Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

quote:

Gorgeous 3/4 Basset Hound Pups For Sale. Mum is Basset Hound X Border Collie and Dad is a Kennel club registered Basset Hound. We have 1 boy left Lemon/White. The puppy is ready to view with Mum and Dad he has been veterinarian checked, had his 1st vaccination, he also has four weeks insurance for free, wormed up to date and microchipped and free food to take with you,No offers also we will be happy to look after your puppy for any pre-booked holidays. For any more info please ring or email me.

Mum is Basset Hound X Border Collie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

notsoape posted:

So its an energetic dog with joint problems, I don't see what the problem is.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Every day the 3/4th basset hound puppy lies in a blob on the grass watching the other border collie pups tear around the yard at Puppy Training School.

Every day the 3/4th basset hound puppy dies a little more inside. :smith:

E: On basset hounds!

Can't imagine why that is. The male is the one on the left.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 15, 2012

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Someone lied horribly to this person and he's going to just keep on believing that there is such a thing as a "Deer Park Goat" and that he's going to sell tons of them.

They're American Blackbelly Sheep :ssh:

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

That's right! Move over labs and goldens, malamutes are the new loyal American family dog. So come on college students, the elderly, families with young children and no dog experience, pick up your 50lb-120lb dream dog!! Live in an apartment with no free time whatsoever? No worries. The dog will just adapt.

lionskull
Jul 12, 2006

^^^Well you know, I would love a 50-120lb dream dog. They look just like wolves so that makes them even cooler!1 ..I really do kind of want one though. :ohdear: I only run every other day though, so no. I will stick with my lazy old GSD/Lab mix, he is fluffy enough.

Anyway, I do not allow myself on Craigslist since I got Jack. That said, here is Jack's (then "Vinny") CL posting by his previous owner:

previous owner posted posted:

I need to give away my senegal parrot named vinny with his cage. Vinny is about 6 years old. He is a baby parrot. I can not give it the love an attention he needs. He does prefer female voices. He does say a few words and loves to be around people. He picks up noises and whistle and repeats them.He has a habit of shredding his feathers. He is not bald.Just has some of his white down feathers on his belly. Vet says he has no medical problems just a bad habit.I will be glad to send a pic.Vinny is a happy bird. If he get the attention he needs he might grow them back like he does time to time. He is grey,green,orange and yellow. He love seed,apples,pasta.... I just want him to be happy. Please if anyone really loves birds he would be the perfect pet. Thanks

He was actually seven at the time of the posting. By "He is a baby parrot" I think she meant he's smaller than the macaws most picture when most people think "parrot" (because he is a different species). Otherwise she was really sweet. I thought about him for a month before I went to get him. He still shreds his feathers - it really is a habit - and screams, but he is very sweet. He loves to cuddle and hang out on the bathroom vanity and mutter "IIIIII love you" when he is sleepy. And that folks is why we don't go on CL any more. Here is Jack eating some yogurt.

Scenty
Feb 8, 2008

Awww, I love birds! Jack is adorable. Too bad my dog hates birds too much for us to get one. My dream bird is a male eclectus. I worked in a bird specialty store and they are the best!

Maybe they meant baby as in, relative to their potential life span? Or yeah just smaller than a macaw, haha.

Scenty fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 17, 2012

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

On occasion, I like to go through the Austin Craigslist postings. More often than not, it's awful.

But today I found this. A "wolf hybrid".

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Drum posted:

Aren't there no wild wolves at all in Texas? He looks a bit like a coy-dog to my untrained eye, though.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
They reintroduced the Mexican Wolf out there back in the early oughts but I don't know if any of them survived the Texas NIMBYs.

Looks coydog to me too.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
People breed and sell "wolf hybrids" all the time. I mean, some of them actually are wold hybrids, but...

joyfulgirl129
Aug 22, 2006

Christ, I wandered to the CL "pets" section to find a doggie Halloween costume, and an ad for a 5-month-old Miniature Schnauzer. Genius owner:

-Is a single guy, active duty Air Force, and is deploying in a month
-Took the dog to the vet once but hasn't had time to keep up with his shots or take him again
-Dog is not neutered
-Wants $350 as a rehoming fee to "recoup the cost of buying him at two months"

:doh: Why would you buy a puppy if you know there is a 100% chance that you're getting deployed? ARE TROOPS.

Sapphaholic
Mar 21, 2008

Delicious.

