Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

WZC ain't poo poo. :smuggo:

The Double X is hilarious because they built the thing to store energy even faster than the X, and ended up gathering so much energy they had to fire it out of two cannons.

superman could beat up batman, its science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Technically, wouldn't the Moonlight Butterfly be the most powerful weapon ever equipped on a Gundam? I mean, at max power, it could remove all technology in a range from Earth to Jupiter, which would probably be lethal to everyone in space.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Pre-orders are showing up for Daban PG Red Frame Astray, which will apparently come with a free metal Gerbera Straight:

On a related note, pre-orders have also shown up for a PG-sized Tactical Arms:

Looks pretty drat good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Fauxtool posted:

seed had many more powerful weapons like Requiem and the Alaska base unless you only mean ones that fit on a mobile suit.

Requiem is literally a SEED Satellite Cannon, and even then it destroys colonies by destabilizing them like the WZ's buster rifle. The SC just straight up blows them up. And the Cyclops system isn't a beam weapon.

madpanda posted:

superman could beat up batman, its science.

The DX is probably one of the weaker Gundams overall actually, it just has the biggest gun.

The Muffinlord posted:

Technically, wouldn't the Moonlight Butterfly be the most powerful weapon ever equipped on a Gundam?

Not a beam weapon! And Turn A isn't even fair to bring up in these kinds of arguments anyways, it's way beyond a WMD.

I'm ready to :spergin: about Gundam X all day, come at me. :downs:

EDIT: Just in case you couldn't tell, that was a joke, please don't turn this thread into a gundam power level debate.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 18, 2014

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Pre-orders are showing up for Daban PG Red Frame Astray, which will apparently come with a free metal Gerbera Straight:

Looks pretty drat good.

Holy poo poo that looks awesome.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Incidentally, looking up their PG Tactical Arms was when I first realized Red Frame Kai is just the Red Frame with the Tactical Arms strapped to its back.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The Jormungand had a decent amount of firepower for a beam weapon, I think. Obsolete before it was even tested, but it packed quite a punch.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

chumbler posted:

I should hope the Powered GM Cardigan is going on your list, then. That thing is made of guns and I can't wait for it to be released.

:ssh: I'm painting that Zaku in Cardigan colors. Or in my first-gunpla-in-ten-years impression of Cardigan colors. Also, it's out. Just on back order. Because its made of guns, presumably. Reminds me that I need to order the HG Powered arms.

:spergin: METEOR shouldn't even be considered in this because it's designed to allow the Freedom and the Justice to engage a large amount of targets simultaneously. And there's nothing to suggest the giant fuckoff beam sabers are any more powerful than what you'd expect for a beam saber scaled up to the size of a battleship cannon. :spergin:

edit: Oh man, the Ez-8 team from the last episode of Build Fighters is getting a kit, and it's got feddy radar dishes. http://www.gundamplanet.com/hgbf-ez-sr.html

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 18, 2014

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
For comparison, in Super Robot Wars, the Wing Zero's buster rifles are slightly stronger than any other beam weapon.

Meanwhile, the Satellite Cannon has the same stats as the Ideon Sword. The show begins by saying, "A bunch of satellite cannons were fired, and now the setting is post-apocalyptic."

Personally, I love the X because it's asymmetric, like the nu.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rolling Buster Rifle's better since it's post movement. :colbert:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Warmachine posted:

edit: Oh man, the Ez-8 team from the last episode of Build Fighters is getting a kit, and it's got feddy radar dishes. http://www.gundamplanet.com/hgbf-ez-sr.html

It's already out; it's one of the kits that I got in the mail today. It's actually a pretty neat setup; it includes all the parts needed to build it in any of the three configurations they had in the episode. Essentially, it's the same body for the all three configurations; the only parts that vary between them are the right knee, the forearm bits, the shoulders, the head, the backpack options and whatever weapons you give it.

The nice thing about that meaning that there'll be spare parts leftover for you to customize other kits with.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uznare posted:

No wonder you're friends with Dickeye. Badpinions aplenty to be had!!!

Hey hey hey I think he's got terrible opinions about aesthetics too. I like sig in spite of his awful taste in anime robots, not because of it.

signalnoise posted:

Dickeye actually gives me poo poo all the time for the models I do like. Namely the AGE-1 models. I freely accept all criticism, I just like what I like. I said what I said before really as a "man I'm glad I didn't spend money today"

I like the AGE-1 models though! They're really simple and plain but I love that cartoony design. It was something else I made fun of you for. Probably not liking Exia.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

TaurusOxford posted:

Looks pretty drat good.

