Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Ross posted:

Can "I have other stuff to do. LOTS of other stuff." be the new thread subtitle?

Professional writer?

writer AND editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Well my wife bought me the official Song of Ice and Fire calendar for Xmas so Merry loving xmas, bad thread!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

As a non-American, I think it's frankly loving bizarre how people have gone into a tizzy over this movie's release being cancelled. Like, holy poo poo, Obama made a statement about it. There's not more important things for the President to comment on, so he holds a presser to say it was a mistake to cancel a film's release? :psyduck:

Bizob
Dec 18, 2004

Tiger out of nowhere!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

As a non-American, I think it's frankly loving bizarre how people have gone into a tizzy over this movie's release being cancelled. Like, holy poo poo, Obama made a statement about it. There's not more important things for the President to comment on, so he holds a presser to say it was a mistake to cancel a film's release? :psyduck:

To be somewhat fair to Barry O, he didn't call the presser about the stupid movie. He gives an annual press conference at this time of year, and someone happened to ask him about it. It wasn't even the dumbest thing to come out of that press conference, that honor belongs to the people complaining that he only called on female journalists.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aston posted:

I got a wild cards book for Christmas

Wow, someone pissed off santa this year! Which one did you get?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Unkempt posted:

Well my wife bought me the official Song of Ice and Fire calendar for Xmas so Merry loving xmas, bad thread!

jfc. that's supposed to be Tyrion and Shae I guess?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

kcroy posted:

Wow, someone pissed off santa this year! Which one did you get?

Down and dirty

E: having heard so much about it I am looking forward to experiencing it first hand

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Unkempt posted:

Things I am in this picture:

Shae's stretchy giraffe neck
Tyrion's treasure trail that extends from his neck down to his sack
Tyrion's otherwise bare chest and body
That book

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
If you look carefully, you'll see some books. Because Tyrion likes to read. And a whore. Because Tyrion likes to sex. And a cyvasse board. Because Tyrion likes to cyvasse. And a goblet of wine. Because Tyrion likes to drink.

It's very subtle.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Lions on crimson and white cum on hookers
Bright golden breastplates and, er, piles of, um, "bookers"
Feeling real bad in this Landing of Kings
~*~These are a few of my favorite things~*~

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Unkempt posted:

Tyrion's head is on Shae's body and I can't unsee it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

p.crestmont posted:

Tyrion's head is on Shae's body and I can't unsee it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the heads on the wrong bodies.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Silent night, me no write
Wish I thought of hound/brienne fight

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the heads on the wrong bodies.

It took me several minutes of staring at the picture to untangle what's connected where.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

bartlebyshop posted:

It took me several minutes of staring at the picture to untangle what's connected where.

Right? I couldn't tell who was in who.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm the faux medieval realism as embodied in a g-string.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

bartlebyshop posted:

I can't even tell what he is sitting on. A bed? A seat? It's like an Escher painting.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
that loving calendar picture jesus christ hahahahahah

im in awe

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Unkempt posted:

Guest model Simon Pegg from Spaced filling in for the artist's understanding that a dwarf is supposed to be noticeably smaller than your average person. loving hell I hate nearly everything about that. I mean I get that most depictions of Tyrion are handsome now because of Peter Dinklage, and that's a fair sacrifice to have an actor of Dinklage's caliber in the role, but Tyrion being ugly is really something I miss.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Are there other pictures, and are they as good as that one?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I mean who in the gently caress thought anyone would want to stare at that for 5 seconds let alone 30 loving days.

I mean I know there are weirdos out there in this fandom that probably think it's just awesome but you know what I mean, normals. What normal person.

Big Bug Hug posted:

Are there other pictures

I'd be willing to guess there are 11 other pictures. Just a hunch. :cheeky:

Damo fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Dec 26, 2014

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I would expect 7 pictures with them promising that the other 5 will be out next year before GRRM makes a livejournal post about it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
And the last available picture isn't actually finished.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
I want a calendar with all 12 alien head emoticon mood things from gurm's livejournal with a corresponding topic or thing that makes him feel that emotion.

December: Lazy Alien (Writing anything)
January: Excited Alien (His lovely theater, footballs)
February: Horny Alien (Wild Cards)
March: Betrayed Alien (HBO's Hit Television Series Game of Thrones)
April: Pensive Alien (Deciding what to eat for elevensies)

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Lions on crimson and white cum on hookers
Bright golden breastplates and, er, piles of, um, "bookers"
Feeling real bad in this Landing of Kings
~*~These are a few of my favorite things~*~

AHahahaha

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Big Bug Hug posted:

Are there other pictures, and are they as good as that one?

None of the other picture are as entertaining as that one, sorry.

This is the guy responsible, and googling 'donato giancola song of ice and fire' gets you most of the rest.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Unkempt posted:

"I have seen things you people wouldn't believe...pink thighs flaming with hepatitis c...Treasure trails glimmering with the sweat of unwanted sex....I see vomit glittering near feet the size of torsos...fat rolling like hillsides drawn by Hienoymous Bosch...all those moments...thank god lost to time...like plot lines written by GRRM...kill me now please...."

