Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Moridin920 posted:

is there a word that isn't used in an insulting context 90% of the time that I can use though

it's just irritating, I have no problem with trans people and I don't want anyone to get mad or upset but at the same time I need a loving noun to use you know

I've seen people get mad about trans, troon, tranny, etc., I've seen people say those words are fine, idk.
basically those words, and the reaction or lack thereof they invoke, are a litmus test for whether a person is someone i could consider a friend or just an annoying weird gently caress so caught up in themselves that they'll be an unlikeable poo poo no matter what labels they want to be called by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
so you're saying just use words inoffensively and hope they figure it out through context, and if they get mad gently caress 'em anyway

that's pretty much what I've been doing

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

No. 6 posted:

I find it all a bit weird OP, but I also realize that you're willingly putting yourself into a life in which you'll put up with an ton of bullshit. Either way, best of luck.

What point in your life did you feel you were no longer your birth gender? Is this non-offensive to ask?

Im alway going to be genetically male. I already look and the mirror and think "drat girl, good job!" I think there will be multiple points.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how many years of debt are you in for the psychiatric equivalent of a diet pill

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Moridin920 posted:

is there a word that isn't used in an insulting context 90% of the time that I can use though

it's just irritating, I have no problem with trans people and I don't want anyone to get mad or upset but at the same time I need a loving noun to use you know

I've seen people get mad about trans, troon, tranny, etc., I've seen people say those words are fine, idk.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its really triggering to refer to me at all tbh

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

Troon is funny.

Trans is fine.

I dont mind tranny, some people do.

Lets stop kowtowing to idiots on the internet. Being offended by everything is a sign that a person is an assclown.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
u sure are impressing everyone with how totally cool and chillax u are man i bet ur gonna get that validation you crave now!!!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

powerful weedlock posted:

how many years of debt are you in for the psychiatric equivalent of a diet pill

Psychiatric and HRT are very cheap for me. Thanks VA!

Surgeries will be about 60k.

Im not worried.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fajita Fiesta posted:

u sure are impressing everyone with how totally cool and chillax u are man i bet ur gonna get that validation you crave now!!!

Youre such an angry lil critter! Good for you.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Man Whore posted:

the trans thread literally sees it as a slur.

The best part is the fact that the trans goons actually came up with the name. It was the cis male SJW's who came in and told them it was bad.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

so you're saying just use words inoffensively and hope they figure it out through context, and if they get mad gently caress 'em anyway

pretty much, i mean if corrected sincerely and politely i will apologize and comply, but really to me it comes down to the fact that compromise to existing standards is an inherent part of social interaction, and society really only understands he and she, so even if it doesn't describe who you are inside because you're special just loving pick one for the rest of humanity to addresss you by or people are going to be even more put off by the idea of addressing you at all

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

whoflungpoop posted:

pretty much, i mean if corrected sincerely and politely i will apologize and comply, but really to me it comes down to the fact that compromise to existing standards is an inherent part of social interaction, and society really only understands he and she, so even if it doesn't describe who you are inside because you're special just loving pick one for the rest of humanity to addresss you by or people are going to be even more put off by the idea of addressing you at all

*Fist bump*

What she said.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Moridin920 posted:

that's generally how i approach it, i'm just saying the context 99% of the time with troon is insulting, even if the trans person is pretty normal

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Sabel, can you jump in and answer trans questions. Im about to enjoy the bar and then run errands.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

psyopmonkey posted:

Sabel, can you jump in and answer trans questions. Im about to enjoy the bar and then run errands.

Wow! You go to bars and everything? Live that life gurl.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

psyopmonkey posted:

bye don't forget to drunkmsg me later :j: :respek: :j:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Fajita Fiesta posted:

suck my borrowed dick

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
hey OP, if terrorists suddenly released a statement saying "if psyopsmonkey does not go back to living as a man we will unleash a torrent of horrific attacks on the infidel nation and kill million" would you do it for your country?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psyopmonkey posted:

Psychiatric and HRT are very cheap for me. Thanks VA!

