Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
If you unzipped my pants, you would only find more pants.
My cat is absolutely terrified of the rabbits after one kicked him in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.
I think if you have two young cats you should focus on them more than getting ANOTHER pet - especially one that is high maintenance. You are definitely making the right decision. Two young cats should be enough to really keep you busy - adding a bunny to that seems like a bit much.

boberteatskitten
Jan 30, 2013

Do not put rocks in brain.
Bun lady adopted my shoes as friends. She separated them and laid down between them, and now she and her sister take turns grooming the shoes.

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Acnamino MR 100mg Capsules
My housemate snapped this incredible mid-hop of Karl.

And bonus George not giving a poo poo about being rained on. It was all sunshine and then POW sudden rain. Ran to get him in and he's like 'naw'.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

I lost my Debbie about two weeks ago, she was almost 9 :( Even though I said I wanted to wait, I keep browsing for adoptable rabbits. I hate going into her room and seeing it empty. Originally I was hoping to get a bonded pair because two is better than one, right? But, it seems that everyone who has two is basically a slave to the rabbits and not much more. I kind of want my new bunnies to want to interact with me since that is one of the things I enjoyed most with my last two. Please tell me that there is hope for me to find a bonded pair that will enjoy my company!

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

It really depends on the buns in question. We have seven now - two bonded pairs and a trio - and each of them varies in how affectionate they are with us. Hell, they even have their own preferences in people. Sapphire for some reason loves me and will always come over for pets but she won't let anyone else barely touch her.

There is definitely a shot you can find a bonded pair that are nuts about you though. :) Rescues will always be able to tell you the best though.

boberteatskitten
Jan 30, 2013

Ours take turns liking us, which means there's usually one bun who is willing to play or take pets. Double the fun?

Also, flop on camera at last:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Windy posted:

I lost my Debbie about two weeks ago, she was almost 9 :( Even though I said I wanted to wait, I keep browsing for adoptable rabbits. I hate going into her room and seeing it empty. Originally I was hoping to get a bonded pair because two is better than one, right? But, it seems that everyone who has two is basically a slave to the rabbits and not much more. I kind of want my new bunnies to want to interact with me since that is one of the things I enjoyed most with my last two. Please tell me that there is hope for me to find a bonded pair that will enjoy my company!

Sorry for your bun loss. When we had three only one of them liked us a lot, she was the unbonded one as she hated the other two. Of the bonded pair one liked us the other one hates us. We lost lost both the bunnies that liked us and that left of with the one who doesn't care for us at all.

So we feed her and she eats the food and then flicks her feet at us as if to say "gently caress off" and that's all.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Windy posted:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. When I had a bonded pair with my ex, one loved her the other kind of liked me.

MrConfusedTurkey
Dec 14, 2013

Do you guys have any suggestions on toys your buns really like? Mine tore his favorite up and when I went to gives him treats, he picked it up to toss it and just stared at me like "yes I need another, slave". But there are so many options.

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Cardboard boxes. We get a decent sized box and cut two holes in and they will spend a good amount of time customising and then destroying Fort Bun.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Phone book.

Oh, and barriers that prevent them from going into places they are not allowed. They love playing with and destroying those!

GAYS FOR DAYS fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 20, 2014

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Cardboard and paper are about the only entertainment my bunnies seem to care for. I like to make a temporary toy every now and then just by taking a small handful of pellets and crumpling them up in a fairly large ball of packing paper. It takes a few seconds to make and lasts for at least a few minutes of entertainment.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

was about to post cardboard boxes and phone books. I looooooved making cardboard castles for my bunnies and watching them move and arrange them :D

boberteatskitten
Jan 30, 2013

We have had some success with a plastic slinky with one end wrapped around a NIC square or a stick or something to anchor it and let it dangle. It's pretty hilarious when they play with it, but they (obviously?) like playing with their cardboard better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My buns liked anything they could pick up in their teeth and toss around. Light metal trays were popular. As were dinner glasses, which you'd really thing would be too heavy.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I bought this wicker type ball a on saturday. By monday it was destroyed. I'm taking that to mean that she liked it.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
Update on Boston (cat) and Olive (bunny)'s cohabitation process, in vine form.

