Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Make of this what you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Sockser posted:

Make of this what you will

On the one hand I don't really care much for Dragonball-Z.

On the other hand, holy crap that is some really good customization.

Except for Yamucha's(sp?) hair.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I mean, to be fair, who gives a poo poo about Yamcha?

Especially in the context of DBZ.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Holy poo poo that's cool. Hercules cape is awesome.

MWMetric
Nov 7, 2000

I have a ton of old Lego that has accumulated a lot of dust over the years, it's not really dirty, but the dust is pretty caked into the pieces, so I'm looking to wash everything. I've seen people say to wash Lego in a pillow case in a washing machine, but before I do that I want to make sure I do it right and don't end up damaging anything. Is there anything special I should know? Hot/cold/warm water? Do I use any soap? Are there any pieces I shouldn't wash this way?

Thanks.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Lain posted:

I have a ton of old Lego that has accumulated a lot of dust over the years, it's not really dirty, but the dust is pretty caked into the pieces, so I'm looking to wash everything. I've seen people say to wash Lego in a pillow case in a washing machine, but before I do that I want to make sure I do it right and don't end up damaging anything. Is there anything special I should know? Hot/cold/warm water? Do I use any soap? Are there any pieces I shouldn't wash this way?

Thanks.

Don't use soap, use warm or cold water, you can throw pretty much anything in there, but I obviously wouldn't put any power-type pieces in. Make sure your pillow is tied good and tight.

Also I put it on the shortest cycle I could. YMMV, really. But seriously don't use soap.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

Lain posted:

Thanks.

Is this Lego already built into something or are the pieces all separate? What I've done in the past for both, is put them in the tub and fill it up with water, swish them around a bit and that usually takes care of all dust that's on them, especially if you leave them there for 10 min or so to soak.

Only downside is this takes a bit longer than the washing machine, but the upside of this is, if you don't want to take your sets apart (like me), it cleans them up really well and you just have to leave them there for a few hours or so to dry and you're set.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Dear goons,

Just a friendly reminder. Check. Your. Local. Craigslist.

I just got 40 sets + minifigs for $150.

The lady was really kind and stuck to selling it for her asking price (I was the first to respond at full price, apparently people lowballed her to start :psyduck: ) even though people had offered her double and more after the fact. She reminded me to keep the instructions because I "could probably sell them for much more later" :3:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

illcendiary posted:

Dear goons,

Just a friendly reminder. Check. Your. Local. Craigslist.

I just got 40 sets + minifigs for $150.

The lady was really kind and stuck to selling it for her asking price (I was the first to respond at full price, apparently people lowballed her to start :psyduck: ) even though people had offered her double and more after the fact. She reminded me to keep the instructions because I "could probably sell them for much more later" :3:

I envy you. It's virtually impossible to find deals like that on Seattle's craigslist. All the sellers seem to know what it's worth.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Pyroclastic posted:

I envy you. It's virtually impossible to find deals like that on Seattle's craigslist. All the sellers seem to know what it's worth.

At least your craigslist has Lego sellers. All that comes up when I search for Lego is people trying to offload their copies of Lego videogames that they got bundled with their consoles. I don't even get to salivate at overpriced sets. :argh:

We did have somebody who built the UCS Millennium Falcon off of Bricklink, then posted it for $800. That's more than I'm comfortable dropping on Lego in a year (let alone at once), but that's still pretty cool that somebody did that.

edit:
vvv That doesn't help; it just makes the results that much more depressing. :sigh: At least I can still see the spam from a local "store" (which is literally a guy with a Facebook page) that's trying to buy up used Star Wars Lego at basement prices.

Cockblocktopus fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 24, 2012

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

FadingChord posted:

At least your craigslist has Lego sellers. All that comes up when I search for Lego is people trying to offload their copies of Lego videogames that they got bundled with their consoles. I don't even get to salivate at overpriced sets. :argh:

You've gotta add filters to get rid of that crap. The search I have set up on my phone is "lego -xbox -ps3 -wii -psp -sony -nintendo -microsoft -gamecube -ps2 -stearns" (that last one keeps out the odd life vest). A -360 could work, too, but it could also filter out that price or a set number with it or something. It gets rid of almost all the video game crap, but some still sneaks through.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I've been far too busy to make anything especially exciting for the past week or so, but I built a pair of smaller ones during some slight down time today.

A scout raptor for the humans. Mostly built because I wanted to do something with this configuration.

Back left view. I also originally built the backpack thingy for a coelophysis one, but decided I liked it better on the raptor. ...I may post the original sometime if I actually took pictures.

