Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Sanschel posted:

Sometimes I forget about some of the crazy poo poo they make though, like the $18,000 1/2 size bronze Darth Vader statue. I don't even know who that kind of thing is for.

I ordered two for doorstops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

In case anyone missed it: Sideshow is making it even harder to resist buying from them. Flexpay was pretty sweet as is, but stretching some of those out to more than three months is awesome. The Hot Toys Iron Man Mark I (2.0) at $31 for seven months is super tempting.

Sometimes I forget about some of the crazy poo poo they make though, like the $18,000 1/2 size bronze Darth Vader statue. I don't even know who that kind of thing is for.

Yup, I ordered that IM for just that reason.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm glad they are doing that -- opens a lot more of a audience to these collectibles. :)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Yup, I ordered that IM for just that reason.
I'm THIS CLOSE to doing the same thing.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

That's about what I pay each month for health insurance. Hmm...health insurance or Iron Man action figure...

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Been a while ... anyone else looking forward to Ash Wood's Metal Gear Rex? I'm suuuper stoked.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Speaking of giant robots...

I have this ancient, battered Robotech robot lying around, a relic of my early childhood. I never watched the show, but I loved that toy when I was little.

Pictured here alongside a reissue of the same figure that Playmates did in the 90's:

I've been thinking it might be a fun little project to take that old beat-up robot apart, clean it up, putty over all the screw holes, maybe add some extra articulation to the arms and legs if it's not too hard, and then give it a sweet paint job inspired by the World War Robot figures, with lots of subtle weathering.

It would be cool to take this old piece of junk and turn it into a real display piece.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Do one up as Morgan Kell's Archer (for the Battletech nerds), do the other as a Destroid Spartan (for the Robotech nerds).

Here's a good example:
http://2darkpark.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=412804

(halfway down)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I don't think I want to mess with the reissue one, since it's still in pretty good shape.

It's interesting though, seeing a picture of a nicer model of that Robotech robot. As I said, I was not familiar with the show so I just know it as this random toy I had. It doesn't really represent anything to me, so I was going to get creative with the paint job.

I was thinking I might add extra guns to it or something if I find cool spare parts lying around. The red thing on the front opens up to reveal a big cannon, which is pretty rad.

I managed to remove a lot of the screws from it, but the rest are so rusty they strip instantly under the slightest torque. Hopefully they will be easy to drill out...

There was the remains of a tiny spider inside one of its arms... Probably been there since the early 80's.

Edit: Here's what it looks like disassembled. I put the screws / pieces of drilled-out screws in there so you could see how many of them it took to hold that thing together. I'm going to throw them all out and use glue.

Reminds me of when I used to build model kits. This should be fun!

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 20, 2012

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Does anyone know of any sites outside of ebay that would have The Comedian Hot Toy for a decent price? My fiance has been wanting him for ages and they don't pop up too often.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Oh God, Sideshow has the new Hot Toys Nick Fury up for that same 5 month payment plan. $38 bucks a month, gently caress I will have no paychecks left.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys is doing all Avengers as we might have guessed -- so I'm excited to finally get a Iron Man figure, the rest I do not care for.

This also means they are doing a HULK figure. Expect to pay at least $250 for that beast.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New Batmobile details have come out -- this thing is going to be a beast. 39" x 16" x 9"!! Here are some pics, due March 2013 they say, so lots of time to save those pennies. Expect this around $600 to $700.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

$629.99 on Sideshow, or BBTS has it for $579.99.

Sideshow however is doing that payment plan thing, letting you do 10 payments of $63 a month.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Portal Gun preorder sold out in less than a day!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
hoooly crap. march the 2nd. $490

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Rage posted:

$629.99 on Sideshow, or BBTS has it for $579.99.

Sideshow however is doing that payment plan thing, letting you do 10 payments of $63 a month.

$63 downpayment, I get $25 off through points, maybe a bit more if I wait.

One fully year of waiting though, I'll likely forget about it by than.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Still hoping that Sideshow gets that beast so I can flex-pay it, seems odd to get a 3a distribution deal and not put Rex through that. Whatever, I'll still be grabbing it.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Vaporware posted:

hoooly crap. march the 2nd. $490

Ahhh, so close to the release day!

I wish I could find the video demo of the railgun's leds working again.

