Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Eva thread dies. Eva thread rises. Death and Rebirth.

Are there any girls in this thread who can sing?

Zankoku na Tenshi no These

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alright, everyone pack it up. We're done here. We don't even need 4.44. This is it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

Alright, everyone pack it up. We're done here. We don't even need 4.44. This is it.

Oh my God

It's full of stars

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vermain posted:

Humanity has finally created the ultimate piece of artistic expression. All other forms of art- past, present, and future- will look miniscule compared to this greatness. This perfection.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Vermain posted:

It's too beautiful...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

TARDISman posted:

It's too beautiful...

Keep listening because the next one is Connect from Madoka Magica and i'm dying.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

Keep listening because the next one is Connect from Madoka Magica and i'm dying.

holy poo poo

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

a kitten posted:

I sent this to a friend and their response was Ahyuk! Donald just got his head bit clean off!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vermain posted:

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

Absolutely perfect.

E: You Can (Not) Hyuk

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
gooby sounds like crying

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
That basically sums up my Eva experience in one song.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKqs1JLDbp4

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Died when he threw the gawrsh in there

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

http://animatorexpo.com/untilyoucometome/

So hey looks like the Khara staff put together a short for the Animation expo that's been going on for a while and wait what

:stare:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mr. stefan posted:

http://animatorexpo.com/untilyoucometome/

So hey looks like the Khara staff put together a short for the Animation expo that's been going on for a while and wait what

:stare:

I want to punch Studio Khara's collective ballsacks. You could have ended the tie ins with the Eva horse, and you'd have ended em on a high note. Now you're just trolling. Either way I suspect I'd still be waiting on that 4th movie all the same, but I guess what I'm saying is that I really liked the Eva horse and all this extra crap is just them dangling an unnecessary carrot in front of my face.

Come back to me, Eva horse.:swoon:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I dont know what you're upset about I thought it was neat

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

straight jerkers posted:

I dont know what you're upset about I thought it was neat

I'm gonna chalk this up to me being bad at internet. I was screwing around. Not really bothered that much, even if I do feel like the short felt like more buzz for a movie that's got plenty of it already. It was nifty, the music was good, and it gave us more to look at in the post-whatever Impact Tokyo III we're at now. It just makes the wait harder, is all.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
That's a lot better than a 3D rainbow piano.

Megafunk fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 19, 2014

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

What's that symbol on the back of Shinji's plugsuit at the end?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DrPop posted:

What's that symbol on the back of Shinji's plugsuit at the end?
Lowercase alpha.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I really liked the trailer except for the part where it feels like 4.0 is still loving ages away

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

They already did bait and switch once with teasers, I wouldn't get too worked up over anything you see here actually being in 4.0.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Midjack posted:

They already did bait and switch once with teasers, I wouldn't get too worked up over anything you see here actually being in 4.0.

Eva 4.4 confirmed for no evangelions.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Eva 4.4 confirmed for no evangelions.

4.4 is just going to be a two hour run of Star Fox 64, closing with a boss fight against the polygonal head of Hideaki Anno, laughing.

When he's beaten the screen goes white except for a portrait sized square of black in the middle of the screen. Insults and derision appear in scrawled handwriting on the white border, as you hear them whispered out loud by the cast. The black of the portrait square deepens, and you see your own face in the reflection of the screen.

Alternatively, 4.4's blu-ray case has a single floppy disc in it containing a Windows 95 screensaver of Pen Pen floating in a pool, on a lilo, drinking beers.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Hocus Pocus posted:

Alternatively, 4.4's blu-ray case has a single floppy disc in it containing a Windows 95 screensaver of Pen Pen floating in a pool, on a lilo, drinking beers.

It'll come out in the states before 3.33 at least.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
ITS SDAT REI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys I got possessed by evageeks for a second there

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I finished reading the manga today. It's a good read.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Squallege posted:

I finished reading the manga today. It's a good read.

Well, sure. If you're HITLER.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Maybe we'll actually get 3.33 in English or the final Rebuild movie... or not.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

Maybe we'll actually get 3.33 in English or the final Rebuild movie... or not.

