Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dean ambrose?
he rules
oh my he's so good
I love him
want to kiss him
View Results

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I really enjoyed that show, honestly. It was a non-finish but it made sense and was exciting. And Hell in a cell is the logical conclusion of the feud. and 4 fuckin AAs, you have to appreciate the absurdity of that. Both guys looked insanely powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Worst PPV

NOC14: DQ - Cena d. Lesnar
NOC13: Overturned - Bryan d. Orton
NOC12: Draw - Double pin Punk/Cena
NOC11: Clean! - HHH d. Punk
NOC10: Barrett's NXT title shot became a 6 pack challenge. Orton d. Sheamus

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It was a decent show overall. I had a pleasant evening. I'm hoping we can move onto a fresh match up at HITC for the main event.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Rollins winning over Lesnar would've been amazing. But Cena was like nope!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean I oversimplified it, the following things were dumb:

-Lesnar not hitting an F5 in the match
-Cena stopping the cash-in, not Ambrose
-Lesnar not getting offense in between STF attempts

But Lesnar still looked like a loving monster, WWE wasn't going to job out Cena clean two PPVs in a row (I expected Heyman interference behind ref's back leading to Lesnar win) and Lesnar keeps the title. Considering the possible alternatives, we came out alright.

I like how we're now deluding ourselves into thinking a situation where a multimillion-dollar company being actually afraid to have one guy not win twice in a row is an alright situation

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean I oversimplified it, the following things were dumb:

-Lesnar not hitting an F5 in the match
-Cena stopping the cash-in, not Ambrose
-Lesnar not getting offense in between STF attempts

But Lesnar still looked like a loving monster, WWE wasn't going to job out Cena clean two PPVs in a row (I expected Heyman interference behind ref's back leading to Lesnar win) and Lesnar keeps the title. Considering the possible alternatives, we came out alright.

Except now Cena is going to squash Rollins as revenge, either making Ambrose's eventual victory meaningless or outright taking the feud away from him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gordong Dongbay posted:

In cause you guys didn't see the link:

@JRsBBQ

I'm told that Michael Moody, the son of the late Paul Bearer aka William Moody/Percy Pringle, has passed away. My condolences to the family.

Was he the one who said "OHHHHH YEEEESSSSS" at the HoF ceremony, or the one who didn't talk?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Is that the fat goon who was chewing gum, or the good one who said oh yes?

E: ^^^^^^^^^^^ :hf:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Didn't pay attention to much outside of the main event. gently caress finishes in PPV main events suck and are entirely justifiable to hate.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I thought it was a good PPV haters vacate

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

the only thing I'm upset about is that 'CENA WINZ LOL' people will be getting prediction game points instead of me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It was more the dumb part about you saying that no one else should have an opinion different from yours on it

Sometimes I say dumb things I don't 100% mean, you should know this :)

What I should have said was "That was dumb but Cena winning would've been a lot worse on many levels and with the exception of a couple I'd be willing to bet the majority of people complaining would be doing so much more vocally if Cena had won."

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Spikeguy posted:

It was a decent show overall. I had a pleasant evening. I'm hoping we can move onto a fresh match up at HITC for the main event.

dude it ended via DQ of course there isn't gonna be a fresh matchup

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

There wasn't any other way they could have had it. If Cena would have gotten his rear end whipped again, who would they have pushed? Rollins? Based on beating the poo poo out of Cena, he wouldn't stand a chance. Complete squash. Ambrose? Again, until he shows he can do anything with top of the card guys like Cena, Lesnar and Orton, he can't do anything. They have basically 1 top-card babyface right now, and this is the only way it could have happened.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

At least this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3vfC94f7pw&t=0m38s

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Prozach posted:

Except now Cena is going to squash Rollins as revenge, either making Ambrose's eventual victory meaningless or outright taking the feud away from him.

Cena is going to feud with Lesnar at least one more time and Rollins/Ambrose is still super hot, we're save on that front until HiaC is done.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Prozach posted:

Also Lesnar now looks like a pussy.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
If Lesnar had popped up to demolish Rollins and then Cena had jumped back in and whatever, it would have been a really nice ending. As it was it felt like Lesnar was the afterthought on the Cena Show; the classic problem of Cena taking a beating and being A-OK 40 seconds later.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Prozach posted:

I'm going to bet they segue directly into Rusev/Cena tomorrow night.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

are you really that dense?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Smoking Crow posted:

There wasn't any other way they could have had it. If Cena would have gotten his rear end whipped again, who would they have pushed? Rollins? Based on beating the poo poo out of Cena, he wouldn't stand a chance. Complete squash. Ambrose? Again, until he shows he can do anything with top of the card guys like Cena, Lesnar and Orton, he can't do anything. They have basically 1 top-card babyface right now, and this is the only way it could have happened.

