet sets. So if there are any goons in or around the GTA looking to buy the new star wars stuff check out your Toys R Us!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Thank you very much for the fast help!

The "other" set is some bullshit racing thing that sucks. The Warp Wing Fighter appers to be complete, so I'm going to call it $3 well-spent. :)

The Aquazone set, on the other hand, is in pretty sorry shape. I'd say it's approximately half there. If anyone wants it, I'd be glad to give it away. Someone in this thread did me a real solid today and I'd be stoked to pay it forward.

If you literally mean "give it away," I could certainly put the bricks to use, having recently rediscovered Lego and more recently rediscovered price tags.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Sockser posted:

I had that. I thought it was pretty bitchinrad.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Funkmaster General posted:

If you literally mean "give it away," I could certainly put the bricks to use, having recently rediscovered Lego and more recently rediscovered price tags.

Super, PM me or email me at frictiony at yahoo dot com.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Just put together Luke's landspeeder. It's :krad: and pretty greebly for an official lego set, and now I own my own lego Artoo. It is definitely worth 20 dollars.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I wish you goons plenty of fun. When I was a kid I bought some of my own legos and loved the droid figures. I recently gave all my legos to the kid across the street. I think I left them in good hands.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

kazmeyer posted:

They can't really do that; deliveries are based on a route, and the truck gets to your house when it gets to your house. (I'm at the very end of my truck's route, which means they generally show up between 5 and 7pm, for instance -- it's always later close to the holidays, and once they got here at 8:30.) Setting up individual delivery times would be a logistical nightmare. UPS My Choice lets you reschedule by date or electronically authorize dropoffs, but that's about as far as it goes.

That's what it was the "My Choice" that I remember seeing. I have had so much stuff shipped here from Amazon I almost have the time frame down when they deliver, I just make sure I am home or I have my friend who loads the trucks at the distribution center put a hold on my address and just pick it up from him later.

And not to derail to much I want to say thanks to the guys that gave the different ideas for acquiring bulk legos. I have found that Goodwill is a decent site and if I play my cards right I could pick up sets for really cheap.

nws
Jul 20, 2004
Part time SCUBA Instructor......

Skulduggery posted:

So I headed to my Toys R Us and they had all the new star wars Lego out early. I picked up the tie fighter and my girlfriend picked up the escape pod. They had everything except for those little planet sets. So if there are any goons in or around the GTA looking to buy the new star wars stuff check out your Toys R Us!

Wife that woman!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

So, any idea what I just scored from a Goodwill?

90's LEGO MANIA heaven, that's what.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Adregan posted:

That sucks! Don't they have the thing now when you can set up a time to drop your packages off at your house when you are available?
UPS drivers are literally tracked by GPS and if they hang around one spot too long, they get yelled at by their boss. They're basically micromanaged by the second, so no way can they do something like this.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES
It would be really cool if we started up a LEGO traveling box. Like full of sets or cool pieces, that we then ship around the country. Take something leave something and send it on, much like what some of the other hobbyist megathreads do. As soon as I buy my box of series 5 and 6 I may start this by sending the leftover minifigures on down the line.

Would anyone be up for this and if we were to embark on such an adventure could we get a mod ready with a banhammer for the guy who straight up jacks the package?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

I randomly grabbed 4 bags of Series 6 guys (I finally found some at the Lego Store at Tyson's Corner in Virginia), and got two I really wanted from that group. The other two were the pink astronaut girl and what I at first thought was the wind-up robot, but turned out to be the alien. Am I the only one who thinks having a random alien/spaceman in each of the last few series is just kind of lazy or uninspired? It's just a boring Lego guy.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Well, the spaceman in Series 7 is awesome, for what it's worth. It's sort of a Lego Master Chief or something. Looks like the battle-scarred leader of the ADU to me :cool:

Deadcell27
May 11, 2007

Quick, before he comes back!
My fiance got me the Bat-Cave set for my birthday, looking forward to that build so much. Anyone else got it yet, and mind telling me how much space it takes up? Need to plan a spot for it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Red posted:

Am I the only one who thinks having a random alien/spaceman in each of the last few series is just kind of lazy or uninspired? It's just a boring Lego guy.

