Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Haystack posted:

Iph's kid should be Dum-Dum :v:

Rutabaga. Tater. Parsnip. I see tubers in this kids future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Plumbeus. It's Latin for dumb/stupid :3:

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
I visited some more rural parts of Europe, including Wales. There were lambs everywhere, and it made me think of this thread. :kimchi:

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Haystack posted:

Iph's kid should be Dum-Dum :v:

Or Goober!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

It was very hard to get pictures of this baby because she spends 90% of her time trying to suckle on my legs.

Nope, that's not milk either.

Tootsie's kid was busy doing some goat parkour while looking very serious.

What is your face even doing?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Oh my god that curly little beard! :3:

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
Much as I love the idea of calling Dumbaby II Antigone, I'm not sure it's very fortuitous to name her after a tragic figure.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

GabrielAisling posted:

Much as I love the idea of calling Dumbaby II Antigone, I'm not sure it's very fortuitous to name her after a tragic figure.

I suggested it because Ismene was the sensible sister whereas Antigone was hot-headed, brash and got lost her life for the purpose of burying her dead brother. I hated that loving play.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

High five "I have to write an essay about this bitch???" buddy

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

It's been too long since I've shown off the ships.

Panzer with his go go boots and concerned eyebrows.

He and Minerva will be a month old tomorrow.

Minnie who has All The Ears.

Eatin' a grass.

Weebs having a siesta.

Babby lamb nap spot (there are 5 hiding here).

Its a hard life.

She's got her mom's :\ face.

If this little guy turns out well an Amish guy wants him as a breeding ram.

Keep those horns straight and unbroken little man!

Olive the Adventure Lamb.

Orchid who is sweet and quiet and gentle.

Weebles is a strapping young man even if he walks around like he's drunk all the time.

My grown girlies are all naked now.
Dahlia

She's mad that flies can bite her now.

Daisy

Bramble looking like a fine young ewe.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Eee! :neckbeard: The babies look like they're growing up well.

Was there ever anything from the lab to explain the weebles, or do you think it's just neurological?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

The receptionist at the vet's office finally sent us the path reports she was supposed to be sending as they came in and they're inconclusive. The dead lamb I sent showed signs of placental necrosis and subcutaneous edema but the cause is undermined. A bunch of bacteria grew on their samples but the vet says that's probably from the placenta hitting the ground before I bagged it up. Campylobacter, chlamydia, leptospira, and Q fever were all negative. We're just waiting on toxoplasmosis results and then the vet said he'll call and we can discuss things. The paperwork says one of the toxo tests came back with a weak positive but isn't a significant titer so we have to wait for the other test.

It's a little frustrating to pay so much for "I dunno" but its a relief that it wasn't one of those big scary things and hopefully the vet will have some ideas for things that could prevent this from happening again next year.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Panzer's eyebrows are a thing of beauty.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small
I still can't believe that Tootsie only had ONE baby in there! Thank you for the new photos IJ. They are all just gorgeous! How many males vs females did you end up with?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

piscesbobbie posted:

I still can't believe that Tootsie only had ONE baby in there!

Hopefully Tootsie can. :v:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

3 ram lambs, 4 ewe lambs, 2 doe kids. I'm almost positive Electra is pregnant now so we'll see in a week or two if the goats hold their girl streak.

Opal is looking shaggy.

Ginger is having trouble adjusting to not being the baby anymore.

Angela is watching the young girls though and doing a good job.

Baby beep has to spend at least 10 minutes after getting her bottle looking for anything that might produce more milk. You would think I was starving the kid.

The choco puff is full and sleepy most of the time with intermittent crazy goat acrobatics.

Its a good thing she's cute.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

When is it tail docking time?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I've done everyone I'm going to do already. Olive had a weirdly long tail that kept getting stepped on so she got done and I did the romeldales because the fine wools have trouble keeping their butts clean as it is but everyone else is keeping theirs this year. Now that I've had a bunch of tailed jacobs with no issues and talked to a number of other breeders who don't dock any of their jacobs I've decided to only dock them if they have ridiculously long tails or seem to be having problems with them early on.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Yesterday I found Weebles unable to stand out in the pasture. When I brought him in he had a fever of 106 (normal is 101-102). I'm doing all I can for him and today his fever is down to 104 but things are not looking great for the little guy. He's still perky and trying to stand so there is hope but I just wanted you all to know what was going on.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
:ohdear: I'm pulling for the little dude.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Yesterday I found Weebles unable to stand out in the pasture. When I brought him in he had a fever of 106 (normal is 101-102). I'm doing all I can for him and today his fever is down to 104 but things are not looking great for the little guy. He's still perky and trying to stand so there is hope but I just wanted you all to know what was going on.