It's going very well!

Boston is a little scared of her...

Thanks for the advice earlier in the thread. :)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

That's awesome, good luck on the progress continuing.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

I got woken this morning by our bun sneaking into bed and licking my fingertips. Bunnies are wierd.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Let my Fuzzball, known to police as Harriet, frolic in my parents garden for a bit because it's secure and nice out. Harriet decided that she really wanted to work on her breaststroke and took a running leap into the pond after about an hour of eating my Mom's ferns. I never expected post-surgical care for me would involve be a lagomorphic lifeguard, but hey, there's always a first time for anything.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Let my Fuzzball, known to police as Harriet, frolic in my parents garden for a bit because it's secure and nice out. Harriet decided that she really wanted to work on her breaststroke and took a running leap into the pond after about an hour of eating my Mom's ferns. I never expected post-surgical care for me would involve be a lagomorphic lifeguard, but hey, there's always a first time for anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_rabbit_incident

Karandras posted:

I got woken this morning by our bun sneaking into bed and licking my fingertips. Bunnies are wierd.

Start getting concerned now. Today he's licking your fingers, tomorrow he could be going for your jugular.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

This is a picture of Cilantro's cecal-crusted foot, which has been plaguing us and her for the last 4 months or so. She originally started off with her bottom getting gunked up with cecal sludge but that cleared up with some antibiotics and Reglan. Now we're dealing with this.

I've seen it happen in action: she seems to pass a cecal then hop around trying to find it to eat it rather than eat it from the source. In this process, she inevitably smooshes her right foot into it and either smears it on the hardwood floor or grinds it into her carpet.

I'm starting to think she might be having some arthritis issues and maybe she's not flexible enough to reach them like she used to. :smith:

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 27, 2014

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

grack posted:

Start getting concerned now. Today he's licking your fingers, tomorrow he could be going for your jugular.

Again this morning I was woken by him licking the pillow next to my head. He did it for 3+ minutes as well and this is a bunny with an attention span of about 10s for everything that isn't eating.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Bunnies can get fixated on grooming stuff. Generally really weird stuff. One of my bunnies loving *loved* a throw pillow we had and would groom it every chance she got.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I always wondered what was so fascinating about the legs of a wheely chair.

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

A rescue near us today put up this, trying to rehome the rabbit in question.

:ughh:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm not seeing it, whatever it is.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not seeing it, whatever it is.

The eye.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wait, that's not just weird lighting? Did they photoshop its eye or something?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like an anime eye.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Jesus. I'll take it. It's adorable.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Operation Juicebox posted:

A rescue near us today put up this, trying to rehome the rabbit in question.

:ughh:

Bunny cuteness is directly related to how evil they are. Based on this picture, I would have to assume that bunny has done terrible, terrible things. Like, war crime terrible.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wait, that's not just weird lighting? Did they photoshop its eye or something?

It's probably reflecting blue from the blanket.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

grack posted:

Bunny cuteness is directly related to how evil they are. Based on this picture, I would have to assume that bunny has done terrible, terrible things. Like, war crime terrible.

At first it was cute when my bunny jumped on my face in the middle of the night. Now I think she's trying to suffocate me in my sleep. When that didn't work she tried to poison me.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

grack posted:

:allears:

no I'm actually laughing way harder than someone should be.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

grack posted:

It's probably reflecting blue from the blanket.

It might be heterochromic. My remaining bunny has blue eyes.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
http://www.newslinq.com/bunny-shaming/

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
Blurry cell phone bunny photo! (I don't own a camera)

You can see where she destroyed my carpet.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JULIAN ASSANGE posted:

Blurry cell phone bunny photo! (I don't own a camera)

You can see where she destroyed my carpet.

Your bunny has a better hairstyle than I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:

Volume posted:

Your bunny has a better hairstyle than I do.

She looks like David Bowie in Labyrinth. :3: (also I just figured out how to get the photos off of my cell camera properly)

JULIAN ASSANGE fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 4, 2014