Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
GM Sniper II is the first to come to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Which suits were in 0080 that don't already have MGs?

Hy-gogg and GM Sniper II and the little dude that comes with the HG GM Sniper II that I'm totally blanking on the name of.

EDIT: A remake of the Alex would be pretty sweet, too.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 20, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Fair enough, I thought they did have MGs.

I'd love a new MG Kampfer too.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fair enough, I thought they did have MGs.

I'd love a new MG Kampfer too.

Same here, although I wouldn't buy it, I'd wait for the eventual Kampfer Amazing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Which suits were in 0080 that don't already have MGs?

Everything that isn't either the Alex or Kampfer.

GM Sniper II, Hygogg, Zaku FZ, Gelgoog Jaeger, GM Cold District Type, Mass Produced Guncannon and so on.

Not only are they really cool designs, I'd like a Sniper II, MP Guncannon and GM Cannon so I can make the White Dingo team.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
I need that Exia. I need all the Exias. I even need another plain MG Exia, because my Ignition Mode is becoming an RI.

Otherwise I really need to give my wallet a rest for the near future. It's just so hard. :shepspends:

e:

Swagger Dagger posted:

Gonna buy every HGBF. All of them.

This too. Sort of.

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 20, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

Forever the greatest toy commercial.

I'm dying for the Powered Cardigan.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Can someone explain whats with the diff hi-nu versions? it looks like only 1 has the HG tag, are the other 2 just action figures? I bought HG hi-nu on a whim after just checking the box art and it's prob one of my favorite kits.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

There are now 3 HG Hi Nu kits (Original, GPB Custom, and now Brave), then there's the Robot Damashii Hi Nu figures, one of which has more die cast metal or something.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

TaurusOxford posted:

He means GP-04. It's codename is Gerbera.

So much for my MG Kirara version.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My first Gundam Marker arrived, a dark grey one. And oh my god, the difference is like night and day. And I found a nifty little corner-cutting use that saves me a lot of tedium. Once I clip a gray or black part free from the runner, instead of sanding, I can just cut off the nub with an x-acto, and then cover any stress lines with the marker. Now I just need to get colored ones, so I can do this with red and blue parts, too.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts
God drat you P-Club. I have no money, and I really have no money for special ordering japan exclusive limited release kits. So you just had to go and make a Dozle Zabi custom Rick Dom, didn't you? You rear end in a top hat.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

TARDISman posted:

There are now 3 HG Hi Nu kits (Original, GPB Custom, and now Brave), then there's the Robot Damashii Hi Nu figures, one of which has more die cast metal or something.

The brave on taghobby seems to have 3 revisions is what i'm asking about. All at 1/144 size.

http://www.taghobby.com/9-0/9-1/%E4...-gundam-series/

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

madpanda posted:

The brave on taghobby seems to have 3 revisions is what i'm asking about. All at 1/144 size.

Those are the same kit but with magazine-exclusive weapons. One from Dengeki Hobby, another from Gundam ACE.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

madpanda posted:

Ok gundamguy has the info, the other 2 showcase parts from magazine giveaways for april/may.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

My first Gundam Marker arrived, a dark grey one. And oh my god, the difference is like night and day. And I found a nifty little corner-cutting use that saves me a lot of tedium. Once I clip a gray or black part free from the runner, instead of sanding, I can just cut off the nub with an x-acto, and then cover any stress lines with the marker. Now I just need to get colored ones, so I can do this with red and blue parts, too.

Can we get some before/after pictures? I do mostly straight builds and while I'm all about painting some internal parts for detail, I'd love a shortcut to make stress marks less prevalent.

How flush are the nubs after you cut them free?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Speaking of Hi-Nu, how is the GPB version's kit?

Because I'm in love.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Speaking of Hi-Nu, how is the GPB version's kit?

Because I'm in love.

It's literally the same as the HGUC Hi-Nu, except with black and yellow. Just keep in mind that only two of the fin funnels can be deployed.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
no seriously it's vrabe

I'm so happy about MG DX that I don't really care what else Bandai announces, but green frame Norn being a web-exclusive too is just :psyduck:.

Did Bandai finally decide that they released enough MG Unicorns, or?

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Really hope the decals for hi-nu aren't magazine exclusive. Otherwise i'm buying japanese magazine for decals :retrogames:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MJP posted:

Can we get some before/after pictures? I do mostly straight builds and while I'm all about painting some internal parts for detail, I'd love a shortcut to make stress marks less prevalent.

How flush are the nubs after you cut them free?
Since you're covering any damage, you can cut completely flush, or even take a little bit off, without worrying about the damage.

Here's a before (where I'd normally start sanding)

And after shaving it down, then covering it up with the marker.

