Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Bad tribal or Yog Sothoth?

E: and my boss just got the linework done on a horrible scratchy fairy tattoo, and was surprised when I guessed she had it done by a friend in his house. "But he has an autoclave!"- her defense.

Croisquessein has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Jun 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

Croisquessein posted:

Bad tribal or Yog Sothoth?

E: and my boss just got the linework done on a horrible scratchy fairy tattoo, and was surprised when I guessed she had it done by a friend in his house. "But he has an autoclave!"- her defense.

Is there something that precludes it from being both? But if I had to choose one, bad tribal because Yog Sothoth is a way awesome tattoo idea and that is a way terrible tattoo.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
Went for a walk this afternoon and discovered FANTASY TATTOOING just up the road from my flat.

About Us:

WE ARE A VERY WELL ESTABLISHED TATTOO SHOP THAT HAS OVER 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE. WE HAVE OVER 40,000 DESIGNS THAT RANGE FROM OLD SCHOOL TO NEW SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN. WE ALSO LIKE CUSTOM AND FREE HAND WORK AS IT ALLOWS THE IMAGINATION TO FLOW, WE DO A LOT OF COVER UP'S WHICH ARE MAINLY NAMES BUT WILL TRY TO COVER ANYTHING. FEEL FREE TO PHONE OR BETTER STILL POP IN AND HAVE A LOOK

:nws: Poorly done nipple in this one.

'Yeah, just pop her head in my armpit.'

Bad Roy has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Jun 10, 2013

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Bad Roy posted:

WE HAVE OVER 40,000 DESIGNS THAT RANGE FROM OLD SCHOOL TO NEW SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't "range from old to new" also cover "in between"?

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

Captain Trips posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't "range from old to new" also cover "in between"?

They just want you to know they cover everything in between. EVERYTHING.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Thank you, @ShitTats for inflicting this on me :o:

http://i.imgur.com/7rW61gp.jpg :nws:

Here's looking at you, kid.

"I just want people to regret seeing me naked. I mean, more so than they already do."

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
Facebook.

Defnoops
Aug 25, 2006
Cheese is a kind of meat
Friends making terrible decisions, or: Facebook

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
The owner of a local tattoo studio just excitedly posted a FB update saying, "Spike Television out of California called today and we are in the running to get a total re-model for the studio and be part of a television series. Just never know who's going to call next. GO RED!!!!!!"*

I thought about posting to explain that this is not a good thing, but decided she should know that by now. The show in question is "Tattoo Rescue", I'm guessing. I haven't had any work done by them, but I don't think they are terrible. Whoever was proudly putting out the crappy tattoos I remember seeing several years back is gone I guess, since I'm not seeing them (the bad tattoos) online.
I know, I know:

*"Red" is the name of the shop.

Anyway, I should post something since I didn't find the crappy tattoos I remember seeing when I looked through them in the past.
These are completely unrelated to Red Tattoo Parlor:

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
I want this random little kid on my arm - but can you make it horrifying?

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
Has a single portrait tattoo ever looked like the person it's supposed to? Or are we (as a species) still at a 100% failure rate for drawing faces on skin?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Trips posted:

Has a single portrait tattoo ever looked like the person it's supposed to? Or are we (as a species) still at a 100% failure rate for drawing faces on skin?

I've seen a perfect likeness (in black & white) on a friend's arm. Unfortunately it was a likeness of Tom Waits. (To clarify it was meant to be Tom Waits.)

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

Captain Trips posted:

Lots of portrait tattoos look completely amazing, especially stuff by guys like Nikko Hurtado:

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've seen a perfect likeness (in black & white) on a friend's arm. Unfortunately it was a likeness of Tom Waits. (To clarify it was meant to be Tom Waits.)

What the hell's wrong with that? I'd love a Tom Waits portrait.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

quote:

I love it. In memory of our daughter Serenity Angel.

I'm from a part of the country where Thomas Kinkade is seen as being on the same level as Rembrandt. Burn the place down.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Captain Trips posted:

Unfortunately his website is all hosed up, but James Kern did an amazing portrait tattoo of Woody Allen that's so lifelike its creepy.

PrimitiveDegenerate
Feb 21, 2006

Captain Trips posted:

What's possible:

What some people are willing to pay for:

PrimitiveDegenerate has a new favorite as of 14:47 on Jun 13, 2013

Zandorv
Nov 22, 2011

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Unfortunately his website is all hosed up, but James Kern did an amazing portrait tattoo of Woody Allen that's so lifelike its creepy.

Is this the tattoo you were looking for?

I was going to add some awful portraits to be more tasteless on-topic, but I just can't do it.

Edit: this came from his Facebook, if anyone's interested in looking at more of his work.

