Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I've been hoping for more sets with that green. You have no idea how hard it was to build my Sherman in that colour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Girlfriend just called from Toys R' Us letting me know that she came across a Nanoblock USS Enterprise:

Totally having her pick that up.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Ika and youareoffthehook please let me know your address by the weekend as I'm planning on posting them all on Saturday. Cheers.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

tactical_grace posted:

Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Ika and youareoffthehook please let me know your address by the weekend as I'm planning on posting them all on Saturday. Cheers.

You're pretty awesome, thanks for being awesome :ocelot:

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

tactical_grace posted:

I never got an email from you, will you resend it or post your email address?

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

youareoffthehook posted:

I never got an email from you, will you resend it or post your email address?
Huh, I'll try sending again.
edit: alternatively my address is team awesome at gmail if my email doesn't show up.

tactical_grace fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 24, 2012

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
Anyone happen to know if the Bellevue Square Lego store as the Sopwith Camel? Thinking of heading over there tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have some Space Marines from series 7 that I would trade for a Stig.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Fledgling Gulps posted:

Anyone happen to know if the Bellevue Square Lego store as the Sopwith Camel? Thinking of heading over there tomorrow.

I'm sure if you called them, they'd let you know. They're usually pretty good about that sort of thing.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Girlfriend just called from Toys R' Us letting me know that she came across a Nanoblock USS Enterprise:

Totally having her pick that up.

I'm usually a bit of a nanoblock hater, but this looks very nice.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Just checked my VIP points balance....1076. Now that's between my girlfriend and I since we just use my card but.....goddamn.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Fledgling Gulps posted:

Yes, we do have it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm usually a bit of a nanoblock hater, but this looks very nice.

I actually returned it because up close it wasn't $150-cool. Ended up with this, which is more impressive based on the structure IMO.

580 pieces ish.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SaNChEzZ posted:

I actually returned it because up close it wasn't $150-cool. Ended up with this, which is more impressive based on the structure IMO.

580 pieces ish.

$150?! :stare: Annnnd right back to hatin'. I only accept that kind of extortion from Lego due to severe Stockholm Syndrome.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

$150?! :stare: Annnnd right back to hatin'. I only accept that kind of extortion from Lego due to severe Stockholm Syndrome.

It was a pretty marvelous piece, close to 1000 pieces, 16" long, 5" tall and 3" wide. The space shuttle was 29.99 and is about 6" tall total.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SaNChEzZ posted:

It was a pretty marvelous piece, close to 1000 pieces, 16" long, 5" tall and 3" wide. The space shuttle was 29.99 and is about 6" tall total.

The carrier does look very nice and I'd love one, but there's no way I'm spending $150 on non-Lego. I can barely justify spending that on the real deal.

Kind of feel that something like Minecraft would have been better suited to nanoblocks since their piece catalogue is much smaller and the models have more of a pixelated look.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 26, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

The carrier does look very nice and I'd love one, but there's no way I'm spending $150 on non-Lego. I can barely justify spending that on the real deal.

Kind of feel that something like Minecraft would have been better suited to nanoblocks since their piece catalogue is much smaller and the models have more of a pixelated look.

Ha yeah, I think since it's such a niche thing they can charge an arm and a leg. (see the collection of about $200 I have, spread over 7 or so miniature things)

If I were to drop some serious coin on one, it'd be this:

Something like 5000 pieces, LED lighting kit and a nice base to display it on, but it's upwards of $300.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I just can't get past how all the studs seem to be really high and skinny compared to Lego bricks, and they're almost never hidden or not on top - it makes the models look like they're covered in little teeth or something.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Ha yeah, I think since it's such a niche thing they can charge an arm and a leg. (see the collection of about $200 I have, spread over 7 or so miniature things)

If I were to drop some serious coin on one, it'd be this:

Something like 5000 pieces, LED lighting kit and a nice base to display it on, but it's upwards of $300.

This is exactly what I mean, perfect for minecraft. That'd be huge in lego.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

This is exactly what I mean, perfect for minecraft. That'd be huge in lego.

I really hate love the complexity. The rocket took 2+ hours to build and it's so mini!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Travis343 posted:

I just can't get past how all the studs seem to be really high and skinny compared to Lego bricks, and they're almost never hidden or not on top - it makes the models look like they're covered in little teeth or something.

