Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Torael_7 posted:

Key to it will be who actually holds the licensing rights for Firefly, I think.

My guess is it'll be some complicated poo poo fit been Fox and Universal. There might also have to be a distinction as to whether it's Firefly or Serenity merchandise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Lizard Combatant posted:

My guess is it'll be some complicated poo poo fit been Fox and Universal. There might also have to be a distinction as to whether it's Firefly or Serenity merchandise.

Since this is just the ship and the crew, it's Universal and it'd be Serenity merch. Margaret Weis Productions got the rights to do a Serenity RPG a while back, and they could basically use anything from the movie. If they wanted to refer to anything from the show, they either had to be vague or get clever.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

LordEvilElmo posted:

Maybe a little late in responding, but I have some monorail track I'd happily part with. Its incomplete due to being in my parents basement, but it would work well for an extension!

An even later reply! If I had any money, I would totally buy them off you :(

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Shuppiluliumas posted:

The Serenity cuusoo project got its 10,000 votes. Fingers crossed, I guess.
It's odd that they allow projects where the person goes "this is not for the model in the photos".

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

smackfu posted:

It's odd that they allow projects where the person goes "this is not for the model in the photos".

I assumed lego would redesign whatever was submitted anyway? It's more of a concept proposal.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

smackfu posted:

Id totally pay UCS prices for a huge gently caress off Serenity.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Fooley posted:

Id totally pay UCS prices for a huge gently caress off Serenity.

You and me both. The ship design lends itself perfectly to lego.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
How good is Lego's replacement parts service? I'm putting together the Pet Shop, and I've found I'm missing a sand blue 2x1 brick with a notch. I've ordered one now, but I'm just questioning the turn around on it. How quick will it arrive?

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

How good is Lego's replacement parts service? I'm putting together the Pet Shop, and I've found I'm missing a sand blue 2x1 brick with a notch. I've ordered one now, but I'm just questioning the turn around on it. How quick will it arrive?

The one time I ever used it was for a misprinted mini-fig body piece. I got the replacement within about a week of submitting the request.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

I assumed lego would redesign whatever was submitted anyway? It's more of a concept proposal.
True, but they ask questions like "how much would you pay for this set?" when you vote for stuff, and saying something like "the real one will be minifig scale" screws that up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

tinabeatr posted:

The one time I ever used it was for a misprinted mini-fig body piece. I got the replacement within about a week of submitting the request.

Awesome, the top floor of my pet shop looks like Katrina just passed through and I want to finish it. :)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

RodShaft posted:

drat you, Series 7. I didn't even want any of you at first glance, by I saw that virgin box at Toys R Us, I just had to have you.

I just wanted a Space Marine, a Black Knight, and a Bunny Guy. Somehow I ended up with 3 King Tritons, an Aztec Warrior, and a Red Riding Hood. What the gently caress.

Looks like someone didn't spend enough time feeling bags up. :smug:

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Looks like someone didn't spend enough time feeling bags up. :smug:
I just spent an hour feeling up bags. Didn't help that I found two different bump code cheat sheets that didn't exactly match up. I was hoping I could find a space marine guy or two... None of the bags I looked at had a code that matched either cheat sheet. I will find out how well I did when I get home.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Pagan posted:

I just spent an hour feeling up bags. Didn't help that I found two different bump code cheat sheets that didn't exactly match up. I was hoping I could find a space marine guy or two... None of the bags I looked at had a code that matched either cheat sheet. I will find out how well I did when I get home.

I don't know how you can miss a Space Patrol, their shoulder pads are uniquely bulge-y.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Faerunner posted:

I don't know how you can miss a Space Patrol, their shoulder pads are uniquely bulge-y.

Yes, but so is red riding hood :( And I didn't want to end up with three of her.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pagan posted:

Yes, but so is red riding hood :( And I didn't want to end up with three of her.

The best way to determine if its Red Riding Hood is her basket is squishy. You can squeeze the handles together. Nothing in the Galaxy Patrol bag squeezes. Also Red Riding Hood has the child legs, so look for moving legs.

