Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testro
May 2, 2009
The AFOL update to Brickbadger is awesome and just the tool I needed (well, I suspect my wallet didn't need it - but I'm happy!). Thanks for all of your work on it.

I asked a friend to pick up my polybag as I'm miles from civilisation today (bad timing) - I hope he has remembered. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Cool. Glad you liked.

I picked up two Batmen, one for me and one for my son. Someone at work may be getting another one so I'll look at passing that on/trading or something if they do. They're nice little sets for freebies. Basically like a tiny City boat... except in black with Batman. The moulded top and bottom part of the jetski are probably the best pieces. Basically anyone into neo-Blacktron stuff will want like a dozen of them. I suspect the same goes for tomorrow's sets, again some nice pieces in black.

This and the two Ninjago ones are probably the only ones I'm getting though. It's a bit of a hassle to get to a place to trade them in for me and next to impossible during the week.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just picked up 5 of them, but there were loads of empty Lego boxes behind the counter, so I might have been getting from the last box they had. :ohdear:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
WH Smith here had ran out :smith:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Funny, I found fistfuls of that Batman jetski polybag at the Fort Wayne area Toys R Us.

Also Gravy, BB is looking awesome.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Have you thought of making BrickBadger silently ignore those three cent below list price drops? Maybe just treat it as list price instead of 0% off?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Highest Lego tower record got broken again, this time with 31.6 meters.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I saw some of the new town - mining related sets in TRU, and went to lego.com to show my roommate, but they're not there. Thats...odd?

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Lego is almost always the last one out with the new sets. I don't know if it's other stores breaking streetdates or some anti-competitive rules that means Lego can't be the first out with their sets all the time.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

vrunt posted:

I'd wager by June 1st at the latest. :byobear:

But that will be too late to get a free Hulk! :argh:

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
Welp

10 seconds after taking this lovely picture, I took a step, the desk shook, and the knees gave out. The ankles held, though, which is a drat good thing, because it is really tricky to balance. Glad I used ball joints.

Ah, well. Guess the knees will have to be locked at 45 degrees.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Man, I want the LDD file for that, so bad.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I really like the blue, you did a great job.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Both WHSmiths in Birmingham city centre had run out by the time I got there :(

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

smackfu posted:

Have you thought of making BrickBadger silently ignore those three cent below list price drops? Maybe just treat it as list price instead of 0% off?

I figure it doesn't really matter all that much as most of it's shown in decreasing order of discounts, so it's still after all the actual discounts anyway. It does look dumb though (after the cosmetic front end stuff is done I want to work on the database itself and make adding stuff less time consuming, I've got a few things to do but at some point I'll revisit that stuff.

LordEvilElmo
Feb 8, 2004

The box... Says no
To any of you that want one of the Lego Batman polybags from the Sun, I have one spare as my sister brought me one too!

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

LordEvilElmo posted:

To any of you that want one of the Lego Batman polybags from the Sun, I have one spare as my sister brought me one too!

Very kind of you to offer to help someone out!

I have a spare Hippy from the Series 7 minifigs, I would happily post it to you if you were inclined to send the Batman my way?

(I am a UK Goon)

edit: my email is my username @gmail.com if you're interested :)

Fucked-Up Little Dog fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 19, 2012

LordEvilElmo
Feb 8, 2004

The box... Says no

Wowbagger2004 posted:

Very kind of you to offer to help someone out!

I have a spare Hippy from the Series 7 minifigs, I would happily post it to you if you were inclined to send the Batman my way?

(I am a UK Goon)

edit: my email is my username @gmail.com if you're interested :)

You're more than welcome to it for free sir :) I'll ping you a mail - just send me your address and I'll send it to you second class on Monday.

LordEvilElmo fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 19, 2012

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Well, after a few years of deliberating, I'm off the fence.
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from BrickArms, BrickForge and BrickWarriors.
Hope I don't regret it.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Had another good trip to the Lego store the other day, they were selling off their damaged merchandise again. Picked up a 7939 Cargo Train for $140 and nabbed the single 7936 Level Crossing they had for $16. I do love my local Lego store.

I just wish I had had the money to pick up multiple Cargo trains.
Now I think we need to start a Cuusoo for more RC train stuff. They need to bring out another set of double crossover track, additional carriages, maybe another train shed.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Digital War posted:

Lego is almost always the last one out with the new sets. I don't know if it's other stores breaking streetdates or some anti-competitive rules that means Lego can't be the first out with their sets all the time.

