Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

This was a long project because life got in the way, but I finally finished my collection of LL series classic space ships. I'll be hanging them in my nephew's bedroom at my house this weekend so wanted to get the pictures done before then. I cheated on the landing gear on all of these, but will probably order the correct color pieces as I work on other projects.

LL 918

LL924

All 3 Classic Space LL series ships(918, 924. 928)

Finally, with LL929(aka Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!), Exosuit and all my classic space minifigures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sorry you gotta start over, LL928 has the wrong slope with the space logo on it. :v:

The small logo one was only used in one set, #6890.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

Sorry you gotta start over, LL928 has the wrong slope with the space logo on it. :v:

The small logo one was only used in one set, #6890.

I just looked and one of the places I ordered from in Europe had the large ones. I'll have to order the correct one with my next order. Afterall, it needs to be correct to hang in a 2 1/2 year olds spare bedroom.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah he's totally gonna notice and wonder why the adults in his life hate him so much.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, the Tower of Orthanc is up. And up, and up. Seriously, this thing is crazy-tall. Not ridiculously wide though, so plenty of space to surround it with other things. Space Shuttle is parked off to the side with a Sphinx standing over it and trying to bite an Ent who is looking after a dinosaur skeleton and two living dinosaurs. Then the Exo-Suit and the big Galaxy Squad bug splatter mech are just there in front. Nice little mix of all sorts of stuff, just what I like about Lego.

Had to shove a couple of mechs/robots out of the way, but I just barely have the space. Until I start on the Haunted House. :v: Yeah, this is going to need a proper sort soon.

fake edit: looking at it, there's definitely space for a robot or something on top of the tower. I feel that may be inviting too much disaster too soon though. Maybe once it's been up for a month or so. Ooh, I could have a bunch of robots climbing up like King Kong or something. This set is pretty great. Think it just edges out the Queen Anne's Revenge as my favourite really big one.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

ltr posted:

This was a long project because life got in the way, but I finally finished my collection of LL series classic space ships. I'll be hanging them in my nephew's bedroom at my house this weekend so wanted to get the pictures done before then. I cheated on the landing gear on all of these, but will probably order the correct color pieces as I work on other projects.

Were those LL bricks/labels used in any other sets other than those?

I've got a load of mixed childhood lego with an unknown selection of classic space sets in and I've seen a couple of those LL brick's. I can download some more instructions now :)

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Tomarse posted:

Were those LL bricks/labels used in any other sets other than those?

I've got a load of mixed childhood lego with an unknown selection of classic space sets in and I've seen a couple of those LL brick's. I can download some more instructions now :)

The LL bricks were only used in those 3 sets and are printed on them(not stickers). If you have some of them, then you likely had one or more of the ships.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
My wife and I just found a huge load of Lego at Goodwill (with an unopened Batman Mr. Freeze set!). I know the OP says I can put them in a pillowcase and throw them in the wash, but will this scratch them up? Some of them are pretty nasty so so we were going to spot clean them after we wash them. There's just too many to wash by hand.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It won't scratch them any more than the normal play wear of digging for bricks in a bucket would.

Take out any transparent or printed bricks and run the machine on the gentle cycle and you'll be fine.

If you're really worried about it I've heard that the dish washer works well too, won't throw the pieces around as much but it's probably not as effective at cleaning.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Last night I finally got around to building my Exo-Suit, and I ran into the same problem everyone else did, what with the little T-pieces just below the cockpit that are supposed to be gun nozzle pieces and I didn't notice until the very end. I've also run into the issue with the incredibly loosely-fitting 'arm' pieces that connect to the 1x1 w/ lamp holder.

Other than that, this set is loving stunning. It's so goddamn posable and turtlebot is so adorable :allears:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Overemotional Robot posted:

My wife and I just found a huge load of Lego at Goodwill (with an unopened Batman Mr. Freeze set!). I know the OP says I can put them in a pillowcase and throw them in the wash, but will this scratch them up? Some of them are pretty nasty so so we were going to spot clean them after we wash them. There's just too many to wash by hand.

I didn't fancy the washing machine either so washed it in the bath (after manually picking the Lego into a new box to loose the biggest bits of dirt and non Lego) After lots of stirring round I Left it to soak overnight in steriliser/warm water and then rinsed it out.

Lego came out like new and my bath was lovely and clean afterwards!

Used a fine mesh kitchen strainer upside down over the pop up bath plug so I could let water out without letting Lego out.

Takes a few days to dry. Spread out on towels in the sun worked best

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
B-Wing has dropped £20 on Amazon UK, not bad

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
When I worked at the Lego store we cleaned the bricks that kids play with by putting them in a mesh bag and soaking that bag in simple green.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Someone on /r/lego posted a fix for the delorean that doesn't involve that huge grey slope, I think it looks pretty darn good.

Not perfect, but a huge improvement. Most of the parts come from the set, except the hinges under the plates.

Now I just need to sit down and figure out how to un-gently caress the roof/windshield.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

xzzy posted:

Someone on /r/lego posted a fix for the delorean that doesn't involve that huge grey slope, I think it looks pretty darn good.

