Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
"Knock knock"

"Who's there"

"George"

"George who"

Punchline is comming soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Arbite posted:

:laugh: that happened? What was the fallout?

Yeah, it definitely happened. TVIV is full of some very dumb people.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I'd make a nerd joke and call them "the unspoilered", but nobody would pay for an army of TVIV posters so...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The mod of TVIV preferred things to be young and fresh, not old and spoiled.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Jeffrey posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo :drat:

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Anders posted:

Punchline is comming soon

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE WALL

No, okay, the punchline is already half-written, see? You'll have it in like a year, tops! Promise!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jeffrey posted:

:golfclap: :master: :golfclap:

There's at least three levels of joke in there. Seriously Jeffrey. Well done.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Jeffrey posted:

Holy gently caress

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What do you think GRRM feels on an average day? Great joy at all his wealth and fame? Crippling fear that he cannot write anymore? Glazed sugar coma?

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I like the theory that he's stuck writing himself up a lot of blind alleyways. As a writer he seems to have a pretty general idea of where the plot is headed, but on a page-to-page level he writes from a perspective of "what would it make sense for this character for these motivations to do/attempt". Which is great for writing compelling characters and complex plotlines (because everyone naturally starts bumping heads with each other following their own objectives) but becomes geometrically more difficult to write the more characters and objectives you add.

ASoIaF is now a huge world, with thousands of characters. A close page-by-page analysis like that done by the huis clos guy suggests that it's not quite all smoke and mirrors, he really tries to include all the little wheels turning against each other. So now when he starts writing a chapter and seeing where it takes him he might get all the way through it, discover it doesn't make sense from someone else's perspective, scrap it and start again. Over and over and over.

This is assuming of course that he still is enjoying writing for the sake of writing. I suspect from the volume and detail of the work so far he really does enjoy getting lost inventing his fantasy armoured barbiedolls and making them kiss, so I lean heavily on him getting stuck in the process rather than abandoning it.

Having said that, him having gotten completely sick of the project and given up is also pretty likely.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fargo Fukes posted:

Having said that, him having gotten completely sick of the project and given up is also pretty likely.

It's us. The true fans. We did it.

The thread was a success. :iamafag:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Jeffrey posted:

drat loving hellshit good one.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
There's some funny stuff about Game of Thrones and spoiling the unsullied on the latest Community episode.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

George RR Martin wakes up at 6 AM every day and spends the next 14 hours rewriting chapters over and over. The book was finished years ago, but it wasn't good enough. It's never good enough. It has to be perfect.

Elman fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 5, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

Write Littlefinger as Pierce Pratchett from L.A. Confidential.

I thought about how Pratchett "cut his girls" to look like famous celebrities. And then for some reason that, plus my chapter assignment (if I remember right, and I haven't checked in with the google group to find the chapter summaries so) being a gay guy gets turned straight for some reason. This is what I came up with:

INT -MUNK'S MEADHALL- NIGHT

GAIRE and JORGE are enjoying a platter of sandwiches and cups of mead.

JORGE-So I'm with Krager and he just has to pop in to Newfinger's to borrow a grimoire. We must have caught him by surprise because he had one of his, uh, workers up on a table, unconscious. I believe she's the one they call Shelty. And I can't believe this is happening but he's cutting her face off.

GAIRE-Her face off?

J-Face/off!

G-What'd he do with the face!?

J-I don't remember but she was easily the ugliest whore I've ever seen, ugliest one in his stable by far so I can't think of what he'd want it for.

G-Why do they call it a stable? I mean it's not like they're horses. Frankly, the sexual aspect of it, combined with the horses is a little off-putting. Reminds me of the Mad Queen. *shudders*

J-That never happened, it's an old fishwive's tale. Not physically possible, not even remotely. To try a thing like that you'd have to be--

G-Mad?

J-*shudders* Like the Lolland Tunnel.

G-*sips drink* So back to Newfinger's place, what did it look like, you know, under there.

J-Not a whole lot worse. But here's where it starts getting weird.

G-Starts. ~sarcastically~

J-Newfinger, well you know, he's a big man.

G-A fat fat fat man.

J-He's got some girth. And so Newfinger, he waddles off to the corner of the chamber and squats like he's going to poo poo. Hikes up his robe and starts grunting and trembling and sweating.