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Does anyone know what this action figure is? Nearest I could find is Extreme Dinosaurs/Street Sharks and it's from Mattel, but I couldn't find this particular figure listed anywhere.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
That's Bad Rap, apparently.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I found Hope Summers when I was in Montgomery, AL this week. I like the Marvel Legends scale but I have a bunch of the Universe size ones already. Is MU continuing?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I found Hope Summers when I was in Montgomery, AL this week. I like the Marvel Legends scale but I have a bunch of the Universe size ones already. Is MU continuing?

Yes MU is the flagship.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

On that note, I haven't even seen the first wave of the Marvel Universe 2012 line yet. I'm not sure if my area just sucks for toy collecting or if there's some sort of distribution issue.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

On that note, I haven't even seen the first wave of the Marvel Universe 2012 line yet. I'm not sure if my area just sucks for toy collecting or if there's some sort of distribution issue.

It looks like it's not supposed to be out until March. Which for me means it'll be closer to late April, since they just put out the Winter line around here.

On the up side I have Patriot, Storm, and Psylocke now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I just saw the new wave Sunday. If anyone wants anything, let me know I'll grab it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What's in the new wave?

Edit-- looked it up, I never saw the last 2011 wave with Storm and Psylocke. If anyone can grab a Psylocke (that looks good and doesn't look all sloppy or whatever) I'd appreciate it.

The only other one I'm looking forward to in 2012 is She-Hulk because She-Hulk is awesome.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 27, 2012

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I don't know if anyone else here collects them, but I love Kotobukiya's 1/10 scale Star Wars statues. I just got the R2-D2 and C-3P0 set and they are amazing. The gold shinyness on C-3P0 is very well done.

And kotobukiya just announced at ToyFair that they will be making Return of the Jedi Boba Fett and Darth Vader. I can't wait to get that new Fett, the Cloud City ESB version I have right now is awesome. They are a bit pricey, but I love that 1/10 scale.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So the new Marvel Legends are out, what's the verdict?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

So the new Marvel Legends are out, what's the verdict?

They're fantastic as they've upped the plastic quality, articulation and paint. Great character selection with a couple duds here and there and the running variants on characters (Thunderball -> Piledriver, Madame Masque -> Madame Hydra) is a really smart way of essentially releasing 8 characters per wave. Obviously the problem is finding the god drat things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

They're fantastic as they've upped the plastic quality, articulation and paint. Great character selection with a couple duds here and there and the running variants on characters (Thunderball -> Piledriver, Madame Masque -> Madame Hydra) is a really smart way of essentially releasing 8 characters per wave. Obviously the problem is finding the god drat things.

We're getting one case in next week, I'm really only interested in Thor and Steve Rogers. MAYBE the Iron Man.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Picked up Ghost Rider and Thor, passed on the rest because, while I'd like the BAF, I just can't justify the cost of the other figures due to the high number of "dud" characters.

Louisgod is correct about the look, articulation and general quality control. VERY nice, indeed.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

I don't care about Madame Masque, but I could sure go for a Madame Hydra variant. :ohdear:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hot Toys got Arkham City

I hope they do a Mr. Freeze, I would happily shell out for him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I'll skip the Batman from that but a Mr.Freeze would be loving INCREDIBLE. It's the closest we'll ever get to the version from the animated series.

In other news, does Matty collector use the slowest loving shipments? They sent out the first figure from the Voltron Club thing around Feb 14th and I still haven't received ANYTHING. This is up to Canada and usually it's a week or so. My card has been charged as well.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 1, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yes unless you elect UPS, Matty has the slowest shipping in the world.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ugh just looked at the Voltron Club releases, the black lion isn't coming until all the other lions are out.

They should have released the black lion first so you just don't have the lions just standing there. Then released both legs then released both arms. Right now it goes Arm, Leg, Arm, Leg, Main Body(also Sven as an extra figure). I'm also wondering what they're gonna do for next year's lion Force club. I really hope they don't pull stupid poo poo like STEALTH VOLTRON from the terrible 3D Remake of the show. Or do vehicle voltron and release one piddly vehicle or two for every month. Because seriously vehicle voltron maybe had 4-5 vehicles that were easily recognized out of the 15 different vehicles that made the robot. The rest were abstract bullshit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm just going for the main robot and saying gently caress it, never even watched the show. Just had the figures as a kid and I want this.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Man I saw like four blue Iron Men legends and one variant Ghost Rider. I guess the packs are messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I was a HUGE Voltron fan as a kid but I don't understand the appeal of this new one at all. It doesn't look very good and the gimmicky play features are annoying. The Masterpiece Edition Voltron from a couple years ago was a LOT cooler.

Me, I picked up the Trendmasters reissue in 1998 and checked "get a Voltron" off my lifetime to-do list.