Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I hope they have a really good fake Grey Wind prop for Robb's bitchin' new head. And that Cat claws her face off before they slit her throat. God, that whole chapter was amazing the first time I read it. Dammit why are there always 300 pages of nuncle-fucker-lemoncakes in between the good scenes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
To set up the good scenes. Most all of the good scenes come in the middle of a scene that seems like it's going to be another boring one (viserys's crowning, red wedding playing as a comedy of medieval manners, Sansa's stupid snow castle turning into Only Cat, the rat king moment in ADWD, etc). Without the boring scenes these wouldn't pop out as much.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's like, sometimes you have to have stuff that sucks, so you'll know when something is cool.

/beavis

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Wait, what the hell "rat king moment" are you talking about?

I mean, I know drink a lot, both in general and while reading that turd, but I don't remember a rat king.

Was I hammered, or is this a metaphor?

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Was I hammered, or is this a metaphor?
Manderly engaging in cannibalism along with the other people at the wedding feast.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Okay.

I forgot about the stupid song so the reference made no sense.

Frey pie is the best pie.

I was going to photoshop up some fray bentos = frey pie thing but... :effort: Use your imagination. (To come up with an ending to this book series.)

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Tony Danza Claus posted:

It's like, sometimes you have to have stuff that sucks, so you'll know when something is cool.

/beavis

GRRM had to destroy the series in order to save it.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011
To go west you must go east, to get to the gold you have to swim in the poo poo...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
To cook the pizza rolls you must preheat the oven to 350.

:grrm:

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
To cook Dornish princes you must preheat the dragon to 3500 targs.

:quentyn:

(A targ's the measuring unit of heat in Westeros, naturally.)

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Tony Danza Claus posted:

:grrm:

Someone needs to edit the old GRRM smiley so that it's an acceptable height.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

Rurik posted:

To cook Dornish princes you must preheat the dragon to 3500 targs.

:quentyn:

(A targ's the measuring unit of heat in Westeros, naturally.)

How many targs of fire immunity does a Targ have? How many for a secret Targ?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
That's like asking how much horsepower a horse has.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
Edit: ^^ :argh: too slow with the horsepower analogy.

It would make sense that a normal targ would have a fire resistance equal to it's self. Just like one horse equals one horse power.

Stuff gets more complicated when secret targs come in to play. For instance, is this secret targ a full person or just a half? Does he ride on pigs or does he kiss wild pussy?

The formula for calculating this all out is quite simple. (Height + 1.5*R) / L
Where R is equal to amount of times raped before conception and L is total lemon cakes consumed.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I think mass should be a factor, not height. Obviously, the more massive you are the more fireproof your Targ should be. That way, if they are not fireproof enough, they can simply consume more honeyed dog to increase this attribute.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

smarion2 posted:

a normal targ
oxymoron

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

whowhatwhere posted:

Someone needs to edit the old GRRM smiley so that it's an acceptable weight.

prioritized for you

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Martin Van Buren posted:

prioritized for you
But such an emoticon wouldn't be an accurate representation of GRRM in the least.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

A secret targ is obviously 3/5 of a targ until the enGURMation proclamation after which they legally become full targs.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I think mass should be a factor, not height. Obviously, the more massive you are the more fireproof your Targ should be. That way, if they are not fireproof enough, they can simply consume more honeyed dog to increase this attribute.

But then how does that explain Dany's being almost completely heat/fire-proof, while Egg and a bunch of other Targs died in a fire?

Instead waifishness should be the key metric.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
This seems unfairly biased towards the Waif. :colbert:

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Mediant posted:

Having it favor undeveloped girls would be quite GRRM-like I think.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
I'm sure he's just fine with undeveloped girls.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Mediant posted:

Do you mean the ~Waifu~? Because she's got that targ blood on motherfuckin lockdown in those sultry veins.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Obviously spraying targ blood all over the Dothraki Sea means that it will become forever impervious to fire and/or a dragon breeding ground?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's not blood that Dany spreads all over the Dothraki sea... :barf:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, Targaryen secret blood isn't poo poo? Then that means GRRM wasn't even....trying to...GOD drat IT THAT ABSOLUTE FUCKER!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

whowhatwhere posted:

But then how does that explain Dany's being almost completely heat/fire-proof, while Egg and a bunch of other Targs died in a fire?

Instead waifishness should be the key metric.

Well, "waifishness" can be interpreted as an inverse relationship to mass.

Or, perhaps, my previous theorum is still applicable. After all, Dany may be extremely dense, we have no way to know.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

After all, Dany may be extremely dense, we have no way to know.
Depends on whether you mean in a molecular or in an intellectual sense.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Joramun posted:

Depends on whether you mean in a molecular or in an intellectual sense.

Because the second one, there's no maybe about it.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Because the second one, there's no maybe about it.
To be fair, I doubt anyone that got exposed to Daario~'s raw animal magnetism would do any better.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Well, "waifishness" can be interpreted as an inverse relationship to mass.

Or, perhaps, my previous theorum is still applicable. After all, Dany may be extremely dense, we have no way to know.

Actually, we can infer Dany's mass through the apparent effort Drogon makes with her on his back in comparison to various prey animals. We can thus infer that she weighs less than a dothraki courser, but more than a small child! :science: Not so useful unfortuneately...

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Factor_VIII posted:

To be fair, I doubt anyone that got exposed to Daario~'s raw animal magnetism would do any better.

It is known.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Factor_VIII posted:

Wait a loving minute. It's a stupid idea, but what if the naked women's hilts he's always rubbing are magical? At least then she wouldn't be a massive idiot, even for a teen.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

crazypeltast52 posted:

Actually, we can infer Dany's mass through the apparent effort Drogon makes with her on his back in comparison to various prey animals.
I think it is safe to assume that Dany's mass is at least GURMish. How else to explain all the poo poo that fits in her?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Rurik posted:

I think it is safe to assume that Dany's mass is at least GURMish. How else to explain all the poo poo that fits in her?

I feel like an idiot now, that's how he got the shitdick. Is he going to cast himself as Daario so we can all see the reenactment?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

crazypeltast52 posted:

Is he going to cast himself as Daario so we can all see the reenactment?
I could see him playing Victarion, personally.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

crazypeltast52 posted:

I feel like an idiot now, that's how he got the shitdick. Is he going to cast himself as Daario so we can all see the reenactment?
You think he would deliberately write a character like Daario in order to cast himself later as him in order to gently caress another character he created in a series filmed by HBO?

What kind of sick gently caress would plan something like that?!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Rurik posted:

You think he would deliberately write a character like Daario in order to cast himself later as him in order to gently caress another character he created in a series filmed by HBO?

What kind of sick gently caress would plan something like that?!

He does have a hard-on for Dany/Emilia Clarke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Urdnot Fire posted:

He does have a hard-on for Dany/Emilia Clarke.
Was Emilie Clarke known as Dany's actress before ADWD was published? If so, it explains a lot... about Daario.