And the teeth dont even grip that well. I've got a nanoblock horse. It's cute but will fall to bits in a stiff wind.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Travis343 posted:

Is this as bad in person? It's easy to forget how tiny these models are.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hey guys, here's a pretty solid discount on that sweet castle

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q0OQCK...ASIN=B007Q0OQCK

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

smackfu posted:

Is this as bad in person? It's easy to forget how tiny these models are.

Usually the studs that stick out super far have a 1x1 block on top to accentuate the stud, they're not that bad. It's kinda bad because the blocks are so small relative to the studs, but that's part of the appeal I guess.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Sockser posted:

Hey guys, here's a pretty solid discount on that sweet castle

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q0OQCK...ASIN=B007Q0OQCK

That's odd. That appears to be the US Amazon page, but that can't be US pricing, since the MSRP for that set is only $100.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

They're just inflating their stupid loving discounts, which is already down from when I posted the link.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Just a reminder for anyone in the UK, the Sun promotion is starting again tomorrow. We get a couple Marvel superheroes, a Zombie driver, Frodo, an Orc, a Ninjago thing and an Avengers Quinjet.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

Just a reminder for anyone in the UK, the Sun promotion is starting again tomorrow. We get a couple Marvel superheroes, a Zombie driver, Frodo, an Orc, a Ninjago thing and an Avengers Quinjet.

If anybody gets any extras I will gladly buy them off of you all, love getting my hands on those UK goodies.

On another note, Target looks to be having a little sell on some sets, got the Vampire Hearse for just under 30 bucks with tax too. Few sets are discounted $10+ for a decent deal.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

Rythe posted:

On another note, Target looks to be having a little sell on some sets, got the Vampire Hearse for just under 30 bucks with tax too. Few sets are discounted $10+ for a decent deal.

I've found great stuff from Target recently. >50 orders get free shipping. Also look for the 5 dollar off 50 coupon from retailmenot or other places. Any little bit helps.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

thebardyspoon posted:

Fffffffuuuuuuuuu... I'm in the US till Nov. 7th. :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So apparently these have shown up at Ross, for $5 a pop:

Google is providing no information about them whatsoever. Does anyone know anything about these? I'm a bit of a Terminator nut, and $5 is a pretty sweet price for apparently fully-licensed Terminator not-Legos.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Wow, even Megabloks didn't bother to get the Terminator license? Best Lock is probably the worst widely-available knockoff brand out there.

Lord Gold
Feb 22, 2005

'STACHE
WE CAN BELIEVE IN
I find it weird that Mega Blocks and Best Lock have themes that should only appeal to adults, but the builds are too simple to even be challenging for kids.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I managed to score 2 Thor from that Sun offer - bought the paper in whsmith, got the free toy. Got outside about to throw the paper away, realised the cashier didn't take the voucher so I tore it out, went back in to another cashier.

Going to try that tomorrow as well :haw:

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

I saw one of the new Chima sets posted earlier but nothing else, eurobricks has images up here.

Some of the minifigs look pretty dumb, but the sets look mostly interesting, especially the color assortment and new parts. Definitely will be picking up at least a few of these.

They also have pics of Friends, superheroes, and Star Wars that I haven't seen in here yet.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
The Sopwith Camel really is amazing, and huge. Guess I've been out of the loop longer than I realized, there were a bunch of pieces I'd never seen before.

So how long until the Spitfire?

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Tkytko posted:

I saw one of the new Chima sets posted earlier but nothing else, eurobricks has images up here.

Some of the minifigs look pretty dumb, but the sets look mostly interesting, especially the color assortment and new parts. Definitely will be picking up at least a few of these.

I'm not exactly sure what they're getting at with this theme, but I'll happily take an olive green, red and transparent red crocodile-boat.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
New A-wing is a nice design. The pilot's helmet is cool and another chance to get Admiral Ackbar is always good

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I'm not exactly sure what they're getting at with this theme, but I'll happily take an olive green, red and transparent red crocodile-boat.

1. I think they're shooting for a slightly less crazy Ninjago. Which I'm fine with, we stayed away from the truly bizarre sets.

2. Holy poo poo do I need that boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Lizard Combatant posted:

New A-wing is a nice design. The pilot's helmet is cool and another chance to get Admiral Ackbar is always good
Do you have any pics of the new set? What's the price supposed to be?