Zandorv has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Jun 13, 2013

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I think all portrait tattoos are pretty tasteless, even the ones that are flawlessly executed. Having a picture of someone elses face on your skin just seems goofy to me, even if it's beautifully photorealistic.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

Yeah duder I totes agree, let's all go out and get a buncha swallows and tribal.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Portraits are difficult but not impossible. The problem is there are a lot of lovely artists and portraits are popular.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Yesterday a friend of mine asked me out of the blue what the Chinese characters for a few words were. As we live in China and she can't speak or read any real Chinese, this isn't really too uncommon. I sort of half-assedly sent her a few characters, but some words she wanted like "Loyalty" have a bunch with different meanings and connotations, and therefore a bunch of different characters... something I wasn't really thinking about when I replied to her text.

I find out today she got them tattooed pretty huge down her back, and two of the characters aren't really what she would want in the context she's using them for. I wish she had told me why she wanted them.

I'm the reason for the bad and tasteless tattoos. It's me.

So, if you ever ask someone how to write "X" in moon runes, please tell them it's for a tattoo so they give more than a cursory glance at your text and hastily reply.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Fatkraken posted:

I think all portrait tattoos are pretty tasteless, even the ones that are flawlessly executed. Having a picture of someone elses face on your skin just seems goofy to me, even if it's beautifully photorealistic.

If it's done well, I don't think a memorial portrait of a family member or friend would be tasteless. But getting Woody Allen on your body is just creepy and weird.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

Yeah duder I totes agree, let's all go out and get a buncha swallows and tribal.

Eh, just my opinion, I don't like 'em, I think they look silly

leahlionheart
Jun 20, 2012

by T. Finninho
...from a local tattoo establishment in Bloomington, IN.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
It's like a visual Madlib, random discordant images mashed up with no regard to sense. :psyduck:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Multiplesarcasm posted:

It's like a visual Madlib, random discordant images mashed up with no regard to sense. :psyduck:

I take it you've never heard of Macho Man Randy Savage's Slim Jim commercials?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

leahlionheart posted:

This is actually amazing.

leahlionheart
Jun 20, 2012

by T. Finninho

LeafHouse posted:

This is actually amazing.

It really, really is. And fantastically tasteless.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is your friend from Tampa? I met a guy last night with a Tom Waits portrait that was in town for a soccer game.

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

PrimitiveDegenerate posted:

What some people are willing to pay for:

What loving part of the body is this even on???

Also all the super bizarre shading on that one made me wonder what this person would look like if brought to life exactly from that tattoo

Now I feel ill

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

leahlionheart posted:

Owns.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I didn't know I wanted that tattoo but now I am jealous.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's based on an actual ensemble.

Macho Man owns, tattoo owns.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
I retract my previous statement, that's pretty amazing.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
That Macho Man tattoo is the best kind of tasteless.

Re: portrait tattoos, Mick Squires does really good portraits that aren't necessarily photo-realistic. It's just a shame that the type of people who want portrait tattoos the most are normally the type of people who don't understand why some tattoo artists have 6 month waiting lists and why a good half-sleeve portrait is going to cost you upwards of $1500-$2000.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

leahlionheart posted:

It really, really is. And fantastically tasteless.

Slim jims have plenty of taste!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Harmburger posted:

It came from Facebook. "$700 later"

It looks like the torso is facing forward while the rest is doing all sorts of zany poo poo.

You can tell this dude thanks from me because I'm totally jacking his unintentional Escher Piano and getting one done based off the staircase optical illusion that doesn't have a discernible top or bottom landing, but with piano keys instead of stairs.

Butta
Jul 11, 2006

Did someone say "chimichanga"? Never mind, that was just the sound of my skull and brains healing.

NewtGoongrich posted:

I'm trying to parse the meaning of this "poetry" but it doesn't make sense at all.

I do like how one "nothing" and "nothin" are used in the same line.

If someone has already responded to this, my bad, but yeah, that's a 2Pac lyric.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Totally NWS/NMS for a badly tattooed penis:

:nws: :nms: Super Penis :nms: :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Magna Kaser posted:

Yesterday a friend of mine asked me out of the blue what the Chinese characters for a few words were. As we live in China and she can't speak or read any real Chinese, this isn't really too uncommon. I sort of half-assedly sent her a few characters, but some words she wanted like "Loyalty" have a bunch with different meanings and connotations, and therefore a bunch of different characters... something I wasn't really thinking about when I replied to her text.

I find out today she got them tattooed pretty huge down her back, and two of the characters aren't really what she would want in the context she's using them for. I wish she had told me why she wanted them.

I'm the reason for the bad and tasteless tattoos. It's me.

So, if you ever ask someone how to write "X" in moon runes, please tell them it's for a tattoo so they give more than a cursory glance at your text and hastily reply.

What is the Chinese character for "hamburger" as in the sandwich

• Locked thread