Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Joramun posted:

The bird of prey is pretty bitchin' as well:

It's like Hawkman from Buck Rodgers and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers combined their DNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think I'm going to need a wolf monster truck.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I love that falcon warrior man has a hawk face and then feels the need to put a big falcon head helmet over his hawk face. Chima looks loving crazy.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Sockser posted:

As expected, Chima owns

Rollin' in a monster truck shaped like your own face while a bird man attacks you while dual wielding a golden power axe and some kind of magic crystal :catdrugs:
This is so gloriously insane, I can't imagine the kind of person who would dislike this theme.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

And here's a render of the thing, I think I could do with messing with the aliasing settings a bit though.

edit: Apparently I disabled the AA by accident, oh well re-rendered with it now.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 30, 2012

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Looks like Brick Daddy's going to throw the smack down on the Silverhawks.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I found Mines of Moria and Weathertop on super mega sale at Meijer's. Scored both for less than Amazon. I now have the full Fellowship. Go me, or something.

I'm still trying to decide which sets I'm gonna go with for the actual Hobbit sets. I'm not really feeling Bag End, but the Goblin King set just looks to evil to pass up.

rickiep00h fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 30, 2012

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Hey, so the Galaxy Trek stuff has arrived on the LEGO store already, which is really surprising.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
A couple of weeks ago I got the DJ minifig from the latest series and started thinking about building a little band and stage diorama to go with the DJ but, luckily, Lego has already got me covered:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Luminaflare posted:

And here's a render of the thing, I think I could do with messing with the aliasing settings a bit though.

edit: Apparently I disabled the AA by accident, oh well re-rendered with it now.

Quite amazaed at what you finally came up with for this model, having seen the initial versions.

Of course Brick Daddy also needs to be represented in the interplanetary Turbo Viper racing League.

So I built him this.

Hypersled - Turbo Viper by AzMiLion, on Flickr

EDIT//

Since i recently got my streaming setup working somewhat OK ish, would anyone be interested in a LDD livestream/tutorial? I've gotten quite handy with it now and would like to help people who have issues with LDD or questions about certain things.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 1, 2012

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

I'd watch that. Always up for Lego tutorials.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Wow, that's really slick. I like it.

e:
I just checked out your other stuff, goddamn that's awesome. You make me want to build stuff like that in real life.

Taeke fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 1, 2012

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I have a UCS Millennium Falcon that's been sitting in the closet since I moved about 5 years ago. I've come to the realization that I'm not going to have space for it for quite some time and saw how much it's being listed for on bricklink. What's the best way to sell something like this? Would somebody buy something so costly from an account with no feedback on bricklink or would I be better off just using ebay? I figure right before the holidays would be as good a time as any to sell it. Any thoughts?

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
Prices are always higher on eBay, but eBay also takes their cut so don't forget to factor that in.

The upside is that you know it will sell on eBay, how long would you have to wait on Bricklink? Of course, you could list it on both and if someone buys it on BL, just end the auction early.

Tyger41
Oct 8, 2012
The Chima sets look awesome, especially the minifigs. Where can I find out when they may be coming out?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Taeke posted:

Wow, that's really slick. I like it.

e:
I just checked out your other stuff, goddamn that's awesome. You make me want to build stuff like that in real life.

Thanks!

If you want a LDD file or whatever for these things just ask, some of them are connected quite weakly(no swooshing :( ) other ones are sturdy as a brick. . . :haw:

Guzwar posted:

I'd watch that. Always up for Lego tutorials.

Coolies, I'm going to have to check when i have time. hopefully sometime within the next week or so. I'll announce it here in the thread so people that want to watch don't have to come up with questions on the fly and so that i can prepare some demo-y stuff. otherwise it'll just be me building some models while rambling on about how LDD works.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I see that the beauty parlor Friends set got the dubious honor of Worst Toy of the Year from some organization. (Meanwhile Friends has succeeded in tripling TLG's sales among girls.)

It's cool to see the new sets this year are less stereotyping -- there's a karate set and a soccer set -- but I think they could solve half their problems if they went back to including alt instructions, like, for robots.

Tyger41
Oct 8, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

I see that the beauty parlor Friends set got the dubious honor of Worst Toy of the Year from some organization. (Meanwhile Friends has succeeded in tripling TLG's sales among girls.)

It's cool to see the new sets this year are less stereotyping -- there's a karate set and a soccer set -- but I think they could solve half their problems if they went back to including alt instructions, like, for robots.

