Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I thought the last match was fine, it's problem was that it was on a show full of gently caress finishes and hardcore stuff. By itself it sort of evened up the fights between the two of them, with Dean getting more offense in on both of them but Bray getting one DQ victory and one fluke victory. A 3rd match with Dean winning clean would be cool but not sure they want it to go another month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I feel like I just watched a halloween havoc.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Food Court Druid posted:

That was the son of the TV that blinded Shawn Micheals

That TV was two weeks from retirement!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Meat Recital posted:

Triple H is no. 2 in Creative.

26 writers

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I like that we have cut from the interesting panel to the three shitheads that spent an entire match talking about a minor Flintstones character.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I miss those two or three PPVs when they did after show press conferences by the wrestlers

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

gently caress this company

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I told you fuckers when that wwe shop info came out that it was a giant "we need to bury Dean" alarm

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
The only positive thing I can say about this PPV was that it retroactively makes the NXT special a 100 X better.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Food Court Druid posted:

That monitor has a family!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Fat Lowtax posted:

the fuckin' divas
They're saving that for Dunn's retirement present.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Evil Badman posted:

I liked the TV spot, we got foreshadowing of the monitor working to show it was "legit."

It was okay by itself but it was not the right finish for this match.

I mean, I doubt they're going to do this again at the Rumble, there's not a lot left to visit in this feud. Why not just have them beat each other to a pulp until one barely ekes out a fluke victory and both men have to be stretched off? Why not have Ambrose win standing tall? Why not have Bray win via the power of Satan flowing through his veins for one last surge? WHY NOT ANYTHING BUT THAT loving FINISH JESUS CHRIST WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH MY LIFE

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Pariah Rex posted:

So that's pretty much it for Dean Ambrose.

Hey he won some matches this year as part of the shield. The only way is up as he goes for the 0 in 12 next year.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Angular Landbury posted:

I like that we have cut from the interesting panel to the three shitheads that spent an entire match talking about a minor Flintstones character.

pretty sad when the "interesting" group is the one that has Alex Riley on it

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Tables, Ladders, Chairs, Stairs, Barricades, Trophies, Belts, Sticks, Briefcases, Timekeepers, and Monitors

WWE TLCSBTBSBTM 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"John Cena, a modern day Bruno Sammartino"
- Booker T

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Sure sounds like John Cena has to face some pretty high odds, A-Ri

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
If this whole postshow is going to be about Cena why wasn't it the main event jeezus.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Food Court Druid posted:

That was a very expensive Jeritron!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only good thing about this show is going to be the observer audio resulting from it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Really wish I would have switched off TLC when I was tempted to.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
They're trying to sell the ladders as being a gazillion feet tall, and the two of them did really go out and knock hell out of each other, but if you are bound and determined to do a gently caress finish after all that, why not just have Ambrose throw himself off a ladder one more time and wind up in a double-pin, or something like that? The narrative of the two of them being demented psychos who give no fucks about their bodies is pretty much established, if you are gonna stretch the feud out, why not do something else, and let them figure out some creative new way of killing each other for the Rumble?

Someone said it earlier, and it is pretty much verboten at this point, but if ever a feud was designed to end with a full on chairshot to the head, this is the one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well anyway, if this show was the result of the NXT special lighting a fire under WWE's asses.... that's even more depressing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

After the show, in the first Fallout segment, Dean Ambrose was stomping the poo poo out of the TV that blinded him.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I told you fuckers when that wwe shop info came out that it was a giant "we need to bury Dean" alarm

The "quietly under utilize him" hypothesis you've been making keeps getting stronger.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I thought that finish was kind of cool and a solid way to make Ambrose and Wyatt look good?

I think you goons are overly bitter at times...and that PPV wasn't that bad. It certainly wasn't 2014 Battleground bad.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

flashy_mcflash posted:

- Booker T

I see no problem with this

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Skunkrocker posted:

Tables, Ladders, Chairs, Stairs, Barricades, Trophies, Belts, Sticks, Briefcases, Timekeepers, and Monitors

WWE TLCSBTBSBTM 2015

Don't forget the Nikki Bella Pepper Spray

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Skunkrocker posted:

WWE TLCSBTBSBTM 2015

WWE PBBBFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT 2015

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dean Ambrose got the main event just so he could job to a television in the highest profile spot.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Ages posted:

I wish there was a way to delete an entire ppv from my memory.

Come home...

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
I love Renee young BC she gives no fucks whenever heyman tries to bury her. I am a casual viewer, but is heyman like that with all the announcers?

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Jerusalem posted:

It's overexaggerated theatrical drama like wrestling has always been, what I was pointing out was that none of it was a "botch" because it was all laid out to happen exactly as it did.

i wasn't trying to say you were wrong. you aren't. i'm just lashing out because i just wasted 3 more hours of my life because i never learn that wrestling will never be as good as it was when i started watching, a)because it was the start of 2000 and b)because i was 13, so every night it's on i will watch and wait for it to get good again and it just keeps getting worse.

thank God for NXT.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I am so loving glad I didn't drive 2.5 hours to go to that

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Well... that happened.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

i don't even think they are trying to bury him otherwise bray would have just beaten him. I agree that its lovely and stupid but they really know how to bury someone when they want to and it doesn't look like this. I'm not suggesting this finish was an attempt to keep him strong.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

I believed you.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
This week on Main Event: Bray vs Dean in a Blindfold match!

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Jerusalem posted:

Well anyway, if this show was the result of the NXT special lighting a fire under WWE's asses.... that's even more depressing.

It was lighting a fire under talents asses. The talent tried all they could to make a forgettable show passable and it didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

- Booker T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY

• Locked thread