Usually everyone else breaks streetdates. As a part of the Lego team, we release sets when we are told to. The other stores don't care because we aren't going to stop supplying them.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I'd love both Batman sets (I'm in the states). Or at least please post the instructions for the Batmobile.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stopped by Wal-mart on the way home and they had a Wolverine Chopper Showdown so I snatched it up. These had all but dried up around here so I was really shocked to see it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Picked up a nanoblock set on the weekend and assembled it. It's uh... fiddly. The pieces are an eighth of the size of their Lego counterparts and are very slippery. They dont grip very well either, though you can do weird things like centrally stack an even numbered block on an odd numbered one due to the lack of guide holes. Still, this results in something that will fall apart at a glace, and the builds are really weak. Fun to look at, but they dont last. And god help you if a piece rolls off your desk onto a similar coloured surface.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SynthOrange posted:

Picked up a nanoblock set on the weekend and assembled it. It's uh... fiddly. The pieces are an eighth of the size of their Lego counterparts and are very slippery. They dont grip very well either, though you can do weird things like centrally stack an even numbered block on an odd numbered one due to the lack of guide holes. Still, this results in something that will fall apart at a glace, and the builds are really weak. Fun to look at, but they dont last. And god help you if a piece rolls off your desk onto a similar coloured surface.

I got given a merecat nanoblocks set and I agree completely. They also have little rebuild value and I can't see anyone having enough to build any MOCs. They kind of seem like the sort of thing you only receive as a gift from someone who knows you like Lego but wants to be infuriatingly quaint and give you something "different". Hah, how ungrateful a poo poo do I sound.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lizard Combatant posted:

They kind of seem like the sort of thing you only receive as a gift from someone who knows you like Lego but wants to be infuriatingly quaint and give you something "different".

We could make a knock off of LEGO and call it LARGO, and we'd make bank with the confused grandmother market.

I think I had the prototypical confused gift-buying grandmother that all others were based off of. Virtually every present I got from her as a child was some cheap knock-off she thought was the legit thing.

"Hey grandson, I got you a Nuhtenno games!"
"... but this is a Super Megason IV.... I wanted a Nintendo."
"That's what that is, a Nuhtenno machine."
".... thanks.... I guess."

"Hey grandson, I got you some Legos."
"These are Mega-Bloks, grandma."
"Yeah, just what you asked for, Lego-Bloks."
"No, these are Mega-Bloks, they're different."
"I'm pretty sure those are the right ones. Mega-Legos is what you asked for."

The one time this happened with my parents was when I went from grade-school to high-school. They said I could have a gift, and I could choose something more expensive than usual. I really wanted this expensive Star Wars art book (hey, shut-up, Ralph McQuarrie owns) I had been eyeing for a while. My birthday comes, I open the gift, and....... Shadows of The Empire strategy guide? My moms response was "But it's Star Wars, they're all the same thing, right?". My little 8th grade brain was confused and disappointed.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 20, 2012

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Grabbed the Batman set yesterday and felt up some series 7 bags, grabbed two I thought might be the space marine and ended up with a tennis player and a space marine, good day over all. That said I can't head out to grab the Batmobile today since it's my Grandmother's birthday, does anyone have a spare I could trade for or buy?

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

We could make a knock off of LEGO and call it LARGO, and we'd make bank with the confused grandmother market.

I think I had the prototypical confused gift-buying grandmother that all others were based off of. Virtually every present I got from her as a child was some cheap knock-off she thought was the legit thing.

"Hey grandson, I got you a Nuhtenno games!"
"... but this is a Super Megason IV.... I wanted a Nintendo."
"That's what that is, a Nuhtenno machine."
".... thanks.... I guess."

"Hey grandson, I got you some Legos."
"These are Mega-Bloks, grandma."
"Yeah, just what you asked for, Lego-Bloks."
"No, these are Mega-Bloks, they're different."
"I'm pretty sure those are the right ones. Mega-Legos is what you asked for."

The one time this happened with my parents was when I went from grade-school to high-school. They said I could have a gift, and I could choose something more expensive than usual. I really wanted this expensive Star Wars art book (hey, shut-up, Ralph McQuarrie owns) I had been eyeing for a while. My birthday comes, I open the gift, and....... Shadows of The Empire strategy guide? My moms response was "But it's Star Wars, they're all the same thing, right?". My little 8th grade brain was confused and disappointed.
I only had one kenner starwars figure when I was a kid. It was a sand-person. Thanks gran.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

SynthOrange posted:

While traveling in Asia a while ago, I saw these and got the Space Shuttle for myself and a piano for my wife. The piano matches exactly your description, but the shuttle is pretty well built and is actually playable (designed to separate the boosters and main shuttle). Granted, the launch pad will fall apart if someone touches it, but that doesn't matter as much.