G-*rolls eyes*

J-Gaire, it's like he's burning up with something and shivering at the same time, his belly was heaving and gyrating hypnotically. It was amazing. And all of a sudden, out of his arse comes this blinding black light.

G-Black light!?

J-Black light, Gaire. Shining out in all directions like a dark star.

G-Kind of the way I pictured Newfinger's arsehole actully.

J-May I continue?

G-*sips drink*

J-So out of this blinding darkness comes a ball of blackness that falls from his arse onto the floor. Makes kind of a splot noise. Or maybe a splut. And this blackness all of a sudden is groing legs and arms, Gaire!

G-*stares*

J-And now it's walking along the floor and it's headed back towards the table with the girl, and Lord Krager and me. I was terrified, and Krager was trembling like he does but moreso.

G-Jorge I'm beginning to have some doubts about this, but please continue.

J-And he climbs up one of the table legs, walks right up and sits on the girl's face.

G-You mean where her face... used to be. That seems very unsanitary.

J-And this is where it gets even weirder. There's another flash of black light, fills the room, all you can see is black at this point. And as it subsides the little poo poo man is gone, Gaire.

G-Gone, where?

J-The little man is gone and Shelty's face is back on! But not like it was, oh ho ho noo. She is gorgeous Gaire. Drop dead most stunningly beautiful face I've ever seen.

G-Interesting.

J-And this is where it gets... well you know how Krager and Newfinger are a uh, a uh...

G-Incredibly gay for each other?

J-Well I wasn't going to say it like that but. Krager all of a sudden is struck by the notion that that was his baby, and he's horrified by it, repulsed by what he put in Newfinger. Gaire, I think he may have switched teams from seeing that.

G-No.

J-I know.

G-The switch, no one's ever successfully performed the switch. Never been done. Can't be done.

J-I know, but this happened. And this Gaire, this is where it gets...

G-Jorge. *twirls finger*

J-I think now that he's gone to the other side, Krager is smitten with Shelty.

G-I definitely smell some smit in here.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Even if he can match the five years it took to write Dance, HBO is either going to have to get a draft of Winds before it is published or start writing their own material in 2016.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
mom: "OK, you have been watching Game of Thrones, right?"
me: yes
mom: "So remember Don Snow.. the guy in the cold?"
me: indeed
mom: "The girl he captures is the actress from Downton Abbey!"
me: love you mom

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

sunday at work posted:

Even if he can match the five years it took to write Dance, HBO is either going to have to get a draft of Winds before it is published or start writing their own material in 2016.

HBO has pretty much just used the books for reference material and just done their own thing since the beginning though. I started reading the books after season 3, and about half of A Clash of Kings was like reading an entirely new story.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

kcroy posted:

You're not very smart, are you Don Snow?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ulvir posted:

HBO has pretty much just used the books for reference material and just done their own thing since the beginning though. I started reading the books after season 3, and about half of A Clash of Kings was like reading an entirely new story.

That's because HBO can't possibly fit all the minor details of houses and armies and smallfolk that truly flesh out the world, give a sense of scale and weight to the politics, and broaden the scope beyond a few lovingly crafted sets. They do their own thing because there's literally no other choice.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

kcroy posted:

http://colinjost.com/player.php?id=11

Always a classic.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

sunday at work posted:

HBO knows the broad strokes regarding where the story is going, including how it all ends.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kcroy posted:

Tell her that Bobert Baratheon gets his fat arse out in the Full Monty

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

syscall girl posted:

I thought about how Pratchett "cut his girls" to look like famous celebrities. And then for some reason that, plus my chapter assignment (if I remember right, and I haven't checked in with the google group to find the chapter summaries so) being a gay guy gets turned straight for some reason. This is what I came up with:

INT -MUNK'S MEADHALL- NIGHT

GAIRE and JORGE are enjoying a platter of sandwiches and cups of mead.

JORGE-So I'm with Krager and he just has to pop in to Newfinger's to borrow a grimoire. We must have caught him by surprise because he had one of his, uh, workers up on a table, unconscious. I believe she's the one they call Shelty. And I can't believe this is happening but he's cutting her face off.

GAIRE-Her face off?

J-Face/off!

G-What'd he do with the face!?