Drum posted:

On occasion, I like to go through the Austin Craigslist postings. More often than not, it's awful.

I will give this owner credit for requiring half of the "rehoming fee" be a donation to a wolf sanctuary, though. I'd imagine they're just misinformed about the dog being a wolf hybrid, rather than actively trying to pass off a whatever-breed big fluffy dog as part wolf.

I was expecting to find all sorts of horrors on my local Kijiji board for birds, but I didn't actually find anything too sad/horrific/terrible. There were a lot of listings from a breeder of unknown quality, but more importantly there were a lot of listings from some of the local rescues. :unsmith:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Unfortunately titled ads are the best ads.

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
2007 Noob. Sorry. :(
Anyone want a newborn 1 year old kitten?

Or maybe a gerbil?

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
My local Craigslist has someone looking to trade a pair of coonhound puppies for a washer and dryer, and someone else wants to trade his Samsung Galaxy Note for a ball python. Oh Alabama...

For Super, there is a pit named Ma'am. :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Aravenna posted:

For Super, there is a pit named Ma'am. :3:

Omg wanna meet dat dawg and discuss Eating Faces over mint julips :3:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Anyone want a coatimundi?

Also this dog is also available! The ad itself is pretty normal (posted by the local rescue) but... look at it.

Lab/bassett mix

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Also this dog is also available! The ad itself is pretty normal (posted by the local rescue) but... look at it.

Lab/bassett mix

It happens

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Oh man, I love that dog. It just looks so wrong from every angle.

I knew a basset mix that looked... kinda shepherd-ish, but really I have no idea what the hell. Whatever she was, she was the most majestic fuckin' dog to ever have tiny, stumpy legs. She was awesome.

Also, goddamn, Frankie's mere presence in any photo instantly makes it really surreal

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

how babby rabbit is post

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Got a couple of snakes for y'all this time:

I swear this guy has been trying to rehome this snake for months. I keep seeing it, and I remember it every time, because this is just such a weird picture to show off a snake. (Basically, now whenever I see an ad for a corn snake, I click to see if it's this one. It usually is.) There are more normal pictures, too, but why a dresser? A scary picture of a dresser?

Another trader, but this guy loves anything with a motor so much that it even makes him stop yelling!

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Pretty standard "oops babies lol want some?" post. At least until I saw the picture.

I just sold that rat (I work at Petco) last week. Literally last week. It was there because it had a respiratory infection and its owner brought it saying that the Petsmart it was bought from wouldn't take it back for whatever reason. Okay cool we treat it and then a lady comes in asking about him. He's cleared up enough to leave, but I told her, point blank, "this is a male rat, if you put it with a girl you will get babies. Lots of them." I think her eyes glazed over while I was talking to her. Anyway, oops baby Christmas rats! NOT SNAKE FOOD.

e: Being dumb, probably was pregnant rat beforehand but I know that rat caused a spaz.
Also wtf does that mean they were housing a female rat with multiple males and didn't know which was the father? :psyduck:

Hardwood Floor fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 30, 2012

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Pew! Pew! posted:

Pretty standard "oops babies lol want some?" post. At least until I saw the picture.

I just sold that rat (I work at Petco) last week. Literally last week. It was there because it had a respiratory infection and its owner brought it saying that the Petsmart it was bought from wouldn't take it back for whatever reason. Okay cool we treat it and then a lady comes in asking about him. He's cleared up enough to leave, but I told her, point blank, "this is a male rat, if you put it with a girl you will get babies. Lots of them." I think her eyes glazed over while I was talking to her. Anyway, oops baby Christmas rats! NOT SNAKE FOOD.

:raise: Rat gestation periods aren't very long, but I don't think a week is long enough for her to get knocked up and have a litter of babies. Maybe she was already pregnant, or it's just a really similar looking rat?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Serella posted:

:raise: Rat gestation periods aren't very long, but I don't think a week is long enough for her to get knocked up and have a litter of babies. Maybe she was already pregnant, or it's just a really similar looking rat?

Pic is the same rat I was spazzing in a completely different direction whoops (had same phone number). I'mmmm gonna guess was pregnant before and she attributed the litter to this male.

Idk I was too upset to think rationally when I saw it because ARE RAT.

Edited post for clarity because slow down me

Hardwood Floor fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 30, 2012

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Oh like the rabbit breed, right?

