Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
A scratcher has set up shop in my hometown, and has some pretty awesome examples of his work so far.

I spent longer than I'd care to admit trying to figure out what was going on anatomically with the second one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Christ that must have hurt to get all that poo poo done on ribs

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Wintermutant posted:

A scratcher has set up shop in my hometown, and has some pretty awesome examples of his work so far.

And yet, not the worst Jesus in the thread...

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Bored posted:

That panther looks like someone just walked in on it getting out of the shower.

I was about to say it looked like the shyest panther ever. I wonder what the first panther covered up.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Optimist with doubt posted:

I was about to say it looked like the shyest panther ever. I wonder what the first panther covered up.

It's really faded, but it looks like a very sad panther.

e: Perhaps it is distressed at accidentally walking in on the other panther getting out of the shower.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Optimist with doubt posted:

Looks like a panther as well, done in the style of a mascot. The mouth is where the left paw is and eyes right above that. In fact, the coverup is pretty much the same, just with a body and less terrible, not that it means much.

EDIT: Yeah, that has got to be based on a school mascot:

Terminal Entropy has a new favorite as of 04:53 on Jun 1, 2013

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Terminal Entropy posted:

Looks like a panther as well, done in the style of a mascot. The mouth is where the left paw is and eyes right above that. In fact, the coverup is pretty much the same, just with a body and less terrible, not that it means much.

It means that it'll take an even bigger panther or other wild cat to cover up this one.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
:thejoke: He was implying the first panther was also a cover up.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wintermutant posted:

I spent longer than I'd care to admit trying to figure out what was going on anatomically with the second one.

She apparently has some self image problems if she believes that she needs to suck in that much. Wonder if she's got muffin top because her pants are tied too tightly and she's mistaking that for being fat. Girlgoon here, and I miss not being fat.

Bored has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Jun 1, 2013

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wintermutant posted:

If the guy with that tattoo doesn't ride a skateboard everywhere, play electric guitar, and always sit backwards in chairs I'll be incredibly disappointed.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

EvilMuppet posted:

:thejoke: He was implying the first panther was also a cover up.

Yes, this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Best way to deal with unwanted tattoos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSBKQueFH4

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Why on the neck?

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

PaganGoatPants posted:

Why on the neck?

It looks like a Dorito.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

DorkusMalorkus posted:

This shop is located in Colorado, but there are still a shocking number of tattoos on the page with similar subject matter. Like being from Colorado is the most interesting thing you can think of to tattoo on yourself. (303 is the area code for the Denver area)

I'm thinking about getting a Colorado tattoo, but then I'm madly, passionately in love with this state and I've visited more of it than anyone else in recorded history. And it is a pretty neat place to live. A nice Colorado flag tattoo with some crisp linework, good placement, not overdone, would be nice.

All the more reason not to go to this shop...

uptown
May 16, 2009

DorkusMalorkus posted:

It looks like a Dorito.

I was thinking three ravioli.

SkyeTheBard
Jun 5, 2011

Furry Little Thief...

Mike Haggar is beastin'!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LingcodKilla posted:

Is there a followup? That's :black101: as gently caress, and if it worked I've honestly got to salute the guy that just had his flesh ripped off at 1000 rpm, stupid or not.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is there a followup? That's :black101: as gently caress, and if it worked I've honestly got to salute the guy that just had his flesh ripped off at 1000 rpm, stupid or not.

Not really sure but I bet a raging infection and intense satisfaction was in his future.

Sigma_Bark
Jun 1, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

I've seen this video a few times on Rude Tube (UK T.V show about internet videos and the like). You've got to wonder why people so impulsively get other people's names tattooed on themselves who they haven't been in a long relationship with, let alone having married.

On a side note:
Have some 'Mad-Dog Deon' and his skull face tattoo, as seen on Jeremy Kyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iv3g8ZLkYA

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

All on the same girl. She has many more terrible tattoos than this small sample.

I think the worst part of this is that she's now got about 3 more floating classic monster heads on her leg.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Hummingbirds posted:

All on the same girl. She has many more terrible tattoos than this small sample.

I think the worst part of this is that she's now got about 3 more floating classic monster heads on her leg.

These tattoos are all Unironically Good.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Hummingbirds posted:

Aww, I like them. Especially the Jack ornament. :3:
Is Spyro a work in progress or something? 'Cause his horns are disappearing into the void.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Silly Hippie posted:

The logo for a Harry Potter spin-off aimed at young children, meant to teach them how to bathe and shave their chin toupees.

How did this appointment go?

Like what was the conversation between the artist and this guy to wind up with that?

"I dunno man. Its the dark mark. You know... The dark mark.."

"Describe it for me as if I wasn't a 14 year old girl or 27 year old manchild."

"Its a snake, and a skull.. And.. poo poo. You know. The DARK MARK man."

"Get in the chair."

Hummingbirds posted:

Actually, all but the fish guy own.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Nope, a Jack Skellington tattoo is only "cool" if you're in middle school and still use My Chemical Romance book covers. The Creature From the Black Lagoon one is the only actually cool one.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

"Cool" and "good" can be mutually exclusive terms, you know. Jazz is good, but not cool.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah, but if it's cool, it's good; that's inherent. It's like how a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Is no one noticing the Invader Zim tattoo next to the childish grim reaper?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Is no one noticing the Invader Zim tattoo next to the childish grim reaper?

