Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

dangittj posted:

I have a few models (Tower Bridge, Curiosity, Ecto-1, Sopwith Camel) that the 5 year old nephew can't touch... Everything else is fair game. My biggest problem is that he mixes up the minifigs. I've got a lot of different minifigs (Collectible, 90s Space, Town, Star Wars, Pirate) and everytime he leaves I find Emmett wearing a stormtrooper helmet with bare arms or Chewbaccas body with a blacktron head and a pirate's arm with a hook hand. He also loves mixing and matching visors/helmets and air tanks. Trans Light-Green Visors are hard to find and get scratched up easy, and there are whole lot of the collectible minifigs accessories that are lost in my lego bin because he plays with em and then we tell him to put the legos up before he goes and everything gets dumped in the big bin.

My daughter constantly has minifig parties in the Creator houses. I'll lift the roof off and the thing will be filled with minifigs. I don't get it.

Whatever, better that than rock collections or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Apparently the Exo suit is on Amazon for list price for anyone still looking for it

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, this year I've got into making my own stuff. Mostly quite simple (and often just modifications to stuff with instructions), but I've got my sights aimed on more complex things eventually. Anway, I found out a while back that there was once a little set with an adorable robot dog. And all of the parts were in the pick-a-brick (I loving love that thing). And while piecing things together, I remembered you could get those little chainsaws. So I decided to go ahead and make a dog-shaped robot buddy. :3:

Couldn't get the colours right (also the flash really brightened them up), but I'm very pleased with how he turned out. Just need to rig something up so he can put his chainsaw on his back too, work out a railgun, and he'll be even better. Gonna build him some friends as well.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dogen posted:

Apparently the Exo suit is on Amazon for list price for anyone still looking for it

$8 shipping? I have a bunch of credit on my account, but ugh.

yeah, I bought it

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is there any active Lego forums that treat it like a fun hobby rather than serious business?

I've been reading Eurobricks which can have really good content but it's pretty quiet AND treats everything like the most serious post ever. Some of their rules for example are loving stupidly strict.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

McDragon posted:

Well, this year I've got into making my own stuff. Mostly quite simple (and often just modifications to stuff with instructions), but I've got my sights aimed on more complex things eventually. Anway, I found out a while back that there was once a little set with an adorable robot dog. And all of the parts were in the pick-a-brick (I loving love that thing). And while piecing things together, I remembered you could get those little chainsaws. So I decided to go ahead and make a dog-shaped robot buddy. :3:

Couldn't get the colours right (also the flash really brightened them up), but I'm very pleased with how he turned out. Just need to rig something up so he can put his chainsaw on his back too, work out a railgun, and he'll be even better. Gonna build him some friends as well.

That's a pretty drat good Blade Wolf.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

PriorMarcus posted:

Is there any active Lego forums that treat it like a fun hobby rather than serious business?

I've been reading Eurobricks which can have really good content but it's pretty quiet AND treats everything like the most serious post ever. Some of their rules for example are loving stupidly strict.

You'd best start believing in fun Lego subforums, PriorMarcus. You're in one.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I love finding good LEGO deals. My wife and I found the Cargo Truck (60020) on clearance for $19 and Battle At The Black Gate (79007) for $29. We had to buy them for the savings alone. Right? Right...?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

That's what I thought as well when I saw it.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Overemotional Robot posted:

I love finding good LEGO deals. My wife and I found the Cargo Truck (60020) on clearance for $19 and Battle At The Black Gate (79007) for $29. We had to buy them for the savings alone. Right? Right...?

I do this too. Now I have a ton of 4644 Marina (got 7 for $10 each) and other sets that I have not opened yet but have for giving gifts (legos work great for anyone's kid) or later when I finally get around to organizing my parts into a room and spending the next few years building things. Until then, 1000+ piece display sets on all the shelves!

PS> The space above kitchen cabinets work really well for storing lots of lego boxes. Can glance at the sets from the side and you don't really use that space for anything else.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to simply buy the individual parts for those Toys R Us Mini Modeler sets? Cause gently caress spending $60 a week to get a modeler.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Cooked Auto posted:

That's what I thought as well when I saw it.

Thank you. I think he turned out really well. :3: Well, it should be "they" now, I made a few more.

e: Although to be honest, he's not that much different from the original robot dog. Just the tail really. I think I want to try a K-9 at some point.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

obi_ant posted:

Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to simply buy the individual parts for those Toys R Us Mini Modeler sets? Cause gently caress spending $60 a week to get a modeler.

