Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the focus was more on his name than those examples so yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

muike posted:

Chiaki J. Konaka, the series script supervisor of Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, and Hellsing, was writing the script.

dis gon be good

It's about time he wrote an anime script again. Been too long.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

"Thanks to John Titor for the news tip." :ohdear:

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is rolling girls good?

i know its good but how good is it?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Srice posted:

It's about time he wrote an anime script again. Been too long.

I'm really loving excited srice :yayclod:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

PotU posted:

is rolling girls good?

i know its good but how good is it?

If you like the crazy, kinda-dumb-but-also-kinda-awesome setting of Kill la Kill but can't stomach the creepy bullshit, then Rolling Girls is right up your alley.

I really wanna make a thread for Rolling Girls if no one else plans to. That first episode owned so hard.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

forbidden lesbian posted:

I'm really loving excited srice :yayclod:

I am glad that you have an anime to get massively hyped about, friend.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

If you like the crazy, kinda-dumb-but-also-kinda-awesome setting of Kill la Kill but can't stomach the creepy bullshit, then Rolling Girls is right up your alley.

I really wanna make a thread for Rolling Girls if no one else plans to. That first episode owned so hard.

i actually dont care about kill la kill at all but i still think this looks really good. please make a thread that i can contribute to after i watched it. 100% i will love this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

So its a boring version of kill la kill with less tits and rear end? Pass.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

It still bums me completely out that Nakamura died before this got made. :smith:

But I'm glad that they're finally going forward with it, I just hope they're able to bring in a director that knows what he's doing.

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

I watched the first sixty seconds of Unlimited Fafnir and holy loving poo poo I have never seen a shittier looking anime.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Torix posted:

I watched the first sixty seconds of Unlimited Fafnir and holy loving poo poo I have never seen a shittier looking anime.
That show has the most LN description ever. It's somewhat impressive in it's own, bland way

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Torix posted:

It sounds like you don't drink enough!

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Cooking Graffiti - I have no idea what that was. It seemed like people making weird noises while eating food, but there also seems to be a yuri subplot thing-a-ma-jig going on. Second cousins are even legal in the United States, so go for it what's-your-name!

Torix posted:

Unlimited Fafnir - Infinite Stratos, but the guy isn't as interesting and nobody has shown a single personality trait what-so-ever. Ok, the blonde is already antagonistic to the main character, but when he saves her life in the next episode, she will see how great of a person [insert male character's name here] is... and then want in his pants... along with every other girl with a design... just like [insert long white-haired girl's name here] already does.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Strong Mouse posted:

Cooking Graffiti - I have no idea what that was. It seemed like people making weird noises while eating food, but there also seems to be a yuri subplot thing-a-ma-jig going on. Second cousins are even legal in the United States, so go for it what's-your-name!

Cooking Graffiti did not have enough actual cooking action, I was sorely disappointed by the first episode.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

gently caress all that dumb poo poo, he wrote digimon tamers
Digimon Tamers was a loving amazing show that showed it's loving darkness to millions of children! :getin:

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

pandaK posted:

Cooking Graffiti did not have enough actual cooking action, I was sorely disappointed by the first episode.

But you have to admit, they definitely had their "erotic eating action"

aers
Feb 15, 2012

http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/80b03b0de68217c98792c8985dfab8ed.webm

Rolling Girls did eating better, sorry shaft.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

If you want to beat shaft you need more head tilt action.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I really want to like Rolling Girls but it just felt like a less funny KLK

Also the first episode of Death Parade is virtually flawless

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Rolling Girls felt like KlK but not creepy and also with plenty of budget. It was decent.

So far first episode of Aldnoah part 2 is the best new thing this season to me, though only that and Jojo have any more than a "meh" opinion from me (Rolling Girls I guess is coming in a mildly distant third)

Haven't seen Death Parade yet though

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Torix posted:

Speaking of which does anyone have any opinion on the show with a similar title, Fafner? I am curious as to why a mecha show from like 7-8 years ago has gotten a direct sequel!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Srice posted:

Speaking of which does anyone have any opinion on the show with a similar title, Fafner? I am curious as to why a mecha show from like 7-8 years ago has gotten a direct sequel!

There's been a fairly steady stream of OVAs and movies over the past few years - Heaven and Earth was in 2010 and was pretty good (Right of Left is also super great). SRW helped matters too, I wouldn't have realized it existed at all without that.

