Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Whoa buddy, Lost Highway is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeah
Oct 14, 2012

wtf hax???
Came here to post the Turbo poster, but looks like I was beaten by over a page. It looks like the lackluster Dreamworks movies that always fit snugly between their successful movies, but I swear I've been hearing of his movie for well over a year and a half. Why photo background plus the FACE persists for a movie I've seen them talk about so much, we don't know.

Also pink fuzzy dice snail is voiced by Snoop Dogg Lion and basically seeing Snoop in a kids' movie is what's making me get tickets.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
From this:

To this:

Great job!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Walk, don't run, from the apocalyptic devestation immediately behind you.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zeah posted:

Came here to post the Turbo poster, but looks like I was beaten by over a page. It looks like the lackluster Dreamworks movies that always fit snugly between their successful movies, but I swear I've been hearing of his movie for well over a year and a half. Why photo background plus the FACE persists for a movie I've seen them talk about so much, we don't know.

Also pink fuzzy dice snail is voiced by Snoop Dogg Lion and basically seeing Snoop in a kids' movie is what's making me get tickets.

I'm still surprised they're making a loving Turbo Snails movie. I was thoroughly convinced I was the only person who remembered those god-awful toys.

Zeah
Oct 14, 2012

wtf hax???

Cleretic posted:

I'm still surprised they're making a loving Turbo Snails movie. I was thoroughly convinced I was the only person who remembered those god-awful toys.

It's not a Turbo Snails movie, it just HAPPENS to be called Turbo and is also about racing snails. At least, I couldn't find a source saying it was based off the toy.

Brad Pitt looks so drat confused in that new World War Z poster. Bewildered by the exploding world around him?

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Zeah posted:

Brad Pitt looks so drat confused in that new World War Z poster. Bewildered by the exploding world around him?

"Why did I think this was worth it?". He has been distancing himself from the movie for close to a year now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Criminal Minded posted:

Whoa buddy, Lost Highway is awesome.

It isn't for everyone. I am a Lynch superfan and hated it when I first saw it.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Zeah posted:

The poster I really hate is this one:

SLO NO MO

It didn't help that, right after I saw that terrible-rear end tagline, a woman walked by, saw the tagline, and stopped her husband to show her how hi-larious the tagline was. They both laughed uproariously, repeating it to themselves through laughter before moving on.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Icon-Cat posted:

The Death Egg storyline remains very dear to my heart. Maybe it just reminds me of a simpler time in my life. Maybe it's just that it's the perfect combination of 'serious' storyline and cartoon whimsy. Every effort is made in that game to showcase the Death Egg as this huge badass destructive thing, which it is, but it's also a Death Star parody with a motherfucking mustache.

I don't know when Sonic stopped holding that joy for me and started being that thing I associate with horrifying fan art and depressing furries, but I do not appreciate the switch. As usual, the Internet ruins everything.

Just go play Sonic Generations and feel good again.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
It always feels like the posters are trying to make Brad Pitt look younger when he's clearly trying his best to look his age so instead it just makes him look like bad CGI.

If Pitt wanted to pull a Tom Cruise and look less than his age he'd easily be able to pull it off. But I don't think he loving wants to.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Hewlett posted:

SLO NO MO

It didn't help that, right after I saw that terrible-rear end tagline, a woman walked by, saw the tagline, and stopped her husband to show her how hi-larious the tagline was. They both laughed uproariously, repeating it to themselves through laughter before moving on.

Oh well come on, that's pretty clever. It's simple, a nice logo, and the central concept is clearly executed. "Slo no mo" is pretty good wordplay when the standard would be something like "SLUGS TO BE YOU - EAT MY TRAIL" or whatever.

e: Oh, and I still think that "mass of bodies" look is the most inventive thing to happen to the godawful zombie genre in the last decade or more, so I can't really hate that poster.

Shanty fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 28, 2013

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

This is miserable. I feel for the poor designer who had to cobble it together.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We want the zombies pouring everywhere like waves and doing the piles-of-zombies thing from the trailer, and we want clear shots of Brad and Mireille. Here's two photos to work with!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Shanty posted:

e: Oh, and I still think that "mass of bodies" look is the most inventive thing to happen to the godawful zombie genre in the last decade or more, so I can't really hate that poster.

Surely you don't mean the street level one? The helicopter poster is excellent.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

I remember reading somewhere that the way Dreamworks operates is that they have an A and a B team, which is why they seem to alternate between good films and focus-grouped poo poo. Is this true, or am I hallucinating facts to explain away how the same studio could make How to Train Your Dragon and Bee Movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I can't even tell if the new poster has zombies in it or not. At least the helicopter one told you straight up that this it's a zombie movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hewlett posted:

SLO NO MO

I keep hearing the title of this movie and expecting the character of the same name from Wreck-It Ralph to just appear and moviebomb them.

