Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So I got the UCS Slave I after being backordered for forever, and starting with bag 5 the parts seem to be scrambled between bags. The small packet from bag 5 was in bag 6, there's parts that are supposed to be in bag 5 that I haven't located yet, it's kind of a mess. I've never had missing parts before so they really seem to have dropped the ball on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Casimir Radon posted:

So I got the UCS Slave I after being backordered for forever, and starting with bag 5 the parts seem to be scrambled between bags. The small packet from bag 5 was in bag 6, there's parts that are supposed to be in bag 5 that I haven't located yet, it's kind of a mess. I've never had missing parts before so they really seem to have dropped the ball on this one.

My palace theatre was scrambled like that. Doubled the build time, but in the end I had all the parts. That's a bummer.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

anotherblownsave posted:

My palace theatre was scrambled like that. Doubled the build time, but in the end I had all the parts. That's a bummer.
Apparently there might be a misspelling on the plaque too, some of the early ones did at least. I haven't checked mine yet.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I got one on release day and it has it. Tracor beam. Some of them had lovely printing too, I saw someone on Eurobricks get a replacement sticker because it had lousy printing and it still had the typo.

My parts were all in the right bags, though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dogen posted:

I got one on release day and it has it. Tracor beam. Some of them had lovely printing too, I saw someone on Eurobricks get a replacement sticker because it had lousy printing and it still had the typo.

My parts were all in the right bags, though.
Yep, I've got the misspelling too. I suppose the one saving grace of using stickers is that they're easily replaced. Though I still hate putting them on.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Playing with my Galaxy Squad Eradicator (the mech) and I was thinking about modding the weapon pods to use the new Gatling gun thing from Star Wars (should be easy) and maybe making some kind of rocket pod using the spring shooters (less obvious).

I wonder if the line would have been more successful with those features? I find them tolerable at best in Star Wars, but I think they would've been a great fit for GS.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

edit: how did I double post with awful.app? poo poo.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Oh hell yeah

More pics here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-ctC0bSpo

Too bad I can't afford it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

That's the worst loving designer video ever. The poorly applied sticker is amazing, and they are both so awkward. At least the other designers seem comfortable on camera.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not everyone is good on camera, and somehow I doubt it's a requirement in addition to passing the big ol' list of needed aspects for Lego set designers.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Looks pretty swooshable for a UCS.

I'm not as excited about this as I thought I would be, but I am still going to buy it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

There's a couple of designer videos where it's not even the designer of the set, because the actual designer has poor English or is busy or something. Those are pretty dumb.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like these new DC sets. http://brickset.com/article/14211/dc-comics-super-heroes-images Jokerland looks pretty great, and the Batboat comes with Deathstroke. Also the Batboat itself looks good.

Also pics of Jurassic World ones. http://brickset.com/article/14209/jurassic-world-images Think I'll probably want to pick up at least one because I have no Lego dinosaurs and that feels wrong.

And more Scooby Doo ones. http://brickset.com/article/14210/scooby-doo-images I may have to get the whole lot of those.

Oh, and Ninjago looks like there's some interesting stuff there. I don't have anything out of that range but those dragons are pretty tempting.

Also apparently the Exo Suit is going off sale this month.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Thanks for the heads up on the exosuit. I'be been meaning to get one for a while. Maybe I should get two...

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

This isn't insane or anything: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanmcnaught/sets/72157628830248045/

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I don't know what I was expecting, but those Jurassic World sets are extremely underwhelming IMO. I'm sure they'll do great with kids though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

bloodysabbath posted:

I don't know what I was expecting, but those Jurassic World sets are extremely underwhelming IMO. I'm sure they'll do great with kids though.

They are basically colour swapped versions of the last Dino line. Even the vehicles look the same.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

A Old school Green Goblin!!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That Batmobile seems to be based on the Tim Burton one. Also known as the best Batmobile.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Norns posted:

That Batmobile seems to be based on the Tim Burton one. Also known as the best Batmobile.

There was another one two or three years ago, it seems to be the default lego bat mobile style. Plus of course the UCS that came out a while back.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

There's a bunch of packaging/new set images here. This one's pretty clever:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's really great. Those screws are really nice and simple, too.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Legoception.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Here is the Eradicator with the six shooter from the Senate Commando set. The only parts not from either set were a couple extra technic pins.

