Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Dead Man Posting posted:

No. For example, all my post on this page are complete shitpost. But at this very moment, I am getting better with my posting because I am one second older in the regdate.

Anyways for a (real) post, here is a interview of GRRM from Feather Factor.

Reading the Hunger games eh? We wouldn't say anything about a lecherous old man like the GRRM reading a young adult book would we?

Winds of Winter: Arya participates in the Starvation Games upon her return to Westeros wherein peasant children fight in front of the court for a heel of black bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
If I remember correctly, the poo poo-dick infestation occurred soon after his wedding. I believe that there was some speculation regarding whether the poo poo-dick originated in the depths of Ty's bowels (bloody flux?) or in Paris' trencher. The poo poo-dick (e. coli infection in the urethra/bladder) may also have been caused by Ser Lardass' loss of ability to properly cleanse his rear end due to his exponentially expanding girth. The Not a Blog sympathy posts were nauseating. I sneaked a couple of obviously sarcastic posts by under a fake twitter acct. He replied to a couple of mine... probably because I used an avatar picture with huge tits.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

crazypeltast52 posted:

Winds of Winter: Arya participates in the Starvation Games upon her return to Westeros wherein peasant children fight in front of the court for a heel of black bread.
I'm firmly on Team Peeta Petyr.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Joramun posted:

We should do something like this when the show starts back up. I'm on Team Frey!

Rob does die in ACOC, right?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

We should do something like this when the show starts back up. I'm on Team Frey!

I think so. I'm staying away from the TVIV thread for fear of bans this season because of it.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

IRQ posted:

Rob actually warged into Lord Frey and in WoW he will exact his revenge by murdering all the Freys that are still at the Crossing and baking them into a pie big enough to make it into the Maester's book of world records.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

I think his name was actually Robb, although the first b is silent.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

If they recast the role with David Schwimmer, they can call him Roß.

Oh man, now I want Matthew Perry as Hot Pie.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

IRQ posted:

Team Edd all up in this bitch. Get on this train and it ride. No cauliflower dick going to derail us, when Jon starts spending time with that fat gently caress Samwell we're not gonna get discouraged.

I think Robby dies in SoS so there a ways to go on that front, too bad HBO filmed all the seasons but is just sitting on them like a bunch of fartknockers.

Edit: Joey/Phoebe 4ever, but Paul Rudd was cool too

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 17, 2012

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

I'll be there for you, when the rains of Castamere start to fall

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

IRQ posted:

You leave my future desperation marriage pact wife-to-be alone! Or not, whatevs.

As a Hitler I have to know whether or not you are Jewish before we can decide to get married and have babies together.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

my cat is norris is literally 10 hitlers in a 5 hitler bag.

I am the :btroll: of Hitlers.

So hey I was in Atlanta this week and EVEN THOUGH SOMEONE DIDN'T GET BACK TO ME ABOUT MAYBE HAVING LUNCH OR EEL PIES TOGETHER I saw this Gurm-a-like at some poo poo restaurant:

I wonder if Gurm now has clones running around that actually write for him.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 17, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Joramun posted:

I think his name was actually Robb, although the first b is silent.

Almost; it's the second b :smugbert:

Factor_VIII posted:

I'm surprised there are people that believe that. It would suggest that GRRM finishes books quickly, which quite obviously isn't the case.

Counterpoint (with anniversaries included because I have to live up to my nickname):

A Game of Thrones: 6 Aug. 1996 (the 51st anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing. COINCIDENCE?!)
A Clash of Kings: 16 November 1998 (UK) (84th anniversary of the opening of the US Federal Reserve :tinfoil:)
A Storm of Swords: 8 August 2000 (UK) (10th anniversary of the annexation of Kuwait by Iraq)

3 books, 4 years.

Joramun posted:

Team Baelish is obviously the correct team :colbert:

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

whowhatwhere posted:

Counterpoint (with anniversaries included because I have to live up to my nickname):

3 books, 4 years.
Do we know when he actually started writing those books? If he had begun say a decade before it would fit with the overall pattern.

