Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'll see your boring MG and raise you HG TryyOON THREEEE :japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Not gonna lie, pretty amped for Hyaku Shiki 2.0.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:allears:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh god it looks really good!

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

BlitzBlast posted:

This had better be paving the way to ZZ 2.0.

ZZ 30th anno is next year so I'll be amazed if it doesn't happen then.

P.S. holy poo poo I'm old.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's going to be so many GaoGaiGars made from this. :allears:

BlitzBlast posted:

This had better be paving the way to ZZ 2.0.

Don't play with my heart like this Bandai.

They would too, after I bought that third-party ZZ...

So, who wants to take bets that 2.0 Hyaku is being made for an eventual MG Mega Shiki?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

Don't play with my heart like this Bandai.

I just want more HGFC kits. Gundam Spiegel, Gundam Maxter, Bolt Gundam, Nether Gundam... but it's never going to happen in my life time, I can feel it. :smith:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

... though I suppose life's not all bad. :unsmith:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

There's going to be so many GaoGaiGars made from this. :allears:

They would too, after I bought that third-party ZZ...

So, who wants to take bets that 2.0 Hyaku is being made for an eventual MG Mega Shiki?

I kinda doubt it, the Mega Shiki's a bit closer to a Delta Plus anyways, on top of which the Mega Shiki wasn't even that important of a suit in Try, that'd be like doing the GM Sniper K9 instead of the Exia Dark Matter and the eventual web shop exclusive Amazing Exia.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Burning Gundam still doesn't have an MG and I'm starting to doubt that it ever will, so chances of a Mega Shiki or anything else from that show in MG seem vanishingly small at this point.

Still no G-Self either, apparently. I was really counting on the MG to redeem that design for me.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Bimmi posted:

Burning Gundam still doesn't have an MG

Boy, was I confused for a second:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to skip straight to MG Try Burning and G-Self Perfect Pack, then release the Build Burning and Space Pack as web exclusives or something.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tryon 3? Sweet, hopefully there'll be a resin conversion kit of the superior ZZZ now. :colbert:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

BlitzBlast posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to skip straight to MG Try Burning and G-Self Perfect Pack, then release the Build Burning and Space Pack as web exclusives or something.

Anything they do at this point is going to come out months after the shows end which is def. not the way they have been doing it lately and I dunno, it just seems a bit off to me.

This year marks the 35th Gunpla anniversary and Zeta's 30th as well, so maybe they have a full slate of that poo poo to deal with instead. Who ever knows with these guys?

P.S. if we do not get some sort of $300+ 1/35 "Ultra Grade" Gundam this year I am going to be sorely disappointed. What ever happened to that big-rear end GFF RX-78-2 ver.Ka thing they used to trot out every couple of years?

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 23, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The next one's coming out in March.

The MG Universe Booster came out on the very last month of the original BF's airing, and Exia Dark Matter literally just came out. They don't seem to have a schedule for these beyond "after the HG".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The next one's coming out in March.

The MG Universe Booster came out on the very last month of the original BF's airing, and Exia Dark Matter literally just came out. They don't seem to have a schedule for these beyond "after the HG".

I dunno, I think they would've pushed at least an MG Build Burning Gundam by now considering we're nearing the end of the series. The simple reality is that they're not pushing MG-scale at all in the show, and unlike other Gundam series where everything is a scale model of an 18-meter-tall giant robot, Build Fighters kits are all 1/1 scale at the HG level. It's marketing is as easy as "look kids, you can have the exact robot used by [Character] for just 1200 yen!"

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
It seems especially odd to me since from what I've heard the G-Reco kits are selling pretty well. Maybe the demographics don't add up or something? Or maybe they figure the MG will sell about the same whether the show is running or not. Seems like the prudent thing to do would be to have the kit out while the show is still on, though.

(actually it would not surprise me to see a future return to HG-level 1/100s for currently-running shows but again, who ever knows what those nuts at Bandai are thinking?)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

It seems especially odd to me since from what I've heard the G-Reco kits are selling pretty well. Maybe the demographics don't add up or something? Or maybe they figure the MG will sell about the same whether the show is running or not. Seems like the prudent thing to do would be to have the kit out while the show is still on, though.

(actually it would not surprise me to see a future return to HG-level 1/100s for currently-running shows but again, who ever knows what those nuts at Bandai are thinking?)

