Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah, I just Bricklink'd the figures from that boat set.

e: also, the limo that came with the Palace Cinema was pretty bad, so I've tried to make it look a little more... Presidential.

(excuse the bad phone pic)

No, not this time, pal. I won't be excusing that pic. I'm done excusing these Crappy cell Phone pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No, not this time, pal. I won't be excusing that pic. I'm done excusing these Crappy cell Phone pics.

Oh god, no!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Commissioner Gordon's head on Guy Pearce from IM3's body.

Welp, time to go buy both of those sets.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Voodoo posted:

Echoing that the Delorean is actually a pretty build and I really really hope they do a full line (or even just two or three sets) of BTTF stuff.
I want a Lego BTTF videogame. I think they could make it translate pretty well.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

squarerandom posted:

Ah yeah, got Gordon from the bane vs batman DK set, one more reason to get the IM3 boat for the extra IM suit too!

Plus War Machine, which was basically the only reason I got that set although the boat turned out to be cool. Plus I like collecting my favorite actors in minifig form. Incidentally, is there a Russel Crowe out there besides Jor-El?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dogen posted:

Incidentally, is there a Russel Crowe out there besides Jor-El?

There is when you remove his head and stick it on a roman centurion.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Just in case anyone might be interested

http://chambana.craigslist.org/tag/3960600201.html

52lbs of legos. $400 obo in White Heath, IL

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Indolent Bastard posted:

Just in case anyone might be interested

http://chambana.craigslist.org/tag/3960600201.html

52lbs of legos. $400 obo in White Heath, IL

Oh god, I'm in Chambana until Wed, why are you showing me this!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Have you guys seen this?

http://shop.citizenbrick.com/Superlab-Playset-CB720570.htm

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Really is an amazing custom set, but for $250 I have no trouble looking away.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Karnegal posted:

Because I didn't want it?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Karnegal posted:

That's a mediocre deal. I had 64lb with lots of old Star Wars sets up at 7$/lb for a month and still didn't get any buyers. The only people who want to buy that much are generally resellers and they want it a lot cheaper, so I ended up splitting it up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I like this idea, even if the Ford Explorer could use some work.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ireladd posted:

Really is an amazing custom set, but for $250 I have no trouble looking away.

Yeah they have priced themselves out of a viable set I think, if the set was bigger or a collection of sets from the series (Winnebago and Los Pollos Hermanos restaurant) then maybe.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Screw it, I enlisted today, so I ordered me a Lego Sailor :3: I mean 2$ and I knew what it was instead of the grab bag, not a bad deal. And the brick link had a Woody from Toy Story, so I pulled the trigger on that too. Last Lego for a while.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

and while I figure out how to best retrofit my mechs so I can actually build them, I ignore all that and keep designing

Marine Detachment #3 - Model S4 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
drat, I thought this thread had died when one day I didn't find it on GBS. Anyhow I like lego but I'm a stingy bastard so instead I play with LDD.

The aesthetics of Total Annihilation I think work really well with lego, they have simple shapes so you can have a recognizable silhouette and then add details as you like. So here is the ARM Commander

Front

Back

D-Gun

All the joints are moving, but I have my doubts about hove sturdy they actually are.

Then something that is actually built, a Mechwarrior inspired mech. I really should grap it from home before my 2 nieces get they're hands on it.
It's old enough to walk at this point too :v:. Brickshelf link for more pictures.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
While the whole thing is pretty neat, what really boggles me is how many 6x6 tiles there are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ltdemartinet/9500095339/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zernach posted:

drat, I thought this thread had died when one day I didn't find it on GBS. Anyhow I like lego but I'm a stingy bastard so instead I play with LDD.

The aesthetics of Total Annihilation I think work really well with lego, they have simple shapes so you can have a recognizable silhouette and then add details as you like. So here is the ARM Commander

Front

Back

D-Gun

All the joints are moving, but I have my doubts about hove sturdy they actually are.

Then something that is actually built, a Mechwarrior inspired mech. I really should grap it from home before my 2 nieces get they're hands on it.
It's old enough to walk at this point too :v:. Brickshelf link for more pictures.

Awesome stuff! A note on LDD screenshots, you should definitely enable Outlines in the options menu, it makes the parts pop so much better.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

InfinEight posted:

While the whole thing is pretty neat, what really boggles me is how many 6x6 tiles there are.

