Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

:allears: So great, such avatar potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

loving :lol:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I can never not confuse Zack Snyder, Brian Singer, and Brett Ratner.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Why is the text on the Bryan Singer issue pink?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did they get the guy who designed those lovely X-Men First Class posters to do these covers?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

Because Pon farr is never logical, Mr. Spock.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Weird, it's pink on my phone and purple-ish on my computer.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Corek posted:

I can never not confuse Zack Snyder, Brian Singer, and Brett Ratner.

The easy way to differentiate between them is Singer actually made something worthwhile once in The Usual Suspects.

Also, openly gay.

\/\/\/ This, too.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 28, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also, to be fair, Bryan Singer made all the good X-men movies. (X-men, X2, and First Class)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He didn't direct First Class.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yep. Singer produced First Class, but yeah, Matthew Vaughn directed it/wrote it.

Meanwhile, Singer is directing Days of Future Past, while Matthew Vaughn is producing it and helped write it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Singer did have a story credit for First Class.

Suzuki Method posted:

:allears: So great, such avatar potential

Brad should have been in Yo, Frankenstein. He would probably be more scarred too.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
So Quicksilver is in two upcoming movies being played by 2 different actors who where both in Kick rear end.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gonz posted:

Yep. Singer produced First Class, but yeah, Matthew Vaughn directed it/wrote it.

Oh, okay.

My point mostly stands re: the good X-men films vs the bad ones.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

He looks like he should be in one of the Kick-rear end movies

He was, actually.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1404239/

:v:

e: kinda beaten to the punch. And holy poo poo...I forgot Kick-rear end was playing Quicksilver in The Avengers 2. That's crazy.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 28, 2014

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Vagabundo posted:

The text on the covers for the "classic" X-Men movie characters is pink, and the First Class-era characters get blue. Singer got lumped in wih the first category, which makes sense I guess.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Here are all the Empire covers together in a single image:

http://i.imgur.com/6XVh8jA.jpg

Quicksilver isn't the only one that looks completely stupid.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's really funny to see the likes of Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender in this now.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's really funny to see the likes of Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender in this now.

I count four Oscar nominees and two winners in that image.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Slim Killington posted:

Thoughts:

- Havok, Toad, Quicksilver, Warpath, Sunspot, Blink: DON'T CARE
- Nice to see Rogue gets a magazine cover after being pretty much cut out of the movie
- Future Sentinel: What the gently caress
- Dinklage as Trask is great.
- A young Stryker? Do we really need to cover Stryker again?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I count four Oscar nominees and two winners in that image.

It's really easy to forget Halle Berry is an Academy Award winner, given what she's been up to.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

It's really easy to forget Halle Berry is an Academy Award winner, given what she's been up to.

Seriously.

Still very pumped for this movie, though.

edit: correction, five nominees and two winners, I forgot Jackman got nominated for Les Miserables.

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 28, 2014

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I have a lot of reservations about this movie, and First Class was my favorite superhero movie to-date.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

She also put up a very good performance in a WWE Studios film. No really. She was good in it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

She also put up a very good performance in a WWE Studios film. No really. She was good in it.

Really? I've only really seen one of the WWE movies in 2013 (Dead Man Down) because it seemed like the most batshit (and it was). I guess I'll have to check out No One Lives and The Call one of these days.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Really? I've only really seen one of the WWE movies in 2013 (Dead Man Down) because it seemed like the most batshit (and it was). I guess I'll have to check out No One Lives and The Call one of these days.

I heard wildly mixed things about The Call, but it's a Brad Anderson joint and I've liked most of what I've seen by him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He's hot and cold with me. I can't stand Session 9 but Transsiberian owns. The Machinist is just okay but I really like his Rapture movie for some reason.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Isn't Sunspot supposed to be Japanese?

Also the pink covers are definitely a lot easier to read. I still can't really read Havoc's name on his cover because the contrast is poo poo with light blue letters against a blue sky.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lotish posted:

Isn't Sunspot supposed to be Japanese?

Sunspot is Brazilian. Sunfire is Japanese.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I heard wildly mixed things about The Call, but it's a Brad Anderson joint and I've liked most of what I've seen by him.

The movie was meh, not my cup of tea but her performance was solid.

I'll never understand why when a leading actor or actress has a bomb they can't get cast in anything. I mean I'm sure at first it's a pride hit to take less money or not play a lead but when you work on a bomb, don't you want to build your name back up? Are major directors really saying, "Yeah, I could cast Berry/Clive Owen/Brody in my movie in a supporting role but... he sucked in this movie as the lead so nope"?

I remember when Ben Affleck appeared in Smokin Aces in pretty much a bit role where his character dies pretty early when at the start it seems like he'll be important and thinking it was genius because people will think he's the star of the movie and ends up certainly not. I doubt that would have happened if he was being casted in bigger films but in smaller roles.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I'll never understand why when a leading actor or actress has a bomb they can't get cast in anything. I mean I'm sure at first it's a pride hit to take less money or not play a lead but when you work on a bomb, don't you want to build your name back up? Are major directors really saying, "Yeah, I could cast Berry/Clive Owen/Brody in my movie in a supporting role but... he sucked in this movie as the lead so nope"?

I mean I'd think much of the time it's less of an artistic call and more of a financial one. Movie stars cost money and studios want a return on their investment. If an actor is seen as having lost large amounts of money for a studio in the past, that studio and others are gonna be less likely to foot the bill for them in the future. As for the "take smaller parts" thing, I don't think it's any big secret that the Hollywood system is made up almost entirely of people with enormous egos.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Adrien Brody is a great example of a guy who balled the gently caress out and took nothing but small, quirky roles after he won an Oscar. Predators notwithstanding.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

- Future Sentinel: What the gently caress

I think that's supposed to be Nimrod, the poorly named super-sentinel from the DoFP future. It could disguise itself as a human, so I'm guessing the "scales" are a sort of Transformers-esque design decision.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Um, read your bible, Nimrod is a cool name.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

My friend did some construction work on Adrien Brody's castle. True story.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Slim Killington posted:

Oh man, those actually make me feel sad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's all poo poo and I personally hate Bryan Singer (enjoyed Superman Returns tho). If you like him and X-men movies - hey cool.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Sunspot is Brazilian. Sunfire is Japanese.

Also, his power is all wrong. The guy is a solar-powered strongman that turns himself into a living Kirby Krackle whenever he uses that strength.

At least they got someone Latin to play him (Adan Canto is Mexican), although he's still reads as kinda a white dude.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I think that's supposed to be Nimrod, the poorly named super-sentinel from the DoFP future. It could disguise itself as a human, so I'm guessing the "scales" are a sort of Transformers-esque design decision.

What blows is that Nimrod is actually Rachel "Phoenix" Summers' nemesis from her continuation of Days Of Future Past. Not only do we not get Kitty Pryde going back in time, but there's no setup for her at all since both Cyclops and Phoenix are dead.

Um, read your bible, Nimrod is a cool name.

Yeah, he's named after Nimrod the hunter.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Young Freud posted:

What blows is that Nimrod is actually Rachel "Phoenix" Summers' nemesis from her continuation of Days Of Future Past. Not only do we not get Kitty Pryde going back in time, but there's no setup for her at all since both Cyclops and Phoenix are dead.

Yeah but the whole Rachel Summers storyline was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Oh man, those actually make me feel sad.
If only the temple or whatever in this movie actually existed and we could send our 90s minds to our bodies today. Everyone would love it.