Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Oh I am excited about the birds! Glad to see kid friendly sets making it through. Still bummed I missed out on research institute, wont be making that mistake again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Given that the last time Lego was 'considering' was the Research Institute set, it's probably very likely we'll see Doctor Who appear at some point. My read on what he said was that they had chosen to make a Doctor Who set, but they were still working exactly which one to do, logistics, etc.

Taking into account that one of the DW ones up for review was literally just two minifigs and a tiny TARDIS, it's probably going to be the other one with a lot more to build.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I think the birds are pretty awesome.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I have liked all the animal Creator sets. I'm gay for birds.

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
How did Big Bang Theory get 10K votes AND get through the review without someone getting punched? It should have been a Friends set instead of minifig scale so all those pseudo-nerd fans can play with their dollies easier.

NASA Hubble looks great though. Perfect for my Iron Sky MOC that I just thought up and will abandon just as quickly.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
http://imgur.com/a/iVkCY

Its now ready for arduino. Servo for steering is under the battery pack.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Big Bang Theory AND Doctor Who? Great! It's like all your worst friends' Facebook statuses in Lego form! :suicide:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

quote:

Brick Cleaning Talk

Thanks for the ideas regarding cleaning Lego bricks!
I submerged some bricks in warm soapy water for an hour or so and they seem quite a lot cleaner when comparing to identical pieces that i didn't clean (but are dirty)

Now, how do i dry them? :ohdear:
That tiny little "hole" on the opposite side of a stud seems to take ages to dry, if it is facing up. On pieces facing down they haven't dried yet. Will they ever, if given enough time, or do i have to flip every brick so that they get dried on both sides?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks for the ideas regarding cleaning Lego bricks!
I submerged some bricks in warm soapy water for an hour or so and they seem quite a lot cleaner when comparing to identical pieces that i didn't clean (but are dirty)

That tiny little "hole" on the opposite side of a stud seems to take ages to dry, if it is facing up. On pieces facing down they haven't dried yet. Will they ever, if given enough time, or do i have to flip every brick so that they get dried on both sides?

Oven at it's lowest setting (100 degrees F?) for a while?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Big Bang Theory AND Doctor Who? Great! It's like all your worst friends' Facebook statuses in Lego form! :suicide:

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rare Collectable posted:

Not much of a Big Bang fan but if we could get some sets based off Roseanne or Will and Grace, then we would be talking.

Cast my vote for Caroline in the City.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Given that the last time Lego was 'considering' was the Research Institute set, it's probably very likely we'll see Doctor Who appear at some point. My read on what he said was that they had chosen to make a Doctor Who set, but they were still working exactly which one to do, logistics, etc.

Taking into account that one of the DW ones up for review was literally just two minifigs and a tiny TARDIS, it's probably going to be the other one with a lot more to build.
That was my take too. I'm sure Doctor Who has insane licensing they have to get through between getting all the various actors' likenesses, different ownerships between countries, and whatnot. I don't think Big Bang has any competing toy figures out now, and isn't as big internationally.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Experts predict a tenfold increase in cum-stained jorts.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Cast my vote for Caroline in the City.

Home Improvement or the Red Green Show. Imagine the builds!

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I desperately want an official Seinfeld set, but it will never happen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Saint Sputnik posted:

Home Improvement or the Red Green Show. Imagine the builds!

I can finally get that JTT minifig! :allears:

When will I get my Golden Girls house set?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

SaNChEzZ posted:

Oven at it's lowest setting (100 degrees F?) for a while?

100F looks like about 38C. Ovens here usually have a minimum temperature of 60C, whereas Lego recommends exposing Lego bricks to no more than 40C.
It does however look like the bricks got as dry as they can get by spending the night on the bathroom floor though, including bricks with studs up! (ie that small crevice facing down)
Its gonna take me literal weeks to clean and dry all this Lego.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 8, 2014

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I think people forget that BBT is just so drat popular. It's the #1 tv show and has been that for a few years.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

smackfu posted:

I think people forget that BBT is just so drat popular. It's the #1 tv show and has been that for a few years.

It's popular, that's why Goons hate it.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Colonial Air Force posted:

It's popular, that's why Goons hate it.

And here I thought most goons hated it for the same reasons I do: it's not funny and consistently goes for the most obvious, predictable jokes which are invariably followed by 2-3 seconds of laugh track.

I'll own my comedy snob mantle though: where are my goddamn Bluth Banana Stand, Model House, Gob Illusion Playset, and Truck (with hop-on homeless man minifig) sets?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I will take a Bob's Burgers food truck, please.