At TRU that wouldn't take much sadly.

Kidsmoke
May 28, 2006

Lego Goons. I never post here but thought I'd share this. Was in my local Costco today and they have a great deal on a few sets. They've boxed up three of the micro fighter sets into two packages. One package has the tie interceptor, x-wing, star destroyer. The other had the millennium falcon, AAT, Clone Turbo tank. Each set of 3, 23.99. Also had set 31011 Aviation Adventures for like 43.99. Just thought I'd share if anyone was looking and has a membership.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

Kidsmoke posted:

Lego Goons. I never post here but thought I'd share this. Was in my local Costco today and they have a great deal on a few sets. They've boxed up three of the micro fighter sets into two packages. One package has the tie interceptor, x-wing, star destroyer. The other had the millennium falcon, AAT, Clone Turbo tank. Each set of 3, 23.99. Also had set 31011 Aviation Adventures for like 43.99. Just thought I'd share if anyone was looking and has a membership.

Great! Thanks for the info!

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

ChesterJT posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/10/lego-ferris-bueller_n_5799216.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Other than saying Blues Brothers is Police Academy, I really liked Ferris Bueller and I want that Spaceballs winnebago.

I went to the website that had the contest, and found this one from Aliens:

Get away from her, you BITCH!!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

rockinricky posted:

I went to the website that had the contest, and found this one from Aliens:

Get away from her, you BITCH!!

Anyone put an Alien 35th Anniversay set on LegoIdeas yet? :D

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

New modular is confirmed to be a Detective Bureau.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

This is great! Soooo glad they didn't go with something lame like the Apple store suggestion.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

Aww yiss.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

PriorMarcus posted:

Where? Pictures?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Having got back into Lego this last year and dug out my old childhood collection, I've started assembling my first real moc, a dwarf fortress.

It's made mainly from the Creator mountain hut and the Friends waterfall, along with bits and pieces from other sets I bought recently or have had forever. I'm looking to expand it and give it an interior, but I have no particular plans so I'm looking to get some sets that will fit in. The City gold mine is first on my list for obvious reasons, after that I'm thinking of looking at Castle or LotR sets to see what fits.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions in that direction?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Dogen posted:

Where? Pictures?

None yet, but the name and set number have popped up on a few foreign webstores that reliably release information too early. That and the long standing rumour that it would be a Detective Agency confirm it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

My Lego Store might be getting a delivery on Tuesday/Wednesday that includes new Research Institutes. Apparently they will be getting more in soon.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

It looks like my local target has the minifigures on sale. Picked up 15/16, missing that drat emo girl.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

obi_ant posted:

It looks like my local target has the minifigures on sale. Picked up 15/16, missing that drat emo girl.

Oh, poo poo, they're out? How much were they? Are we stuck with the $4 each price point now?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Pyroclastic posted:

Oh, poo poo, they're out? How much were they? Are we stuck with the $4 each price point now?

$3.99 each 5% off if you're using the Red card.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

obi_ant posted:

Do you happen to have the receipt on hand to check the DPCI number?

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

Lizard Combatant posted:

This is great! Soooo glad they didn't go with something lame like the Apple store suggestion.

im exited! also glad not an apple store

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Honestly, what is with the AFOL obsession with an Apple Store modular? The build would be boring as poo poo. It's just a grey box with flat tables and windows.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Official Lego Apple products in the store. Lego iPhones, iPods, etc

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Why though? That's a boring license to lust after.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
People love their Apple poo poo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Those 2015 sets: http://imgur.com/a/zTsqH

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Huh, Hulk's DC now?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Huh, Hulk's DC now?

Hulk and Green Goblin are apparently stand-ins for Darkseid and someone else (Solomon Grundy?)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Those Star Wars sets are really, really boring. I don't think I'll be getting any of them except one or two of the microfighters.

On the other hand is that a loving Lego portapotty oh my god

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I wonder if the T-16 will come with a womprat.

The trooper transport is a good source for stormtroopers, so watch that vanish.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
There's a lot more women in those sets; cop, criminal, firefighter, construction worker to name a few. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Lots of boring stuff, which is great for my wallet after an insane 2014 in Lego.

Those micro Snowspeeders and ATATs though? Warm my heart to the core.

Also -- how you gonna leak all of that and not get a modular shot???