Wow this is awesome. My daughter loves LEGO, she wants the Friends sets because they are pink and purple but at the same time she want action robots, space ships, monsters and stuff. It would be amazing if they included alt instructions with the set or on the LEGO website. Especially since I am not good at making MOCs.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Tyger41 posted:

Wow this is awesome. My daughter loves LEGO, she wants the Friends sets because they are pink and purple but at the same time she want action robots, space ships, monsters and stuff. It would be amazing if they included alt instructions with the set or on the LEGO website. Especially since I am not good at making MOCs.

Yeah, my daughter loves both Friends and Ninjago, and it's awesome. For some reason she didn't find the velociraptor hiding under Olivia's Tree House very amusing, though. Kids, man. :shrug:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

AzMiLion posted:

Thanks!

If you want a LDD file or whatever for these things just ask, some of them are connected quite weakly(no swooshing :( ) other ones are sturdy as a brick. . . :haw:

Coolies, I'm going to have to check when i have time. hopefully sometime within the next week or so. I'll announce it here in the thread so people that want to watch don't have to come up with questions on the fly and so that i can prepare some demo-y stuff. otherwise it'll just be me building some models while rambling on about how LDD works.

I'll be throwing up an impromptu test-stream whilst i work on an idea i had. feel free to asks questions though. also feedback on audio levels and such will be appreciated.

Click me!

Stream over for now, i need to play with the audio levels. It's archived though if you want to see my usual creative process.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 2, 2012

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread becuase I haven't been building with my Lego lately, but I read about this latest round of whiney bullshit in the NYTimes and came here to post about it.

Man, WTF is wrong with parents these days? Whatever happened to "Free to be You and Me?" So, it's OK for a little boy to play with pink blocks, but not little girls?

George Carlin has a great rountine about how much he hates modern parenting, and it ends with this line: "You want to do your kids a favor? Leave them the gently caress alone!"

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Tyger41 posted:

Buy a Friends set and a Ninjago set. Problem solved.

Or, look online for alt builds. It should give you plenty of ideas.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I read that TOADY bullshit the other day and it really made me angry. Yes, LEGO Friends is more destructive to the minds of young girls than, say, Monster High, or Bratz, or...hell, take your pick. LEGO Friends is, at the very least, encouraging creativity, open-ended play, and having varied interests (remember the science-oriented set? Note that's not on the TOADY list).

And looking at the other items in the list - yeah, I roll my eyes a bit at all the smartphone-oriented toys out there now - it's a real cash grab at the moment - but the descriptions all reek of :supaburn: must-save-the-children nonsense. Yes, it is bad to let your children become zombies. But I think interacting with, let's be honest, the technology they're going to be using the rest of their lives in a child-friendly manner isn't all that bad. You can tell just how dedicated they are to their protectionism when they include, in their list, an app that is almost guaranteed to make your child more interested in reading. Yes, I'm sure letting your child "star" in a storybook will turn them into a narcissist.

And the Slurpee machine is just the usual Christmastime pap that comes out for clueless grandparents and college-aged aunts and uncles to buy.

I wonder if Lincoln Logs are even acceptable to the CCFC, or if it just encourages the white hegemony or some other nonsense. Hell, I'm sure a standard NERF ball is unacceptable because it has the NERF logo on it.

einTier posted:

Buy a Friends set and a Ninjago set. Problem solved.

Or, look online for alt builds. It should give you plenty of ideas.

Now you've made it into a war toy, trying to convert our :dings: into ruthless killers! Just wait until the CCFC hears about this!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

AzMiLion posted:

I'll be throwing up an impromptu test-stream whilst i work on an idea i had. feel free to asks questions though. also feedback on audio levels and such will be appreciated.

Click me!

Stream over for now, i need to play with the audio levels. It's archived though if you want to see my usual creative process.

Also, heres the thing i spent most of the stream designing and building for those who don't want to watch an hour and a half of me and Luminaflare rambling on about LEGO.

Truck-Bo Viper by AzMiLion, on Flickr

It's a space truck for getting to and from races, LF might post his version later(he built one for the Hypersled)
The actual time for the tutorial stream is going to be 21:00 GMT+1 this Wednesday, I'll try to answer any and all questions about LDD you've got, including setting up rendering and such if there is enough interest for that.

jumba
Sep 6, 2004

Hang in there!
Fun Shoe
Today my wife and I went to the local mall to check out the local "giving tree", where economically disadvantaged youths can request "1 piece of clothing & 1 toy" so that their Christmas won't quite suck so much. Among the usual requests for video games we found one from a girl that wanted Lego Friends Olivia's invention workshop, and one from a boy that wanted a Lego Lord of the Rings set.

