Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

InfinEight posted:

Well, actually, the PAB wall is a much better value if you can pack the cup until bursting. This guy got 506 pieces in his cup: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27795 and big cups are what, $20? So really if all those pieces in the Minecraft set were available on the wall, you would save money by picking them yourself. Especially if you were only interested in say, those 1x1 tiles; I'm sure you could fit more than 500 of them into one large cup, which would maximize your desired cost/piece.

People have managed to get 500-650 1x2 bricks into a $15 cup by really obsessively packing them, so if you just wanted 1x1 plates/tiles only you could probably get a couple thousand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Eh, not a fan of the minecraft module but it's a neat direction for them to take. Now we need Lego Starcraft.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Fayez Butts posted:

Yeah I don't know what you guys are talking about, the set is awesome.

I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable LEGO Minecraft videogame. The circle of life must come full circle.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

VaultAggie posted:

Now we need Lego Starcraft.

Mega Bloks got that license, I'm afraid. To be fair to them, though, the quality of their sets seems to have been improving across the board, no doubt thanks to the popularity of their Halo license.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

3 posted:

Mega Bloks got that license, I'm afraid. To be fair to them, though, the quality of their sets seems to have been improving across the board, no doubt thanks to the popularity of their Halo license.
I'm a huge lego fan, but I'm also a huge halo fan so I've accumulated my fair share of megabloks sets. Although the quality is not on the same level as Lego they have come a long way. The pelican dropship in particular surprised me with its quality.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
So I decided to reward myself for some good exam results with the Droid Escape set. I like it a lot, particularly the Sandtroopers with their dirty armour and shoulder pads.

Two things though:

1) Why the hell did they put in a speeder trike thing instead of a DEWBACK?!

2) I don't like that C3P0 is at the controls of the escape pod - clearly Artoo would be flying it.

:goonsay:

EDIT: loving hell. Dewback minifigs for £25 on BrickLink :aaa:

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 16, 2012

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Im a sucker for little things, and I absolutely love microscale stuff so I can see adding my own modules to the Minecraft set.

I thought this was pretty clever.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

VaultAggie posted:

Eh, not a fan of the minecraft module but it's a neat direction for them to take. Now we need Lego Starcraft.

No, Ghostbusters. http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/8058

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

3 posted:

Looks like they're also moving way away from the "Four huge molded pieces held together with twenty actual bricks" that characterized their earlier stuff.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

No, Ghostbusters. http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/8058

This would make my day. Sadly unless we get a third film, this isn't happening. A man can dream though, a man can dream...

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

http://toysnbricks.com/usa-lego-series-7-minifigures-available-now-at-target/

Didn't series 6 JUST come out? Also, I NEED that computer geek!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDj_zA1v450

Video showing off the Town Hall modular building coming next month. You can see UCS R2-D2 and what looks like a haunted house in quick shots at the beginning of the video.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

3 posted:

That's not a battlecruiser. THIS is a battlecruiser.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm gonna buy that Minecraft Lego both because I am a fan of Lego and Minecraft, and also because I want to reward Lego for taking the risk with Cuusou.

And of course the cute lil' Creeper head and Steve. :3:

Maybe if it's really successful they'll do more. I would hope so.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 16, 2012

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

ixnay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDj_zA1v450

Video showing off the Town Hall modular building coming next month. You can see UCS R2-D2 and what looks like a haunted house in quick shots at the beginning of the video.

Want that haunted house!

Also, MSRP on the town hall is gonna be $199. That's a tough pill to swallow after the $149 previous buildings.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

mattfl posted:

Want that haunted house!
Me too. I bet it's part of the awesome upcoming Monster Fighters theme.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Fooley posted:

Im a sucker for little things, and I absolutely love microscale stuff so I can see adding my own modules to the Minecraft set.

I thought this was pretty clever.

Oh god that's all Lego. :psyduck:

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Oh my. The lego RX-78-2 Gundam I posted a bit back? Cuusoo page now.

