Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dude needs mane :3:

I hope to see cathavers post their purchases once the delivery arrives from china.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Every time someone posts a link in here, my heart grows three sizes.

Every time it turns out to be anything other than an update, it shrinks back down.

What I'm trying to say is, this thread is giving me an infarction.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Dude needs mane :3:

I hope to see cathavers post their purchases once the delivery arrives from china.

Hell of such as meow

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Captain Bravo posted:

Every time someone posts a link in here, my heart grows three sizes.

Every time it turns out to be anything other than an update, it shrinks back down.

What I'm trying to say is, this thread is giving me an infarction.

We don't know how much volume you do because we're piece of poo poo morons.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
everyone in the facebook group is a tremendous human being who yells at you for fat shaming lolololol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
The idea is, they get so panicked about the forgotten picnic basket that they gently caress.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Neurosis posted:

everyone in the facebook group is a tremendous human being who yells at you for fat shaming lolololol

I finally joined the fb group. I can confirm that this thread deserves all the stick it gets, but the facebook group is on an entirely new and pathetically soggy level.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

That facebook group decided to put on an Achewood convention. This was posted earlier.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Where can I find the facebook group?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Where can I find the facebook group?

don't

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Sometimes they post okay stuff. More often it is people posting catchphrases and discussion of 'problematic' culture. Also a lot of them are fat.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

No, gently caress this, people mention it all the time and they never post a link and it's ungoogleable
I have a RIGHT to know

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The irony here is that Achewood is pretty problematic in a lot of ways, but I'm going to guess they don't talk about it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

No, gently caress this, people mention it all the time and they never post a link and it's ungoogleable
I have a RIGHT to know

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2204536947/

Just look in the Facebook groups for Achewood, jeez

head58
Apr 1, 2013

A man wakes up on a Friday morning to a half dozen posts in the Achewood thread and gets his hopes up, but it's just some motherfuckers talking about some other motherfuckers.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

head58 posted:

A man wakes up on a Friday morning to a half dozen posts in the Achewood thread and gets his hopes up, but it's just some motherfuckers talking about some other motherfuckers.

Looks like someone wasn't careful on Judas Priest Friday ... the 13th.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

head58 posted:

Did you really think there would be a new strip

Did you really

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Happy Hippo posted:

That facebook group decided to put on an Achewood convention. This was posted earlier.

"Steve's Party" would have been a better name for an Achewood convention

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
we're the cool achewood fans
unlike the other achewood fans

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

FactsAreUseless posted:

The irony here is that Achewood is pretty problematic in a lot of ways, but I'm going to guess they don't talk about it.

Well, now I am curious on your thoughts (because I was a big fan of your posting in the grognards thread)

Happy Hippo posted:

This is great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Armani posted:

Well, now I am curious on your thoughts (because I was a big fan of your posting in the grognards thread)
There's not really anything other than what's been discussed in the thread a bunch already: lack of women characters, questions of whether Ray is supposed to be some sort of racial stereotype. I'm not saying Achewood is a sexist or racist comic, I'm just amazed that they're not discussing it.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's not really anything other than what's been discussed in the thread a bunch already: lack of women characters, questions of whether Ray is supposed to be some sort of racial stereotype. I'm not saying Achewood is a sexist or racist comic, I'm just amazed that they're not discussing it.
They probably all want to but are scared that all their 'chochachoes' will disown them or something

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Neurosis posted:

Sometimes they post okay stuff. More often it is people posting catchphrases and discussion of 'problematic' culture. Also a lot of them are fat.

Sounds like it would feel right at home for a goon!

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Happy Hippo posted:

neither do the white sox

BOOM

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
At least they're having fun :shobon:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
On my way to work today I saw a car with a bumper sticker that said "I ACTIVELY SUPPORT LIVE JAZZ!" and I thought of Pat.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Hey guys remember when we got mostly consistent updates for a few months? Those were the days.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WoodrowSkillson posted:

homestar runner has updated more recently then achewood

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

The rear end Stooge posted:

On my way to work today I saw a car with a bumper sticker that said "I ACTIVELY SUPPORT LIVE JAZZ!" and I thought of Pat.

"AND I VOTE"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I'm actually kinda sad that Achewood had this little foot-kicking-in-its-coma spurt even if we got some OK comics out of it. I was resigned to it never updating again and now I've got to go through that all over again :saddowns:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WoodrowSkillson is the strongest and smartest among us, that he has never tasted disappointment's bitter fruit.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

OK fess up which one of you nerds is defending buttcoin in the Facebook group

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Neurosis posted:

that group is primo people-watching. what a collection of sadsacks

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

can we get a doctor to diagnose onstad just using the comic and then send him sadness pills through the post so he'll make comics again + be happy.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Drop about a pound of MDMA on his doorstep.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Drop about a pound of MDMA on his doorstep.

dogg you know I can't go outside when the neighbors are home

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Sort of consistent updates from August to April is pretty good for Onstad. Also the stuff I ordered for XMas on time so good on him etc.

which will update first, Achewood, Star Wars, or ASoIaF?

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
I would read a thing called starchewoords

arnbiguous fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 10, 2014

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

tehloki posted:

I would read a thing called stachewood

hell, you'd probably buy the DVD and choke your little pud to it

Adbot