Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Abbeh posted:

Love those ears :3:

Arthur's asking for a beating.

Zoso's expression when he thinks my husband is never coming out of Lowe's.

(if you want to add me, I'm there under "donrufie")
jesus that cat back there is in KILL MODE.
And I LOVE this, this is a -really- pretty shot!!

*yawn* Diaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
In honour of my boy Pippins 7th birthday today. Here he is when he was only a 3 months old.

These days he can't quite fit in your hand.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Copper (big) and Socs (small) getting ready for bed.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
This dog picture is responsible for 3 playoff hockey wins (stupid sports superstition) I better not wear it out

crait
Apr 29, 2012

by angerbot
My chickens are amazing.

Maeume
Apr 20, 2012
Saffron (Saffy for short) will eat anything, including a Popsicle on a hot day :)

I also have 5 rats, the boyfriend also has a kitty, Saint (shown here:)

and we also have two Quaker Parrots :

I think that's 9 all together? And that doesn't include all of the animals in our actual house, that's just how many the boyfriend and I have collected.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Trying to tong Krauser.

And our rat, Pris.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Maeume posted:

I also have 5 rats, the boyfriend also has a kitty, Saint (shown here:)

What beautiful eyes!

Here's Ripley, who always sits with one paw stretched waaaay out.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
So, we had adopted Baron little over a year ago now, (4/16/11) and he's filled out great, and really is one of the family. Nowadays, he can be seen at the dog park,

sitting in the sun,

requesting a belly rub,

or, simply, wanting a Dorito.

Aussie Dingbat
Apr 21, 2012

Dingbat from Down Under
This is Spud.

We've had her for nearly eight years now, having picked her and another (older) dog up from RSPCA, the other dog mothered her when she was a puppy and they had a very close bond, unfortunatley she died about 3 years ago.

She loves to go riding in the car, watching all the cars go by, although it may just be the excitement she has from equating riding in the car to going for a run at the dog beach or around the river.

When she's not out running around the backyard chasing birds, kangaroos and other native wildlife, you'll most likely find her inside chillaxing on the couch.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Less than one minute after putting together a new coffee table, my cat decided to make it his own :3:

Aussie Dingbat
Apr 21, 2012

Dingbat from Down Under

BBW FEVER posted:

Less than one minute after putting together a new coffee table, my cat decided to make it his own :3:

Don't you just love how cats like to rub it in your face that everything in the house is their's and that it's only by their good graces that they allow you to continue cohabiting with them.

Also, whilst we're talking about cats, this is Meeka:

We took her off the hands of one of my Dad's former workmates, who was moving and wasn't able to take her with him.

She likes to roam around the house during the night, and likes to lounge around the house during the day. With her preferred resting place being in a bag or on top of a chair.

Whenever she isn't resting she'll make a point to follow you around, making it quite clear that it would be a suitable time to feed her now.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sophia is a very pretty princess.

I'm sorry none of your cats are as pretty as her. :(

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Aussie Dingbat posted:

Don't you just love how cats like to rub it in your face that everything in the house is their's and that it's only by their good graces that they allow you to continue cohabiting with them.

Haha yeah. This picture was literally taken after I finished putting the table together. I stood up and turned around to face the table and he had ninja'd up there and laid down already.

The spray bottle has put a stop to that pretty quickly!

He's such a cute cat but, unfortunately, he's pretty uncooperative when it comes to picture time. All I wanted to do was get a picture of him sitting still:

In the end, that was the closest I came.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
It took 2 years but I finally figured out what my dog is. An American Dingo/Carolina dog.

I'm stupid excited to finally solve this

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Xenomrph posted:

Sophia is a very pretty princess.

I'm sorry none of your cats are as pretty as her. :(

Is it wrong that I wish you named your cat Jonesy?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SmellsOfFriendship
May 2, 2008

Crazy has and always will be a way to discredit or otherwise demean a woman's thoughts and opinions
Oh hello are those your feet? Vincenza will eat them.

And this is new chinchilla, Cinnamon! She's relaxing after a hard day of chewing on things.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Chinchillas are so damned cute. :allears:

Do Horses count as pets? We have a bunch back home.

Just in case, here's Kareem Abdul Jakitty.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

MickRaider posted:

It took 2 years but I finally figured out what my dog is. An American Dingo/Carolina dog.

I'm stupid excited to finally solve this

Ours is supposed to be that mixed with pit. Proof photo from our engagement photos we just had taken:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

This is Sadie, we got her yesterday:

Don't let that sleepy look fool you, because on the way home:

That pet carrier didn't stand a chance.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Okay, group shot time!:

You dorks. :doh:

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Cross posting from the mutt thread with a puppy pic :3:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

This is Heffalump. He's like 11 or 12 or so; I adopted him the year I was teaching in Philadelphia. He's literally the only good thing to come of that year. Seriously the friendliest, sweetest animal I've ever known.