Funimation has it back up on their website for pre-order so it may come out a mere year behind schedule.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with the disassociation from Gainax

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

Parallax posted:

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with the disassociation from Gainax

Nope. The movies were always licensed from NTV with Khara holding power as original creator (along with Anno). It's basically that Funi hosed up so badly with translation/dubbing to the point where Khara's English staff wanted it to be re-done differently and Khara's own subtitle track used. If you want someone to blame for the delay, Funi are your people.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
The primordial soup goon-meet is gonna be pretty awkward.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So, normal then.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
A poorly bearded body washes up on shore with a note that says "buy some deoderant for christs sake"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'm a sucker for alternate what-ifs and production background stories, so apologies if this is the 6000th time this has been asked in the thread before, but: was the TV series story arc planned from the beginning, and if so, how closely did the series adhere to the plan?

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

was the TV series story arc planned from the beginning?
no

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I'm a sucker for alternate what-ifs and production background stories, so apologies if this is the 6000th time this has been asked in the thread before, but: was the TV series story arc planned from the beginning, and if so, how closely did the series adhere to the plan?

There were some short episode synopsises included with the original proposal for the series from 1993. They start notably deviating from the final product around episode 12 (some similarities remain though). Here they are in all their haphazardly translated glory:

Neon Genesis Evangelion Proposal posted:

Episode 13: What comes after fear: The great defeat Shinji had expected to come. The breakdown of the Eva unit-01. Shinji gets trapped inside.

Episode 14: An illness that leads to death, and: A rescue from the damaged unit-01. A drama of people. Shinji learns true fear and hopelessness.

Episode 15: Shinji, once again: After his recovery, Shinji's decision to ride the Eva unit-01 once again. The Eva unit-01 is given an overhaul remake job.

Episode 16: In the heart of the enemy: Shinji is taken into and Angel and for the first time, communication is made. Part of the Angels' objective is brought to light.

Episode 17: Asuka's 1st date: Asuka goes to an amusement park for the first time. Misato's past. A romance comedy.

Episode 18: the choice of life: Shinji fights the Angel-controlled Eva unit-03 piloted by his friend. The choice Shinji makes.

Episode 19: A man's battle: Asuka is heavily wounded protecting Shinji. Shinji tries to prove himself to her. The Evas' first aerial battle. Kaji's death.

Episode 20: Nerv's birth: The Eva unit-05 is sent to Nerv from Germany. A story of what happened 15 years ago: The evaporation of the Dead sea, the creation of Nerv and the Evas. A story of Shinji's father.

Episode 21: At least, like a human: An underwater battle around a sunken ship. Shinji receives a mental attack by an Angel. A story of Shinji's mother.

Episode 22: The cat and the transfer student: The first humanoid Angel (child with a pet cat) Nerv's accidental allowing of the Angel's entry into the laboratory. Shinji's dilemma of fighting a humanoid Angel. The laboratory's greatest secret is shown.

Episode 23: "The Human Instrumentality Project" The secrets of Eva and the Human Instrumentality Project unveiled, along with the truth behind the goals of Ritsuko and Shinji's father.

Episode 24: "Now, the Promised Time" Rei breaks down. Her secrets are revealed. At last awakened, the twelve strongest Apostolos descend from the Moon. Both Eva Unit-06 and the American continent vanish completely. Humans acknowledge their helplessness in the face of the Apostolos' crushing power. The promised time, when people will return to nothing, approaches. A human drama in the depths of despair.

Episode 25: "Arka, the Promised Land" The laboratory holds the ancient ruins of Arka, which have become key. In order to stop the twelve Apostolos, the United Nations' head members annul the Human Instrumentality Project and resolve to destroy the Apostolos. Shinji's father objects. Shinji and the others stay at the laboratory for Rei. A drama of people conflicting over incongruous objectives.

Final Episode: "The Only Neat Thing to Do" On the stage of the destroyed laboratory, all mysteries and drama are concluded. The denouement.

EDIT:
Other notable differences is that episode 1 would have been more like the manga version, with Shinji witnessing Rei fighting the Angel in Unit-01, and episode 4 would have apparently have centred around Gendo refusing to say "Congratulations!" to Shinji on his birthday.

Utritum fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 7, 2015

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Only Neat Thing to Do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: A drama of people. Shinji learns true fear and hopelessness.