TURBO-TASTIC!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What does the "NO" in SLO NO MO mean? I don't get that tagline.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...It's "Slow no more".

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

It's Slow New Orleans More, a reference to oft-delayed post-Katrina rebuilding efforts.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vegetable posted:

What does the "NO" in SLO NO MO mean? I don't get that tagline.

Sheltered white person post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

CloseFriend posted:

This seems like the best thread to ask… Do you guys have any places you recommend for buying frames online? I have a ton of film posters and now that I'm not a college student I don't feel right displaying them without frames. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to these things, so cheaper is better. Also, I have a 1' × 3' Robby the Robot poster and I cannot find a frame that size anywhere.

Thanks!

Do yourself a favor and learn how to DIY it. After a bad experience at a professional framing place I decided to try my hand at it myself, so far its been fun and I'm saving a ton of cash. Unfortunately I've only got this one image to show you of my efforts as the rest are on my home machine. I buy a lot of my framing material from American Frame, they normally have free shipping when you spend over $75. Right now they are running a special, free shipping on orders over $40+. If you want to use plexiglass for your glazing, you can buy everything you need from them. Otherwise, buy everything but the glass and source that locally (I use Hobby Lobby).

I learned how to DIY archival frame after I found the ExpressoBeans forum which is mostly a lot of people sperging about collecting art prints and movie posters. The do have a 'Framing Corner' with helpful threads and a lot of photos to give you ideas on composition. Here's some I've referenced a lot:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=80968 Frame assembly from start to finish, read first!
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=67965 More assembly, this time with no spacers.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62356 More of the same, with spacers and no mat.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62429 Learn how to 'float' a print. (I did this in my framed woodblock above.)

I really liked the spacers used in many of the above threads, and ended up buying them from here: http://www.artright.com/spacers.htm Works great if you want to go mat-less.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 28, 2013

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Lizard Combatant posted:

This is miserable. I feel for the poor designer who had to cobble it together.

It kinda fits though, since the movie looks like absolute poo poo. I thought the piles of zombies thing looked cool on the first poster, but seeing it in motion is just really bad. The animation is terrible. They also do a really poor job of selling it as a zombie movie. It looks more like a "people running around quickly and climbing on each other" movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shanty posted:

You don't know they're zombies. They might be Lucy Liu-bots.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

They also do a really poor job of selling it as a zombie movie. It looks more like a "people running around quickly and climbing on each other" movie.

Exactly. Ick, don't let the idiotic tidal waves of vague people-y looking stuff get you!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

It kinda fits though, since the movie looks like absolute poo poo. I thought the piles of zombies thing looked cool on the first poster, but seeing it in motion is just really bad. The animation is terrible. They also do a really poor job of selling it as a zombie movie. It looks more like a "people running around quickly and climbing on each other" movie.

I agree, LotR era MASSIVE crowds looked better than what I saw in the trailer. It's a neat concept but the execution looks pretty weak. Still, I'm trying to judge the posters on their merits.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's interesting how none of the promotion (On TV and in theaters at least) actually says it's zombies. And they never show a close up.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Brad looks a whole lot like his character in 12 monkeys, so maybe this is all just a bad dream?

I think this one is pretty amazing because without knowing what it is you are looking at, this looks like some seriously creepy horror movie.

Click for big!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dark Star owns so much, how did it even get released?
God bless the 70s.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Hewlett posted:

SLO NO MO

"Well at least this one has a different face."

And then I saw the reflection.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Not exactly posters but there are some pretty great film-inspired paintings here http://imgur.com/user/HoYeah/submitted, such as:

Credit to The MSJ for posting this originally in the strange fanart thread.

Kramjacks fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 29, 2013

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

Not exactly posters but there are some pretty great film-inspired paintings here http://imgur.com/user/HoYeah/submitted, such as:

Greek Gods vs Alien Invaders is pretty much my ultimate fantasy movie.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Byzantine posted:

Greek Gods vs Alien Invaders is pretty much my ultimate fantasy movie.

I'd watch an Everworld movie.

Based on a series of books by the author of Animorphs...

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Now I want a god game where you play as a giant Jeff Goldblum.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Peter Molyneux's Black & Gold

(That could also be the name of a New Orleans Saints simulator :v: )

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

He's already been in a side-scroller and an adventure game, every genre needs to be Goldblummed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_jMfBq3dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVAQXu5i848

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Speaking of Goldblum

Man that first tagline is good, but that second tagline kind of ruins it.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Zeah posted:

It's not a Turbo Snails movie, it just HAPPENS to be called Turbo and is also about racing snails. At least, I couldn't find a source saying it was based off the toy.

It's the face blindness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick Hard
Sep 10, 2011
John Hurt is faster than a speeding train.