J-I don't remember but she was easily the ugliest whore I've ever seen, ugliest one in his stable by far so I can't think of what he'd want it for.

G-Why do they call it a stable? I mean it's not like they're horses. Frankly, the sexual aspect of it, combined with the horses is a little off-putting. Reminds me of the Mad Queen. *shudders*

J-That never happened, it's an old fishwive's tale. Not physically possible, not even remotely. To try a thing like that you'd have to be--

G-Mad?

J-*shudders* Like the Lolland Tunnel.

G-*sips drink* So back to Newfinger's place, what did it look like, you know, under there.

J-Not a whole lot worse. But here's where it starts getting weird.

G-Starts. ~sarcastically~

J-Newfinger, well you know, he's a big man.

G-A fat fat fat man.

J-He's got some girth. And so Newfinger, he waddles off to the corner of the chamber and squats like he's going to poo poo. Hikes up his robe and starts grunting and trembling and sweating.

G-*rolls eyes*

J-Gaire, it's like he's burning up with something and shivering at the same time, his belly was heaving and gyrating hypnotically. It was amazing. And all of a sudden, out of his arse comes this blinding black light.

G-Black light!?

J-Black light, Gaire. Shining out in all directions like a dark star.

G-Kind of the way I pictured Newfinger's arsehole actully.

J-May I continue?

G-*sips drink*

J-So out of this blinding darkness comes a ball of blackness that falls from his arse onto the floor. Makes kind of a splot noise. Or maybe a splut. And this blackness all of a sudden is groing legs and arms, Gaire!

G-*stares*

J-And now it's walking along the floor and it's headed back towards the table with the girl, and Lord Krager and me. I was terrified, and Krager was trembling like he does but moreso.

G-Jorge I'm beginning to have some doubts about this, but please continue.

J-And he climbs up one of the table legs, walks right up and sits on the girl's face.

G-You mean where her face... used to be. That seems very unsanitary.

J-And this is where it gets even weirder. There's another flash of black light, fills the room, all you can see is black at this point. And as it subsides the little poo poo man is gone, Gaire.

G-Gone, where?

J-The little man is gone and Shelty's face is back on! But not like it was, oh ho ho noo. She is gorgeous Gaire. Drop dead most stunningly beautiful face I've ever seen.

G-Interesting.

J-And this is where it gets... well you know how Krager and Newfinger are a uh, a uh...

G-Incredibly gay for each other?

J-Well I wasn't going to say it like that but. Krager all of a sudden is struck by the notion that that was his baby, and he's horrified by it, repulsed by what he put in Newfinger. Gaire, I think he may have switched teams from seeing that.

G-No.

J-I know.

G-The switch, no one's ever successfully performed the switch. Never been done. Can't be done.

J-I know, but this happened. And this Gaire, this is where it gets...

G-Jorge. *twirls finger*

J-I think now that he's gone to the other side, Krager is smitten with Shelty.

G-I definitely smell some smit in here.

I kind of love you.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Also in the most Littlefinger thing I think I've done I was messaging a chick tonight about games and books and she started flirting and telling me she really likes being ordered around. So I said go suck three dicks this weekend. She said okay, what should I wear.

I felt like twirling my pedostache and speaking with a faux-irish accent.
(yes I know it was probably a dude, okay)

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

SaviourX posted:

Also in the most Littlefinger thing I think I've done I was messaging a chick tonight about games and books and she started flirting and telling me she really likes being ordered around. So I said go suck three dicks this weekend. She said okay, what should I wear.

Oh?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

SaviourX posted:

That was me actually.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aurain posted:

Tell her that Bobert Baratheon gets his fat arse out in the Full Monty

it devolved into a discussion about downton abbey, and how people aren't familiar enough with the surrounding history and won't get lots of jokes they make. ( insert examples that I don't remember ).

We then got into an argument about the timeline, and how the brownshirts will get brought into the new season by uh kidnapping the journalist who moves to germany to marry bignose girl who likes older men. I guess I'm basically like my mom - I cant remember those fuckers names any better than she can remember GOT's.

Anyway, I didn't realize Hitler was active so early politically - I always think of him in 1933 with the takeover of the govt. by 1922 ( this last downtown season ) poo poo is already going down, and by 1923 ( next season ) we have the Beer Hall Putsch. a name I had to look up on wikipedia, and was please to know stuck in my brain from high school history class somehow.

