Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

HelmetCheese posted:

Christ, what font is that attempting? Looks like some hideous thing you'd see in a children's book.
Hey, don't be so down on children's books. Webcomic, maybe. Possibly a YA novel :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Captain Trips posted:

It came from Deadspin:

Roll Tide, indeed.

Heh, "pledge of allegence". This thread would be a lot shorter if tattoo needles could somehow be equipped with spellcheckers.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
No, it wouldn't.

The artwork would still be awful.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Took me a while to figure out that the sideways cobra wasn't a fist popping out of a box to punch the wavy line next to it.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

HelmetCheese posted:

Christ, what font is that attempting? Looks like some hideous thing you'd see in a children's book.

Looks like Curlz MT, favourite of church newsletters and pet grooming salons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Aside from the text, this definitely wraps around from "so bad" to "I love it". Look at that fuckin cat.

Iucounu
May 12, 2007

My god.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Stottie Kyek posted:

Looks like Curlz MT, favourite of church newsletters and pet grooming salons.

I wonder how tasteless that typeface is compared to comic sans. Good call on the lovely church bulletins though, I remember my parents getting similar looking stuff.

Defnoops
Aug 25, 2006
Cheese is a kind of meat
An old friend's bad tattoo got worse. Much worse...

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Is there ANY actual tribal tradition anywhere that looks as lovely as white-guy tribal tattoos?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Sooo... is he planning on keeping his right pec shaven and nothing else?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Did he just take an existing tribal and then add on an ineptly done expansion, or is there another reason the tribal around the rose and cross on his arm looks different than the rest of it?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I was reading some older Slacktivist articles today and I stumbled on this.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

razorrozar posted:

Ehh this is kinda cool. It would be fine on a hella built dude, but it doesn't really work on a scrawny fucker like that.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
This lovely tramp stamp showed up on imgur's r/WTF earlier...

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Sorry, that one is too awesome for this thread.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
It's a neat idea executed very poorly.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Aerdan posted:

This lovely tramp stamp showed up on imgur's r/WTF earlier...

Not that well done but goddamm, it's an awesome idea and I love the concept.

I've met so many militant vegetarians/vegans that seeing something advertising a regular human diet is drat refreshing. Meat really is awesome enough to be celebrated by a tattoo.

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

razorrozar posted:

I feel like this is one of those tattoos that would work better as something like a tshirt. It's kind of a cool idea if it was done well but not something that someone should put on their body forever.

One of my ex's friends has a tattoo like that and unfortunately I can't find a picture of it, but apparently she's got what looks like a typical tribute portrait on her arm except it's of R2-D2 and the scroll underneath says "Beep Boop"

I mean, that's cute and kind of clever, but just...not something that should really be on your skin for eternity.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Gyges posted:

Did he just take an existing tribal and then add on an ineptly done expansion, or is there another reason the tribal around the rose and cross on his arm looks different than the rest of it?

Looks like he is trying to be maximum tattoo cliche. All he needs to get are nautical stars and a mustache.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

HelmetCheese posted:

Not that well done but goddamm, it's an awesome idea and I love the concept.

I've met so many militant vegetarians/vegans that seeing something advertising a regular human diet is drat refreshing. Meat really is awesome enough to be celebrated by a tattoo.

You've seriously never encountered the internet's meat obsession?

I've had the opposite experience actually. No vegetarians or vegans ever tried to make me into one of them (and there are a LOT of both around this area) but I do run into a lot of dudes going on about strawman vegans, and being all EVERYONE SHOULD EAT MEAT BECAUSE MEAT IS DELICIOUS, IF YOU DON'T EAT MEAT YOU ARE A TUMBLR human being etc.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I still cannot figure out when or why the bacon meme became popular.

BACONNNNN!!!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Based on a book I had as a kid and a quick googling of hieroglyphs, that says "tallcknjr."

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I have an acquaintance who has a giant tramp stamp that just says JESUS. In 'Old English' typeface.

I wish I had a picture, but he's currently awaiting trial for selling meth and heroin. Go get 'em, champ.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Crossposting from gamers.txt

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Her bracelets look like rainbow Twizzlers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just looking at that gives me back pain.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

quote:

I did matching snps on me and my friend. mine is an ellipsis, and his is orion’s belt.

why

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
I could never get Mass Effect's character creator to give me anything that wasn't sort of janky looking, so this one is pretty accurate.

If you want some fun, just google "Homestuck tattoo" and dive into a bottomless pool of future regret.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I have to admit, this one made me laugh. But having it on you forever...

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
It could be slightly passable if the person is actually named Dave. But this is Homestuck fandom, and he probably isn't.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I doubt that's even a guy

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

This is actually the creator of Homestuck btw

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

October Revolution posted:

...Okay, I was going to say that even the character in the comic who got this tattoo regrets it. That must be several layers of irony deep now for Hussie though.

uptown
May 16, 2009

:stonk: Shave your toes.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Did you know that some people that shoot heroin will insert their needle between their toes to hide their track marks?

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Star Man posted:

Did you know that some people that shoot heroin will insert their needle between their toes to hide their track marks?

No I never learned it because they closed the heroin thread and protected me from this critical piece of harm reduction information

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

October Revolution posted:

My god. I can't decide whether that makes it better or much, much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".
Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff is the pinnacle of un-humour. This tattoo is the pinnacle of un-taste.

• Locked thread