Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

They need to be double ended sabers.

Good idea. Need to dig out the rest of my minifigure bits and bobs though.

e: wait, I've got a new idea

e2: :supaburn:

McDragon fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Got the email about the helicarrier, just got nowhere to put it :(

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone figure out how to add in Hulk, Thor and Iron Man to the Helicarrier logo thing?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

obi_ant posted:

Anyone figure out how to add in Hulk, Thor and Iron Man to the Helicarrier logo thing?

For the price of that set, it's kind of ridiculous they didn't include a full set of Avengers.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It would have been a good opportunity for a Bruce Banner fig, certainly.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dogen posted:

It would have been a good opportunity for a Bruce Banner fig, certainly.

Isn't the Helicarrier not in scale with the mini-figs?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Lego crams minifigs in to everything, properly scaled up r not.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Bought the helicarrier for my ~girlfriend~ and will probably start it this weekend

Pretty pumped

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The Helicarrier looks quite nice but I've got no space for a Helicarrier and it's not really my sort of Lego thing to be honest.

Oh, and a few of the new City sets look nice. Those space ones. A few more shuttles would be nice for the collection. And the submarine ones.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 18, 2015

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
The release date in the UK was 19th Feb, checked today and it's moved to 1st March! Did they send all the stock to the US or someting? :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

McDragon posted:

Good idea. Need to dig out the rest of my minifigure bits and bobs though.

e: wait, I've got a new idea

e2: :supaburn:

Those aren't orange chainsaws :colbert:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Right, but it has a separate display stand that includes five of them because people like minifigs I guess.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

#galidor2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Luke removes Vader's mask, revealing the man technic pin beneath.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Supposedly there are going to be five of those, including a Boba Fett.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
They don't really look like Lego, the Luke is ugly as sin... but that Vader looks loving sick. I like it. Doesn't look like they'll have many pieces either so they should be pretty cheap sets?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Luke looks like one of the CGI models from the 90s Jonny Quest cartoon.

Mortuus
Nov 8, 2012

Jesus loves you, useless corpse

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

They don't really look like Lego, the Luke is ugly as sin... but that Vader looks loving sick. I like it. Doesn't look like they'll have many pieces either so they should be pretty cheap sets?

Brickset says the DC ones a few years ago were about 40 pieces and cost $14.99 a piece.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Those action figures just look bad, I would expect that from megabloks but not Lego.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Crotch Fruit posted:

Those action figures just look bad, I would expect that from megabloks but not Lego.

Did you miss the DC ones? The quality was about the same.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Norns posted:

Did you miss the DC ones? The quality was about the same.

They also did Marvel ones. And the DC Joker one was used as a giant robot at the end of the video game Lego Batman 2.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Heh, I didn't realize those were Lego.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Bat-Reaper

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

So I got bored and decided to fix a problem that did not exist when I was a kid.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My rpi case uses part 4151b for venting.

It always looked like it was meant to be a vent, and now it is. I built the box out of red parts because I never use red for anything so it doesn't really matter if I never disassemble it.

I like how your case looks like it could be a food truck though.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

xzzy posted:

My rpi case uses part 4151b for venting.

It always looked like it was meant to be a vent, and now it is. I built the box out of red parts because I never use red for anything so it doesn't really matter if I never disassemble it.

I like how your case looks like it could be a food truck though.

I was going for some kind of Ice Planet thing, but haven't figured out a way to get chainsaws into it. Also I needed to use the half-cup of trans orange cheese wedges I got from PAB one time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh Lego, you absolute cuntwaffles.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Oh Lego, you absolute cuntwaffles.

What the heck. If I purchased the carrier already....

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Return it or complain! :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ohhh ok. So the Winter Soldier is for VIP peeps now, people who buy the Helicarrier in March, and it'll be given out with purchases in June, apparently.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I don't see that mini-figure promotion for the US store, where are you seeing that?

Nvm: something about North America at a later date. Oh well.

w00tazn fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 20, 2015

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Darth Vader's helmet is finally getting an upgrade after 15 years and it really rubs in how bad the old one is.

vs.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But now the bricklink price on the old ones will triple! :science:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I've only seen complaints about how the new one looks due to it having to fit a minifigure head inside now.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

jeeves posted:

I've only seen complaints about how the new one looks due to it having to fit a minifigure head inside now.

Didn't the older one go over a minifigure head too? Or do you mean have a minifigure head inside and be two-part?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Kazy posted:

Didn't the older one go over a minifigure head too? Or do you mean have a minifigure head inside and be two-part?

The two part thing. People are complaining about it looking too bloated or something now.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

The old one's eyes make it look like it's smiling in glee, now that I compare it to the new one.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Just based on that picture, the triangle at the front of the new helmet looks triangular and the old,one looks squished. The new one really looks taller overall and probably better than the old helmet. I don't think I have an old Darth, unless the advent calendar included one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I like when they do new things with helmets. Big improvement.