Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
I know it was a joke, I was just... I was just wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Captain Trips posted:

Yep, that's a dog in a beekeeper suit.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You. Pick up that poop.

Ignite Memories has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jul 6, 2013

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Dog Vader was seduced by the bark side of the force

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is OH gently caress IS THAT A CAT LEMME GO LEMME GO

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

Computing is definitely computing, but just listen for a minute You don’t understand this. When I was a boy-eighteen, nineteen---I was already on the net. And there was a question in my mind as to whether computing had a future for me. Because in those days I had a yearning to go to Alaska. See, there were three gold strikes in one month in Alaska, and I felt like going out. Just for the ride, you might say.

Oh, yeah, my father lived many years in Alaska. He was an adventurous man. We’ve got quite a little streak of self-reliance in our family. I thought I’d go out with my older brother and try to locate him, and maybe settle in the North with the old man. And I was almost decided to go, when I met a computer in the Parker House. He was an Apple II. And there he was eighty-four years old, and he'd computed in thirty-one states. And old Apple II, he’d be up in his room, y’understand, turn on his green screen---I’ll never forget---and connect to the phone line and call the BBS, and without ever leaving his room, at the age of eighty-four, He did his computing. And when I say that, I realized that computing was the greatest career a man could want. ‘Cause what could be more satisfying than to be able to connect, at the age of eight-four, into twenty or thirty different BBS, and pick up a phone line, and be remembered and loved and helped by so many different people? Do you know? When he died--- and by the way he died the death of a computer, in his silver nylon dust cover in the smoker of the New York, New Haven and Hartford, connecting into Boston---when he died, Hundreds of computers and users connected to hiss funeral. Things were sad on a lotta boards for months after that.

See In those days there was personality in it, Howard. There was respect, and comradeship, and gratitude in it. Today, it’s all cut and dried and there’s no chance for bringing friendship to bear---or personality. You see what I mean? They don’t know me anymore!

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

KillHour posted:

This is really far back, but gently caress you. I watched the video on that page. :cry:

Sorry. I didn't actually watch that video (but I did now). Brought back memories of Ye Olde Animal Science class, or, Why I Stopped Eating Chicken For Several Months.

And thank you Ensign_Ricky. That made me snort a bit, because Ruby IS a loving oval office! She's the most punchable animated character on TV this side of Cailou.

gently caress Cailou.

Have Dora in a cauldron, because she and that goddamned whiny Map deserve to get it too.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

AlistairCookie posted:

And thank you Ensign_Ricky. That made me snort a bit, because Ruby IS a loving oval office! She's the most punchable animated character on TV this side of Cailou.

Even Sid The Science Kid?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I too remember my fourth grade rage at Barney, Cailou and the Teletubbies.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

Is there anybody who actually unironically believes that dogs can't look up? Because that belief would rely on not having seen a dog, ever.

In high school I convinced a friend of mine that dogs couldn't look up. I think my explanation was that they could move their head up but not actually see so when you saw a dog follow a thrown ball or something it was actually just tracking it by scent.

She owned a dog, too.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
The uplifting thing about beekeeper dog is that he is trained to smell diseases that attack bee colonies. That dog is saving the world. :-)

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

AltoidsAddict posted:

The uplifting thing about beekeeper dog is that he is trained to smell diseases that attack bee colonies. That dog is saving the world. :-)

Excuse me, sir, but a dog that saves bees is contributing to the death of mankind. :colbert:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Captain Trips posted:

Excuse me, sir, but a dog that saves bees is contributing to the death of mankind. :colbert:

No no no. You're confusing bees with hornets.
Bees are the happy little workers who don't give a poo poo about you unless you intentionally attack them, you jerk.
Hornets, on the other hand, are assholes who hate you and all you hold dear.

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 02:56 on Jul 6, 2013

Capt. Morgan
Feb 23, 2006

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Captain Trips posted:

Actually, quite the opposite. Bees around the world are on the verge of total annihilation due to disease. If they all die, shittons of plants we rely on for food will not get pollinated, and so will not produce new plants. That would be Very Bad.

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013

See, as much as people hate memes on these boards, images like this aren't half as funny without the text.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

MantisToboggan posted:

See, as much as people hate memes on these boards, images like this aren't half as funny without the text.

I have never seen it with text before. But I imagine its one of those, "I could be your girlfriend tonight brother" things,

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

mrkillboy has a new favorite as of 09:55 on Jul 6, 2013

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

AlistairCookie posted:

Sorry. I didn't actually watch that video (but I did now). Brought back memories of Ye Olde Animal Science class, or, Why I Stopped Eating Chicken For Several Months.

gently caress Cailou.