The gun side.

And from the back.

I've got another one in progress, but it's going to require a bricklink order.

Also, I didn't know this forum existed until this thread got moved here.

And, for the sake of fairness, the Rulon scout raptor. It isn't really that much lighter than the original one I made, however... Built because I was screwing around with those more compact guns (with silver accents!) and wanted something to stick them on. The brain box was also a challenge...

The backside.

And a profile shot for some reason.

Also, I didn't even know this subforum existed until the Lego thread was moved here.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Detailed series 7 review at Eurobricks: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67132

I like so many of these. I think they're really upping the level of detail.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Definitely. The amount of accessories has shot through the roof as well. Really glad we have a horrifically obsessed collector like Whitefang to do all this dirty work for us with plenty of pictures, even if he gets a little too into it with all the weird descriptions of the figures.

Looks like Lego finally got the message. All but the Aztec Warrior, as far as army-building is concerned, are 4-5 per case.

There are so, so many good ones in Series 7. I want the Aztec Warrior, Rocker Girl, Nerd, Hippie, Space Mercenary, Black Knight, and a Bunny Dude. I would want the Viking Woman but I am sick to death of female minifigs that use that loving slope block instead of legs.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Ugh, I am still working on getting 5 and 6.

SLOW DOWN LEGO!!!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

djfooboo posted:

Ugh, I am still working on getting 5 and 6.

SLOW DOWN LEGO!!!

What do you still need from 6? I'm done with 6 and almost done with 5.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

mattfl posted:

What do you still need from 6? I'm done with 6 and almost done with 5.

My bad, series 5 is complete, it was series 4 that was incomplete

Series 6 pretty much all of them :/
Roman Soldier
Leprechaun
Minotaur
Sleepyhead
Highland Battler
Clockwork Robot
Mechanic
Bandit
Classic Alien
Intergalactic Girl
Surgeon
Skater Girl

Series 4
Kimono Girl
Soccer Player
Viking
Ice Skater
Surfer Girl

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

djfooboo posted:

My bad, series 5 is complete, it was series 4 that was incomplete

Series 6 pretty much all of them :/
Roman Soldier
Leprechaun
Minotaur
Sleepyhead
Highland Battler
Clockwork Robot
Mechanic
Bandit
Classic Alien
Intergalactic Girl
Surgeon
Skater Girl

Series 4
Kimono Girl
Soccer Player
Viking
Ice Skater
Surfer Girl

Here's the doubles I have from S6 that you need

Leprechaun
Skater Girl
Sleepy Head
Butcher
Roman Soldier

Got any doubles you'd want to trade?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

mattfl posted:

Got any doubles you'd want to trade?

Nearly all my doubles are packed away until I find a place to live sadly :( I only have 2x Lady Liberty and a Flamenco Dancer available.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Galaxy patrol is awesome and my love of space will force me to obtain as many as I can followed by the black knight.

I really do like the bulky armor on the minifig and the dark blue is great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

My local toy shop near me still has a box of Series 3, 4, 5 & 6 each on the counter, so I could probably pick up a few if people are desperate. I'm not sure they'll have everything left, but it's worth a look.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

My local toy shop near me still has a box of Series 3, 4, 5 & 6 each on the counter, so I could probably pick up a few if people are desperate. I'm not sure they'll have everything left, but it's worth a look.

Oh man, totally interested in 3 and 4 as I have none of them. I think 3 and 4 are the ones you can tell by the dot codes/upc codes can't you? I've got money in my paypal I can transfer right now for some.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Well, I wasn't planning on standing there fishing for complete sets, just if people wanted one or two to complete their collections. Be reasonable. :shobon:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Well, I wasn't planning on standing there fishing for complete sets, just if people wanted one or two to complete their collections. Be reasonable. :shobon:

How much are they per pack?

Do you think they've been picked through much? I'd take like 10+ packs of series 3 if they aren't outrageously priced. There's more figs in S3 that I'd care to have doubles of than there are in S4.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

This came up on my local craigslist after checking it as per the instructions in this thread. How much do you guys think this is worth?

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

I've got a local toy shop that has series 2 4 5 6. I've really been meaning to go get some more Spartans but I've been way too lazy to actually drive down there since I'm only marginally interested in collecting more of them, I care more about having the complete set.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

RodShaft posted:

This came up on my local craigslist after checking it as per the instructions in this thread. How much do you guys think this is worth?

