Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ymgve posted:

Oh cool they got Lisbeth Salander in this game

Are we not allowed to have techie women with tattoos anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ymgve posted:

Where? Is she standing behind Discount Christy Mac?

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

Crappy Jack posted:

The similarity is made obvious with her accent. Not that i'm complaining.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Triggsz posted:

The similarity is made obvious with her accent. Not that i'm complaining.

Lisbeth has a Quebecois accent?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Where? Is she standing behind Discount Christy Mac?

Ok, so I am not the only one who thought that then.

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

Gamesguy posted:

Lisbeth has a Quebecois accent?

Not familiar with Quebecois accents. But it made me think of Noomi in Prometheus and Fincher's version of Salander. Call me crazy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Triggsz posted:

Not familiar with Quebecois accents. But it made me think of Noomi in Prometheus and Fincher's version of Salander. Call me crazy.

It's like French but with more English words.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Aphrodite posted:

It's like French but with more English words.

And shouting.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok, so I am not the only one who thought that then.

He spelled it wrong though her last name is Mack with a k.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
No because she's the dollar store version, remember?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So this game won't have a full-fledged co-op campaign a la Saints Row 4, right? It's just an online sand-box like GTA + arena multiplayer + Dark Souls invasions? Because that would pretty much determine which platform I get this for.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So this game won't have a full-fledged co-op campaign a la Saints Row 4, right? It's just an online sand-box like GTA + arena multiplayer + Dark Souls invasions? Because that would pretty much determine which platform I get this for.

Sounds about right.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I don't know why, but personally that rob zombie lookalike 90s style "hacker" annoys the piss out of me.

The recent videos of this have been bit of a turn off.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

xutech posted:

I don't know why, but personally that rob zombie lookalike 90s style "hacker" annoys the piss out of me.

He's not a hacker, only main character/girl are hackers. Everyone else is "fixers/crimelords/old freedom fighters".

I find it more amusing that the character trailer spoils chunks of the games plot if you actually pay attention. Good job Ubisoft!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Rookersh posted:

He's not a hacker, only main character/girl are hackers. Everyone else is "fixers/crimelords/old freedom fighters".

I find it more amusing that the character trailer spoils chunks of the games plot if you actually pay attention. Good job Ubisoft!

Why do you care for a plot in a game where in which you will spend 80+ hours terrorizing pedestrians with the mexican taco stand?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

xutech posted:

He'll also be a playable character with his own add-on DLC campaign as well. He's less of a hacker, though, and more of a tinfoil hat, Down With The System type. There were a lot of explosions in the trailer for his campaign.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ymgve posted:

Why is this bad?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If you are expecting this game to have a good story, I would like to introduce you to basically every Ubisoft game made since Beyond Good and Evil.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 12, 2014

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Blood Dragon had the best story of 2013.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

xutech posted:

He reminds me a lot of a guy I know IRL. Not sure what you have against Rob Zombie though.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

1stGear posted:

If you are expecting this game to have a good story, I would like to introduce you to basically every Ubisoft game made since Beyond Good and Evil.

I really don't expect any videogames these days that don't have Chris Avellone as the head writer to have anything beyond a barely passable story so that's fine with me.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Yeah, I've already set myself up to expect nothing better than "YOU STOPPED THE BAD GUYS, AIDEN! LEMME CHECK YOUR MORALITY BAR TO SEE IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU OR NOT AND SHOW YOU THE GOOD OR BAD ENDING".

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, I've already set myself up to expect nothing better than "YOU STOPPED THE BAD GUYS, AIDEN! LEMME CHECK YOUR MORALITY BAR TO SEE IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU OR NOT AND SHOW YOU THE GOOD OR BAD ENDING".

They're going to use the ending from TRON; just replace 'Master Control Program' with 'CTOS.'

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
Considering that Watch Dogs is a Ubisoft game trying to get a ~message~ across, I expect it to think it's way smarter than it actually is, and I expect the plot to basically boil down to watching the writers masturbate for several hours while we get to play missions that entirely miss the point of why the game is fun in the first place.