Are those fingers individually posable? That thing looks awesome

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Razzled posted:

Are those fingers individually posable? That thing looks awesome

if its a pg, yes definitely

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

The Muffinlord posted:

Technically, wouldn't the Moonlight Butterfly be the most powerful weapon ever equipped on a Gundam? I mean, at max power, it could remove all technology in a range from Earth to Jupiter, which would probably be lethal to everyone in space.

Apocrypha has Turn-A's Beam Rifle with a max output close to that of a Colony Laser, but much like Full Power MB it's never really brought up all that much so take it with salt.

Actual Strongest Beam Weapon in All of Gundam (tm) is probably Zeus' Thunder from the Steel Seven Crossbone manga, a Colony Laser capable of destroying Earth, and doing so while stationed all the way back in orbit around Jupiter. But that manga is silly even by Crossbone standards (and Crossbone standards have Zeon's long lost secret Newtype Chimp Force and old man Judau helping fight an AI in possession of Amuro's combat data) so... yeah.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm not too happy with how this is turning out. This is the Gundam build from hell.

I broke the part the holds the head together and the paint makes it so most things won't close all the way (namely the chest). Also, should have waited and topcoated it instead of being lazy because man that poo poo scratches off easy. I think I might see if I can spray some into a cup at point blank range and see if I can use that to hand paint some areas where it scratched for touch ups.

I should have just been like "you know, I'm happy with the clear pink."

That, or paid the extra $40 for the full armor and not have been a cheapass.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm not too happy with how this is turning out. This is the Gundam build from hell.

I broke the part the holds the head together and the paint makes it so most things won't close all the way (namely the chest). Also, should have waited and topcoated it instead of being lazy because man that poo poo scratches off easy. I think I might see if I can spray some into a cup at point blank range and see if I can use that to hand paint some areas where it scratched for touch ups.

The specter of :effort: is making me not really want to paint it. I'm still learning how to really do it properly and I'm not going to want to risk a $40-50 kit on a whim. I'm still planning on doing my other project, namely Danazine Ridley and Shaldoll Rogue Samus.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Has anyone here messed around with HGBF Gundam Fenice Rinascita much? I assume the port on the back will take one of the other BF backpacks, whilst retaining it's wings? Right now I think I want to give it the 00 Seven Sword rifle (probably switch the arms in) and see what I can put on the back. If I don't get more imaginative, I might just stick a Dark Matter pack on it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BizarroAzrael posted:

Has anyone here messed around with HGBF Gundam Fenice Rinascita much? I assume the port on the back will take one of the other BF backpacks, whilst retaining it's wings? Right now I think I want to give it the 00 Seven Sword rifle (probably switch the arms in) and see what I can put on the back. If I don't get more imaginative, I might just stick a Dark Matter pack on it.

The port on the back is meant for the Buster Rifle.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TARDISman posted:

The specter of :effort: is making me not really want to paint it. I'm still learning how to really do it properly and I'm not going to want to risk a $40-50 kit on a whim. I'm still planning on doing my other project, namely Danazine Ridley and Shaldoll Rogue Samus.

Not wanting to screw up expensive kits is why I'm about to order a bunch of Build Fighters sets to paint and mess with. I'd rather be out a 17 dollar model than gently caress up the Hi-Nu Ver.Ka MG that I really want.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

For babby's first painting (I want a yellow V-fin on the RX-78), could I just brush-paint that? I still have my Citadel paints and brushes from when I collected 40k. Would I need to prime it?

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Hey, what was that pen that people were recommending for panel lining? It was something crazy like .3mm or something, but I can't dig through the whole thread on my phone.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

For babby's first painting (I want a yellow V-fin on the RX-78), could I just brush-paint that? I still have my Citadel paints and brushes from when I collected 40k. Would I need to prime it?

For something as small as a v-fin, that's not something you need to prime. Brush painting will work fine.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

welcome to my life circa 2013 when I tried to do the same thing. I got so frustrated that I've put the project on hold. Not sure If I'll ever go back to it.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Also, while I'm thinking about it, has anyone ever made a conversion kit to turn the MG Gouf 2.0 into a Gouf Custom 2.0?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

The Muffinlord posted:

Hey, what was that pen that people were recommending for panel lining? It was something crazy like .3mm or something, but I can't dig through the whole thread on my phone.