Have Dora in a cauldron, because she and that goddamned whiny Map deserve to get it too.

Oh Jesus, I can handle Dora, Diego, but gently caress THE MAP. I just wanna rip that fucker up.

Also, is it just me or is Swiper less an antagonist, and more of a general douchebag?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

MantisToboggan posted:

That's a meme from China, where you put stockings on fluffy dogs and take their pictures from behind. I think it's rare over there, and I haven't noticed it spread to the US at all, probably because it's...unwholesome.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

pageerror404 posted:

I have never seen it with text before. But I imagine its one of those, "I could be your girlfriend tonight brother" things,

I'm not sure if you should feel proud or worried of your ability to recognize that meme simply by looking at a picture of a dog in stockings, but truly you're a man of the internet.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Kanfy posted:

I'm not sure if you should feel proud or worried of your ability to recognize that meme simply by looking at a picture of a dog in stockings, but truly you're a man of the internet.

It has made monsters of all of us.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Moominpappa has seen some poo poo

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kanfy posted:

If you didn't immediately think of that, you're not a true goon.

squirrelcop
Aug 21, 2006

Maintain Right

These two guys need their own TV show. I bet they go on all sorts of cool pot-fueled adventures together :350: :suspense:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Woodburger posted:

Computing is definitely computing, but just listen for a minute You don’t understand this. When I was a boy-eighteen, nineteen---I was already on the net. And there was a question in my mind as to whether computing had a future for me. Because in those days I had a yearning to go to Alaska. See, there were three gold strikes in one month in Alaska, and I felt like going out. Just for the ride, you might say.

Oh, yeah, my father lived many years in Alaska. He was an adventurous man. We’ve got quite a little streak of self-reliance in our family. I thought I’d go out with my older brother and try to locate him, and maybe settle in the North with the old man. And I was almost decided to go, when I met a computer in the Parker House. He was an Apple II. And there he was eighty-four years old, and he'd computed in thirty-one states. And old Apple II, he’d be up in his room, y’understand, turn on his green screen---I’ll never forget---and connect to the phone line and call the BBS, and without ever leaving his room, at the age of eighty-four, He did his computing. And when I say that, I realized that computing was the greatest career a man could want. ‘Cause what could be more satisfying than to be able to connect, at the age of eight-four, into twenty or thirty different BBS, and pick up a phone line, and be remembered and loved and helped by so many different people? Do you know? When he died--- and by the way he died the death of a computer, in his silver nylon dust cover in the smoker of the New York, New Haven and Hartford, connecting into Boston---when he died, Hundreds of computers and users connected to hiss funeral. Things were sad on a lotta boards for months after that.

See In those days there was personality in it, Howard. There was respect, and comradeship, and gratitude in it. Today, it’s all cut and dried and there’s no chance for bringing friendship to bear---or personality. You see what I mean? They don’t know me anymore!

I like you, Stewart. You're not like the other people, here in the trailer park.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

pageerror404 posted:

And, just like that, we're back in Morally Inept territory again. Goddammit.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Kanfy posted:

I don't know, images in dogs of stockings don't exactly ring hundreds of bells.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Mulefisk posted:

I don't know, images in dogs of stockings don't exactly ring hundreds of bells.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Dammit Moon Moon!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Flyinglemur posted:

I like you, Stewart. You're not like the other people, here in the trailer park.

Of course, it's not like he's building landing strips for gay Martians or anything.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Of course, it's not like he's building landing strips for gay Martians or anything.

Have you seen my owl? I've looked in every tree I can find around here...

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Hydrolith posted:

Actually, quite the opposite. Bees around the world are on the verge of total annihilation due to disease. If they all die, shittons of plants we rely on for food will not get pollinated, and so will not produce new plants. That would be Very Bad.

Isn't this pretty much the prelude to The Happening? Let's get Mark Wahlberg on it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Tochiazuma posted:

Have you seen my owl? I've looked in every tree I can find around here...

Look down! Don't you know anything?!

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Don't you guys know anything?!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

substitute posted:

Don't you guys know anything?!

I thought it was "Christ on a CRUTCH"....

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Effingham posted:

I thought it was "Christ on a CRUTCH"....
This one is "jumping jesus on a pogo stick."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Strudel Man posted:

This one is "jumping jesus on a pogo stick."

As long as we don't go into Jesus loving Christ ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Soulex posted:

As long as we don't go into Jesus loving Christ ...

You mean this?
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/SBGB9IC.jpg:nws:

• Locked thread