Poor little buddy, I hope it works out. I know you're doing your absolute best for Weebles, no matter what happens.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hang in there, Weebles! :(

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Weebles wobble, they're not supposed to fall down. :(

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Oh no, get well, Weebles. :ohdear:

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

Weebles, we're pulling for you. Please don't go.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Chicken Doodle posted:

Weebles wobble, they're not supposed to fall down. :(

Thanks for making me laugh. You monster. Good luck Jellyfish

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Please get well, Weeble. :ohdear:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Thinking good thoughts for Weebles.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
Good luck Weebles!

As an inspiration, here's a Cute Overload post about a baby goat that had issues that he overcame:

http://cuteoverload.com/2014/05/21/frostie-the-snow-goat-a-jolly-happy-soul/

Shebrew fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 22, 2014

Mar 25, 2004

You can do it, Weebles! Poor little dude, like everyone else I hope he's alright.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small
awww Instant Jellyfish. I hope it's something he can recover from. I'm sure you will do everything you can and keep him comfortable. Sending get well wishes to you all :h:

Shebrew, thank you for sharing that video link!

piscesbobbie fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 22, 2014

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Thank you all for your well wishes, it really means a lot that so many people are thinking of my wobbly little man :kimchi:

Weebs' fever got back up to almost 105 yesterday but it was a really hot day and I think that contributed to it. He's down to 103.6 today and was scooting around a bit so I think he might be on the mend. I'll feel much better when he's walking again because I'm not sure if that's part of what's going on now or something from his original condition or what. As long as he's fighting I'll do what I can for him though. He's a scrappy little sheep.

Also I'm about to run out for hot pot with my parents so of course Electra looks like she could kid today. Just do me a solid and cross your legs until this afternoon lady!

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

I'm not clever enough to word it nicely, but Weebles has wobbled his way into everybody's hearts, as underdogs are especially liable to do. And let's face it, everybody's very emotionally attached to your flock.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

GabrielAisling posted:

And let's face it, everybody's very emotionally attached to your flock.

Truth right here. I mean Weebles is tiny and one of the few lambs born from this season due to awful events so we're extra pulling for him, but I'd be just as nervous if it was Primrose or Heath or anyone.

I am entirely too invested in your awesome little farm and send lots of good will and wishes towards you and all of your goats and sheep.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

GabrielAisling posted:

I'm not clever enough to word it nicely, but Weebles has wobbled his way into everybody's hearts, as underdogs are especially liable to do. And let's face it, everybody's very emotionally attached to your flock.

Sadly true. I haven't even met you or your flock and I am emotionally invested. Your's is one of my favorite threads.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Weebles update: His temp is finally a normal 101.8! :woop::woop:

Unfortunately he is still not standing and has trouble getting his back legs under him even when scooting but he's still healing so we'll give him time before making hard decisions. He may just need to gain strength for a while after being so sick.

If any of you Ohio goons are around Wooster this weekend, the farm is vending at the Great Lakes Fiber Show again this year. My mom will be there all day tomorrow and I'll be out Sunday if you want to say hi. Go check out the awesome sheep show and watch gigantic sheep drag small children around the ring! Their lamb hot dogs are also amazing and there's funnel cake.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's great news!! We're still pulling for you, Weebles -- you can do it!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You can do it Weebles. :woop:

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Go Weebles! :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Weebs is now able to get his back legs under him and scoot around on his front knees and can sometimes stand and take a few steps before wiping out. Its not huge but its progress and that's all I need right now. He had a bit of a setback yesterday because he got stuck in a really sunny spot and was struggling for a while before I found him and got super overheated (107.5!) but I got his temp down and made sure he was hydrated and he seems to be back on track today.

Have some sheep from the Great Lakes show over the weekend.

A bunch of prize winning cheviot ewes.

A freakishly massive columbia ewe. She towered over those young hamps in the background and had a huge butt.

A bunch of suffolk crosses.

This BFL ram had a big fancy ribbon but he didn't seem to care.

His neighbor was also unimpressed.

The ever popular klan sheep (I think this one was a hamp too).

So many ribbons on this hampshire ewe, there must have been a good hamp turnout this weekend because they were everywhere.

• Locked thread