Looks great on my desk at work, which is pretty much the only good use for them. At least when it is together, it actually is together and isn't like MegaBlok where you see weird gaps everywhere because the pieces are accurately molded.

EDIT: From my old post, here is the picture of it built:

Mine GO BOOM fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 20, 2012

LordEvilElmo
Feb 8, 2004

The box... Says no

Luminaflare posted:

Grabbed the Batman set yesterday and felt up some series 7 bags, grabbed two I thought might be the space marine and ended up with a tennis player and a space marine, good day over all. That said I can't head out to grab the Batmobile today since it's my Grandmother's birthday, does anyone have a spare I could trade for or buy?

I've officially got two spare, Wowbagger can have one and you can too. Let me know your email address and I will get them sent out tomorrow morning second-class.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I put together the little Batman boat last night, and whoever said it's like something out of Blacktron is telling the truth. I love the control panel in it too, and I've never seen one like it.

Edit: this piece: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3039pb48

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 20, 2012

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Really happy with the Batman sets like Gravy Jones said theres some really good black bits. Personally I love the control panel on the Bat-ski.

edit:

RodShaft posted:

I'd love both Batman sets (I'm in the states). Or at least please post the instructions for the Batmobile.
They're already online, mate:
Batmobile 30161
Bat Jetski 30160

beato fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 20, 2012

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

LordEvilElmo posted:

I've officially got two spare, Wowbagger can have one and you can too. Let me know your email address and I will get them sent out tomorrow morning second-class.

It's my username at gmail. Thanks for this, today's and yesterday's are the only ones I really want out of the available freebies.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 20, 2012

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
The Batmobile has some nice pieces as well. Slick little black wheel arches and again loads of fairly common city pieces you don't usually see in black.

Again I just got two. One for me and one for the sprout. But might have spares coming. If anyone can pick up the Ninjago Car for me tomorrow I'd trade a spare Batmobile for it if you missed out. It's a pain for me to get any of the weekday ones and a spare Ninja never hurts.

The guy in front of me in the queue today got 20.

Also had to "like" The Sun on facebook to enter a competition. I feel dirty.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 20, 2012

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
You should have kicked that 20 sets guy's arse! God knows why they let him have that many.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
re: Nanoblocks, I have the shuttle that was posted here and the Mont Saint-Michel. I like both sets a lot, although the shuttle is a little fragile I think. I can see why the lion would probably be fiddly, at least the Mont Saint-Michel is a shape that is pretty sturdy. They're definitely no Lego, but I think some of the sets make for nice little things to put on your desk, since the Lego equivalent would be much larger.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

It would be awesome if someone can pick up a spare star destroyer or two, I need a fleet to protect the SSD I ordered on the fourth.

Also picked up the discovery space shuttle on ebay and it arrived yesterday, still needa tear it down and rebuild it. Slightly larger than the new space shuttle. Its missing a few common pieces but I'm quite happy with it, considering what I paid. Never say it for sale here, I don't think anything could have stopped me from buying it otherwise.

Ika fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 20, 2012

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

If anyone would care to send this batmobile-less guy a batmobile I would eternally grateful. I have tons of stuff to trade if interested. Various mini-figs, money, tiny-vignettes, etc.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Ika posted:

It would be awesome if someone can pick up a spare star destroyer or two, I need a fleet to protect the SSD I ordered on the fourth.

Also picked up the discovery space shuttle on ebay and it arrived yesterday, still needa tear it down and rebuild it. Slightly larger than the new space shuttle. Its missing a few common pieces but I'm quite happy with it, considering what I paid. Never say it for sale here, I don't think anything could have stopped me from buying it otherwise.
Walmart and target both carry both of those Start Wars sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityRocks
Oct 28, 2006
I'm a rocker . . I'm a roller too baby!
I've got 2 spare batman sets from yesterday and just the one spare batmobile from today's sun I usually like to get a spare of each day as a present for my brother but hell he can do without this week so I'm gonna have at least 1 or 2 full sets hopefully, open to any offers you lovely goons want to throw my way as this thread and the sun are the reason im back into Lego