The way I've found to best feel for the GP is once you find the armor, which is huge. Check the back for what feels like two twin pipes coming down. Next, check the opposite end for a U shaped area, with a hole in the center just large enough for the neck.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 7, 2012

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

^^
Beaten on Red Riding Hood's tells.
For Black Knight I felt for the shape of the kite shield.
Bunny Guy, feel for a cone, that will be the carrot.
Someone had gotten all the space marines out of the box. :smith:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The_Doctor posted:

Mine took about 3 weeks to get here. I'm in Canada though, it's probably faster in the U.S.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Well, next time I'm at a store, I'll do more feeling for the one minifig I want the most out of the new series.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
What the heck is this mystery order?

:iiam:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Last time I was missing pieces they arrived inside a week.

First time I tried to get S7 I had galaxy patrol figures with the helmet in the shoulders which made me think they were aztecs. The second time I just checked if the bag had some big piece in it and then checked for the gun and the spear, both are easy to figure out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cbouncerrun posted:

Mine took about 3 weeks to get here. I'm in Canada though, it's probably faster in the U.S.

And hopefully even faster to the UK!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Pagan posted:

Well, next time I'm at a store, I'll do more feeling for the one minifig I want the most out of the new series.

I got lucky at the Lego store in downtown Chicago, no one had gone through and raided specific pieces or they had just reloaded the bins. I have to say this was probably the easiest set so far to feel for. I went 11/11 searching for the ones I wanted (so, so sad...) and just couldn't find a bunny. The space marine has the helmet and the bulgy chestpiece. The only two other bulgy packages are the poseidon (his crown gives him away) and the aztec (his helmet has huge ridges and the round shield).

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?

Mr. Glass posted:

What the heck is this mystery order?

:iiam:

I had the same thing in my account. I think maybe the VIP card they send out if you sign up on the site instead of in-store? I remember the timing sort of lining up.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

sybir posted:

I had the same thing in my account. I think maybe the VIP card they send out if you sign up on the site instead of in-store? I remember the timing sort of lining up.

Oh, that would make sense I guess.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Previously I'd left stuff like the modulars and other big models off Brick Badger because people tend to buy them from the Lego Shop. However I've been informed that for people in a lot of countries (Hi Australia!) shipping this stuff in from European Amazons is pretty much the only way to get them without paying massively inflated prices. So I added them and it's worth noting both the Pet Store and Grand Emporium are both around 20% off (also The Tower Bridge) at the Spanish Amazon at the moment.

If anyone is keeping an eye on checking just this stuff then the themes are "Town" and "Large Scale Models" on the Raw site so you might want to bookmark http://brickbadger.com/raw/ES/TLSTTW and possibly the other regions (Italy currently has some good discounts as well). I don't really know much about how it all works with regards to shipping, but I have read that people tend to pad out their orders or order multiples at once (possibly joint orders) to save on shipping overall.

Anyway, hope it's of use to someone because I've seen Australian prices :aaa: and I will never complain again.

Edit: Also, Lego Serenity gets the thumbs down. Not really suprising, same reason as the Winchester. They made the decision quick before it even got to the licensing stage. I still maintain you can just by that new Quinjet and you're pretty much half way there anyway.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 8, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Gravy Jones posted:

Anyway, hope it's of use to someone because I've seen Australian prices :aaa: and I will never complain again.

We deserve your pity.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

sybir posted:

Oddly, it's mailed directly from Malta.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Is there a way to make your site generate a table with the prices of the discounted sets in each of the non US amazons?
So basicly
XX.XX, YY.YY, ZZ.ZZ, etc | 8110 | ....
maybe with the cheapest price highlighted

And perhaps include the discount in the current breakdown by theme (rawview), similar to how the discounts are displayed in the discounted list.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

My girlfriend got a new, significantly higher paying job yesterday so to celebrate she bought herself the UCS R2-D2. It's sitting in my room right now. Taunting...starring.....

Edit: and she used my VIP card which put me at 606 points...jesus christ.