No lazier or more uninspired than having a couple of random everyday jobs in each series. Since when does a friendly neighborhood butcher beat spacemen for not-boringness?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I don't mind getting robots or spacemen in each series because each looks different than the other. The skaters and surfers though? :argh:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

VaultAggie posted:

I don't mind getting robots or spacemen in each series because each looks different than the other. The skaters and surfers though? :argh:

The punk girl in series 6 is loving awesome though

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
:siren: ATTENTION UK MINIFIG COLLECTORS :siren:

Tesco is currently liquidating the remaining Series 5 stock they have. Each minifig has been reduced to £1.50. It's only a 50p saving I know but think of it as if now every 4th figure you buy is free!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Gabriel Pope posted:

No lazier or more uninspired than having a couple of random everyday jobs in each series. Since when does a friendly neighborhood butcher beat spacemen for not-boringness?

When you are a butcher with red sideburns, that's when!
God drat it I need that butcher. Haven't spotted any S6 'round these parts yet.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Finished the bottom part of the Fire Brigade today, well book one. Took me 3+ hours I'd say. Very fun build and even the g/f was impressed with it. Anyone have any idea if there are plans for more modular buildings? These sets interest me much more than the regular City lines. I think next I'll either pickup the VW Bus or the Space Shuttle, both look really awesome.

Testro
May 2, 2009
The way they're currently selling, I think the Modular line will run for a fair while yet.

I didn't mean to collect any S6 figs, but I'm now at the stage of owning 9. There's only 2 left that I wouldn't mind getting, but I don't know whether to risk keep buying (and getting duplicates). I've surprised myself so far at how I've got better at feeling for figs.

I really failed with S5 - I'm only missing 4 figs, and 3 of those were ones I was aiming for when I started looking! I can't decide whether to try a couple more (I've had 3 duplicates so far), or to give up and just buy off eBay.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
As long as you take your time and make sure you're identifying your parts correctly, there's no reason you can't get exactly what you want. If there's more than one unique part to a particular minifig, try and identify as many as you can. It sucks buying a Lady Liberty only to discover what you thought was the flame of her torch is actually the Spanish Dancer's fan.

Of course, if you do get duplicates, you can always trade or sell them.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

I just picked up the Star Wars Advent Calendar at Wal-Mart for $20. It had a red clearance label that said $40, but upon scanning it rang up as $20. :dance:

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Testro posted:

I really failed with S5 - I'm only missing 4 figs, and 3 of those were ones I was aiming for when I started looking! I can't decide whether to try a couple more (I've had 3 duplicates so far), or to give up and just buy off eBay.

Which were you hoping to get? I've got a bunch of duplicates from S5.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Made the 3 hr drive to nearest Lego store today to pillage the brick wall. They had a whole bin of Series 6, figured I would try to feel out a few I needed. An hour later I was still helping kids feel the bags for ones that they wanted, the parents were thanking me for all the help and the Older man that worked there couldn't have had a bigger smile on his face seeing the kids happy. When I was checking out he told me how he likes to help the kids when he can but one of the store managers won't allow them to feel the bags to help people. 3 Large PaB cups, 15 minifigs, and 2 star wars minifig key chains that were marked down to .98 each. Not a bad haul. I so wished they had the new Xwing though :smith:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
My local Meijer has a bucket full (100s easy) of series 5 minifigs 2 for $4. Is that a pretty good price? I'm tempted to grab a few handfulls.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

DrChud posted:

