Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Paper clips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'd like to use chains in a design. I might use cheap jewelers chain for free-hanging stuff, but I'd like stuff that can hold a shape. What I'm imagining is like a bendable rod that gives the right appearance, does such a thing exist?

The wire core of twist ties can also work. So can pipe cleaners, but they're harder to strip.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Suzaku posted:

The wire core of twist ties can also work. So can pipe cleaners, but they're harder to strip.

They also break with repeated use. They sell all kinds of wire for jewelry making at Michaels and other craft stores that might do the job.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
2 questions gunpla knowledge holders: For mantis' Enact, can I just repaint a plain vanilla ground Enact or do I really need the Ali Al-Sachez custom for the larger vise-shield and rear thrusters?
And is it OK to just repaint any HGUC F91 into Julian Mackenzie's Imagine or does the Titans color version come with different bits.

Okay a 3rd question, does Angelo's Geara Zulu carry any significant differences with a regular G.Zulu or is it just the large beam rifle.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Mantis' Enact is in fact the Ali custom, so yeah you'll need that. And technically no HGUC F91 would work for the Imagine since they use the MG lineart, but details. Yes, both the Harrison and the original version will work, but it'd be faster to use the original. Yes, it ditches the F runner, which basically has all of the regular Geara Zulu's weapons and its backpack.

You know you could answer a lot of these questions by looking at dalong, right?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 3, 2015

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I could, but I'd rather read it from someone who knows.
The lineart issue you mention with the HGUC F91, is this the same scale-situation that you mentioned for the vanilla V Gundam compared to the V2.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well I mean all I did was just check dalong. :v:

And no, the F91 is properly scaled. It just looks different from the one you'd see in animation, since the MG redesigned it to both be more feasible as a MG and to be easier to play with.
Fun Fact: RD F91 can not actually point its VSBRs straight ahead, since the rounded side skirt armors get in the way.

EDIT: On a related note, the Crossbone looks super silly with everything on at once.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 3, 2015

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Granted the :supaburn: gundam looks very different from the HG kit, so aesthetic compromises aren't giving me nightmares at the moment. I'll see about finding a HGUC F91 for Julian's Imagine now that I almost have the rest of the BF kits.

e: here's what I got today, Chinan's master gundam and Kirara's gerbera tetra. A 1/35 TUSKII SEP abrams tank thrown in for good measure, this is my third one. I've built one with the reactive tiles and another on deployment ordenance. I cannot recommend the tamiya kit enough. If you like armor and you can't find Dragon's 1/35 kits (the latter ones not the first M1A2 which is very dodgy) get this. It doesn't have a nonslip surface but you can fix that with texturized rustoleum spray

Here's a nice template you can use to coat that thing right;

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 3, 2015

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Some shots of the Reborn 100 GP-04 Gerbera.

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2014/05/bandai-reborn-re100-1100-gundam-gerbera.html

Sorry, meant the REBONE 100.

The Missing Link fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 3, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The fun part of browsing ebay listings is when you find ones that are either extremely tongue in cheek or rampant idiocy.

Like this one.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
eBay is for haunted items only.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

The fun part of browsing ebay listings is when you find ones that are either extremely tongue in cheek or rampant idiocy.

Like this one.

That is a work of art.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Did.. did he paint that with Krylon?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Read the description for the real gem.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Speaking of hilarious bootlegs, I got my Launcher Strike Dragon Momoko in the mail yesterday, and one of the red runners is blue instead. So I'm going to have a blue chin, feet, and chest parts. I'm actually pretty ok with it since it'll look pretty distinctive. And I like blue.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TARDISman posted:

Speaking of hilarious bootlegs, I got my Launcher Strike Dragon Momoko in the mail yesterday, and one of the red runners is blue instead. So I'm going to have a blue chin, feet, and chest parts. I'm actually pretty ok with it since it'll look pretty distinctive. And I like blue.

It's a first batch bonus. You have the option to either make it Launcher Strike or give it the same color scheme as Blast Impulse. You should have also gotten two C plates, which have the chest parts.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

BlitzBlast posted:

Read the description for the real gem.

I'm not an expert on kits, but I'm pretty sure that's about as legit as a 3 dollar bill. On top of having been painted with Krylon.

... Jesus Christ, that's a thumb print...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TARDISman posted:

That is a work of art.

The shipping alone is worth 11 times its value.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Tenzarin posted:

The shipping alone is worth 11 times its value.