The things I would do for that. :stare:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have a funny feeling that Lego Gundam violates quite a few of the laws of Lego.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Like what? Weapons? They already break those rules for licensed sets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That haunted house is MINE. Also, 199 for the Town Hall? Ouch. I dread to think what that'll end up being here in the UK.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The_Doctor posted:

That haunted house is MINE. Also, 199 for the Town Hall? Ouch. I dread to think what that'll end up being here in the UK.

I think it's £150 which isn't bad given the common $1:£1 for smaller sets.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cbouncerrun posted:

No. The laws of Lego Brick stress.

edit: apparently the link to the PDF doesn't work anymore. Anyone got it?

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Cbouncerrun posted:

I think he's referring to the really strict building rules regarding possible connections and stuff like that for strength. And its not weapons lego has a problem with but anything thats explicitly war themed is a no-no, so we'll never see anything like Halo come to Lego.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I was at Costco today and came across these photo storage boxes. It's one large crate with 12 identical smaller boxes inside it. It struck me as absolutely perfect for Lego storage, perhaps even more than the usual tackle-box style most people use for smaller/less numerous parts.
I wound up buying two of 'em. They're actually about $8 cheaper at Costco than they are on Amazon, but of course, every Costco's stock is going to vary.

Someone in one of my IRC channels said he saw two Clone Turbo Tanks at Target on clearance for $35. I'm not sure where he is, though; Kentucky, I think. Those things are $120 MSRP.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I splurged a bit and ordered the Lego Imperial Shuttle. It looks cool, and I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Rare Collectable posted:

I think he's referring to the really strict building rules regarding possible connections and stuff like that for strength. And its not weapons lego has a problem with but anything thats explicitly war themed is a no-no, so we'll never see anything like Halo come to Lego.
Not even Star Wars? :geno:

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Asimo posted:

Not even Star Wars? :geno:

I think thats kinda different. Star Wars despite having war in the name is more space fantasy about adventures. Halo is about shooting people in the face and nothing else.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah it's the difference between hover tanks that don't really look like conventional tanks and camo green tanks with treads and machine guns on top. Or a Tie Fighter and a helicopter gunship that could probably be made today.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a powerpoint and not a PDF, but here you go!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah, there's a PDF version out there but I couldn't find it. Oh well.

Anyways, the Lego Minecraft set will come in a square Grass Block box. Which is awesome.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I splurged a bit and ordered the Lego Imperial Shuttle. It looks cool, and I've heard a lot of good things about it.

It is, in fact, a great set.

I picked up the little micro-scale TIE Interceptor yesterday, which is also a pretty nice little desk toy. I may have to get some more of its cockpit windows off Bricklink or something too, they seem like they'd be handy....for building a whole TIE squadron, if nothing else. :v:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Was in Toys R Us tonight taking advantage of the 2 for $5 mini fig sale and picked up this pretty cool display case.

Also, get over to the mini fig trading thread! I wanna finish S6 and start on the previous series.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

mattfl posted:

Was in Toys R Us tonight taking advantage of the 2 for $5 mini fig sale and picked up this pretty cool display case.

Also, get over to the mini fig trading thread! I wanna finish S6 and start on the previous series.

Much better than the one on the lego website which only holds 15 minifigs.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dead Alice posted:

Much better than the one on the lego website which only holds 15 minifigs.

Ya I was reading about that one. Apparently that one is just cardboard. This one is hard plastic, holds 16 and it's an official Lego product.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

mattfl posted:

Ya I was reading about that one. Apparently that one is just cardboard. This one is hard plastic, holds 16 and it's an official Lego product.

Why would they make two different types? :psyduck:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Dead Alice posted:

The 15-figure case was released in March 2010. Minifigures Series 1 was released May 2010.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Dead Alice posted:

Three. There's another plastic one that holds 8.

edit: While googling to confirm this post, I found this gem. Make sure you watch the video.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 17, 2012

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

No. The laws of Lego Brick stress.

I'm fairly certain I have the one you're looking for. What's a good place to upload it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

I'm fairly certain I have the one you're looking for. What's a good place to upload it?

Here you go, have a public Dropbox link!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9330734/brickstress.pdf