Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mrenda posted:

The Culture. Iain Banks was pretty progressive when it comes to troons.

yeah, Culture is best. but it was flat out stated that anyone who just stuck with one genderwas considered a biit of a weirdo, and you switched back and forth as the mood struck you, so I don't think there were any trans characters

psyopmonkey posted:

Firefly...

Because you cant take the sky from me.

And, I would be a bad rear end companion/mercenary. Get some gor-ram credits up in here.

ugh you suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Black Baby Goku. posted:

post a picture of you "passing"

post a picture of your neckbeard

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Jim Rustler posted:

Do you think this guy was a troon in the closet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqn8gTmEQw

I honestly get some sorta troon vibe from him
Is this what you call jim rustling

for shame

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

Sabel posted:

Is this what you call jim rustling

for shame

it's my honest thoughts, I get the same sorta vibe watching him, as I do when I see most trans people.

Black Baby Goku.
Feb 5, 2014

by Lowtax
lets see the photo

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I already posted pics. Im not posting any more just to appease some butthead.

Black Baby Goku.
Feb 5, 2014

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey posted:

Me in AIT at Bragg:

Me last week:

wait a minute.... two toilets?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

yeah, Culture is best. but it was flat out stated that anyone who just stuck with one genderwas considered a biit of a weirdo, and you switched back and forth as the mood struck you, so I don't think there were any trans characters

From what I remember most people seemed to settle down into one gender for longer periods as their live's progressed. If there was a magic pill that switched me from cis male to cis female at random I'd probably be down with that. Presuming that being cis in one particular gender doesn't trap you there with a lack of desire to switch to the other. But I guess that's not in the science behind the Culture.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Black Baby Goku. posted:

wait a minute.... two toilets?

the other one is called a bidet

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp
I hope just because he killed some people, you don't think im comparing trans people to him, that's not my intention. just his body language and the way he sorta "holds" himself, I dunno, he seems like a very confused guy, sexually, that seems to have repressed something so far down that it turned into annihilation.

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp
im mostly wondering if he annihilated his dick instead, do you think he would have been happier?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Hey, serious question, my understanding is that dysmorphia is a mental illness, and transitioning is the only effective treatment, but what if someone developed a pill that made you be perfectly comfortable in your body(well, in your gender, not even a lot of cis people are perfectly comfortable int their bodies) with no other side effects. would you take it?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

psyopmonkey posted:

Me last week:

My Nigga Totoro
Nov 14, 2007

by Lowtax
why do you make that stupid loving face in ever picture

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Jim Rustler posted:

I hope just because he killed some people, you don't think im comparing trans people to him, that's not my intention. just his body language and the way he sorta "holds" himself, I dunno, he seems like a very confused guy, sexually, that seems to have repressed something so far down that it turned into annihilation.

I honestly don't know. It's very hard to e-diagnose people with the trans. There are obvious signs like people being unhappy with their gender, or gender roles, ideation about switching genders, "cross-dressing," etc. but unless someone actively decides to progress themselves along a trans life route it's not really possible to know. There's lot of very happy men who are just incredibly twinky or camp. And equally there's tonnes of stories of incredibly masculine seeming guys who turn out to be trans.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Hey, serious question, my understanding is that dysmorphia is a mental illness, and transitioning is the only effective treatment, but what if someone developed a pill that made you be perfectly comfortable in your body(well, in your gender, not even a lot of cis people are perfectly comfortable int their bodies) with no other side effects. would you take it?

I really have no clue. Im thinking that I would have been apt to jump on something like that before I started HRT and other stuff.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Mrenda posted:

I honestly don't know. It's very hard to e-diagnose people with the trans. There are obvious signs like people being unhappy with their gender, or gender roles, ideation about switching genders, "cross-dressing," etc. but unless someone actively decides to progress themselves along a trans life route it's not really possible to know. There's lot of very happy men who are just incredibly twinky or camp. And equally there's tonnes of stories of incredibly masculine seeming guys who turn out to be trans.
This person just screams "I'm actually trans but I have this paper-thin veneer of making a ha-ha funny joke about it"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWKgfQ1BSWA

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I don't think I would. It's something that makes up a fundamental part of me. It informs my thoughts and being and I'd be extremely worried that changing something so fundamental to me would change me completely. I know that being trans has brought and will bring me a lot of problems but it's a part of who I am. I don't think there's any direct comparisons but uneasy parallels could probably be drawn with offering a "gay cure" pill and maybe with deaf people and deaf culture.