I like the Copic Multiliner SP, it comes in 0.03mm. Problem is it's only in black, as far as I know.

You'd do a lot better getting this - it has a pigment pen for pretty much any conceivable color you'd ever want to use as a panel line. http://www.amazon.com/Triplus-Finel...iplus+fineliner

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BizarroAzrael posted:

There's a spacer part that lets you kind of mix it up, I don't know what you'll be able to pull off with it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Muffinlord posted:

Also, while I'm thinking about it, has anyone ever made a conversion kit to turn the MG Gouf 2.0 into a Gouf Custom 2.0?

Yes. Considering the price, though, you'd almost be better off just buying both MGs and kitbashing them together.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Monaghan posted:

welcome to my life circa 2013 when I tried to do the same thing. I got so frustrated that I've put the project on hold. Not sure If I'll ever go back to it.

Man, I wish people would have told me not to do it instead of "yeah man, just paint it!"

I've heard you can order replacement runners from Bandai for free. Has anyone tried that? Maybe I can get the A and B psychoframe runners replaced. Maybe I could even get them in green if I can give them the ID to the full armor.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
And this is why when FA Unicorn was on sale for ten bucks more than the regular kit I picked it up. I'm actually just about done with it now, just have to finish an arm and the head and the weapons.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You're not getting any use out of the parts order system unless you live in Japan. GK Parts has really cut down on their system to fit Bandai's draconian policies, and HLJ won't give you poo poo unless you prove that it came broken in a package from them.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Well, I guess what I'll have to do is soldier on, finish the thing and figure out a way to touch up whatever gets scratched off when I side the pieces together.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, I guess what I'll have to do is soldier on, finish the thing and figure out a way to touch up whatever gets scratched off when I side the pieces together.

Best of luck to you with that. I just found out my Unicorn is currently sitting in the back of a USPS truck driving away from my house, so I'm going to get that tomorrow, maybe work on it after Thanksgiving or finals, depending on how much energy I have after my family's over.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
oh cool i got my new model kit in

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

MJP posted:

I like the Copic Multiliner SP, it comes in 0.03mm. Problem is it's only in black, as far as I know.

You'd do a lot better getting this - it has a pigment pen for pretty much any conceivable color you'd ever want to use as a panel line. http://www.amazon.com/Triplus-Finel...iplus+fineliner

Sakura Microns are the other brand. I still prefer those for the filling/wiping excess ink, the color seems idk deeper? and seems to stick better when handling the model. The Copics are nice when you are outlining a piece, and really nice for face grooves.

I'd hoped that .03mm would be small enough to get into really tight places without having to wipe much, but hg rx-78-2 30th edition is proving otherwise.

It could just be the tip/ink cart I got with the Copic but I find myself having to write on paper quite a bit while paneling just to get the ink flowing again.

Still leaps and bounds better than the other tech pens i got from dickblick to try out.

Sakura microns you can find bulk on amazon if you just want all 1 color/size btw.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

muike posted:

:hfive: Main reason I bought the GM Sniper II.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

muike posted:

:aaa:
I didn't even know it came with that.
Excited to build it once we move into a larger place.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
How well-articulated are the HGFC Burning Gundam and Master Gundam (w/ Fuunsaiki)? I'm probably getting them on Thursday when I get paid, but the way I want to pose them when I'm done might be a little tricky.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TARDISman posted:

Best of luck to you with that. I just found out my Unicorn is currently sitting in the back of a USPS truck driving away from my house, so I'm going to get that tomorrow, maybe work on it after Thanksgiving or finals, depending on how much energy I have after my family's over.

I actually just finished mine and even in Unicorn (IE the mode I'm leaving it in) it looks super dope. Now I'm torn between Sinanju and Sazabi for the Christmas Miracle, assuming that RX782 2.0 and Char's Zaku 2.0 don't get here before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SALT CURES HAM posted:

How well-articulated are the HGFC Burning Gundam and Master Gundam (w/ Fuunsaiki)? I'm probably getting them on Thursday when I get paid, but the way I want to pose them when I'm done might be a little tricky.

They're about as poseable as you can ask for, especially Build Burning. Any real limitations will be due to the MS design rather than poor engineering.