Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I liked Jeoffry stealing his stepladder and sniggering. What a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Without the inner monologues, that was the best way to do that.

Sansa defied Joffrey, and helped Tyrion. Tyrion is on Joffrey's shitlist and tensions will rise, Sansa will eventually quit being a little girl and learn to be a player.

Unrelated:

A Tyrell will obviously end up sitting the throne, (war of the roses, the Tudor rose, super-distant cousin cousin took the throne, etc.) and every time the show adds another Tyrell/Lanister scene, it seems like the show is telegraphing this, when book readers already know the Lannister line is practically finished by ADWD and we know Tommen will die.

So who's the lucky Tyrell now that the show is pretty much confirming this in advance?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'll tell rarity on you.

Look at all these fucks I don't give. Just look at them.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

kcroy posted:

no idea how, plus i think its a bit ridic to nsfw this thread. I'll just remove it.

That the text is NWS doesn't bother me because nobody gets close enough to my screen to read what I'm reading. Floppy tits are hard to miss, though.

It was a great gif; sorry for bugging you. :smith:

Shoehead posted:

I liked Jeoffry stealing his stepladder and sniggering. What a poo poo.

That was pretty awesome.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Unrelated:

A Tyrell will obviously end up sitting the throne, (war of the roses, the Tudor rose, super-distant cousin cousin took the throne, etc.) and every time the show adds another Tyrell/Lanister scene, it seems like the show is telegraphing this, when book readers already know the Lannister line is practically finished by ADWD and we know Tommen will die.

So who's the lucky Tyrell now that the show is pretty much confirming this in advance?

"Inspired" by the War of the Roses does not mean they will end the same.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Rarity, I like how your poll is practically a spoiler with no one knowing. Happy fun time killing spree indeed.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Combine the most-voted joke choice and the most-voted serious choice and yeah you got it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Contra Calculus posted:

Combine the most-voted joke choice and the most-voted serious choice and yeah you got it.

Edmure's not getting married at Riverrun :ssh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Tommen will die.

You shut the gently caress up.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh yeah, I forgot. RW is at The Twins. Whatever, all Riverlands castles look the same to me.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You shut the gently caress up.

Ser Pounce is a double agent and will kill kim in his sleep.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Joramun posted:

Cats will eat you if you forget to feed them. It is known (in YOSPOS.)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Joramun posted:

If the last scene of the show/movie is a cat on the iron throne, I'll be a happy camper.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'll quit the series if there ends up being a Robb Wind of Tommen and Ser Pounce :colbert:

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

It basically has to be Margaery, doesn't it?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Joramun posted:

shut up shut up SHUT UP

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

VBane posted:

Two Questions that I don't think are inviting spoilers.

1. The "Red Wedding" is Joffrey's, right? The Red Keep and all.

2. Is that supposed to happen this season?

I've heard vague rumblings that its a big deal, unsurprisingly, and been waiting for it to pop up.

Asking here so I don't have to risk the other thread.

In the worst thread just now. There goes that, ha. I look forward to the posts that follow. I can't PM, otherwise I'd try to do something about it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Rarity posted:

Edmure's not getting married at Riverrun :ssh:

I still can't believe you left out The Twins. You did that on purpose!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Look closer, it's on there as the highest-voted option.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blind Sally posted:

The show had made no indication the Hound would know about Robb being at the Twins :smug:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The Arya/Hound scene was fantastic baiting. It seems so plausible, what could possibly go wrong?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Watching the show now, just saw ~*Daario*~. He certainly looks smugly handsome enough to be the guy who will be burying his Tyroshi meatwand into Dany's supple, not-yet-spewing-poop-on-our-hopes bunghole for the next two seasons.

I am disappointed, though, that Daario didn't end up looking this this ridiculous guy:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 20, 2013

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah his hair wasn't blue at all, my shameful boner was only at half mast.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's simply no way Daario could have looked not-hilarious in real life with that description.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Deviant Art begs to differ.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

By LadyTargaryen, huh? Well, now. I like the Khal Rhaego drawing. Really captures the pathos of a deformed stillbirth.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Urdnot Fire posted:

They even made sure to make a point of his golden ladies :allears:

The Second Sons, so it would seem he is a casualty of the show merging them with the Stormcrows. I suppose he could show up later though, it's not like he did anything of note at this point in the books.

Golden ladies? Must have missed that.

Like the Sensa changes, as I like most of the changes. Forget the books, the artist is dead, let chaos reign.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

By LadyTargaryen, huh? Well, now. I like the Khal Rhaego drawing. Really captures the pathos of a deformed stillbirth.