Oh drat it's super subtle but he mixes (I think?) old grey and bley on the floor tiles so theres a pattern to it and

poo poo, man.

poo poo.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Sockser posted:

Oh drat it's super subtle but he mixes (I think?) old grey and bley on the floor tiles so theres a pattern to it and

poo poo, man.

poo poo.

6x6 tiles were never made in old grey, but there definitely seems to be a pattern so I think there is some variations in the pigment itself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Greys changed tone slightly when lego changed their production techniques a ways back, maybe that's where the alternate shades came from.

If I remember right, there are differences in the supply for bricks made in China that results in color variations.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

xzzy posted:

If I remember right, there are differences in the supply for bricks made in China that results in color variations.

Yellow bricks are the worst,the technic helicopter last year I had 3 different shades of yellow. The custom mini figures and a lot of the super hero minifigs are from china and the lower body of minifigs just feel different and the back of the feet are known to snap fairly easy.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

InfinEight posted:

I saw this at Brickworld Chicago; probably one of my favorite MOCs there. I love the translucent stud "lights" that run from the button to the door. And of course the robots are spot on. My wife flipped out about the companion cube, too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

I saw this at Brickworld Chicago; probably one of my favorite MOCs there. I love the translucent stud "lights" that run from the button to the door. And of course the robots are spot on. My wife flipped out about the companion cube, too.

I didn't get to see it up close because there were too many drat kids elbowing their way to the front and I got sick of trying to fight them. :smith:

(their parents weren't any better)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Finally got around to building the BttF set. It really is a neat little set. A lot of parts packed into a pretty compact little car, and lots of SNOT techniques for things like the bumpers and rear corners. I still think they could have figured out some better way to do the hood, although it looks better in reality than on the box. And the driver's location isn't centered on the steering wheel, which is always a peeve. And in an ideal world, there would be some connection between the roof and the A pillars.

Overall, a great set for $35, and a fun build.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Just saw this and thought it was pretty lovely:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=390348

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

InfinEight posted:

Just saw this and thought it was pretty lovely:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=390348

amazing. I love snow scenes

Argenteus
Mar 31, 2011
I'm selling my LEGO collection over in SA Mart if anyone is interested. Hit me up if you're interested or have any questions.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564876

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer
I spent the weekend building my Crawler. Probably one of my favourite Technic builds so far although i'm not sure how some of these builders can do it in 6+ hours, craziness! Also the sticker application was not nearly as offensive as I thought it would be.

Chassis is almost done. Wire routing was fun.

Bottom body panels installed!

Winch assembly and lights installed.

It lives!

I'm not sure if the cats appreciated it roaming the house but they didn't seem super terrified.

Conelrad fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 14, 2013

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is anyone going to be picking up the Ewok Village? $250 seems like a bit much to spend, but I'm also very cheap when it comes to these things. It's also a bit expensive in terms of price per piece.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Is anyone going to be picking up the Ewok Village? $250 seems like a bit much to spend, but I'm also very cheap when it comes to these things. It's also a bit expensive in terms of price per piece.

Star Wars has a huge license mark up that you don't see on most others, especially on LEGO internal licenses.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Plus its like a minifigure apocalypse.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Argenteus posted:

I'm selling my LEGO collection over in SA Mart if anyone is interested. Hit me up if you're interested or have any questions.

I'd be all over that except I'm a drat UK goon :(

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

obi_ant posted:

SynthOrange posted:

Plus its like a minifigure apocalypse.

If you (like me) don't care for the minifigures you can just get the set sans minifigures for much less from eBay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lofty132 posted:

I'd be all over that except I'm a drat UK goon :(

Car boot sales are your friend for Lego tubs like that. I've picked up numerous boxes of bricks/bits for a couple of quid a time.

Also, Charity shops are always worth a look. I picked up the Mobile Police Unit 7288 yesterday from Oxfam for £4.99. The box had been opened and retaped up, but it was still heavy and worth a gamble. When I got home and opened it, there was another 2 boxes inside, Police Motorcycle 7235 and Police Chase 3648. So I've got three complete boxed sets all for one low price! :D

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Argenteus posted:

Man I forgot about those Mega Blocks dinosaurs. I had a T-Rex. Tiny molded brick T-Rex arms :3:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

You know, in my head, those Mega Bloks dinosaurs looked a lot better than that.

Because man that looks like loving rear end.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo. Ghostbusters made 10,000 on Cuusoo!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo. Ghostbusters made 10,000 on Cuusoo!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36088

Please sell it and don't change a thing, lego. :pray:

Well, if they wanted to be nice they could paint the bricks for us and not use stickers, but we all know that's not happening.