PS: A Feast for Crows came out on the 17 October, on the 191st anniversary of the London Beer Flood which killed 9 people by drowning them in beer. Is GRRM a beer lover?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Factor_VIII posted:

Do we know when he actually started writing those books? If he had begun say a decade before it would fit with the overall pattern.

PS: A Feast for Crows came out on the 17 October, on the 191st anniversary of the London Beer Flood which killed 9 people by drowning them in beer. Is GRRM a beer lover?

The words beer and ale occur 191 times in Feast for Crows. Coincidence? I think not!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Factor_VIII posted:

it began in 1991, but was basically put on hold until 1994 because he had jobs which actually paid money.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Ashrik posted:

So what's the story with GURM getting shitdick? I don't know what that is

Don't forget that he almost died from this too.

He almost died from having poo poo on his dick and not cleaning it.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The GRRMalikes shall inherit the earth

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Anders posted:

Has it been established that there is an actual causal relation between genital hygiene and life expectancy? If so I'm probably immortal now since I rinse mine daily, sometimes even twice.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

bigmcgaffney posted:

I wonder what the holy symbol of a religion based on GRRM would have been if he'd actually died from that.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Anders posted:

I always understood it as in.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

run DNC posted:

Correct.

The GRRM Thread: Rinse yo Dick

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Coliform urinary tract infection.

He literally had doodoo in his weewee.

Hey I'm just here to say I'm really enjoying reading your posts in Brad Pitt's voice.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bigmcgaffney posted:

And the neeps shall inherit the Earth.

We are the meisters of the temples of Syrinxx.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I still say the avatar should have been Col. Hans Landa investigating Reddit for pedophiles. It would have set redditors off beautifully.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

run DNC posted:

That's true at one point I guess, but even GURM pees ejaculates, and that would clear most of it out...

... If he didn't reinsert it himself after each time.

Sick absolute fucker.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I updated the OP with some very poorly made images so I can procrastinate writing this paper.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh yeah, when is Winds of Winter coming out?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh Tony

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Oh yeah, when is Winds of Winter coming out?

When MRA posters respect women, when Ron Paul is no longer running for president, when the GRRM is no longer a pedophile and reddit stops hosting naked children.

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.

crazypeltast52 posted:

When MRA posters respect women, when Ron Paul is no longer running for president, when the GRRM is no longer a pedophile and reddit stops hosting naked children.

"Never!" The wind seemed to whisper

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

crazypeltast52 posted:

Excellent. Now that we have a to-do list we can start working on fulfilling the conditions.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

my cat is norris posted:

I saw this Gurm-a-like at some poo poo restaurant:

I wonder if Gurm now has clones running around that actually write for him.

GRRM should take a lesson from Gallagher and license these guys to appear at conventions for him .

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Tom Toddlesworth posted:

It is known.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tom Toddlesworth posted:

Ah yes, but words are wind.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

IRQ posted:

Ah yes, but words are wind.

This, but much and more

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

savinhill posted:

GRRM should take a lesson from Gallagher and license these guys to appear at conventions for him .

Multiple Gurms is possibly the most terrifying idea ever.

Also, I'm not against a Hunger Games crossover.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 18, 2012

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

Well you are in luck! I'm sure someone in this thread can whip up a little Katniss/Littlefinger encounter or just switch Gale and Gendry, or maybe some hot lovin' between the two.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Why not? We had a fine little ASOIAF/Warhammer 40K crossover going to distract us from the spiral of hate and loathing from waiting for the Mountain That Doesn't Write to finish the loving book. It was actually pretty drat good.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Heh, "Mountain That Doesn't Write", that's a good one.

Those are some good crossover ideas, for sure. I think I'd love to see what would happen if Ned Stark were replaced with Boromir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Exactly the same things.