Realistically, I would say about $100. If the seller is clueless then they could probably be had for $50, but if the seller is really anal then it could be as much as $200 or more. I don't think I would offer more than $100 though, without getting a more detailed look.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hello LEGO thread, welcome to DIY. I've occasionally posted in previous iterations while you were the GBS wasteland but I hate venturing out of my little spergy bubble here.

That said, let me post my collection.

Best room decoration ever.

Boxes from some sets yet to be built.

AT-AT chillin in the closet, making sure those lovely WW2 and Korean era jet models don't start acting like they own the place.

Old X-Wing keeping old magazines in line.

Primary parts bin. So many memories :unsmith:

I started sorting it a while back. Mostly done. Or, good enough, as I like to call it.

Tractor friend reppin on the mantle and poppin a sweet wheelie.

The awesome bulldozer kit keeping things under control in the basement.

New-ish X-wing, Y-wing, and B-Wing. I am not a fan of the display stand for the B-wing, but whatever I guess.

First run Republic cruiser thing, Obi-Wan's jedi starfighter, and the Tantive IV.

I love the Republic ship, so swooshable with that hanger bracket built into the spine of the ship. Tantive is cool looking, but not nearly as easy/fun to play around with.

An extremely dusty Nazi Flying Wing. This shelf will be for all the Indy stuff I have.

Aaannnd a bin of miscelaneous kits that I haven't set out yet because I am lazy as hell.

TIE fighter, interceptor, and Advanced; old rear end Slave 1, Naboo fighter, some more Indy sets, and some exoforce stuff. More buried in there that I can't remember. All the flavour minifigs that go with the sets above are in there too, plus more.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

The_Doctor posted:

You currently in the UK? (cant tell from your profile.)
I'm missing the graduate and the boombox girl, the stores ran out of serie 5 in a week or so while the others always stayed for months, if you would be willing to ship to germany (Envelope is cheap, right?). I can paypal, get you something from amazon wishlist, or if you need any figures see if I have them double.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ika posted:

You currently in the UK? (cant tell from your profile.)
I'm missing the graduate and the boombox girl, the stores ran out of serie 5 in a week or so while the others always stayed for months, if you would be willing to ship to germany (Envelope is cheap, right?). I can paypal, get you something from amazon wishlist, or if you need any figures see if I have them double.

Yeah, I'm in the UK. They're £1.99 each (2.40 Euros I think?), I'll have a look tomorrow for you. :)

mattfl posted:

How much are they per pack?

Do you think they've been picked through much?

No idea, man.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Nice, thanks.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I have a booombox lady figure if you want it, it's the only packet I've ever bought and I was hoping to get something cool like that royal guard. Sadly not!

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 24, 2012

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Slung Blade, you make tractors, build houses, bake pies, AND play with Lego?

Marry me :allears:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I'm in the UK. They're £1.99 each (2.40 Euros I think?), I'll have a look tomorrow for you. :)

I guess I should've asked you first where you're at. It's ok, shipping would be a PITA.

eclipse
Mar 12, 2003

It's gone rather dark all of a sudden...

mattfl posted:

I guess I should've asked you first where you're at. It's ok, shipping would be a PITA.

Shipping to the US isn't actually too horrendous from the UK. For a small packet (which this would class as) it'd only be £1.49

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Captain Invictus posted:

There are so, so many good ones in Series 7. I want the Aztec Warrior, Rocker Girl, Nerd, Hippie, Space Mercenary, Black Knight, and a Bunny Dude. I would want the Viking Woman but I am sick to death of female minifigs that use that loving slope block instead of legs.

Came here to post this. Here's the Flickr gallery
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27823283@N08/sets/72157629655024691/with/7010243653/

That space marine is one of the best things Lego has ever made. Reversible head, printed shirt under the armor, he has the classic space logo on the shoulder of his armor
e:

And I'm sick of the skirt slope too. For all the mileage they get out of it, you'd think they would make something that the torso actually stayed on when you touched it.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

eclipse posted:

Shipping to the US isn't actually too horrendous from the UK. For a small packet (which this would class as) it'd only be £1.49

Well, if your game to pickup some of the series 3 let me know.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mattfl posted:

Well, if your game to pickup some of the series 3 let me know.

Sure, I'll take a peek tomorrow, see how many they've got and let you know.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Sure, I'll take a peek tomorrow, see how many they've got and let you know.

Awesome! Thanks man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Saint Sputnik posted:

And I'm sick of the skirt slope too. For all the mileage they get out of it, you'd think they would make something that the torso actually stayed on when you touched it.

The skirt slope drives me nuts because it makes every woman wearing it taller than all the other minifigs. Would it have been so hard to use a slope that was the same height as legs?