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I was visited by the Ghost of Christmas Shitdick today.
Not really him, but the GRRM is strong with this one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Millions posted:

I was visited by the Ghost of Christmas Shitdick today.
Not really him, but the GRRM is strong with this one.

He's getting food and not writing. Are you sure it's not him?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GRRM posted:

We have booked a full run, so THE INTERVIEW will continue to run for two weeks, in rotation with the other films that we had already committed too before this all broke.

Ross posted:

Professional writer?

I know this is from a page back, but..

GRRM posted:

We have booked a full run, so THE INTERVIEW will continue to run for two weeks, in rotation with the other films that we had already committed too to which we were committed before this all broke.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
If GRRM's publisher is talking about how the 2015 release isn't possible, doesn't that mean that they have already pretty much given up on the hope that GRRM can stay ahead of the TV show and actually dictate how the story will progress?

GoT season 5 will contain stuff from second half of AFFC/ADWD, which means the spring of 2015 they are beginning to write the scripts for season 6 which should already (in theory) contain material from TWOW, unless they are planning to stretch out the remaining storylines from the published books. Somehow I don't find this likely, since they have moved through the books with a much quicker pace than everyone was expecting, cutting down on the pointless fillers. For an author, GRRM's relaxed and carefree attitude towards his most important work seems odd to say the least.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

OhYeah posted:

If GRRM's publisher is talking about how the 2015 release isn't possible, doesn't that mean that they have already pretty much given up on the hope that GRRM can stay ahead of the TV show and actually dictate how the story will progress? finish the story?

Fixed that for you.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

OhYeah posted:

If GRRM's publisher is talking about how the 2015 release isn't possible, doesn't that mean that they have already pretty much given up on the hope that GRRM can stay ahead of the TV show and actually dictate how the story will progress?

Unless they're completely mental they've already given up on that possibility when production for the fourth season began.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

HBO knew what they were in for. They asked him for the ending of the series before they went in on the first season, remember. Even then, the suits at Home Box Office knew the Gurm would sloth himself into irrelevance.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
I have to confess that becoming a writer one day is my life-long dream. When I'm older, even more bitter and disappointed in the life around me and when I absolutely cannot stand anyone or anything, I can hopefully at least do that: write. The idea that someone else would continue/finish/alter in any way my creation would problably kill me (if my liver would not have done that already, because of course I aspire towards being an alcoholic writer). An author should live and die by his books.

If you don't care about your books, why should anyone else care?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I still laugh a little when I remember there were still people during season 4 that thought the show would go on hiatus before going into books 6 & 7.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

OhYeah posted:

I have to confess that becoming a writer one day is my life-long dream. When I'm older, even more bitter and disappointed in the life around me and when I absolutely cannot stand anyone or anything, I can hopefully at least do that: write. The idea that someone else would continue/finish/alter in any way my creation would problably kill me (if my liver would not have done that already, because of course I aspire towards being an alcoholic writer). An author should live and die by his books.

If you don't care about your books, why should anyone else care?

As a supremely amateur writer myself (there needs to be a bigger word than amateur. Incompetent might be too strong, but an equivalent), it is just weird how the passion can go. You can find yourself eagerly writing hundreds of thousands of words of nonsense, and then it just slowly drops off and you can't find the mental energy or creativity to do it any more. There was some study I read that shows that the brain releases almost as much endorphins or whatever the 'pleasure chemicals' are of thinking about completing something as actually doing it, and entropy kicks in.

So in some ways, I can see why, if GRRM did stop writing, why he did. Doesn't excuse it, but I can understand it. Maybe. Then again, I don't have any actual CONTRACTS or OBLIGATIONS, and GRRM seems to have lucked out in getting the shittiest editors on the planet. Though that sort of begs the question: if he just doesn't have the spark any more, do you want someone to put a gun to his head and force him to write? Imagine the crap you'd get.

Then again, I really think the actual reason everything went to poo poo after Storms is because GRRM finally crashed into the wall that his 'contempt-indulgence' of traditional fantasy inevitably set up (which is why Storms is so good, in the sense that setting off all the fireworks at once is good, and then afterwards you have no more fireworks).

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Lycus posted:

I still laugh a little when I remember there were still people during season 4 that thought the show would go on hiatus before going into books 6 & 7.

Those people still exist. So do the fans who want HBO to drag AFFC/ADWD over three seasons. A lot of them also want GOT to end with a feature-length movie, possibly even a trilogy. GURM wants all of these things.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I want the GOT series to end as a movie because there's no way it won't be a trainwreck trying to finish up everything in 2 hours in a way that makes sense to anyone who didn't watch the entire series and the last season shortly before seeing the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The ending HBO gives me will be enough. Once it ends I will patiently wait until GRRM dies and then buy the last of the books.

There won't be anymore books. Not a spoiler, but just in case someone wants to be surprised.