Maybe not.

:stare:

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.

What...what is going on?

zeteki
Apr 14, 2012
I know hippodawgs are old hat but I've never seen such a spherical head. Truly a magnificent specimen:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

zeteki posted:

I know hippodawgs are old hat but I've never seen such a spherical head. Truly a magnificent specimen:

Why would you breed a hippo to an OFRN. I see this so much and I don't understand why. If you love hippos so much, why would you destroy their pure, untainted hippo blood with the blood of an actual pit bull?

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

Sweet CupnCakes posted:

What...what is going on?

This made me laugh WAY too hard. Hamsters.

zeteki posted:

Penisland indeed.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Wonder Bra posted:

Penisland indeed.

Gaahhh, I didn't see it until you pointed it out. THANKS, man.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

zeteki posted:

You'd look weird too if you had 4 parents.

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
2007 Noob. Sorry. :(
He wants you to his self, he dont wanna share you.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

AnnaBanana posted:

He wants you to his self, he dont wanna share you.

That descriptor sounds like my cat, but the picture says another story. What they're describing is a cat that doesn't like other animals, but my other-animal-hating cat would never cuddle with another cat like that one is.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

I don't know, guys. Pocket pits are pretty cool, but I'm really holding out for a teacup pit.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

No. No no no no no.

Captain Foxy fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 4, 2012

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
We have two American Pitbull Terriers that are in need of loving homes! One male is Colby and Gator CKC and APBA registered and is a reverse brindle(black w brown strips). The other is 100% Camelot red nose red and white with ABDA, CKC, and APBA registered. These two dogs are like family to us, we are in a bad situation right now and are having to move and can't keep them. The brindle is named "Rocky", and the red nose is named "Diesel". Both are good with children and female dogs, neither of them are good with male dogs or cats. They will need to be the only male dogs in the household. They have been raised up with my 8 yr. son and 5 yr. daughter. Both have been inside/outside dogs. House trained, crate trained, and kennel trained(as to not to dig etc.). The brindle is 5yr and the red nose is 3yr. Both are great dogs, would be awesome guard dogs, house pets, or show dogs. We have shown both dogs and they do really well at VSBA shows. If your interested and wanting more information please contact 615-979-8631/615-512-1274 for more detail and pictures via text message. Thank you looking! Also there is a rehoming fee, dogs will come with crate(if needing), collar, food bowls and water buckets! We are also asking that whoever decides to give them a great home to keep in touch with us from time to time and send pictures. These dogs as I said before were my children's and they are heartbroken and don't understand why we can't take them with us. But due to their breed the laws are strict and we can't have this type of breed in a townhouse:( In case your wondering also what has happened, my husband lost his job and I have had cancer and we have large medical bills and due to this we can't afford the house we were in. We were living on a farm with 6 acres of land:(

I don't even know what this means! What's a "Colby and Gator CKC" and a "Camelot?" I kind of feel sorry for these folks given their current circumstances (if they're true) but at the same time the thing just feels off to me.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Amberlyn posted:

I don't even know what this means! What's a "Colby and Gator CKC" and a "Camelot?" I kind of feel sorry for these folks given their current circumstances (if they're true) but at the same time the thing just feels off to me.

Colby, Gator and Camelot are all breed lines. CKC is one of the kennel clubs that registers APBTs.

The only piece of this that feels off to me is the suggestion that they'd make good guard dogs.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah nothing looks wrong with that except "hurf guard dog." Sound like they've got a couple of decent dogs and did the dumb thing that pit bull people do when they try to rent which is "refuse to lie about the breed of dog I own." I really don't get why people say "YEP ITS A PIT, CAN I STILL RENT HERE."

Bloodlines are thrown around more casually in descriptions of APBTs than they are in most other breeds because there's so much type variation that "APBT" could mean anything in the world and you can't even begin to have any idea what kind of dog it is if you don't at least have some idea of the lines it is out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Superconsndar posted:

Bloodlines are thrown around more casually in descriptions of APBTs than they are in most other breeds because there's so much type variation that "APBT" could mean anything in the world and you can't even begin to have any idea what kind of dog it is if you don't at least have some idea of the lines it is out of.

Ok thanks for this. I really didn't get the reason for the descriptors (Colby and Gator, and then Camelot red nose) they used, and that's what felt off to me. I've just never heard this kind of thing when referring to any other breed.

• Locked thread