Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Zedd posted:

Its for resting it on an asteroid you are hiding behind while you play sniper. :sicknasty:

If an asteroid has enough gravity to rest a bipod on, you'd need legs to stand on it. :colbert:

e: poo poo, new page. How about that new MG Hyaku Shiki? GundamGuy has pics of it in release colours.

And the HGUC Guntank Early Type.

Can't wait to see a Revive Guntank based on this kit.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

When's the next 3-day weekend? Totally be down with that. :p

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Mecha Gojira posted:

It should only have one Red Shoulder.

Though, it should really be on the right shoulder, and a deeper shade of red. Like the color of blood...

Huh.

boom boom boom posted:

You accidentally painted a Grimoire in Red Shoulder Battalion colors?

I've never seen Votoms. I was just going shooting for "vaguely Russian" :shobon:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Huh.

I've never seen Votoms. I was just going shooting for "vaguely Russian" :shobon:

Votoms is better than most gundams, you should see it.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It gets a bit weird at the end though. It's still a fantastic series that should be watched at least once.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Azubah posted:

It gets a bit weird at the end though. It's still a fantastic series that should be watched at least once.

It's a really weird run up to the ending but still entertaining all the way through. Also scopedogs are just cool, super duper cool.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DigitalRaven posted:

e: poo poo, new page. How about that new MG Hyaku Shiki? GundamGuy has pics of it in release colours.

It's not chromed :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's a painted prototype, isn't it? Kind of hard to chrome it already.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Azubah posted:

Actually, it's awesome all the way through and you should watch it at least five times.

Then buy the model kits.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mecha Gojira posted:

Actually, it's awesome all the way through and you should watch it at least five times.

Then buy the model kits.

How are those kits, I like how much detail they seem to have but wonder what the color separation and articulation are like.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I want a fatty but they dont make the teal one.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

It's a painted prototype, isn't it? Kind of hard to chrome it already.

Well, I hope they don't chrome it. In fact, if they just put it out like it is in that photo, I'd definitely buy one.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Sharkopath posted:

How are those kits, I like how much detail they seem to have but wonder what the color separation and articulation are like.

The Bandai 1/20 ones are literally Master Grades without the MG moniker on them. Otherwise, identical color separation, parts count, articulation, etc. I can't speak for any other companies' kits, though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mecha Gojira posted:

The Bandai 1/20 ones are literally Master Grades without the MG moniker on them. Otherwise, identical color separation, parts count, articulation, etc. I can't speak for any other companies' kits, though.

Oh rad, maybe I'll check one out then.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Yeah this thing looks awesome :allears:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really hope they do a Master Grade of it

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I'm really worried that it isn't going to be seperable.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The transformation is quite literally the ZZ's, just touched up a little. They're reusing the ZZ's mold, so of course it can still separate.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The initial promo sheet for HG Tryon had plan views of all the beast modes or whatever so they'll probably be included.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It's weird that I'm going to own way more kits from BFT than I do from the first season considering that I like the actual episodes way less.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

RD X3 Full Action arrived. I'm in a rush so I don't have time to take more than quick phone picture though:

The sad part is that buying 5 RDs was still cheaper than actually getting MG X1 FC, X2, X3, and the X2 Custom conversion kit.

Or maybe the sad part is that I bought 3 RDs that are quite literally the same thing.

EDIT: Oh hey if I get the RD X1 Custom I'll have all the weapons and a spare set of thrusters to put on my corefigh- ahahahaha no.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 27, 2015

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

It's weird that I'm going to own way more kits from BFT than I do from the first season considering that I like the actual episodes way less.

I am the opposite. It felt like at the end of every episode of the first I was like 'got to buy that kit now too' a couple of which I got x2. I even bought kits of gunpla that were chumped or just in the background. This season I bought a couple kits, and none of them were from past the 4th or 5th episodes? And none of them the main characters suits.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

DigitalRaven posted:

Dalong's review of the S-Gundam Booster Type has something that I didn't notice before.

That beam smartgun has a bipod. The S-Gundam is designed for space use. The Booster Type doesn't even have legs. What the gently caress is it going to rest on?

Why am I suddenly obsessed with this one tiny bit of nonsensical Gundam physics as opposed to all the rest? :confused:

Presumably they wouldn't just make a whole new gun for the legless version so it's probably just the same one from the legged one which would in theory sometimes want to rest a gun on a thing maybe.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DigitalRaven posted:

If an asteroid has enough gravity to rest a bipod on, you'd need legs to stand on it. :colbert:

You wouldn't be resting the gun on the asteroid or bit of debris or whatever, you'd be bracing the gun on it.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

boom boom boom posted:

You wouldn't be resting the gun on the asteroid or bit of debris or whatever, you'd be bracing the gun on it.

It's more likely that the feddies wouldn't make a completely different gun just for space. If it still shoots who cares if it can also be used on earth?