Not perfect, but a huge improvement. Most of the parts come from the set, except the hinges under the plates.

Now I just need to sit down and figure out how to un-gently caress the roof/windshield.

I've been using the rubber blade pieces as the windshield and it looks really good. I want to do a full redesign of the Delorean to be honest.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

I've been using the rubber blade pieces as the windshield and it looks really good. I want to do a full redesign of the Delorean to be honest.

I was considering looking into using grey tubing. I really don't want to cut any of my tubes though, so I'm not sure it'll work out.

But I can't think of a better way to frame the windshield.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

xzzy posted:

I was considering looking into using grey tubing. I really don't want to cut any of my tubes though, so I'm not sure it'll work out.

But I can't think of a better way to frame the windshield.

I've been using this (http://brickset.com/parts/4616840), attached to this (http://brickset.com/parts/4289538) at either side of my redesigned dash.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

xzzy posted:

I built an unofficial Delorean from Ichiban Toys, a year or so before the official one came out, which uses a similar technique, and an alternative to the windshield.

rear looks a bit lovely though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
How do you stop the windscreen bars pinging off all the time?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

The_Doctor posted:

How do you stop the windscreen bars pinging off all the time?

By not swooshing it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I stole that idea, did it a little different. The poles are too long (the base should be one stud further back) but it's not a bad first attempt.

Even though the poles are an illegal connection, they're pretty solid.

I got rid of the gull wing doors too, they don't even close properly if built according to the instructions. :downs:

Still needs work but I'm much happier with it than the stock version.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I've got their Blade Runner Spinner from ichiban, and while it looks rad it is super fragile too.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Exosuits should be back in stock on lego.com anytime. I just received my shipping confirmation for the one I had backordered from them.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

White Classic Space figure with $99 purchase in the first half of September. So tempted as all my white spacemen are in poor condition, but it's difficult to justify spending that much when I'm waiting for double or triple points to do my Christmas shopping.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/LEGO-Stores-September-2014-Calendar.jpg

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

ltr posted:

White Classic Space figure with $99 purchase in the first half of September. So tempted as all my white spacemen are in poor condition, but it's difficult to justify spending that much when I'm waiting for double or triple points to do my Christmas shopping.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/LEGO-Stores-September-2014-Calendar.jpg

Didn't they already do that just a couple of months ago? Or was that Europe only and now its in the US?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It was Europe only, guess they have some stock left over. :v:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ltr posted:

Is that a non-broken version of the Benny helmet? Or is that just wishful thinking?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No, it's just a normal motorcycle helmet with no visor.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

xzzy posted:

Benny needed a racecar:

Nice!

What pieces are those big short cylinders you used for the rear rockets(?)?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Subyng posted:

Nice!

What pieces are those big short cylinders you used for the rear rockets(?)?

Part 56145, I got mine from an ultra agents set but the mold has been around a long time. They're a pretty perfect mini version of the nozzles from Benny's spaceship.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Picked up an Exo suit from te store today, they had a little Halloween set with a vampire and coffin and spooky backdrop at the register. Grabbed it for my wife since she loves Halloween.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Dogen posted:

Picked up an Exo suit from te store today, they had a little Halloween set with a vampire and coffin and spooky backdrop at the register. Grabbed it for my wife since she loves Halloween.

I just called the store here and they got exosuits in today too and are holding one for me while I drive over. If they have a halloween set too, I shall do the same.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Are those little holiday sets Lego store only? That Halloween one sounds cool.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I picked up the valentine set from S@H but I don't recall seeing it at target or anything. Not sure.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dogen posted:

The Lego store I went to today had a cute little bat set. I'll definitely pick one up eventually, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a halloween item in August. I know other stores get holiday polybags sometimes, but I think they're different ones than the stores get. The Toys R Us by me had a bunch of ugly witch head bags they couldn't get rid of for over a year.

Also the Lego store had multiple Exo-suits. I bought a second since it doesn't look like they're going to be in short supply, I'm going to bling it out.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Knormal posted:

Also the Lego store had multiple Exo-suits. I bought a second since it doesn't look like they're going to be in short supply, I'm going to bling it out.

My second one came in the mail today. Can't decide if I want to weaponize or Classic Space color it.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

ltr posted:

My second one came in the mail today. Can't decide if I want to weaponize or Classic Space color it.

Exo-Sumo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Replace some parts with old light grey and make it look all dirty and dingy.

You'll need to hang on to some of the new light grey though, if you go full old grey it doesn't look dirty anymore.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ltr posted:

I got my order of two in recently. I put all three together in the same parts bin, gonna make some serious mechanisms with this stuff. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I stuck some flick fires with red and green trans dots on them (ala classic space lighting) in the shoulder front pieces. I kind of want to make one of the arms a big cannon and do something to make the wrist joint better in the other.

I know people have gushed about the turtle bot already, but it is well deserved. I think it's my favorite part of the set.

Also the legs on the suit are pretty darn good compared to things like the galaxy squad mech.