Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Trico posted:

You are never too old to play adorably with kittens.

Yeah but there's a point where playing with kittens as your dominant form of recreation stops being cute and starts getting you tested for special classes....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Those classes have sandboxes though.

So win-win.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Be sure to tune in for our next exciting episode of CITRUS SHOWDOWN! In one corner, the pommelo; in the other, the little-known but feisty limequat!
Dornish blood oranges would just massacre all other contestants with their hands tied behind their back.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Definitely better than Myrish Swamp berries

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Those classes have sandboxes though.

So win-win.

Kittens come with sandboxes!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

My girlfriend yells at me if I put dinosaurs in that one though.

And they keep making GBS threads on my castles.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Well since Kylaer isn't here, I'll fill in for him on the daily dose of pet-hate:

You are all stunted manchildren for playing with that gross vermin you call cats. I hope cars kill them all someday.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

And they keep making GBS threads on my castles.
They're just roleplaying Dany.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

IRQ posted:

Did it look like this?
I'm afraid not. I'm too lazy to bake cakes, so I just bought one from the supermarket.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

So, what sleeps at the foot of your bed, purring softly and showing affection?

Your loneliness and sense of impending mortality? Because my kitties are really cute.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Yeah, I have a feeling that Arya is going to be a Walt situation. On LOST, it was like they forgot that kids grew up and had all this plot stuff going on with their one child actor and then realized they had to write him off because he went from this:

To this:

In like three years.

Walt? Magic? Naw, he just gets off the island with his dad or whatever.

Arya? Plucky? Naw, she just...dies?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

So, what sleeps at the foot of your bed, purring softly and showing affection?
Just a modest harem of Dornish sex slaves.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hahahaha Walt.

LOST was generally really good at covering up production problems loving with their plans because everything was already so vague and confusing. Walt was one of the more obvious ones though. WALT IS SUPER IMPORTANT AND PSYCHIC OR SOMETHING.....uhhhhh...poo poo. Everyone forget about Walt! The only interesting thing that ever came out of it was when he confronts Hurley over why none of them ever came to visit him when they got back. (just in case).

I think GOT could get away with a little bit of implied time passage between seasons that the books don't do if they pick their stopping points carefully. I have absolutely no rational basis for thinking this and I'm probably wrong.

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere
Maybe they'll do the time skip and then everything after SoS won't be terrible!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Trico posted:

Maybe they'll do the time skip and then everything after SoS won't be terrible!

Maybe they'll pull a :lost: season 5 where they realize all the cool stuff people want to see is in an implied backstory, then a wizards spell sends them to live in that implied backstory and everything is much much better.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Wow that Meathouse Man story sure is.. :gonk:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think GOT could get away with a little bit of implied time passage between seasons that the books don't do if they pick their stopping points carefully.
Kristian Nairn carrying a fully grown Isaac Hempstead-Wright around on his back is going to look real awkward soon, though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
There was a guy in the TV thread playing apologist for pear shaped man/incest is best/whatever else you're clawing your face over today because "Oh no the stories did what they're supposed to do, creep you out! BIG WHOOP"

I didn't want to start a thing at the time but goddammit. Stuff like The Thing and Werner Herzog docs "creep me out". Stuff like those stories and human centipede creep me out and also make me wonder about the author. Like okay maybe there's a chance he's just trying to make disturbing stories or troll his fanbase or something....but who in their right mind would do that at the cost of being forever put on pedo-incest watch?

Joramun posted:

Kristian Nairn carrying a fully grown Isaac Hempstead-Wright around on his back is going to look real awkward soon, though.

Thanks for having me google the name because now I know Hodor is a DJ and that loving slays me. :lol:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

Well since Kylaer isn't here, I'll fill in for him on the daily dose of pet-hate:

You are all stunted manchildren for playing with that gross vermin you call cats. I hope cars kill them all someday.

Suck every dick, cats own.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

thornghost posted:

On LOST, it was like they forgot that kids grew up and had all this plot stuff going on with their one child actor and then realized they had to write him off ...

Not the only solution. MAD MEN is on their third actor playing Don Draper's elder son. His daughter is such a kickass actress (and is in an age group that doesn't change as quickly) they aren't worrying about it.

joramun posted:

Just a modest harem of Dornish sex slaves.
If they're modest, they're doing it wrong. I now have a disturbing image of a cuddle of Dornishwomen all wrapped up in flannel.

