Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Geolicious posted:

I need to learn to speak cursive.

Man, I've been trying since elementary school. poo poo's rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Stoatbringer posted:

I Will Not Reayo Destruction But Life Instead.
Wise words indeed.

I did some googling and found this. Just in case you were interested in exactly what lovely cliche this person was identifying with here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYfzJSMu8rQ

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

hyperhazard posted:

What is this supposed to be? A man standing in the woods? I honestly can't tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homesick_(A_Day_to_Remember_album)

That tattoo is indicative of the quality of the band and album

Kevar has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Apr 28, 2013

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I had no idea where the inspiration for his tattoos came from. He has a bunch of poo poo tattoos so Ill have to see what other pictures he may have on Facebook.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Phthisis posted:

I always wondered what animal they made corn dogs from.

Now I know.

(from facebook)

This would be a great gag in the next aliens movie. Egg opens, flaps peel back, and instead of a chestbutster a dove flies out.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'll have some "It came from Facebook" soon hopefully. :toot:

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

While we wait how bout some 'it came from the other tattoo thread!' :toot:

Choom Gangster posted:

First half done. One more session for color, and a lifetime of explanations. The banner reads "No Bow, No How"

Done by Isaiah Toothtaker at Staring Without Caring in Tucson, Az.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

the yeti posted:

While we wait how bout some 'it came from the other tattoo thread!' :toot:

Was debating posting this here as well. It's... I don't even know. So bad. Is it ironic and I'm not getting it? Does it stand for something else because it's crooked? Actually a neo-nazi? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Murder Boner posted:

A friend commented on this on Facebook and it showed up in my feed. The dude has about 20 photos of it and is insanely proud of his sweet head raven. He said he could grow hair over it if he gets sick of it but then someone pointed out that he is balding, so...

That's gonna be great, at one point this raven that looks pissed off because someone punched it in the head will just start slowly emerging.

From Facebook. This was a spontaneous tattoo on a girl already covered in spontaneous tattoos, some really, really horribly done, some done well but with weird placement, and some that don't have line or placement issues but are just tacky as hell.

The lipstick looks hollow. I can't unsee that. It also looks like no lipstick tube ever. And you can see her other randomly placed tattoos creeping in. It always bugs me when people just stick unrelated tattoos in random space. She could have a couple of fairly awesome sleeves, or the beginning of full leg pieces, but nope, just stick it wherever.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN has a new favorite as of 16:04 on Apr 29, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
An eagle and a swastika.

Even if he has some "oh it's a Buddhist symbol" bullshit reasoning, that is a goddamn stupid tattoo idea and he deserves any rear end beatings he gets just for being that stupid.

uptown
May 16, 2009

Fabulist posted:

The lipstick looks hollow. I can't unsee that. It also looks like no lipstick tube ever. And you can see her other randomly placed tattoos creeping in. It always bugs me when people just stick unrelated tattoos in random space. She could have a couple of fairly awesome sleeves, or the beginning of full leg pieces, but nope, just stick it wherever.

Me too. I know a few people who have a bunch of random tattoos all over with no flow to them. One girl that I know has her whole forearm tattooed, but there's no real coherence and no background tying the artwork together. They're all pretty good tattoos, but it just looks silly to have a bunch of random stuff placed on her arm like that.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

hyperhazard posted:

What is this supposed to be? A man standing in the woods? I honestly can't tell.

I think it's one of those hidden object games.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Fabulist posted:

From Facebook. This was a spontaneous tattoo on a girl already covered in spontaneous tattoos, some really, really horribly done, some done well but with weird placement, and some that don't have line or placement issues but are just tacky as hell.

I admit that this would be a cute idea, but the width and flat shading of the tube compared to the lipstick make it look awful.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

An eagle and a swastika.

Even if he has some "oh it's a Buddhist symbol" bullshit reasoning, that is a goddamn stupid tattoo idea and he deserves any rear end beatings he gets just for being that stupid.

That's what's confusing to me. An eagle, a swastika and "no bow, no how"? Like, how does all of that not come across as nazi? I certainly don't notice when a swastika is turned backwards or whatever but the eagle and phrase just really pull it all together.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Toriori posted:

That's what's confusing to me. An eagle, a swastika and "no bow, no how"? Like, how does all of that not come across as nazi? I certainly don't notice when a swastika is turned backwards or whatever but the eagle and phrase just really pull it all together.

Just in case someone thinks he put all those things together by accident? The guy is clearly an actual, real-life, hates-jews-and-brown people loves-European-culture Nazi.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Shannonmcn posted:

Just in case someone thinks he put all those things together by accident? The guy is clearly an actual, real-life, hates-jews-and-brown people loves-European-culture Nazi.

Maybe when he said "a lifetime of explanation" he meant a lifetime of explaining that yes, he is a nazi.

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

Is it my fault that everybody falls in love with me?
I'm not even sure I can call this person a friend, besides the fact that we are "friends" on facebook.
Anyway, he decided to become a tattoo artist within the past few months, operating out of his kitchen:

Majestic Wolf

Winged Predator Face

..a tree? (DON'T JUDGE JUST YET, THIS PIECE ISN'T FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The Saddest Phoenix

I wish there was some sort of anonymous tattoo help hot-line that I could call to keep him from butchering people's skin and exposing his friends to infections.
He ain't got time for that apprentice bullshit!

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Death by Meteor posted:

I wish there was some sort of anonymous tattoo help hot-line that I could call to keep him from butchering people's skin and exposing his friends to infections.