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

Nah, I'm in the same boat. I'm loving the kits for this season.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

Presumably they wouldn't just make a whole new gun for the legless version so it's probably just the same one from the legged one which would in theory sometimes want to rest a gun on a thing maybe.

I have both the S and the Ex-S and it's definitely a different gun from either.

I really want to get the booster type and slap the lower body on my Ex-S and the extra gun parts onto its gun to make the ultimate Sentinel clusterfuck. Someday.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

peeNamaste posted:

It's more likely that the feddies wouldn't make a completely different gun just for space. If it still shoots who cares if it can also be used on earth?

I'm pretty sure the Superior can't even function under gravity.

Gundam beam rifle design is crazy, just don't think about it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Could someone help me decipher what zany color modulation team nexus used in the :supaburn: gundam flame effects? I got the gist of it but not the details

http://www.nxsworx.info/2015/02/hgbf-try-burning-gundam.html#pages/1

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Blackchamber posted:

I am the opposite. It felt like at the end of every episode of the first I was like 'got to buy that kit now too' a couple of which I got x2. I even bought kits of gunpla that were chumped or just in the background. This season I bought a couple kits, and none of them were from past the 4th or 5th episodes? And none of them the main characters suits.

The only Build Fighters design I genuinely liked more than its original was the Kampfer Amazing, and even then the kit ended up looking way less cool than the lineart. The Miss Sazabi, GM Sniper K9 and Gouf R35 all look okay but don't really stand out compared to their originals, and where it tried to improve on designs I like (Tallgeese Valkyrie, Zaku Amazing) it ended up making them look worse.

By contrast, BFT has the Ez-SR Eliminator, R-Gyagya, Gundam Portent and Transient Gundam (Gundam designs I actually like!), and The Powered GM Cardigan and Mega-Shiki are also nice but again, don't really stand out. Plus, it has the Tryon 3, which I don't intend to ever buy but have to give points to for being silly.

I definitely liked BF a lot more as a show but I have to hand it to BFT for designs I actually want to go out and buy a kit of - I rushed to get an R-Gyagya as soon as it was available and was disappointed I couldn't preorder the Star Winning Real Mode the minute that episode ended.

Shame G-Reco is also not that great, since the designs are even better. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 27, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It just says that the builder used a four color gradient, with no details as to what. Just by looking at it though, I'd say base coat of white, then yellow, then orange, then red? Maybe they used clear paints, I dunno.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

peeNamaste posted:

That's true, but the bipod still has use in space.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The only Build Fighters design I genuinely liked more than its original was the Kampfer Amazing, and even then the kit ended up looking way less cool than the lineart. The Miss Sazabi, GM Sniper K9 and Gouf R35 all look okay but don't really stand out compared to their originals, and where it tried to improve on designs I like (Tallgeese Valkyrie, Zaku Amazing) it ended up making them look worse.

To be fair, there is no improving on the perfection that is Tallgeese (no, not even the one with angel wings), but the Tallgeese Valkyrie is like all Tallgeese variants still a top tier design. It kept all the right things about Tallgeese and gave it a consistent upgrade rather than trying to totally transform it.

Also I thought Fenice was a great modification of Wing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Also I thought Fenice was a great modification of Wing.

I'm that guy who primarily likes grunt suits and hates the vast majority of actual Gundams because of the stupid heads and the million bits that stick out, so I don't really feel like I can comment on how good the Fenice is in relation to the Wing. :v:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

That's... interesting? Is that a custom kit?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

BlitzBlast posted:

It just says that the builder used a four color gradient, with no details as to what. Just by looking at it though, I'd say base coat of white, then yellow, then orange, then red? Maybe they used clear paints, I dunno.

That's what I thought. And they don't look as frosty so they could indeed be clear paints. Most of the interesting work was done extending the upper thighs to make it anime-proportionate.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Toy Source just sent out a notice that SOC GaoGaiGar is FINALLY in stock, so if you pre-ordered it should be shipping soon :dance:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gunpla thread, help me stop being indecisive:

MG Aile Strike Ver RM, MG AGE-1 or MG Zeta 2.0?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

BlitzBlast posted:

RD X3 Full Action arrived. I'm in a rush so I don't have time to take more than quick phone picture though:

The sad part is that buying 5 RDs was still cheaper than actually getting MG X1 FC, X2, X3, and the X2 Custom conversion kit.

Or maybe the sad part is that I bought 3 RDs that are quite literally the same thing.

EDIT: Oh hey if I get the RD X1 Custom I'll have all the weapons and a spare set of thrusters to put on my corefigh- ahahahaha no.

I did that the first time they released RD Crossbones. Welcome to the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Gunpla thread, help me stop being indecisive:

MG Aile Strike Ver RM, MG AGE-1 or MG Zeta 2.0?

I have Zeta 2.0, it's pretty nice. Just don't expect to transform it back and forth between modes a lot. Just pick one and stick with it.

Alternatively check out the RG Zeta and see if you like the look.