Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joachim783
May 9, 2013

loving cannons.:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So if you ever go for 99 Fishing, get an Achievement Banner and drop it nonstop at LRC right in front of the fishing spots. It makes pubbies really mad

I'm literally shelling out for a bond for Runecoins to do this :getin:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Tolerable. But bring cannon or banner to Death's house where people farm ghosts...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So the Halloween event is a daily thing? :sigh: I kind of liked the one and done approach.

Magres posted:

So if you ever go for 99 Fishing, get an Achievement Banner and drop it nonstop at LRC right in front of the fishing spots. It makes pubbies really mad

I'm literally shelling out for a bond for Runecoins to do this :getin:

A Good Goon.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

So the Halloween event is a daily thing? :sigh: I kind of liked the one and done approach.

A Good Goon.

Sadly I've failed, upon more research I discovered it's SIX bonds for that thing. They want twenty god damned dollars for that stupid achievement banner. Their microtransaction prices are completely insane.

It honestly makes me hate the banners even more. WHO WOULD PAY TWENTY BUCKS FOR THEM!? WWWHHHYYYYYY

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

If you go to w2 you can get all the points rewards in like half an hour. Then you only need to come back for the daily trophy and, maybe, if you want to hit the daily limit on lamps.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Desuwa posted:

If you go to w2 you can get all the points rewards in like half an hour. Then you only need to come back for the daily trophy and, maybe, if you want to hit the daily limit on lamps.

Do come back and hit the daily limit (iirc 15000 points) in W2, it's so easy and you can dump the xp into large lamps once you have all the specific rewards.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Some clarifications:

1) The limit is only 15,000 points at a time - you can actually keep getting points provided you spend them.
2) gently caress W2, too many cannons. W3 is the F2P version with no cannons and you get demonic ghosts just as fast. I got 5k points at yesterday's reset (counting the 2k bonus) after about 3 or so minutes.
3) Thanks to Jagex QA, you'll lose tons of points because if you're not attacking a ghost the moment it dies, you don't get your points at all, even if you attacked it from the beginning. Especially annoying when you're about to wipe out a demonic and it does the force-move attack before dying. I've lost thousands of points thanks to this ~feature~.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Just found out from the Portables FC, in case someone hasn't mentioned it already...

:siren: YOU CAN SELL PORTABLES ON THE GE NOW :siren:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Hoppeduppeanut posted:

Just found out from the Portables FC, in case someone hasn't mentioned it already...

:siren: YOU CAN SELL PORTABLES ON THE GE NOW :siren:

What prices are you seeing for them right now? I'm really glad I haven't sold/used any yet.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

What prices are you seeing for them right now? I'm really glad I haven't sold/used any yet.

I insta bought a sawmill earlier at 48k.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
This needs to be in the OP hahaha

Edit: They buffed keris in the latest patch and it's now super OP see below for solo keris kk kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA_CrMTwXIU

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 22, 2014

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Telling me that Keris is actually worth using nowadays? Not possible.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
That's good to hear. The keris is a cool-as-hell looking weapon.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Just as a reminder to anyone who forgot: don't do your citadel next week until the weekend! You can do your cit during bxp twice if you save it. Flexy, in all his glorious wisdom, moved the reset so we can double dip on bxp. I, personally, am looking forward to getting ~1.2M cooking XP.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Praise be to Flex may his abs forever glisten.

Actually that's a real good idea. Should some peeps take out the avs for gathering? I'll probably focus on ores during the week since there is no guarantee I'll be on long enough in the weekend. Never know these days.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
My issue with everyone waiting is that, y'know, we would only have 24 hours to finish everything up, and everyone's gonna potentially pack the same plots.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That's what plot locking is for

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, between Kari, myself... I'm not sure who else actively locks plots with any sort of reason behind them, but we'll be fine. I think we've done this once or twice before, and it gets done. Plus, now that I've got 99 in all the cit skills, I'll just take care of whatever shortfalls we have with my contrib, which will probably be charcoal. Or hell, I'll do charcoal anyway so you guys can get more BXP smithing in.

And remember, avatars always go on charcoal.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For real making charcoal sucks and is butt

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I meant that I do ores while the av does charcoal. The avs gathering always implies charcoal.

Pina Coladas posted:

Doesn't stack with Brawling gloves.

Good to know. I'll get 98 smithing sooner than later then.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 23, 2014

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Bonus XP weekend is extended from midday Friday BST to midday Monday. Real glad of this as I am away Friday and Saturday.
Wont get part 1 of that sweet sweet cit xp though :(

Here is more info on what will and won't work.
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Bonus_XP_Weekend

Things to note,

You gain regular bonus XP alongside weekend XP, so you get 300%.
Stacks with Voice of Seren, so wait until the right clan is highlighted before handing in your corruption ores.
Doesn't work with any of the best prayer training methods as usual.
EDIT: Clan Avatar bonus does now work with it!
Doesn't stack with Brawling gloves.
Ironman accounts don't benefit from this weekend.

Balls to the Mall fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 24, 2014

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
strange times in the house of death

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011
As requested:

E: Also goku:

Niavmai fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 27, 2014

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Making horrible life decisions...in as Yolo vonSwag.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014
For anyone who hasn't done it yet, the new quest is outstanding.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Voyaging posted:

For anyone who hasn't done it yet, the new quest is outstanding.
It's really good and there's an :siren:EARLY BIRD BONUS.:siren: If you complete it within the next two weeks you get a large prismatic lamp and a large prismatic star too. The post-quest challenges are sort of tough.