I'm plotting modding the other weapon pod to replace the flick missiles with spring shooters but it's going to be more complicated.

vvv sorry, thought I did but it's hard to notice on a phone.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 15, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jesus, timg that.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Well it looks like I get the joy of breaking down and packing up 60 Lego sets for a cross country move. This includes multiple modular buildings, pirate ships, space ships, star wars ships and tons of trucks. I am so not looking forward to reassembly too.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rythe posted:

Well it looks like I get the joy of breaking down and packing up 60 Lego sets for a cross country move. This includes multiple modular buildings, pirate ships, space ships, star wars ships and tons of trucks. I am so not looking forward to reassembly too.

I hope they were broke down into 1-2 giant rear end tubs, to be reassembled from said tubs with no sorting.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I went through that with our move. It took ages. We eventually gave up on breaking down and sorting and just started breaking down in to bins.

We were going to start sorting this past fall but my wife's brother moved in and took our spare room. He's moving out in a month but by then it'll be spring and we don't do Lego poo poo when its nice out.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The last two waves of Harry Potter are in a tub in our shed because they fell the gently caress apart when we moved a couple miles and my wife tossed all the instructions (they're her sets).

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

McDragon posted:

I like these new DC sets. http://brickset.com/article/14211/dc-comics-super-heroes-images Jokerland looks pretty great, and the Batboat comes with Deathstroke. Also the Batboat itself looks good.

Oh man, I'll probably pick up that Joker Park set if only for The Penguin's little penguin henchmen. Those were probably my favorite part of the original Batman run.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

DrChud posted:

I hope they were broke down into 1-2 giant rear end tubs, to be reassembled from said tubs with no sorting.

Individuation sets are being stored in gallon zip lock bags, my modulars are plastic wrapped and then placed into two trash bags each.

Bigger sets like the ships will be broken down into chunks I can reassemble some what easily, then all of that goes into some nice plastic totes and then I pray they make it more or less intact.

After all that I get to do that all over with my Transformers.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I got the 7964 Republic Frigate on a whim a while back and it immediately became my favourite set ever. There's just something very cool about a utilitarian ship (or vehicle, in general) that's semi-believable at minifigure scale and also has a bunch of internal compartments. And I'd rather spend all that money on physical Legos than make-believe virtual spaceships. :v:

What I'm trying to say is that I'm hugely excited about even though I know literally nothing about it!

Are there any other sets, old or new, I should be looking for? The Millennium Falcon is a given but is starting to get quite expensive, and the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser is too cramped to even fit minifigures with the hatches closed.

Electrophotonic fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 15, 2015

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Current Star Destroyer, maybe?

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Dogen posted:

The last two waves of Harry Potter are in a tub in our shed because they fell the gently caress apart when we moved a couple miles and my wife tossed all the instructions (they're her sets).

Brickset.com is a godsent for things like this. Keep track of which sets you have and they have handy links to lego.com's instruction sets so you can rebuild them. Now I don't feel bad for throwing instruction sets away for all the tiny sets.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Oh yeah, I scraped together all the instructions a year later, but all the space has been taken over by my stuff now. Plus you could always download the instructions and put them on your TV while you build.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Are there any webpages, or articles, or even books, on the "math of lego" subject? I dont mean how to teach kids mathematics using lego pieces (like all the google hits are if i google "lego math") but more like what angles are possible to create, what gear ratios you can make, etc.
I am not really sure what to google for this

Electrophotonic posted:

Are there any other sets, old or new, I should be looking for? The Millennium Falcon is a given but is starting to get quite expensive,

If you mean the UCS Millennium Falcon i would not recommend it based on what looks like your wishes. It is a very very long build that takes ages to manifest into anything looking like a spaceship, it has virtually no internal compartments as the model is so heavy all the internal space is structural beams to help support it, it is not "swooshable" at all (weighing in at around 13 lbs)

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Actually it's just the regular 7965 Falcon, it's closer to $200 here :downs:

The current ISD would be neat, if the insides actually had any bearing on the actual ship. The older ISD would be more interesting as it at least has a docking bay in the right position. Plus it can be rebuilt into the Outrider. :getin:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The body of the Falcon is a solid build, but the mandibles are way off in proportion. I had to rebuild mine and reposition the cockpit.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Not sure in any of you are interested, I was at Walmart early and they had a bunch of sets on clearance. Mainly the Ninja Turtle sets and Ninjago. Turtle sub was $45, movie turtle van $30, the liar was like 60ish. If anyone has been wanting them check it out. Seems like they were 25-30% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think General Grievous needs some more lightsabers. And arms to put them in.

And I need extra lightsaber colours.