Don't forget locking down all the fun stuff behind said tedious missions.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Moartoast posted:

Considering that Watch Dogs is a Ubisoft game trying to get a ~message~ across, I expect it to think it's way smarter than it actually is, and I expect the plot to basically boil down to watching the writers masturbate for several hours while we get to play missions that entirely miss the point of why the game is fun in the first place.

Don't forget locking down all the fun stuff behind said tedious missions.

Writers can masturbate as long as they want if the game is fun and a silly hacking simulator where I can run around being a dick to people because ~hacking~.

That should be the story - Aiden is a dick and the entire game is him justifying being a dick to people via ~hacking~.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

However grimdark and serious the game's storyline is going to be, let's not forget that there are upgradable spider robots. So at least they're aware that we're gonna want crazy explosions and stuff.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

It's a pretty awful cliche at this point.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Gunder posted:

It's a pretty awful cliche at this point.

Yeah, but so are quests for vengeance, and super tech hackers who can shut down the power grid wirelessly, and uncovering massive conspiracies, and a lone vigilante striking back, and really this whole game is 90's Hacker Movie: The Game. I consider it part of the charm of embracing its genre that they have the prerequisite geeky alternative hacker chick with tattoos. It'd be a crime NOT to have that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

xutech posted:

When told to get a haircut, a man chooses. A slave obeys.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

FInally got around to watching those vids the one guy posted. The game looks like it'll be a lot of fun. :yayclod:

Can you switch out of the weird coat thing he wears? It's got that pattern on the back and looks kinda dumb.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

WindmillSlayer posted:

FInally got around to watching those vids the one guy posted. The game looks like it'll be a lot of fun. :yayclod:

Can you switch out of the weird coat thing he wears? It's got that pattern on the back and looks kinda dumb.

It's been confirmed that while Aiden's model won't change (you'll always be wearing a coat shaped like that and buttoned the same way), you can change your clothes, including new pants, shirts, coats, and hats. I don't know if they're individual items you can buy or if it's like palette sets and that, but you can change his look, just so long as you're okay with that look always involving some kind of long coat and baseball cap.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Crappy Jack posted:

It's been confirmed that while Aiden's model won't change (you'll always be wearing a coat shaped like that and buttoned the same way), you can change your clothes, including new pants, shirts, coats, and hats.

Awesome. I spend way to long playing dress up in video games but drat if I don't love doing it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Crappy Jack posted:

It's been confirmed that while Aiden's model won't change (you'll always be wearing a coat shaped like that and buttoned the same way), you can change your clothes, including new pants, shirts, coats, and hats. I don't know if they're individual items you can buy or if it's like palette sets and that, but you can change his look, just so long as you're okay with that look always involving some kind of long coat and baseball cap.

They're individual items you can buy or unlock, and it goes a little further than palette sets; the textures actually change, as do the types of hat and gloves that Aiden's wearing. If you change into a parka or trenchcoat, it looks different when it gets wet than it does when he's wearing the default leather jacket.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Crappy Jack posted:

90's Hacker Movie: The Game

Which means she's a ripoff not of Salander but of Invisigoth from that one X-Files episode.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Wanderer posted:

They're individual items you can buy or unlock, and it goes a little further than palette sets; the textures actually change, as do the types of hat and gloves that Aiden's wearing. If you change into a parka or trenchcoat, it looks different when it gets wet than it does when he's wearing the default leather jacket.

:hawaaaafap:

I do love me some dressup.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Dolly dressup is the best part of RPGS

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Triggsz posted:

Not familiar with Quebecois accents.

You know how some French speakers sound sexy when they talk and others sound like fuckin goofs? Quebecois are the latter.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

From what they were saying last year it's not even that - the game has the same ending and storyline regardless of your morality. It only affects the gameplay itself.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

GUI posted:

From what they were saying last year it's not even that - the game has the same ending and storyline regardless of your morality. It only affects the gameplay itself.
From some of those early videos, it seems like the morality system is basically limited to slightly influencing the random number generator that decides whether someone calls the cops on you or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
It's an open world game, anyway. Those almost never have morality systems worth considering, since your actions in game are going to be totally unrelated to your cutscene morality. Call it the GTA 4 effect.

• Locked thread