...I still need to poke Exodus though, I've been behind on stuff.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

I just saw this and it is the best news from this thread ever. Holy crap I am so hyped.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't say I understand what happened in rolling girls, but it seems cool, like klk took some Kyousougiga into itself to become good.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I checked out Rolling Girls after everyone compared it to Kyousougiga but it's got like five times the pointless plot and half the character. It feels maddeningly close to something good, however, so I'll keep watching.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

real talk though why does that one dude have a crocodile head

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oh yeah, stuff I watched.

Cindarella Girls was quite slow and spent a lot of time focusing on recruiting cool idol. New producer is p.cool tho.

Cooking Grafitti delivered on erotic eating scenes I just wish the girl eating erotically wasn't 14

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Guh, so far this season I've watched, like, Jojo. Why does Funi have to have all the vaguely promising (new) shows this season? I refuse to give them money but I'm too lazy to go around them for half a seasons worth of shows.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

madmac posted:

Guh, so far this season I've watched, like, Jojo. Why does Funi have to have all the vaguely promising (new) shows this season? I refuse to give them money but I'm too lazy to go around them for half a seasons worth of shows.

Between that and introducing a $5/month sub-only streaming subscription I think they're aggressively going after Crunchyroll's market.

It's messy right now but I think in the long run this sort of competition will be healthy.

(I just wish Funimation had a better video player)

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Namtab posted:

Oh yeah, stuff I watched.

Cindarella Girls was quite slow and spent a lot of time focusing on recruiting cool idol. New producer is p.cool tho.

Cooking Grafitti delivered on erotic eating scenes I just wish the girl eating erotically wasn't 14

I'm p. sure all anim characters are 14.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Graffiti Girl Cooking was charming and sweet, and also the least Shinbou of Shinbou shows. The "Ryou eating things" scenes are a little weirdly orgasmic, but it's bearable. This feels like it'll be the chill-out anime of the season.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Srice posted:

Between that and introducing a $5/month sub-only streaming subscription I think they're aggressively going after Crunchyroll's market.

It's messy right now but I think in the long run this sort of competition will be healthy.

(I just wish Funimation had a better video player)

And their queue system worked better, i feel like i have to search for new episodes too much and it doesn't just line up the next episode when watching a show that they've had up for a while. Like, when I was watching Psycho Pass I'd have to remember what episode I stopped at, it didn't just park itself there. Totally stupid.

At least on the 360, i've never actually tried watching poo poo on their webpage.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I dunno, I felt like Cooking Graffiti was pretty dull and it took me forever to finish the episode. Not sure how it'll work as a show because it's trying to be both a sweet, hazy slice of life and an uncomfortably sexual eating/yuri incest fanservice show.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a kitten posted:

And their queue system worked better, i feel like i have to search for new episodes too much and it doesn't just line up the next episode when watching a show that they've had up for a while. Like, when I was watching Psycho Pass I'd have to remember what episode I stopped at, it didn't just park itself there. Totally stupid.

At least on the 360, i've never actually tried watching poo poo on their webpage.

Yeah it's pretty bad on their website as well. It's rough because I would like to support their sub-only subscription but I'd rather just wait a week and have minimal fuss watching it on Hulu instead.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Srice posted:

Yeah it's pretty bad on their website as well. It's rough because I would like to support their sub-only subscription but I'd rather just wait a week and have minimal fuss watching it on Hulu instead.

At least you have that option. In Canada, we can't watch poo poo on Hulu.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

I dunno, I felt like Cooking Graffiti was pretty dull and it took me forever to finish the episode. Not sure how it'll work as a show because it's trying to be both a sweet, hazy slice of life and an uncomfortably sexual eating/yuri incest fanservice show.

Lets not read yuri into it because their relationship seems really tame and straightforwardly familial, to me at least. Maybe that's what their going for, but I doubt it.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Srice posted:

Yeah, the main thing that drives me crazy about Funi is that finding any specific thing on their website is a full time job and they're also really bad about uploading to hulu on a timely basis or communicating delays or just doing any basic quality of life thing I can think of. I mean it's not like I don't have 5 bucks, but I'm not going to give them five bucks for still not fixing their dumb website some drunk teenager coded in the 90s.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Lets not read yuri into it because their relationship seems really tame and straightforwardly familial, to me at least. Maybe that's what their going for, but I doubt it.

I feel like the intent of having a sweet familial relationship isn't entirely pure in this case. The cousin or whatever is the one to specifically call out the erotic eating and also (jokingly) suggest they be husband and wife. I don't think it'll go anywhere, but I also don't think they'll excise it because it's a whole additional aspect of appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sounds like a cool show

• Locked thread