Made the 3 hr drive to nearest Lego store today to pillage the brick wall. They had a whole bin of Series 6, figured I would try to feel out a few I needed. An hour later I was still helping kids feel the bags for ones that they wanted, the parents were thanking me for all the help and the Older man that worked there couldn't have had a bigger smile on his face seeing the kids happy. When I was checking out he told me how he likes to help the kids when he can but one of the store managers won't allow them to feel the bags to help people. 3 Large PaB cups, 15 minifigs, and 2 star wars minifig key chains that were marked down to .98 each. Not a bad haul. I so wished they had the new Xwing though :smith:

That's weird, the employees at my local Lego store will literally write which minifig is in the bag in their spare time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ChesterJT posted:

My local Meijer has a bucket full (100s easy) of series 5 minifigs 2 for $4. Is that a pretty good price? I'm tempted to grab a few handfulls.

I can only ever find them at TRU for $3.50 apiece. I wouldn't go nuts at that price but I'd definitely try to find a few more dwarves, myself.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

illcendiary posted:

That's weird, the employees at my local Lego store will literally write which minifig is in the bag in their spare time.

The employees were super helpful, It just sounded like it was one manager that frowned upon it. I also met a gent, that came up to me when I was at the brick wall filling up a cup and asked me quietly, "Hey, are you AFOL" kinda like a drug dealer would ask if you wanna buy. He seemed to be asking everyone in the store, when he checked out he bought like 6 Ninjago Kai's Blade Cycles. Guess he really needed the parts from them. I hope hes not in this thread, I will feel bad talking about him :ohdear:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

DrChud posted:

The employees were super helpful, It just sounded like it was one manager that frowned upon it. I also met a gent, that came up to me when I was at the brick wall filling up a cup and asked me quietly, "Hey, are you AFOL" kinda like a drug dealer would ask if you wanna buy. He seemed to be asking everyone in the store, when he checked out he bought like 6 Ninjago Kai's Blade Cycles. Guess he really needed the parts from them. I hope hes not in this thread, I will feel bad talking about him :ohdear:

Well, it wasn't me, but I did just pick up that set. Someone returned it to the store I worked at and I nabbed it before it could go back on the shelf for 30% off since it was opened (the box was open but the bags of parts inside were still sealed). I wasn't actually interested in the set but it turned out to be more interesting than I'd thought it would be.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

If you do go back and nab some dwarfs I will throw you some cash to send a couple my way. My Meijer just isn't cool enough to have series 5.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!

Funkmaster General posted:

Well, it wasn't me, but I did just pick up that set. Someone returned it to the store I worked at and I nabbed it before it could go back on the shelf for 30% off since it was opened (the box was open but the bags of parts inside were still sealed). I wasn't actually interested in the set but it turned out to be more interesting than I'd thought it would be.
I did not like the set much myself, seemed to be geared more towards people who roleplay with their Lego. There were also not many pieces that I wanted from it.

In other news, I am giving away some Lego surprises. The first three to email me sorry, all gone will get a small promo set.

Pseudo-God fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 30, 2012

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
You've got to set your email :ssh:

Email sent :)

muike fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 30, 2012

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!

Pretentious Turtle posted:

You've got to set your email :ssh:
Post above edited with my email. Also, tell me your shipping address.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Sent you an email, I'd love a promo set! In other news, I just splurged and bought myself Pet Shop, Medieval Market Village and the V wing fighter. Can't wait for them all to get here on Wednesday! You should all check out amazon warehouse deals, they usually discount anywhere between 5-30 dollars for sets that have a slightly damaged box. I actually bought pet shop for 130 and mmv for 70! I even bought the Jedi Starfighter UCS a couple weeks back for only 50ish. They usually aren't even open so its a great deal if you don't really care about the box itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I don't know what it is, but the second wave of Ninjago sets has me cackling like mad. I picked up the Rattlecopter today, and it's probably the most fun I've had building in a while. I'm not sure which I like more, the little fangs on the bottom of the cockpit, or the SNAKE BOMBS.

SNAKE.

BOMBS.