Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Would an indigenous race of Arthours count as a race of butlers? Because if so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Plom Bar posted:

Would an indigenous race of Arthours count as a race of butlers? Because if so...

That is the joke.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I may not be able to make it on my music-makin computer for the next few days, so I just wanted to drop off what I have so far of a theme for the Land of Sand and Zephyr, Tavros' place.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That's, uh. That's not Vriska.

EDIT: Also she's dead.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

King of Solomon posted:

That's, uh. That's not Vriska.

EDIT: Also she's dead.
Why isn't it Vriska? She has the color, the fangs, and the horns.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's Li'l Mindfang :3

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me
It could be Mindfang as a child.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

That uhh...what?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My guess, it's pre-Scratch Mindfang. Just a wild stab, though.

She seems nice, though! :shobon:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Suddenly I understand jack-poo poo. Again.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If it is A1 Vriska, then she is both dead and apparently A1 Karkat's girlfriend?

Either that or Jake just bumped into a random dead fantroll in some dream bubble.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
So does that mean that the prescratch troll session is happening during the post scratch kid session or am I reading it wrong?
Fake edit: probably not enough information to really not sound dumb

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's Li'l Mindfang :3

Yeah, Li'l Mindfang makes the most sense from what I can see, but that just makes this sequence make less sense, unless Jake is visiting Dream Bubbles through his dead dream self or something similarly screwed up from the dead dream self.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

...I'm sorry, what? :psyduck:

Hussie does a great job with the whole "my readers now understand jack poo poo" thing. I mean seriously what

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What the gently caress? What the gently caress

She has a Sufferer necklace, too.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

At first I thought it was pre-scratch Mindfang.. And then I looked a little closer...

Hussie, you magnificent tease.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Dream bubbles were blown by the gods of the Furthest ring for the Kids and Trolls at the request of Feferi, and some help from Jade, so it probably isn't that

They are also in a black empty space rather than a dreambubble. thinking about it, it makes perfect sense that anyone erased from existence by the scratch would end up in the furthest ring. And it is clearly a kid, not an adult, so that rules out A2 Mindfang and original Vriska and doesn't look like Vriska, with different specs and such, so yeah: it's A1 Mindfang.

People with dead dreamselves go to the furthest ring, this is known. If Mindfang is there, makes sense that Jake could meet her. The girl of his dreams!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Midnight Raider posted:

At first I thought it was pre-scratch Mindfang.. And then I looked a little closer...

....that makes even less sense :psyboom:

Unless...quick, someone compare Jake's hair to Vriska's!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Midnight Raider posted:

:manning:

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
I was about to say "wait a minute this could be mindfang meaning that the troll universe got scratched back to the universe with the sufferer" but that would be a big leap

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Midnight Raider posted:

I seriously have no idea what you're getting at here.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

My initial response was "no no not her please don't come back from the dead to take over the plot again," but once I realized it was not Vriska, I decided to just go with the flow.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Midnight Raider posted:

You are definitely looking for that a little too hard.

It's almost definitely pre-scratch Mindfang.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Edit: I need some loving rest
Vvvvvv there's no way that there won't be

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 19, 2012

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Is no one else picking up on that there is going to be another DOUBLE MOBIOUS REACHAROUND with the trollcestors? Why else would The ROYAL CONDESCE have been in the latest flash?

Edit: also she's probably not dead just her dreamself and so is Jake's and their bubbles are crossing.

UltraPenguinX
Mar 23, 2009

TC: hOnK hOnK iM a MoThErFuCkInG sEaL :o)
Was it ever confirmed if Karkat's symbol even existed pre-scratch?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Why else would The ROYAL CONDESCE have been in the latest flash?

Because it's already been heavily implied, if not outright stated, that the Royal Condesce has replaced the black queen Somehow?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

UltraPenguinX posted:

Was it ever confirmed if Karkat's symbol even existed pre-scratch?

It was the sign of the signless.

KoB
May 1, 2009

pandaK posted:

It was the sign of the signless.

Thats post-scratch Alternia. We havent seen anything from pre-scratch Alternia before.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
BUT WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEEEAAAAAN!?!?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's Vriska time.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
Who cares about Mindfang? Those Tinkerbulls are absolutely loving adorable!

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is the best thing ever. Haters gonna hate, Vriska was the best troll and I'm glad we have someone similar back.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
D'awwwwww, look at Lil' Mindfang's lil' red shoes. :3

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'm thinking either Pre-scratch Mindfang or 16-year-old dead Vriska.

Eitherway YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, because Scorpio troll are best troll.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Roger Explosion posted:

16-year-old dead Vriska.

This one.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's clearly a "nicer" version of Vriska or her identical ancestor. Meaning probably pre-scratch Alternia, where Vriska was the ancestor and Mindfang was one of the trolls not vicious enough to win their game.

The Dreambubbles only let you connect to people you know, though, so I'm not sure how these two bumped into one another. Perhaps Li'l Mindfang was using her psychic powers to try to contact people in other universes, like the ultimate nerdy astronomer kid?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
If this is Lil'Mindfang, I guess it means each human/troll session has to have another human/troll session reach-arounded with it. Maybe to create a universe free of Lord English's control, this is necessary. Maybe the kids/trolls have been playing the game exactly how its meant to be played all along.

Edit: given Mindfang and this new troll share bright red shoe attire, I think it well may be.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 19, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I guess the other alternative is that, to remain paradox-free, the universe requires that a session successfully created the B2-universe, which the Trolls would have failed to do, so it retconned in a new Troll universe to explain it?

Or something.

And if we're going to keep calling her Li'l Mindfang, we're going to have to agree on a common spelling of " Li'l " vs " Lil' ". I perfer the former, as it is the way the comic strips spell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
The imageboard seems to have settled on 'Nerd Mindfang'. :psyduck: Is it the glasses?