Unless you're a fast reader, write down how to 37:00 speedrun it for the T85 ring. The wiki is beyond bloated now and uses 15 lines to decribe how to find a door in the other side of the building. My run went from 37:30 to 28:00 by having a much shorter and to the point handwritten guide.

I saved 10 minutes by having a clear and readable guide and reminding myself to spamclick the piano room skeleton.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Took me two attempts to do the challenge because, at one point, I didn't click through a dialogue and ended up not getting an eye gem. Ended up with 32 minutes using the wikia, which is almost beyond useless. Long paragraphs are a terrible way to give step-by-step information because it's so hard to look back and forth.

Doing it the first time without a guide is probably worth it. It took me 1.5-2 hours without a guide, and I liked it. Though some pubbies were complaining about how it took them 5 or 8 hours, and I find it actually impressive, in a weird way, that they managed to take that long.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spergminer posted:

Unless you're a fast reader, write down how to 37:00 speedrun it for the T85 ring. The wiki is beyond bloated now and uses 15 lines to decribe how to find a door in the other side of the building. My run went from 37:30 to 28:00 by having a much shorter and to the point handwritten guide.

I saved 10 minutes by having a clear and readable guide and reminding myself to spamclick the piano room skeleton.

So I'm sure you're going to share, right? :shobon:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

So I'm sure you're going to share, right? :shobon:

I never said it was going to be clear and readable for you. :fry:

For the zero of you interested, it's just a reminder on gems/keys locations with notes like "move servant" and "Piano click twice". Every part of the asylum is linear as gently caress and shouldn't require a guide. Also how to enter/exit certain rooms so I unlock shortcuts ASAP and don't get killed by the monster right next to the noose and dagger doors.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

So I was working on getting rock-shell armour pieces on my iron man and got a clue scroll. Figured what the hell, I could use some addy armour or something. What's the odds of getting something actually rare, right?

http://i.imgur.com/h0WNext.png

Start an iron man, do your clue scrolls, and THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOUUUUUU!

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Zezima's rs wedding, something that needs to be posted in every Runescape thread apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWBzCtkMI-U

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that was the most uncomfortable 5:58 of my life, and creed made it so much worse

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Poonerman posted:

that was the most uncomfortable 5:58 of my life, and creed made it so much worse

Thanks for giving me 2 good reasons not to watch. :tipshat: Glad I waited.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Aw yeah, in the Quest cape owners club. :cool:

(It's basically a symobl of how much terrible Jagex bullshit I'm willing to put up with. :smithicide:)

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
It's been a while, super content post time!

Pubbie fires

Fellowship of the Pizza

Hup! Girl Patrol reporting! Saving the lives of women females everywhere sir! Hup!

Luring Cadarn soldiers near the GE farming patch owns for quick healing.

Anime nerd Pizza Man was lucky enough to have Resident Cool Pizza Lady kill Jad for him.

??? So which is it Jagex???

For too long, Mungh0 Bungh0 has asked, who is John Galt? A pubbie is John Galt.

We need to do a chef's GWD event.

Females lmao

Our resident poopsocking master, Augster's hard exp gains for one day

A Pizza Lady and her apprentice at hard work, cooking rations for our now obtained Dragoon.

I accidently teleported to the cabbage patch when I meant to go to Canafis - but a lucky move! A Kingly Impling in sight!

This is why Jagex and pubbies are poo poo.

This is for you Karanth - A pubbie wonders why real life girls are not like his animes :qq:

Bad hard clue

Miss Pizza was kind enough to screencap this for me:

:downs:

Only men die in hardcore ironman :biotruths:

I go to test out the Keris on the Kalphite Queen and this is my first drop.

I do a series of Elite clues:

Awful. Worst Elite ever at 34k.

Would've been nice if the Ancient Crozier was actually worth something.

Eh.

Alright.

Dying101 + Pizza Lady = LUCK x3. Worth over 330k, the best Elite so far.

I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST CRYSTAL IMPLING. It spawned just as I world hopped into Dread Pizza's world, while saying "Sigh" - thanks buddy!

Unexpected sale causes my cash stack to rise to 457m.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:frogsiren: Less than 11 hours until bonus exp weekend get hype :frogsiren:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Some pre-double xp weekend content:

I meet another Pizza that's not a goon.

Pickpocketing elves give me my final treskelion piece (and not too long after, the first piece again :v:)!

Bleh. At least I got an elite clue.

Which sort of technically makes the key worth about 600k?

This also happens to my XP counter while pickpocketing for more clues. It seems once you hit a certain point past 214.7 mil exp, it changes to lots, which seems to be a reference to the maximum 2.147 billion cash stack?

Two hards and one easy. Nothing good.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Themata posted:

This also happens to my XP counter while pickpocketing for more clues. It seems once you hit a certain point past 214.7 mil exp, it changes to lots, which seems to be a reference to the maximum 2.147 billion cash stack?

The maximum signed int is 2.147b and they track tenths of an exp so you have 2.147 billion tenths of exp. It's a little saddening to learn they don't let it display higher numbers in game like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I hope your 69M cash stack is intentional

• Locked thread