My mom also really likes harry potter. she used to have the most amazing theories about where the series was going. They had a deranged, 9-11 conspiracy vibe to them. She also somehow called that dumbledore was gay. so who knows, sometimes she nails that poo poo.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

kcroy posted:

it devolved into a discussion about downton abbey, and how people aren't familiar enough with the surrounding history and won't get lots of jokes they make. ( insert examples that I don't remember ).

We then got into an argument about the timeline, and how the brownshirts will get brought into the new season by uh kidnapping the journalist who moves to germany to marry bignose girl who likes older men. I guess I'm basically like my mom - I cant remember those fuckers names any better than she can remember GOT's.

Anyway, I didn't realize Hitler was active so early politically - I always think of him in 1933 with the takeover of the govt. by 1922 ( this last downtown season ) poo poo is already going down, and by 1923 ( next season ) we have the Beer Hall Putsch. a name I had to look up on wikipedia, and was please to know stuck in my brain from high school history class somehow.

My mom also really likes harry potter. she used to have the most amazing theories about where the series was going. They had a deranged, 9-11 conspiracy vibe to them. She also somehow called that dumbledore was gay. so who knows, sometimes she nails that poo poo.

Are you my sister or my doppelganger? You just described my own mother, who was absolutely convinced whatsherface and her boyfriend were going to get mixed up in the early Nazi movement. I had to hold my tongue because (Downton Abbey spoilers for anyone here who cares) Gregson (The journalist) goes to Germany and just disappears- it's implied that he's been murdered by Brownshirts.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

kcroy posted:

My mom also really likes harry potter. she used to have the most amazing theories about where the series was going. They had a deranged, 9-11 conspiracy vibe to them.

You can't just tease us like that, share some of the theories.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Ask your mother if she would like write a chapter to A Clash of Kinks. The project could really use her expertise.

g r r nasty
Dec 19, 2013

by Red Star Baldgreg
someone asked grrm why the winters are long, and he said "magic," unaware that by stating it he's removed all the magic. now tha'ts irony

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The winters were long before the dragons came back and revived magic too.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'll take a chapter if someone in charge will assign one.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That was me actually.

*wipes at your lips with monogrammed tissue*

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

redshirt posted:

I'll take a chapter if someone in charge will assign one.

"21. Sensa[SEX]
Jeffrey storms in and yells at Sensa because Autumnfall is marching south for war and informs her of how the details of how they crossed Lord Wootler Ruckus's bridge. Sensa is clueless and informs Jeffrey she's been locked in the tower for months with only news she is given. She promises her future husband that she is loyal to him and will do anything to prove it. With that, she puts on the makeup and clown nose, but Jeffrey suggests they try something NEW."

Gope like the pope!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Someone I know named their dog khaleesi. God. drat. It.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SaviourX posted:

"21. Sensa[SEX]
Jeffrey storms in and yells at Sensa because Autumnfall is marching south for war and informs her of how the details of how they crossed Lord Wootler Ruckus's bridge. Sensa is clueless and informs Jeffrey she's been locked in the tower for months with only news she is given. She promises her future husband that she is loyal to him and will do anything to prove it. With that, she puts on the makeup and clown nose, but Jeffrey suggests they try something NEW."

Gope like the pope!

Roger! When's the due date?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

SaviourX posted:

Get at me at username at gmail, we've got a google group that's languishing. Arbite's in on it too, but his Brendan chapters are mostly done!

Also anything I write now will mostly be full of Wolf of Wall Street type poo poo.

Double also, anyone that participates I will totally and non-A_H acutually consensually blow you, just whip them dicks out, soap em up, and gobble gobble!

I whipped it out, yet I'm still distressingly dry in my nethers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I was just trying to look up A Game of Bones to show a friend and saw the latest review for it.

"There is nothing good about this book; it's amazing, but there's nothing good. I don't feel like writing a giant review for what was a porn parody of Game of Thrones; needless to say, there's some weirdly well written parts, some downright embarrassing jokes, and I finally got a use for the highlight function in my kindle, so I will always have access to some of the most gross, awful, hilariously written pieces of smut I've ever seen in my life."

I feel like there is no better compliment for those who wrote it. Well done.