Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Fhate posted:

Well, the only person who has so far blown the horn got his insides charred. Daenerys (and possibly past Valyrians) are resistant/immune to fire. Perhaps they, and only they, can blow the horns and live.

I think that that might be true, but that paying the Iron Price for the horn successfully transfers ownership to non-Valyrians, and then anyone could blow the horn and the owner would get the dragon.

I have to give the fat gently caress credit for that one, that's a good twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

According to Gurm Dany's not immune to fire. Drogo's pyre was a one-time magic deal.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
....and her taking Drogon's fire, doesn't count?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Then Arya can kill her, Bran can become the new Night's King, Jon can sit the Iron Throne with Dany, and Rickon can take over the north. A place for everything and everything in its place.

I got a feeling if any of the kids are going to be further offed, Jon or Arya are more likely, if only because Arya eventually trying to go rogue on the Faceless Men is a bad idea. And Jon, well, I always thought he got more goodwill from the audience than he deserves.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

visceril posted:

....and her taking Drogon's fire, doesn't count?

Her hands got burned in that encounter.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

nooneofconsequence posted:

According to Gurm Dany's not immune to fire. Drogo's pyre was a one-time magic deal.

What about her picking up the dragon eggs that had been sitting in hot coals, or bathing in water that's so hot it's scalding, but being fine? Seems like she has super natural resistance to it, at the very least.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Oh god. Got GoT season one for fathers day :ohdear:

Fhate posted:

What about her picking up the dragon eggs that had been sitting in hot coals, or bathing in water that's so hot it's scalding, but being fine? Seems like she has super natural resistance to it, at the very least.

consistency is not the gurm strong suit

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Fhate posted:

Someone wrote a good post many pages ago about Starks being able to freeze to death, but Ned being comfortable sleeping in the nude in Winterfell, and that Targaryans can be burned, but Dany can sit in scalding water and other heat that would burn most people without suffering injury.

So yes it is like a resistance bordering on super natural and occasionally passing into super natural.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Fhate posted:

The coal scene is show only, and all Targs like hot baths. But no Targs are immune to fire.

p.crestmont posted:

Someone wrote a good post many pages ago about Starks being able to freeze to death, but Ned being comfortable sleeping in the nude in Winterfell

The walls of Winterfell are heated by an underground hot spring. Yes, seriously. Ned can walk around nude because it's not cold in the castle.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

p.crestmont posted:

Someone wrote a good post many pages ago about Starks being able to freeze to death, but Ned being comfortable sleeping in the nude in Winterfell, and

Winterfell was heated by hotsprings beneath it. I too would sleep in the nude if I was living above a caldera

e:f,b

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fog Tripper posted:

Winterfell was heated by hotsprings beneath it. I too would sleep in the nude if I was living above a caldera

e:f,b

Winterfell was so badass it actually made me feel bad when it got unceremoniously burnt down. Hell even the library made me feel bad. Burn down the stables or something you mouthbreathing fucker.

Ah for the days when GRRM actually elicited emotions from me other than loathing.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In It For The Tank posted:

The walls of Winterfell are heated by an underground hot spring. Yes, seriously. Ned can walk around nude because it's not cold in the castle.

how could anyone not know this

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Lycus posted:

Sophie Turner just rounded her height down for 6'0.1" to 5'9".

That's a hell of a rounding error. Three whole inches?

That's my entire penis.

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind
I'm curious if we'll actually get to a scene where we see people fighting dragons. Are they just invincible or is there a way to take them down?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
They're strong, agile, armored, and airborne.

It would probably take lots of dudes sacrificing themselves to distract it, then something like a ballista to pierce the scales or a really good bowman to hit the eyes.

And at that it would probably take many ballista shots to bring it down permanently, and if the dragon master happens to babe a well-trained army, the other side would be routed before they could get the kill, probably.

Though I don't see a dragon submitting to veterinary care, so barring any dumb magic regeneration, one good shot would kill it eventually

Fake edit: or the unlikely MIB scenario, where a warrior gets swallowed whole, not burned, and has a chance to gut the dragon from the inside

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind

visceril posted:

Fake edit: or the unlikely MIB scenario, where a warrior gets swallowed whole, not burned, and has a chance to gut the dragon from the inside

"How Tyrion Became the Dragonslayer"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Or the very likely GRRM scenario; someone will fire a ballista bolt up the dragon's rear end.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Or the very likely GRRM scenario; someone will fire a ballista bolt up the dragon's rear end.

Followed by a vivid description of all the undigested food that spills out of the gaping wound left behind.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

mkay0 posted:

Male actors constantly round their height up, his height is hardly definitively 5'10"

Having bumped into him a couple of times, once near literally, 5' 8", 5' 9" tops.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

If he wanted to, I'm sure blowing the dragon horn of her heritage could be a second time, where it would make perfect sense for her blood to protect her from the fire magic.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Then Arya can kill her, Bran can become the new Night's King, Jon can sit the Iron Throne with Dany, and Rickon can take over the north. A place for everything and everything in its place.