The sheer gall of the guy is amazing.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

yet none of you guys bid...

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

We're not worthy of such a masterpiece.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

It's a first batch bonus. You have the option to either make it Launcher Strike or give it the same color scheme as Blast Impulse. You should have also gotten two C plates, which have the chest parts.

Oh neat! Well now I have to decide if I want it in Blast Impulse or not. Probably going to go with that because as I previously mentioned, and as evidenced by about half my Master Grades, I like blue. Also I'm a lunatic and plan to grab the PG Strike so I'm good with it having an atypical color scheme.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Blackchamber posted:

I'm not paying 26 dollars shipping+customs for that trash.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

You are going to regret that, we all will, when he gets crowned the new Meijin and it appears on build fighters where it one-shots the Tryon.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TaurusOxford posted:

Its the Pacific Rim Laser Gun edition!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Good news is its been relisted!
http://tinyurl.com/lblkwxd

Edit: also I dig the weathering effect he did on it. Its like they built a giant ashtray and kept it in there instead of a hanger.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

Edit: also I dig the weathering effect he did on it. Its like they built a giant ashtray and kept it in there instead of a hanger.

I think it looks like he had his fingerprints taken, and then just glommed all over it without cleaning the ink off.

And man, those seam lines! I'm glad it's made from plastic, though. I wouldn't want one of those gundarium knockoffs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It has a mono-eye!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The Shenlong in the related links is also magic.

Edit: Finished my Danazine.

I wish it was a little more flexible (or that they'd given it bigger feet, it's unstable as hell unless you use the tail to tripod it). The joint that attaches to the head is extendable and adds a bit of movement, but it also makes the head really difficult to mount.

I was expecting to like this more than the Gafran, but the Gafran really grew on me.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 4, 2015

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

Good god, it's like the model kit version of the defaced Jesus fresco.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
PG char zaku was on sale today for $100 on Amazon.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
RG 00 Raiser is up for pre-order: http://www.hlj.com/product/ban996427/Gun

HLJ must be anticipating a lot of demand considering they are limiting orders to 1 per person.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I wonder if it'll replicate the HG's insane hyperposeability.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

In all likeliness it'll probably be the same, articulation wise. The 00's design is basic enough that you don't need sliding armor or whatever to get crazy bends. They could give it torso articulation and a better neck, but that's about it.

The 0 Raiser is what'll probably benefit from the shift in grades the most, really.

EDIT: Actually I guess the RG could have the shoulders come out a little too.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 5, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I should probably get on buying 2 stands in anticipation of that. Since I'm definitely putting the 0-Raiser on separately.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

In all likeliness it'll probably be the same, articulation wise. The 00's design is basic enough that you don't need sliding armor or whatever to get crazy bends. They could give it torso articulation and a better neck, but that's about it.

The 0 Raiser is what'll probably benefit from the shift in grades the most, really.

EDIT: Actually I guess the RG could have the shoulders come out a little too.

Those big-rear end shoulder pieces are going to be heavy as hell on that tiny pivot joint.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
Moved house two weeks ago (grandparents basement) to start uni, set up my hobby workshop (an old pool table with a cloth on it) and offered sacrifice to Tomino and the plastic pantheon for their blessing upon this creative space (accidentally pinned my fingertip on an absurdly sharp nub)

Third Gundam I've built, pretty happy with it. My other forum is wondering what the hell that gun does because none of us have seen 00.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Those big-rear end shoulder pieces are going to be heavy as hell on that tiny pivot joint.

I think he means 00's actual shoulders having an outward shoulder joint, not the GN Drive mounts.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

RG 00 Raiser is up for pre-order: http://www.hlj.com/product/ban996427/Gun

HLJ must be anticipating a lot of demand considering they are limiting orders to 1 per person.

Y'know what I said earlier about not having a backlog?

Goddamnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

ScottyWired posted:

Third Gundam I've built, pretty happy with it. My other forum is wondering what the hell that gun does because none of us have seen 00.

Blows things the gently caress up, basically.

FatGundam (Virtue -> Seravee -> Raphael), in all its incarnations, is basically the show's final word in 'Just how BIG a gun can you strap on a Gundam?' I'm not sure that anything Tieria ever hit with that thing was actually capable of surviving a hit from it, enemy tactics when engaging it were to try to keep it from deploying that horrifying thing.