If the next RG after the 00 Raiser isn't another Endless Waltz Gundam (C'moooon Heavyarms Custom! :rolldice:), I'm expecting it to be the Build Burning or Try Burning. They've shown a lot of shots with it having an RG inner frame over the last few episodes.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I think a good rule of thumb for RG is "if it didn't get an MG, you'll never see it, and even if it did you'll still probably never see it." Exceptions may apply, of course, but it is and will probably remain a fairly exclusive line.

I agree with your earlier post. 1/144 HG is Build Fighters' natural level.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Bimmi posted:

So I guess we've officially entered the era of HGUC 2.0. Too bad the ones most in need of a redo won't get them.

In your opinion, which ones need a remake.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Ka0 posted:

Pretty much everything before CCA needs to be redone. It's just a shame the Mk-II and Qubeley weren't redone as part of the Build Fighters line.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

I think a good rule of thumb for RG is "if it didn't get an MG, you'll never see it, and even if it did you'll still probably never see it." Exceptions may apply, of course, but it is and will probably remain a fairly exclusive line.

I agree with your earlier post. 1/144 HG is Build Fighters' natural level.

I'd generally agree with that rule, but they have gone out of their way to show that there is an RG frame sitting under the surface of the Try Burning with big close-up shots.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Tryon 3 has a sword that, in the image, is taller than the robot wielding it so why wouldn't everyone buy the kit?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Ka0 posted:

Most of the Zeon stuff from 0080 looks weird as hell and I can't see any scenario in which they ever redo those kits in that scale again.

I was always tremendously disappointed with the HG Xeku Eins, but no one even knows what the gently caress that is anymore so I'm sure we'll be stuck with it forever.

I simply cannot fathom what went wrong with the HGFC God Gundam. Definitely in the running for the worst-proportioned kit Bandai's produced in the last ten years.

I've bitched about the F91 enough, no need to go over it again. Needless to say, my hate will never die.

At least there's a solid chance of getting a new Gyan or Gogg out of the coming retrogasm though, and I'd be more than happy to see a de-crufted take on the Origin Zaku at a slightly saner price point.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

At least we got RD God.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

At least there's a solid chance of getting a new Gyan or Gogg out of the coming retrogasm though, and I'd be more than happy to see a de-crufted take on the Origin Zaku at a slightly saner price point.

If they're gearing up for Origin, I'd wager there's a Blackstars HG Dom or at least a Z'Gok coming down the line.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Promo image for the new HGs shows a lot of the old OYW kits, so make of it what you will:

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 23, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
By that theory, that's a Zeong in the top-left... :eyepop:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There's literally no way they won't remake Zeong now that they've started this.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The HG Zeong is not exactly good, but I assumed they were saving it for RG. Ditto the Gelgoog. I'd be up for better-looking HG versions of either, though.

But seriously, I love the RX-78-2 to death, I have one of almost every molding they've ever done of the thing, but at this point my gut reaction is "nah… gonna pass."

e: on the other hand, it's only so what the hell.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 23, 2015

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bimmi posted:

They're currently doing a web-exclusive Gyan Ga Gyan, and I'm pretty sure it's the old mold in a new color with an extra shield.

edit: poo poo, there's a Gyan in that picture of the UC Revival collage.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I will mail Bandai a signed cheque that they can add their own amount to for HG NT-1 Alex 2.0

Maybe THIS is the one to make Zeta not a floppy mess of a kit. They've already tried FOUR TIMES.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Feb 23, 2015

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Maybe THIS is the one to make Zeta not a floppy mess of a kit. They've already tried FOUR TIMES.

Oh, they've tried more than four times. What is it about the HGUC Zeta that everyone seems to hate, though?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Since it transforms, it's joints are super floppy and it can barely hold any pose.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Some bigger pics of the Re-HG RX-78-2:

As loving unexciting as this news may seem, they did a nice job here. Not to mention, the original HGUC Gundam is now almost 14 years old and HG-G30th came out in 2009 (!) so we were definitely due.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 23, 2015

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Since it transforms, it's joints are super floppy and it can barely hold any pose.

HGUC Zeta is a partsformer — a surprisingly simple one at that — and instability is definitely not one of its issues. Are you thinking of something else?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Boom, some more G-Reco for y'all:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'll see your G-Reco and raise you THE END.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

What a nutty week.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What the hell is this thing? Bolden Arm Arms

edit: CrossBone Gundam X1 Ver. GBF

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

They just keep coming :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TaurusOxford posted:

Soul of Chogokin Goldymarg - 19440 yen

http://imgur.com/HooiOg6

That's an impressive sculpt for a mech that required a bit of anime magic for his three modes to work.

Yes. This is good and I need it.