Basically I am a transgender person, which is a different set of experiences to a cisgender person. I'm not sure I could happily go from what I see as a female identity to being happy with a male body without a total change in who I am.

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

Mrenda posted:

hate comes from within, and that guy hated women so much that he wanted to murder all of them. that's why I think, maybe, he was repressing something from within himself. It's a shame that trans aren't more accepted within society, I think that might have stopped his actions, I dunno.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
my fake gender is such a part of me that i wasnt born it

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

Sabel posted:

This person just screams "I'm actually trans but I have this paper-thin veneer of making a ha-ha funny joke about it"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWKgfQ1BSWA

being emo isn't the same as trans you dipshit. I'm glad that guy get's off on pretending to be dysphoric to troll people

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Are there really transpeople who get mad at people who can pass as the other gender?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Jim Rustler posted:

being emo isn't the same as trans you dipshit.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Are there really transpeople who get mad at people who can pass as the other gender?

Yep! Ive had internet transpeople tell me "I dont know about the struggle" because of how I look now...

Its a rough road.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BoothsBeard
May 26, 2014
How does it feel being an abomination unto the lord?

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

I'm not upset, I'm sure I came off that way. It's just pathetic that there are these emo punk kids out in the world, who can flip flop because of their stupid haircuts and thick eyeliner and get away with it. It demeans the true fight that is happening inside of hundreds of thousands people every day. That is, boxers, or panties.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

What is your favorite song by The Kinks?

There is a right answer to this question.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

you my friend have more balls than i do. and likely, more than these two posters had before they had them lopped off and injected themselves with horse piss.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

psyopmonkey posted:

Yep! Ive had internet transpeople tell me "I dont know about the struggle" because of how I look now...

Its a rough road.

But you've been through the struggle...

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Jim Rustler posted:

I'm not upset, I'm sure I came off that way. It's just pathetic that there are these emo punk kids out in the world, who can flip flop because of their stupid haircuts and thick eyeliner and get away with it. It demeans the true fight that is happening inside of hundreds of thousands people every day. That is, boxers, or panties.
Ok how about this person:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSzlQ-3KYZQ
Online camfuckery is a great way to test the waters

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Jim Rustler posted:

Guys low ride sports briefs from target are the best. They are 100% times better than chick undies.

Marika makes my favorite bras.

Thats all the underwear talk ill be doing.

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

Sabel posted:

Ok how about this person:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSzlQ-3KYZQ
Online camfuckery is a great way to test the waters

everybody is pretty at 240p

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

gently caress briefs, they are all awful. Get boxers, I know women who have exclusively given up ladies underwear for the freedom of boxers.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Fun fact: the first trans was created by Dr. Josef Mengele, noted Nazi scientist and doctor during one of his infamous experiments.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

psyopmonkey posted:

Guys low ride sports briefs from target are the best. They are 100% times better than chick undies.

Marika makes my favorite bras.

Thats all the underwear talk ill be doing.

what's the point of being a woman if you don't have some fancy complicated lingerie

BoothsBeard
May 26, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

what's the point of being a woman

FTFY

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

what's the point of being a woman if you don't have some fancy complicated lingerie

having your own tits.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Jim Rustler posted:

everybody is pretty at 240p
In the deep recesses of the galaxy, nestled in the emptiness of the void, there lies the pantheon.

The heavenly celestial kingdom, where the gods protect the ineffable power that are the jimmies. For eons they stand at the ready, less they are ever rustled, and the balance of the universe disturbed.

Our jimmies are eternal, none can rustle the triumvirate.

They await the rustlings to come, and steel themselves for the epic battle that will decide the fate of the mighty jimmies, and the fate of life itself.

We control the jimmies.

We control the rustling.

Hush, no tears.

Only dreams now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Man Whore posted:

What is your favorite song by The Kinks?

There is a right answer to this question.

I'm probably gonna be cliched with this but Waterloo Sunset is a beautiful song. I think Death of a Clown has a special significance with its use in films. Days is genius and too many boy bands have killed it. And of course I'm a big fan of Lola.

So I don't know. Go through their greatest hits and I love them all.

• Locked thread