Ira Glass Jaw fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 8, 2012

Testro
May 2, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

If anyone is keeping an eye on checking just this stuff then the themes are "Town" and "Large Scale Models" on the Raw site so you might want to bookmark http://brickbadger.com/raw/ES/TLSTTW and possibly the other regions (Italy currently has some good discounts as well). I don't really know much about how it all works with regards to shipping, but I have read that people tend to pad out their orders or order multiples at once (possibly joint orders) to save on shipping overall.

This is awesome; thank you.

For what it's worth, I'm in the UK and I've ordered a few things from France and Italy and even though I've had to pay for express shipping, with various promotions / money off, I've come out a winner compared to the UK pricing.

I now look at France, Italy and Spain in addition to Amazon.co.uk when I'm ordering - it's definitely worth a glance.

I managed to get along to the Lego Show yesterday and it was really well done; a massive upgrade in space from last year's show.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ika posted:

Is there a way to make your site generate a table with the prices of the discounted sets in each of the non US amazons?
So basicly XX.XX, YY.YY, ZZ.ZZ, etc | 8110 | ....

I'll try and figure something out. I'm in a tinkering mood at the moment.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When I went to the Lego store on Friday, one of the workers helped me feel bags for the space marine I wanted, then even opened a new box for me when we went through what was out. :unsmith: (I also got a bagpiper and punk girl since they mentioned those.)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

When I went to the Lego store on Friday, one of the workers helped me feel bags for the space marine I wanted, then even opened a new box for me when we went through what was out. :unsmith: (I also got a bagpiper and punk girl since they mentioned those.)

The bagpiper is probably the most well-done figure I've seen in a long time. The attention to detail of the plaid everywhere, even on his little socks, is really remarkable, as well as the fact that he's got tighty-whities on under the kilt. I realize a Scotsman playing a bagpipes isn't exactly Cool Toy of the Year but drat if this guy didn't impress me.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ika posted:

Is there a way to...
The first iteration of the Brick Badger Uber grid is now live. You can turn it on with switch 5: http://brickbadger.com/raw/----X/

If you have a theme filter on it still applies: http://brickbadger.com/raw/----X/TACTPQ for Alien Conquest and Pharoah's Quest as an example (turn on the LORQ instructions for a full list of theme codes).

Prices are preceded by a '<' if the item is currently discounted, and '=' if it's at the list price and a 'x' if brick badger is currently not listing the price for some reason (either the current price exceeds the list price or it's not eligible for super saver shipping/prime). If there's an 'x' the item may still be available, but it's probably not discounted and you'll have to follow the link to see the price.

If the order seems a bit arbitrary it's sorted by theme, then year descending then brick count descending.

I might add some stuff to it, even some *gasp* formatting at some point. I'm also going to add another switch that will highlight the cheapest europrice in some way, but not today.

p.s. http://brickbadger.com/raw/---XX

Edit: This also highlighted a couple of database issues that I'll try and get sorted out :argh: It's mostly because of the stupid Amazon api which only gives you very limited information.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 9, 2012

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Haven't found a single S7 minifig in all of Pittsburgh. I don't even want any of the cool ones, I just want the computer dude to put on my desk at work.

And also either a pajama guy or a mechanic so I can put their head on the computer guy so it looks like me :3:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Sockser posted:

Haven't found a single S7 minifig in all of Pittsburgh. I don't even want any of the cool ones, I just want the computer dude to put on my desk at work.

And also either a pajama guy or a mechanic so I can put their head on the computer guy so it looks like me :3:

Toys R Us in Ross Township has had boxes of S7 out regularly, it's right in front of the mall and easy to get to on McKnight.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Aw man, then I gotta drive all the way up to Ross Park

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Sockser posted:

Aw man, then I gotta drive all the way up to Ross Park

I'd offer to grab you whatever you need but I live in Perry South, which is almost that far out of the way for most of the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Sockser posted:

Sometimes those stupid yuppie toy stores in Shadyside have minifigs, so they might be worth a look. I'm assuming you already checked at Target?