We ended up giving the girl Olivia's invention workshop *and* Olivia's house, and the boy the Lego Mines of Moria playset.

If you can swing the funds, there's poor kids out there who'd love Lego this Christmas. I've got none of my own to give Lego to, but still had a blast buying those sets for others.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

jumba posted:

Today my wife and I went to the local mall to check out the local "giving tree", where economically disadvantaged youths can request "1 piece of clothing & 1 toy" so that their Christmas won't quite suck so much. Among the usual requests for video games we found one from a girl that wanted Lego Friends Olivia's invention workshop, and one from a boy that wanted a Lego Lord of the Rings set.

We ended up giving the girl Olivia's invention workshop *and* Olivia's house, and the boy the Lego Mines of Moria playset.

If you can swing the funds, there's poor kids out there who'd love Lego this Christmas. I've got none of my own to give Lego to, but still had a blast buying those sets for others.

drat. That girl asked for $10 Lego set and the boy was probably just hoping to get Gandalf Arrives, maybe Shelob Attacks. Instead, you hooked them the gently caress up. Good show.

We've had a good year, so we bought a $150 gift card for a family of a friend of a friend on Facebook. She was distressed that being out of a job likely means no Christmas this year for their kids. Girlfriend and I decided we'd had a good year and three kids couldn't go without toys this year. She actually called us crying just to say thank you.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So I'm building that Best Lock "Terminator" mega-set, and it's dawning on me just how much "over 1000 pieces" really is. :stare:

It does have some neat dedicated blocks though, like a jerrycan gas can piece for the Resistance technical.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

jumba posted:

I found myself doing the same thing. Kmart has 50% off toys going on so I snatched up a bunch of Legos and a few boys and girls are getting spongebob and other random sets this year for toys for tots.

I should really find where my local lending tree is so I can hook up more kids

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So this is where this thread ended up.

I stopped by my Toys R Us today and was shocked to find the Galaxy Squad stuff on the shelves. I picked up this space cicada and the big truck, they also had the big spaceship but I decided to save that for later. They also had a bunch of the Hobbit line but I didn't look at those much because they don't have any spaceships. So check your Toys R Us.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

kensei posted:

It's like Hawkman from Buck Rodgers and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers combined their DNA.

The only thing I can think of I'd that wonderful line, "Stand by my Hawkmen... DIIIIIIVE!"

I must have every one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So it seems I'm not so crazy about the Galaxy Squad stuff. They look kinda cool, but nothing is jumping out at me. And where's the big Galactic Enforcer or HQ set?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

So it seems I'm not so crazy about the Galaxy Squad stuff. They look kinda cool, but nothing is jumping out at me. And where's the big Galactic Enforcer or HQ set?

There are 4 known Galaxy Squad placeholders. Hoping one of them is a flagship or MMM-like vehicle.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

djfooboo posted:

There are 4 known Galaxy Squad placeholders. Hoping one of them is a flagship or MMM-like vehicle.
Perhaps the space bugs will have some sort of HQ or home base/planet as well, not just the exterminator squad.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joramun posted:

Perhaps the space bugs will have some sort of HQ or home base/planet as well, not just the exterminator squad.

With a brain bug!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

With a brain bug!

Frankly, I find the idea of a bug that thinks offensive.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

PriorMarcus posted:

Frankly, I find the idea of a bug that thinks offensive.

:splat:

That movie should be redone in Lego.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I bought a set with a red light-brick and the light seems really really terrible,. I can barely see it visible when I activate it. Are they usually so bad, or is there something I might've done wrong? It had a little slip in it that I pulled out, but that's all I've done to it.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

kensei posted:

:splat:

That movie should be redone in Lego.
You'd need a LOT of Lego for that, though :stare:

EDIT: vvv That's a *very* cool looking judge, I want one vvv

PrBacterio fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 3, 2012

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Series 9 minifigs have been unveiled:

Finally that Charlize Theron minifig we've always wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This might be one of the first waves where I want every figure from it.. I'm just going to grab some bags and go home happy, not sit there feeling for what I'm getting. :)