Furthermore, my cat can take your blood orange. What he'd do with it, I have no idea.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Maybe it's just because I had a loooooooooong run of watching young and the restless but I am totally not bothered by actor/actress changes. Didn't know that Mad Men did it though. Good for them.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Werner Herzog gets an exception because he got shot in LA during an interview and kept doing the interview. Also he's got some p. good documentaries.

Also it won't be that jarring to have Tommen as a teenager in the show because he's had an inbred lovely coddled upbringing just like joffrey, so an infatuation with kittens and undeveloped sexuality when he clearly looks 16 or whatever won't be that out of place.

And if this show leaves out Ser Pounce there will be a goddamn riot.

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 13, 2012

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If they're modest, they're doing it wrong. I now have a disturbing image of a cuddle of Dornishwomen all wrapped up in flannel.
That would not be inaccurate.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The one good thing of writing Walt out is that we didn't have to hear Michael yell WALT every recap anymore.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Bhaal posted:

And if this show leaves out Ser Pounce there will be a goddamn riot.
Even more so if they leave out Balerion (the cat, not the dragon).

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I wish there were something I cared about enough to riot over. I might go so far as to cosign a really strong letter requesting an end to whoresposition.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I wish there were something I cared about enough to riot over. I might go so far as to cosign a really strong letter requesting an end to whoresposition.

The amount that you care can be multiplied by the obscurity and uselessness of the actual character, due to the relative lack of scenes that you would have to riot over. For example you could declare your undying fandom for one of the specifically named wall climbers that Jon comes back from the Northlands with. All you have to do is demand they show X in that scene (and if needed, that they include that specific scene) or you WILL FLIP THE FUUUUCK OOOOOOOUT :mad:

This way your dedication can be focussed, admired for it's disturbing specificity, and is still easy to keep track of.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Sorry fartbitches. The only people that care about ser pounce were the guys who made Dragon Age 2 and maybe like 4 goons.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Contra Calculus posted:

4 goons.

dibs #1

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ser Pounce ain't poo poo.

Aegon's kitten/the old tom is where it's at.

Tarcatyen supremacy.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Intel&Sebastian posted:

dibs #1

You will have to settle for #2. IRQ has been loving around here since 2001.

Speaking of which IRQ, what were the ASOIAF threads of old like? :allears:
Slightly optimistic? Excited? Discussing how much they love the characters?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

Probably much like the threads for the show are today.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Urdnot Fire posted:

Probably much like the threads for the show are today.

Full of spoilers though.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Chunky12345 posted:

The one good thing of writing Walt out is that we didn't have to hear Michael yell WALT every recap anymore.

WAAAAAAAALT

I just want
my son
BACK.

WA-HA-HAAAALT!

What really hosed Lost was deciding the first season was only going to be a month of time and the second would be immediately contiguous. Walt growing up wouldn't have been a problem if they were just not-retarded about it. But "if they were just not-retarded" came to be a defining feature of Lost by the end.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
You nerds and your watching TV shows and poo poo.

Speaking of Lost, is that a good TV show. I know good old uncle gurm loves it so much that he blogged how much he hated the ending (and completely ignored how much his book endings have sucked as of late).

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lost had like 3 good seasons. But then it kept going. And the end was seriously horrible.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Season 5 is some of the best TV ever. Seasons 1 and 2 are really good. The rest other than 3 are alright. But I was totally into season 3 when it was on air but I'm a total LOST rube. I don't even mind the last season.

If you have the balls, never watch the last episode. Like ever.

The show is especially good at fake-science mysteries, decent acting, and creating great cliffhangers. Just know that whenever they actually explain something it more often than not makes things worse than when you were caught up in wondering what the gently caress.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Contra Calculus posted:

I know good old uncle gurm loves it so much that he blogged how much he hated the ending (and completely ignored how much his book endings have sucked as of late).
I take it you just stopped reading before the Kevan chapter then, because it was awesome.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Contra Calculus posted:

I bought archives so I could read the old bad threads and I'm going through the proto-bad thread now. GRRM is expected to write things, Dany is expected to do things, people are still making GBS threads themselves over the reveal that the prince of Dorne isn't quite a senile old man. All in all it is a lot like the tviv thread, but the optimism has been tempered slightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The show is especially good at fake-science mysteries, decent acting, and creating great cliffhangers. Just know that whenever they actually explain something it more often than not makes things worse than when you were caught up in wondering what the gently caress.

Yeah, they either totally fail to explain something or they explain it so thoroughly it becomes idiotic and you hate yourself. Like Jacob and the Smoke Monster! I don't know what the gently caress they were thinking.