He also really likes sitting on things. Since my wife is a teacher and does a lot of her lesson planning at home, Heffalump gets to sit on school things a lot.

deathrat
May 25, 2010
Been browsing this thread for a while now, thought it's about time I contribute some content.

Here's one of my favorite pictures of my 2 dogs playing, Chester the Basset Hound, and Houston the Dalmatian.

Chester's about 2 and a half, and I think Houston is around 5.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
This is my stupid loving dog.

His name is Siegfried, or Dog.

Interests include:

-Lying around in compromising positions
-Making eyes at me as if he wants something then turning down whatever he's offered like an idiot
-Melting
-Having a wet loving mouth
-Looking perpetually sleepy
-Wiping his wet loving mouth all over my nice clothes when I'm about to go out
-Pestering me for a walk then getting really tired and wanting to go home after like five minutes
-Laying in the dirt then dragging several bags full of garden with him when he comes inside
-Having a smelly arsehole that projects from like eight goddamn rooms away and he's always laying in front of a fan too
-Eating his dinner then having a poo poo before going to his toy pile and squeaking the same drat rubber ball that he's never interested in otherwise EVERY loving TIME WITHOUT FAIL IN THIS ORDER
-Sitting just outside my window staring at me for god knows how long before I notice even though he could come inside at any time you creepy loving animal

I love my dog.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Here's Gucci Mane:

Such a chill guy. I just adopted him a couple days ago and he's already doing so much better. :v:

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

octopilove
Nov 13, 2010
I'm noticing a lack of hedgehogs on this thread. To remedy that, behold: Archimedes.

At 4.5 weeks:

At 5.5 weeks:

At just over 6 weeks (when we brought him home):

7-12ish weeks:

More recently (5-6ish months; he's currently about 6.5):

And, the two girls we're bringing home in a week (5 weeks old here):

Zombie (full name Zombie Apocalypse)

And, Anubis (whose tentative nickname is Newbie)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Back home on the farm, this is our old "boss" cat.

Her name is Sniffles, and, while not mean, she's the one to boss all the other cats around, though she's easily half of their mass. Old Lady cat, outdoors most of the time.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 9, 2012

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Now that I have an actual camera, here's my sister's cat who lives with us. Who knows what she is.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Took this picture of one of my dogs, Brandy, at the dog park today. She's pretty much the epitome of :downs:

Here's a terrible pic of the other one for good measure

Buddy you lousy mutt, get off my couch! :argh:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Here's a thing that I find out beside the building I live in. I can't have cats, so she's going to live with my mother out in the country, where every wandering animal winds up.

She started off hissing at me every time she saw me, and spitting when my hand got close. She's way more mellow now.

Edit: I'm also not allowed to name her since the last time I named a pet it wound up being called "Hambone".

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 10, 2012

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

I'm also not allowed to name her since the last time I named a pet it wound up being called "Hambone".

Hey! Hambone is a classy name! Just look how majestic:

(Cute kitty, btw.)

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007
My dog just passed this morning. She was 12 and she was the best!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Sunny

Sunny and Bailey

Casey

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
I just picked this little lady up from behind the dumpsters at my work place yesterday. Every time a person would go out there, she'd trot up and start talking away and nuzzling legs. I brought her over to my vet to get checked out and got all of the routine shots.

The vet said she appears to be anywhere between nine months to one year old. She's a perfectly healthy girl, except for being underweight at a little under 3 lbs, so she's getting a nice healthy diet to fatten her up. Going to get her spayed within the next couple of weeks.

After a quick bath to wash off any dumpster gunk, she made herself at home immediately. She's extremely affectionate for a stray. Day two and she's already a bona fide lap cat.

Aramek posted:

or, simply, wanting a Dorito.
This is an awesome picture.

Bushwhacked fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 17, 2012

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Bushwhacked posted:

I just picked this little lady up from behind the dumpsters at my work place yesterday. Every time a person would go out there, she'd trot up and start talking away and nuzzling legs. I brought her over to my vet to get checked out and got all of the routine shots.

The vet said she appears to be anywhere between nine months to one year old. She's a perfectly healthy girl, except for being underweight at a little under 3 lbs, so she's getting a nice healthy diet to fatten her up. Going to get her spayed within the next couple of weeks.

After a quick bath to wash off any dumpster gunk, she made herself at home immediately. She's extremely affectionate for a stray. Day two and she's already a bona fide lap cat.

Dumped cats are the most grateful cats.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Squinty posted:

So sorry for your loss. I'm sitting vigil with this amazing creature:

Roark
Dec 1, 2009

A moderate man - a violently moderate man.
My childhood dog passed away in February at the ripe old age of 12. My parents are getting two Golden Retriever puppies from a friend who's Golden just had a litter. We pick them up in early July and I am pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Squinty posted:

Sorry to hear about your loss. My family dog also passed this weekend. She was 14 and she had a good run, but it was her time. Her health has been going downhill for years and I'm surprised she didn't go sooner. Glad I got to see her one last time over Christmas.

I think making this post is the saddest I've been about it since it happened. Funny how that works.

• Locked thread