So what you're saying is it still sucks but it makes sense that it sucks because it's their own fault that they suck.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Pariah Rex posted:

I don't see how you get this from that match. Lesnar took 3 AA's into an STF and then 2 pullaways from the ropes and still wouldn't tap.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I'm glad I didn't pay $54.95 for that.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Pariah Rex posted:

Lesnar took 5 finishers and still F5'd Cena. The commentators even made it a point that he's inhuman.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Blasmeister posted:

the only thing I'm upset about is that 'CENA WINZ LOL' people will be getting prediction game points instead of me.

always bet on CENA WINZ LOL

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

waffle iron posted:

Maybe I am bad at wrestlefanning, but how does interference lead to a DQ win?

There are two types of interference, DQ and No Contest. They're determined literally by who has the upper hand in the match at the time and who gets hit.

If Cena and Brock were squaring off and neither one had the visual advantage and Seth ran in and nailed Cena, it would have been a No Contest.

If he came in and curb stomped Brock while he was in the STF, it would have gone to Brock with Cena being DQed.

It's all based on the perspective of the match from the eyes of the ref.

Or the writers wrote it that way.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Dumb.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

sticklefifer posted:

So what you're saying is it still sucks but it makes sense that it sucks because it's their own fault that they suck.

It's not their fault that Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns are out.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I would like to note that after Lesnar spent a good majority of the match working Cena's arm with the Kimura, a submission that "broke" HHH's arm two years ago it was fine and dandy by the match end and didn't hamper him with AA's or STF's.

Come on Cena even Rusev sold a hurt ankle during his submission, it ain't hard.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
the finish wasn't the worst thing that could've happened (Cena could have won clean)

but I hate the fact that it was Cena who stopped the cash-in and not Ambrose

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't see how anything but Ambrose/Rollins and Cena/Brock in HIAC matches at the next PPV happens.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Cena/Lesnar HIAC

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If you don't think that Cena is now going to feud with Rollins and Ambrose will be LUCKY to be his Lil Buddy, well then we disagree.

They think that Ambrose/Rollins blew off tonight, so now Cena can squash him and Ambrose can go with Wyatt to the Negative Zone or face Kane 100 times.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WadeBartender posted:

are you really that dense?

Yep! We'll see who's right. If I end up being dumb, I will own up to it. I should clarify. I think Cena/Rollins is going to happen tomorrow night and be a back and forth match that ends in a schmozz thanks to Ambrose and/or Rusev, and Rollins doesn't get squashed.

Though Cena/Lesnar HIAC will likely happen but then I don't know what they do with Rusev so tbh I'm a little confused on that front.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I would like to note that after Lesnar spent a good majority of the match working Cena's arm with the Kimura, a submission that "broke" HHH's arm last year it was fine and dandy by the match end and didn't hamper him with AA's or STF's.

Brock should have studied the Damien Sandow match and learned that beating on Cena's arm for 10 minutes means nothing.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That ending was almost as embarrassing as the people defending it

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

I would like to note that after Lesnar spent a good majority of the match working Cena's arm with the Kimura, a submission that "broke" HHH's arm two years ago it was fine and dandy by the match end and didn't hamper him with AA's or STF's.

Yes but John Cena is literally the most powerful wrestler of all time and is in a completely different league than all other wrestlers, including Rusev. Once Rusev is fed to Cena this will become clear.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

PunkBoy posted:

Lesnar took 5 finishers and still F5'd Cena. The commentators even made it a point that he's inhuman.

Yeah after he had visibly been pinned and only saved by Seth Rollins.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yep! We'll see who's right. If I end up being dumb, I will own up to it. I should clarify. I think Cena/Rollins is going to happen tomorrow night and be a back and forth match that ends in a schmozz thanks to Ambrose and/or Rusev, and Rollins doesn't get squashed.

Cena just got screwed out of a clear victory by DQ and you think he's just gonna go "Gosh guess im gonna represent america now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Yeah

• Locked thread