Speaking of Rhaego, that whole "Stallion Who Mounts the World" thing is a pretty gross way to say "This Dude Will Conquer poo poo."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

Yeah his hair wasn't blue at all, my shameful boner was only at half mast.

Conversely, my fat pink mast was only at half shame.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

nutranurse posted:

I am disappointed, though, that Daario didn't end up looking this this ridiculous guy:

It's not that blue hair is unattractive by definition, just look at the dozens of sexy Fire Emblem mofos with it.

Shageletic posted:

Golden ladies? Must have missed that.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Personperson14 posted:

Two weeks from now.

my only illiterate friends are still watching season 2 and would probably be like 'wait who the gently caress are the Freys'

it's pure loving agony

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

A closed door is a closed mind.
I think it was more the hairstyle and beard that made Daario look ridiculous rather than the blue hair. That and the naked lady hilts...

I hope Tommen doesn't die; he's the only innocent Lannister left in the book (Myrcella doesn't count since that unfortunate incident with her face).

In other news, I picked up the series a month back since I started watching the show, and I'm ashamed to admit I finished all five books within three weeks. After S3, the long drought begins...:gonk:

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Chinston Wurchill posted:

If the last scene of the show/movie is a cat on the iron throne, I'll be a happy camper.

The Final Chapter of ADoS:

Ser Pounce lounged upon his throne of iron swords, the rest having all died bloody deaths upon the dais elevating it above the floor by a trio of steps. Blood had forged the throne itself, blood was shed for it, and people were bound to it by blood. Blood had been spilled and blood had long dried and stained everything in the antechamber a vivid red. The war had come and gone, the Others defeated, all the loose ends neatly tied up in a Mereenese Knot. The war that all had thought would end in their favorite figures settled upon the throne ended with the least conspicuous one of all settled neatly upon it. It was a hard throne to win and an even harder one to sit upon without losing it.

It's just a stupid cold chair Ser Pounce mused as he slowly set his furry behind upon the frigid iron. A REALLY cold chair!I'm definitely going to have to get a custom cushion made for my noble posterior. If only these servants weren't as useless as nipples on a breastplate! They act as though my words are wind. Well they are wind. Wind passing through their hollow skulls!

But it was his throne. His chair now and forever until the end of time. In cat years he was seven but by human years he was a single year old. He would have a good long rule, one emphasized by tummy rubs and an increase in the fishing along the Fingers where delicious tuna could be found. The thought made the little king's belly rumble with anticipation.

Perhaps I shall try these neeps all the people rave about Ser Pounce flicked his tail languidly to and fro, making it look like a furry snake writhing in pain. While dining I shall consider that new fishing fleet to replace the one we lost at the Blackwater.

Ser Pounce removed himself from the frozen tundra that was the Iron Throne and bounded from hoary iron to tepid redstone that formed the floor of the throne room. His paws carried him swiftly, his tail crooking sharp like a knife blade in the air. Keen senses picked up the smells wafting from the kitchens. Human smells, smells that he had known since he was a wee lad playing with his nuncle in Flea Bottom. He'd come a long way from being a cat prowling through the alleys whilst being chased by some scruffy tomboy trying to capture him only to let him go.

From beggar to knight to king. How many cats can claim such a path through life? KING Pounce thought as he lifted his head high and let out a mighty laugh (a meow actually). I hope that scruffy nerfherder got her just desserts!

Thinking of desserts only made his stomach roll and lurch further. He had to find what was making such an alluring scent and he had to find it soon. His heart raced as he darted out of the throne room like a shadow sweeping across the stones. Few ever heard his approach and fewer actually cared. They'd care now that he was king. They would all care.

The smell of Dornish peppers caught his nose first, followed by roast duck in a sweet sauce he couldn't quite place. Peppercorns and almonds seemed to tease his nose where they were mixed in with a dish of pot roast with apples and gravy. Spiced pears, uninteresting to a cat, were smelled as well and he hurried along to avoid smelling them too long. The scent of suckling pig drew him onward though as well as the scent of some sort of feast of fancy that may lie in wait in his bowl. Surely the cooks had prepared his royal meal of crab stew mixed with chunks of potato and peppered beets.

He bobbed and weaved between table legs, zigged and zagged through legs and even vaulted over low rungs of chairs and tables to find his meal. At one point he looked out the window to see the moon a sliver in the sky, thin and curved like the blade of a knife. It made him wonder how many times he had seen, or heard, that phrase said but it wasn't as important as his meal.