Surgeries will be about 60k.

Im not worried.

thanks obama

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

when you say 'angry critter' i imagine an antebellum southern dame herding around a bunch of black maids

what is your opinion on mint juleps and fainting couches

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Mrenda posted:

Why would you care about them unless you want to look at them for five or so minutes and/or stick things in them/on them?

This is evasive. Answer the question, question answerer.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

This is evasive. Answer the question, question answerer.

It's not evasive. It was a method of saying that unless you're a sexual partner (or doctor) then genitals are irrelevant.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Closet trans. Get on the titty skittles now.

This also is evasive. Do you think your failure to love music is a symptom?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Mrenda posted:

It's not evasive. It was a method of saying that unless you're a sexual partner (or doctor) then genitals are irrelevant.

Which is your opinion, and a wrong one, and not an answer.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mrenda posted:

I dunno I think people are naturally curious about poo poo like that. Genitals aren't really irrelevant in a discussion about gender are they

although it's understandable that someone wouldn't want to talk about their genitals

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
What kind of gear do you have in your crotchel region

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

I dunno I think people are naturally curious about poo poo like that. Genitals aren't really irrelevant in a discussion about gender are they

although it's understandable that someone wouldn't want to talk about their genitals

That's the problem though. Medical science has progressed long past any issues with genitals when it comes to trans people. For trans people the genital issue is private, something for doctors and partners and mostly incredibly boring. It has no real bearing on pretty much any issue that the general public needs to know about or care itself about. Also, it's really loving immature for someone to ask about dongs. There's far more interesting things about the trans experience.

Only one of my friends has asked me about my genitals, and that was more about concern with cost and availability of surgery. And apart from that one other person has asked me and I told them what I've told them what I'm telling you, it's irrelevant to pretty much every everyday concern, a boring question and unless you want to run the risk of insulting trans people you shouldn't really ask.

If you have a question beyond, "Lol, are you getting your dick cut off?" ask, but chances are the answer is really mundane to most trans people. Also, it's probably irrelevant on the level that you have absolutely no connection to the person you're asking, so why should they bother answering you.

But if you have a question that can't be answered by a simple Google or a little bit of thought, ask away.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Ignoarints posted:

What kind of gear do you have in your crotchel region

I don't do drugs.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Bleu posted:

when you say 'angry critter' i imagine an antebellum southern dame herding around a bunch of black maids

what is your opinion on mint juleps and fainting couches

Mint Juleps are best, but the mint needs to muddled with the ice.

Fainting couches sound amazing. Sadly, I dont have the room for a couch.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
aren't fainting couches strategically placed couches to pass out on when the lack of oxygen from the corset got to be too much

that sounds awful

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Mrenda posted:

That's the problem though. Medical science has progressed long past any issues with genitals when it comes to trans people.

Lol trans ppl have to gently caress themself with a medical grade dildo to make sure their hole doesn't heal up

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I find it the most interesting that all the focus is put on MtF transgenders.

Why are FtM dudes not made fun of so much?

GONNA GET YOUR BOOB PARTS CUT OFF AND POSSIBLY LOSE A NIPPLE, HAH!

:rolleyes:

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
at what point were you like, yup i'm def trans and it isn't some other psychological thing that makes me feel this way?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mrenda posted:

There's far more interesting things about the trans experience.

I mean, you say that, but you also spend a lot of time fending off people's interest in genitals.

I think you want to believe that you're more interesting than an artificial vagina, but maybe you aren't. That's hard for anyone to admit.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is tranny offensive to you

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Why is Janet Mock so full of herself jesus loving christ

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Willias posted:

at what point were you like, yup i'm def trans and it isn't some other psychological thing that makes me feel this way?

The morning after I woke up from almost killing myself over my feelings.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

frajaq posted:

is tranny offensive to you

Not really. Its just a quick way of saying transgender chick.

My fave term is transchick/transdude though. Its cute, fun, and just works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

that takes too long to write though

• Locked thread