Some states requires a license to tattoo, so you could potentially reach out to whatever agency does that in your area. Or, if there's no licensure in your area, and you're genuinely concerned about his sanitation, you might call the health department. They often take an interest in situations where bloodborne pathogens are being passed around.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Death by Meteor posted:

Winged Predator Face

Actually, I think that may be a poorly done Zergling.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

An eagle and a swastika.

Not only that - there's a drop of blood hanging from it and the swastika is tilted while the Buddhist symbol isn't. The only thing that I can make of this is that the swastika's orientation is actually a mistake and should be the other way (which is pretty hilarious). It's the only explaination that makes sense because everything that surrounds it is Nazi/White Power related.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Pesticide20 posted:

Regardless, I think we can all agree it's a poorly done something.

Death by Meteor posted:

The Saddest Phoenix

I was originally looking through this post thinking,"Well, it's not as bad as a lot of the kitchen wizard poo poo we see in here." Then I got to the phoenix.

"Phoenix tattoo" didn't bring up as many lovely results as I'd hoped. So here's "stupid tattoo":

Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me.

It's a badly done tattoo, regardless of your views on Star Wars.

Dead penis?
:nws: http://imgur.com/MCeUuUF

It's uncanny!

Bored has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Apr 29, 2013

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

This one is surprisingly good not horrible! The moon looks like an egg yolk though.

Either that or he's about to put on a radioactive condom.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The wiener one reminded me of one I saw quite some time ago, seemed really well done if not for the fact it was a giant neckpiece of a necklace made oiut of severed dicks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Does having tattoos like this indicate you are at the top of the ladder in the gang or the bitch who is getting forced to get ugly tattoos?

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

Is it my fault that everybody falls in love with me?

Pesticide20 posted:

I think you're correct, but that is the most goofy-eyed Zergling I have ever seen.

I understand that he is just starting, and I did some poking around and it doesn't look like Arizona has any licensing requirements, but there is a huge no-no about tattooing in your kitchen and it comes with a pretty hard slap on the wrist.
I just don't see how he is paying for any kind of service to handle the used needles when he is done.

Redfont
Feb 9, 2010

Little Mac(kerel)
My sister just got her first tattoo.

the sad part is that most of the artists look fairly good from the website, I don't know if she got stuck with someone who walked in from the street or what

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

From http://fucknobadtattoos.tumblr.com/

"This guy I used to go to school with got this done for his deceased grandfather, and then decided to add more gravestones in case any other family members die. Just, wow."

This is one of the funniest bad tattoos I've seen in a while. Who will be next to get their name etched in a whimsical handwriting font on this man's back? I'm thinking his mom might have a heart attack when she sees it.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Redfont posted:

the sad part is that most of the artists look fairly good from the website, I don't know if she got stuck with someone who walked in from the street or what

Rule of thumb with looking for a tattoo artist is that they are only as good as the worst piece in their portfolio. At least it looks like it will fairly easy to cover up because yeesh.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Redfont posted:

Is it based off of anything? Maybe it's a perfect rendition of a really lovely picture.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

HungryMedusa posted:

"This guy I used to go to school with got this done for his deceased grandfather, and then decided to add more gravestones in case any other family members die. Just, wow."

This is one of the funniest bad tattoos I've seen in a while. Who will be next to get their name etched in a whimsical handwriting font on this man's back? I'm thinking his mom might have a heart attack when she sees it.

Argh it looks like his back is erupting and peeling off in chunks.

comets!
Nov 25, 2004

BRICK DAVIS
Found some good stuff while looking for a sloth virgin mary tattoo I thought I'd seen, which I think actually turned out to be this

Never any regerts

So perfect in both concept and execution. I kind of hope this isn't really a tattoo but it looks like it. Paisley?

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Purgatory Glory posted:

Does having tattoos like this indicate you are at the top of the ladder in the gang or the bitch who is getting forced to get ugly tattoos?

Neither, gang tattoos are the wild west these days. Aside from a few symbols and placements of symbols that "belong" to big gangs basically anything goes. I've only seen a hand full of gang tattoos in real life but the highest ranking gang members I've seen had hand and neck tats. All the low ranking guys I've met had chest or back pieces that had nothing to do with the gang. This was so they could deny membership in a gang if the police stopped them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Zoidberg. JOHN loving ZOIDBERG!

Man I love that show and am thinking sneaking in the Planet Express ship in a Space Sleeve idea, but I still don't know what to think of this tattoo. I'd high five the guy who has it, but wouldn't get it myself.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

That Zoidberg Mary is awesome. And I've seen like 10 episodes of that show total.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yeah, I wouldn't call the Zoidberg Mary tattoo awful. It's well done and as silly as the idea is - it fits a tattoo language well. I'm not even a fan of the show either.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

When I first heard of Shingles (the condition), I visualized it exactly like this.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HungryMedusa posted:

The thumbnail of this on the Awful App is the poo poo of nightmares, and I was an EMT and now work in disaster management.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Neither, gang tattoos are the wild west these days. Aside from a few symbols and placements of symbols that "belong" to big gangs basically anything goes. I've only seen a hand full of gang tattoos in real life but the highest ranking gang members I've seen had hand and neck tats. All the low ranking guys I've met had chest or back pieces that had nothing to do with the gang. This was so they could deny membership in a gang if the police stopped them.

A lot of low-ranking idiots get something obvious on their arms or back. Sometimes, they realize that's a dumb thing to have, and cover it up. I've met a lot of guys in their thirties who hadn't had that realization yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
This just popped up on my Facebook feed. Critical mass of bad tattoos, holy poo poo. I apologize if it's been posted already, I didn't see it.

• Locked thread