And my ships! King Pounce thought as he finally strutted to his bowl. I must get them in order. A king's duty is to prepare for his people.

The bowl had been switched with his old one, the moniker of king affixed to his name now, and it gave him great delight to spot the porcelain bowl settled there beside the chamber pot. Luckily said chamber pot was empty for the time (you sick people) and King Pounce prepared to gorge himself.

Bits of whitish gravy dribbled over the bowl's pristine lip, oozing like sap from a tree's bark. It was crab stew as he had thought with great chunks of claw meat and enormous hunks of potato just swimming about in the mess of gravy and pepper. This was a meal for a king. A meal for him. His head dipped low in reverence before he began lapping noisily at the gravy with his prickly tongue snatching up bit by bit of the luxurious meal.

Now then. I must think. I have a handful of ships. That one with that mean lady that used to beat me I shall rename Ser Pounce's Pride, the one with the disturbingly phallic effigy on the front I shall name Pounce's Penetrator, and that other one...what was its name? King Pounce thought long and hard, his kitty brain strained to elicit even the slightest ounce of smarts. Ah yes! The Perfumed Seneschal. Whatever that is. You'd have to be a total nutter to understand Valyrian and translate that. I shall call it Cat's Paw since people never were able to shut the hell up about that word. Perhaps they liked it!

Suddenly something caught in King Pounce's throat and he choked. His eyes swelled wide, the pupils thin and sharp like the blade of a knife in his eyes. Tears welled in their corners and he flailed wildly at his neck but it was as useless as nipples on a breastplate. One with niello. Or whatever.

No! This cannot be! King Pounce realized that, as he was eating, a hairball was trying to come up. The thick mass of fur clogged up with crab stew now struggled to push either object in or out. The hairball, wet and slimy deep down, wished to come up. The crab stew wished to go down as his throat muscles pleaded for mercy. The entire thing made him create a hacking noise that alerted the eyes of some of the cook staff.

You dogs! You did this to me! You usurpers! Bastards the lot of you! None of you are worth a mummer's fart! King Pounce roared with fury but the hairball refused to budge. Instead it sounded much like a hand slapping the surface of a bowl of pudding. Chocolate pudding with a rainbow of sprinkles and Dornish Gold to to chase it down with. Or was it red? Being colorblind never did make things clear to Pounce.

He struggled on his feet, tried to beat out the hairball with his futile paws. The lack of an opposable thumb made this a lesson in futility, but Pounce refused to go down without a fight. His airways clogged, his heart beating a hundred times over where it once had thumped once in his chest, and the impending darkness looming in his mind made the fight all the more difficult. This was not the way for a king to die! This was the way that scum should choke in the gutters of King's Landing!

The last thing that crossed Pounce's mind before he lost consciousness was his house words: Hear Me Roar! He never understood them in his life. He had never roared in his life, never conquered, only took the scraps of society and climbed the rungs to the top. His roar was muffled by the hairball now, a roar that was more of a pained mewl by far. He hoped that he would live on in another life as cats had nine lives. But that was all a lie.

Life is all a lie, is it not? We all put on masks and deceive one another to put on this little game we play. The Game of Thrones. You play or you die. Or you poo poo brown water until you can poo poo no more.

Suddenly, everything went black.

The End

[Insert GURM face]

I am so ashamed of myself. I feel dirty.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Tommen can't die because all the fan art about Tommen is just too precious.

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

That was a marvelous. Thank you. :golfclap:

And now I don't want Tommen to die even more...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Lycaeon posted:

all five books within three weeks.

Sweet GRRM almighty

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
How in the shitdickingnuncle do you read all five books in three weeks?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

One page at a time? :downs:

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

Let's just say I had a dearth of leisure activities and it's been a while since I've read a truly good fantasy series. Can't say it was worth it, however...I probably didn't enjoy the depth of the books as much as I would have had I taken longer. It was just hard to put down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Hunky Joe posted:

But it was his throne. His chair now and forever until the end of time. In cat years he was seven but by human years he was a single year old. He would have a good long rule, one emphasized by tummy rubs

My cat (his name is Grey Wind, deal with it) always claws and bites my hand and tries to murder it whenever I try to give him a tummy rub. It's pretty brutal and disturbing. Otherwise he's really sweet and affectionate but his tummy is a complete no fly zone. He only likes to be petted (for hours on end at that) on his head and back and below his chin.