I've always thought that Arya was being set up to go after Jon. I think Jon makes most sense as the Night's King, with Bran as resident Trivo advisor. I don't think Bran is going anywhere. I have no loving idea what is up with Rickon - maybe he gets to pull an Aemon, and just chill the gently caress out having fun, banging the natives, and getting by with the Bear Necessities.

BTW you think that Benjen is maybe the night's king these days? Still waiting for that mother fucker to show up.

And who the gently caress is coldhands already?

Why are the wites trying to kill Bran and coldhands? Just because? Or are they being directed to by white walkers. I'm really confused about all the factions and how they are going to pull together. I'm expecting 3-4 more books btw. I've never believed his lies about how many books there are to write. The fat gently caress will keep (not) writing till he drops.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 15, 2014

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

visceril posted:

I think that that might be true, but that paying the Iron Price for the horn successfully transfers ownership to non-Valyrians, and then anyone could blow the horn and the owner would get the dragon.

I have to give the fat gently caress credit for that one, that's a good twist

It's either an iron price twist or another Quentyn-like story but this time as a vehicle to deliver the dragon horn to Dany so she can finally control them. Maybe both?

kcroy posted:

If he wanted to, I'm sure blowing the dragon horn of her heritage could be a second time, where it would make perfect sense for her blood to protect her from the fire magic.

I've always thought that Arya was being set up to go after Jon. I think Jon makes most sense as the Night's King, with Bran as resident Trivo advisor. I don't think Bran is going anywhere. I have no loving idea what is up with Rickon - maybe he gets to pull an Aemon, and just chill the gently caress out having fun, banging the natives, and getting by with the Bear Necessities.

BTW you think that Benjen is maybe the night's king these days? Still waiting for that mother fucker to show up.

And who the gently caress is coldhands already?

Why are the wites trying to kill Bran and coldhands? Just because? Or are they being directed to by white walkers. I'm really confused about all the factions and how they are going to pull together. I'm expecting 3-4 more books btw. I've never believed his lies about how many books there are to write. The fat gently caress will keep (not) writing till he drops.

Coldhands is Bloodraven warged into a wight.

Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011
Why are people constantly debating who is/will be "Night's King"? Isn't he a specific mythological character who is either long dead or hasn't been seen in hundreds of years? Even if someone might take up a similar role, why are people assuming that will happen?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Apoffys posted:

Why are people constantly debating who is/will be "Night's King"? Isn't he a specific mythological character who is either long dead or hasn't been seen in hundreds of years? Even if someone might take up a similar role, why are people assuming that will happen?

he was depicted on the show wearing a crown as king of the others

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Of course, we don't know if that Other is the guy from the legend or if "Night's King" is a title.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Apoffys posted:

Because HBO accidentally identified him as the Night's King in the episode's summary before changing it.

Excited for tonight's episode. My fiancee has been watching the show religiously with me but hasn't read the books, so it's fun to see her reaction to the surprises. I can't wait to see how she reacts to Tywin dying on the shitter.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
He better die on the loving shitter, I'm still pissed that they messed up the "Only Cat" line.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

empty sea posted:

He better die on the loving shitter, I'm still pissed that they messed up the "Only Cat" line.

I'm still not clear on why the "Only Cat/Only your sister" switch was such a source of angst for so many people, actually. I mean, I've read the books, and I noticed the change when it happened, but it didn't bother me. I know that people who haven't read the books can't keep up with all the characters in the show, so it makes sense to reestablish how all these characters relate to one another.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I hope Tywin survives.

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012

I hope Tywin survives.

Tywin survives and takes the place of Aurane Waters.

Hope ya'll ready for some creepy Tywin/Cersei scenes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
they already hosed up by not zooming out on the brother sister rape scene to show Tywin watching and looking satisfied and/or jerking off

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

I think I'm finally done with the show. Between no tysha, dark souls spoopy skeleton attack, literal magic fireball throwing, jaime knocking away the white book to gently caress cersei, etc etc I'm at my limit.

Should have done this after the house of the undying poo poo.

mythicknight fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 16, 2014

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That sweet Hound Brienne fight.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

I guess tyrion doesnt hate jaime lol

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Jojen is dead (blown up). RIP Jojen paste.

I wonder if next TV season we'll get some show-spoiling-the-books-moments with regards to the Cleganebowl.

Ayra's scenes are baller though. valar dohaeris m'lady

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Um...no Lady Stoneheart? When is that supposed to happen then? I thought all along that that would be tonight.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Happy father's day from GRRM and HBO. :toot:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Majorian posted:

I'm still not clear on why the "Only Cat/Only your sister" switch was such a source of angst for so many people, actually. I mean, I've read the books, and I noticed the change when it happened, but it didn't bother me. I know that people who haven't read the books can't keep up with all the characters in the show, so it makes sense to reestablish how all these characters relate to one another.
I figure a lot of them are mad because it ruined their thread title joke.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

So mad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The mere mention of it has sent me into a blood rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I will carve "Only" on Benioff's face and "Cat" on Weiss' but backwards so there will always be a suspicion that they did it themselves in a mirror and are really loving dumb.