Lenore. And her artist, Roman Dirge, and Vazquez are buddies. Yes, I like both artists. Not that I would get either of them tattooed on my body.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Grim Reaper is a bit clip arty but at least the black work on it seems really solid and defined.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.

Hummingbirds posted:

Those are all fine. Curious to see the others, because you probably picked out what you thought were the worst so the others might be pretty good.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Bored posted:

Lenore. And her artist, Roman Dirge, and Vazquez are buddies. Yes, I like both artists. Not that I would get either of them tattooed on my body.

On the note of bad tattoos and J.V., I have giant Happy Noodle Boy on my ribcage. And I don't feel bad about it at all. :colbert:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm trying really hard to figure out what's going on in these wings.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
They are grapes.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

On the note of bad tattoos and J.V., I have giant Happy Noodle Boy on my ribcage. And I don't feel bad about it at all. :colbert:

Wasn't Happy Noodle Boy kind of a way to troll fans (which I think makes it a-okay for a tattoo, btw)? I know there was a "How to Draw Happy Noodle Boy" page in one of the comics. I actually usually skipped Happy Noodle Boy when reading, 'cause he was just so angry, but not in a JTHM way. More in a schizophrenic homeless man yelling angry things way, which actually makes me sad. Also, I am all for people getting Dirge's "mouse with an ear on its back" as a tattoo.

More unasked for Dirge info: Lenore was also stolen by :todd:. He apparently thought that nobody knew who she was or something.

Granted, it wasn't the outright tracing that he did to Shmorky, but it's still pretty obvious.

Enough derail, Lenore tattoos. Since it's goth and a little wrong, it has plenty of trashy followers just like JTHM:

Well, that didn't yield anywhere near as many results as I had hoped. Of course, he included tattoo flash in his comics, so that may be some of the reason that there wasn't more poo poo. But this popped up, since, as I mentioned, the same people follow these artists (yes, I'm one of them to some extant, as is Neurosis Head I'm guessing):

gently caress getting a Vasquez tattoo that shows his strong use of line and shadow! Lets just throw this curly poo poo around here with faded lines and crappy shading.

Also, the search confirmed that Happy Noodle Boy can, indeed, look really loving cool in tattoo form. Then again, some of the joke is that he's a stick figure.

Edit: Shawn the Sheep is the only cartoon I've thought about getting as a tattoo. Goddamn I loved "A Close Shave" when I was in highschool. But, it wouldn't really fit anywhere, so I never got it.

Bored has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Jun 3, 2013

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!

Danica! posted:

Actually, all but the fish guy own.

Personally the lack of integration between the tattoos is what gets me.

If you wanna doodle all over something get a notebook. However I am partial to the Spyro because I like how grumpy he looks.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

God drat, I can't believe you guys don't think those are tasteless. Regardless,

meataidstheft posted:

Personally the lack of integration between the tattoos is what gets me.

If you wanna doodle all over something get a notebook.

But anyway here are the others she has on facebook.

I stand by my opinion that these are tasteless as gently caress even if they're techincally well-done tattoos. Maybe it's just because I know the girl personally and she's about as "lolrandom" as I've ever seen.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Hummingbirds posted:

God drat, I can't believe you guys don't think those are tasteless. Regardless,
I stand by my opinion that these are tasteless as gently caress even if they're techincally well-done tattoos. Maybe it's just because I know the girl personally and she's about as "lolrandom" as I've ever seen.

I don't think we're on the same page as to what constitutes "tasteless". Things you personally don't like aren't immediately tasteless, and a lot of these tattoos aren't tasteless. For example, I'm not sure how the technically decent tree on that girl's side is anything near "tasteless". A scratchy Tasmanian Devil is tasteless. A warped Bart Simpson is tasteless.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I don't think we're on the same page as to what constitutes "tasteless". Things you personally don't like aren't immediately tasteless, and a lot of these tattoos aren't tasteless. For example, I'm not sure how the technically decent tree on that girl's side is anything near "tasteless". A scratchy Tasmanian Devil is tasteless. A warped Bart Simpson is tasteless.

He picked the bad ones, people asked for the rest, he posted the rest. :shrug: Nobody ever said they were all tasteless.

GIR is definitely tasteless as gently caress, though. Jack Skellington, maybe, you can keep that on you for the rest of your life as a gentle reminder of your childhood without it being a terrible thing, because for all the poo poo that the movie get, A Nightmare Before Christmas is still really good. But GIR? That's either going to get removed, or covered, or just strategically wrapped in clothing after a certain point.

Tasteless doesn't have to mean poorly-done. You can have the best goddamn Triforce tattoo in the world, with great shading and fantastic linework with all the appropriate bits and bobs and thrown around it, but at the end of the day you still have a goddamn Triforce tattoo.

She has some really good tats, though. Bride of Frankenstein owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Who the hell are you to judge warped Bart? Don't have a cow about other people's tats.

• Locked thread