At this angle and light, you can even see where I shaved a tiny bit too much off, but the stress graying is gone completely.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

Since you're covering any damage, you can cut completely flush, or even take a little bit off, without worrying about the damage.

At this angle and light, you can even see where I shaved a tiny bit too much off, but the stress graying is gone completely.

If you're cutting right at the part, though, wouldn't that possibly induce gouging like that cut you have?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MJP posted:

If you're cutting right at the part, though, wouldn't that possibly induce gouging like that cut you have?

You can avoid doing that if you're careful, but it'll still require a lot of experience to pull it off consistently.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MJP posted:

Yeah. That's why you want to cut parallel to the surface. Shave off, rather than cutting off. I just got overeager and came at it at a bad angle.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yeah. That's why you want to cut parallel to the surface. Shave off, rather than cutting off. I just got overeager and came at it at a bad angle.

I'd love to see the results as you go on darker colors. After straight building MG Rex and having some nubs that didn't fully shave away cleanly this might not be a bad final touch-up option, or to use Gundam markers as I go through others.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, it's tricky because you have to angle your knife to get it to trim the plastic off, but if you incline it just sliiiiightly too much, it'll dive into the plastic and gouge a hole out, like me going for my wallet to buy all these loving kits

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Poison Mushroom posted:

You covered the nub up pretty good but the gouge is pretty visible. I would use a knife to de-nub if it didn't really make it noticeable.

Just finished watching Gundam Build Fighters, time to order all those master grades. They better make more because the designs in the show were so drat good.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tenzarin posted:

You covered the nub up pretty good but the gouge is pretty visible. I would use a knife to de-nub if it didn't really make it noticeable.

Just finished watching Gundam Build Fighters, time to order all those master grades. They better make more because the designs in the show were so drat good.

They're inevitable, especially with Exia Dark Matter being announced(which all but confirms Amazing Exia). Now that Unicorn is dying out, make way for BF and G Reco MGs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You mean Amazing Exia Repair, they better not make plain Amazing Exia because it was never even used. But if they did make it they will have broken the record of making a gunpla from a gundam in a show with the least screen time. The current holder is trans-am reborn's gundam since it was only in the last episode for 10? seconds?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If anything, we're getting Origin kits now.

I might actually get RG 00R because as far as I can tell, it fixes the biggest problem I have with the 00 (besides the backpack).

The gray accents on the face. On the MG they're so huge that the face looks super small from afar.

the MB fixes this,

and it looks like the RG will too. If they keep to the lineart, at least. Here's hoping they don't repurpose the Exia's frame, it would be pathetic if HG 00 was more articulated than its RG.

Actually, 00 is the first RG to go up against a top tier HG, huh?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Tenzarin posted:

You mean Amazing Exia Repair, they better not make plain Amazing Exia because it was never even used. But if they did make it they will have broken the record of making a gunpla from a gundam in a show with the least screen time. The current holder is trans-am reborn's gundam since it was only in the last episode for 10? seconds?

http://dalong.net/review/hg/bf16/bf16_p.htm

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tenzarin posted:

You mean Amazing Exia Repair, they better not make plain Amazing Exia because it was never even used.

Someone's forgetting its fight against the F91 Impulse...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It like had no backpack doesn't count. But I guess it can't beat trans-am reborn's gundam then :qq:.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We have RE Nightingale, getting RE Shamblo. Can RE Rafflesia be far behind, if RE is the "giant red mobile armor" line?

EDIT: I read poorly.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 21, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TARDISman posted:

Also the main incentive for the Skygrasper was getting the other two Striker Packs.

And now I want RG Strike Aile and Skygrasper. Thanks, dick.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Midjack posted:

We have RE Nightingale, getting RE Shamblo. Can RE Rafflesia be far behind, if RE is the "giant red mobile armor" line?

Wait, what? When was the Shamblo announced?!

Literally The Worst posted:

And now I want RG Strike Aile and Skygrasper. Thanks, dick.

Happy to help. Just today I got 3 people to want the MG DX and 2 the Wing Zero Flame/Honoo/Whatever. I'm doing Bandai's good work.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TARDISman posted:

Wait, what? When was the Shamblo announced?!

I want to know this too, cause GundamGuy has nothing even remotely implying a RE 1/100 Shamblo got announced.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TARDISman posted:

Happy to help. Just today I got 3 people to want the MG DX and 2 the Wing Zero Flame/Honoo/Whatever. I'm doing Bandai's good work.

I'm putting a freeze on MGs for a while because I'm loving strapped but goddammit I want some dope Strike action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I want to know this too, cause GundamGuy has nothing even remotely implying a RE 1/100 Shamblo got announced.

Wait, poo poo. I read it wrong. Sorry guys. :(