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
In case anyone is willing to venture out shipping on Thanksgiving, Kmart's BF ad shows 40% off all LEGO. starting at 7PM

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Dogen posted:

There's an idea I can get behind. In the meantime, here's someone's custom minifigs and a couple versions of the restaurant.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Gonna get Big Bang Theory, and praying Wall-E makes it through mostly unchanged.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

There's an idea I can get behind. In the meantime, here's someone's custom minifigs and a couple versions of the restaurant.

Way too creepy

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Dogen posted:

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now. And a koochi kopi for bob to hold.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Lawen posted:

And here I thought most goons hated it for the same reasons I do: it's not funny and consistently goes for the most obvious, predictable jokes which are invariably followed by 2-3 seconds of laugh track.

I'll own my comedy snob mantle though: where are my goddamn Bluth Banana Stand, Model House, Gob Illusion Playset, and Truck (with hop-on homeless man minifig) sets?

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2012/05/arrested-development-lego-set-assembled.php

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

Lawen posted:

gently caress Big Bang Theory.

Now if the did a Lego set based on Community, that would be epic. Mainly because Community would use the set and make a entire Lego stop motion episode...

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

To get away from the whole Big Bang Theory/Doctor Who sucks discussion, a friend of mine has the Black Sea Barracuda (6285) and Skull's Eye Schooner (6286), only without the sails. He can't afford to buy new ones but wants to to take a stab at recreating them from scratch, only he needs the dimensions/pattern/template, whatever you call it, to do so.

Anyone here happen to have those sets/sails, or know where to get what he needs? It would really be appreciated.

e:
These sets:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Running out of space for my new Lego sets. Had to break down 3 modulers, 4 "regular" sets and two collector series.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ineptitude posted:

Blow compressed air at the holes to drive the water out.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Taeke posted:

To get away from the whole Big Bang Theory/Doctor Who sucks discussion, a friend of mine has the Black Sea Barracuda (6285) and Skull's Eye Schooner (6286), only without the sails. He can't afford to buy new ones but wants to to take a stab at recreating them from scratch, only he needs the dimensions/pattern/template, whatever you call it, to do so.

Anyone here happen to have those sets/sails, or know where to get what he needs? It would really be appreciated.

e:
These sets:

I have the BSB with all sails. Not sure how to get the exact dimensions to you, maybe take a few pictures next to a ruler or something? I would imagine you could find that online already but I'm guessing you' already looked and didn't find anything.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

ChesterJT posted:

I have the BSB with all sails. Not sure how to get the exact dimensions to you, maybe take a few pictures next to a ruler or something? I would imagine you could find that online already but I'm guessing you' already looked and didn't find anything.

If you can stick it on a scanner, that will give you the exact dimensions needed. Then he can just print it out and use it as a guide when cutting fabric.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
FWIW I book marked this seller on bricklink a little while ago because they make pretty good looking custom capes. While I've never bought anything from them and can't testify to their quality, they make custom sails too. They look to be priced below the market rate.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I found a bag of minifigs that got overlooked when my parents were getting rid of my Legos, was gonna put 'em up in SA Mart... what's a fair amount to ask for the whole lot?

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 10, 2014

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I found a bag of minifigs that got overlooked when my parents were getting rid of my Legos, was gonna put 'em up in SA Mart... what's a fair amount to ask for the whole lot?

The blue space minifig goes for the most of that lot due to it being Benny from the movie. Probably 10bux just for that.

I'd say a fair price is like $25 for all of those. Probably could get more on ebay, but ebay is ebay and takes its cut along with paypal.

I could always use more Ice Planet Wilford Brimleys and Blacktron jetpacks. I want dibs on this if you don't mind.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's not actually Benny though, that's an actual classic space figure.. the price depends completely on how good the gold on the crest is. A faded one will be about $5, a pristine one will be $10 if you treat bricklink prices as gospel.

Now excuse me while I :spergin:

I wouldn't pay $10 for a blue classic space.. Lego improved their printing when the blue space figures came out, so the gold is a lot more durable. A red or yellow with good gold? Yeah that's worth a premium. But blue mini figures in good quality are super easy to get.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Stopped by the lego store in Wiesbaden earlier today, they had a bunch of research institutes and mechs, but nothing useful in the PAB wall.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I don't suppose anyone has any extra Fairytale princess or hun warrior from series 12 do they? Last 2 I need to finish the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

mattfl posted:

I don't suppose anyone has any extra Fairytale princess or hun warrior from series 12 do they? Last 2 I need to finish the series.

I think I have a princess, I can check later when I get home.