Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A good Hitman movie would be a reverse John Wick where you don't show the John Wick parts. It's a mob family or crime group desperately trying to figure out who's killing them one by one. Cast someone recognizable as 47 and have him in the background of every other scene disguised.

Movie ends with 47 revealing himself to the boss a la Vince McMahon. Then you have your big action explosion fest.

That actually sounds absolutely brilliant. It would be like a wheres wally slasher flick with wally as the killer.

I really want to watch that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Another Hitman movie, another opportunity to use "Names are for friends, so I don't need one" missed.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Uh, the iconic Hitman line is "I need to use the bathroom", thank you very much.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Why don't you sort some mail then, macho pig.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A good Hitman movie would be a reverse John Wick where you don't show the John Wick parts. It's a mob family or crime group desperately trying to figure out who's killing them one by one. Cast someone recognizable as 47 and have him in the background of every other scene disguised.

Movie ends with 47 revealing himself to the boss a la Vince McMahon. Then you have your big action explosion fest.

Funny that you say that, this topic came up in conversation a few weeks ago, and we reached pretty much the same conclusion. And then realized that it's basically just a Final Destination movie with a contract killer.

Which I'm totally down for, but I don't mind me some b-movie shlock.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

47 is such a non-character anyway so doing a movie from the victims' perspective seems like it would be the best way to go.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Stare-Out posted:

47 is such a non-character anyway so doing a movie from the victims' perspective seems like it would be the best way to go.

Isn't that what the movie is going to be anyway?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The MSJ posted:

Kill a man with an exploding Bible.

Kill an entire hot tub by shooting the glass bottom. Because underneath the tub is a cliff.

Tranquilize an entire suburb with an air rifle. After knocking out FBI agents with drugged donuts. While wearing a clown costume.

These are the things I want to see in a Hitman movie.

Swapping a prop gun with a real one at an opera house so the climax of the play ends with the target being unwittingly murdered by his co-star.

Knocking out a luchador and stealing his costume so you can kill Danny Trejo in the ring with your bare hands.

Killing a man in a crowd during Chinese New Year and nobody noticing because they're too occupied watching fireworks.

Stealing a nuclear bomb from a terrorist base and walking out with it since everybody's too scared of setting it off to risk shooting you.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hitman would probably work better as a TV series than a movie.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Set the whole film on a luxury paddle steamer IMO

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 5, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lizard Combatant posted:

Set the whole film on a luxury paddle steamer IMO

Short film where a man in the background of each scene headbutts everyone on a paddleboat cruise to death one by one, stealing their identity each time.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peanuts movie posters.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Edit: never mind.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

It's weird how you can see every hair on Lucy's head but her eyes are just some lines.

morestuff posted:

Is Charlie Brown a misfit? I don't remember him actually doing anything in the comics.

He just sits around talking about how all generally accepted holiday customs are bad and how no one likes him so, yeah, he's a misfit.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

ThatPazuzu posted:

He just sits around talking about how all generally accepted holiday customs are bad and how no one likes him so, yeah, he's a misfit.

Hah, you caught the post in time. It's one of those words I don't automatically think of in its literal sense.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Perestroika posted:

At least this time around the guy can kinda pull off the look without looking like a thumb with an angry face drawn on it. Movie's still going to be terrible, though.

Yeah, I love Timothy Oliphant, but he is not...he is not good at being bald.

Also I feel like whoever they get to play Hitman shouldn't actually be that good of an actor, if that makes sense. Like when nerds are doing fantasy casting for a comic book thing and they just shove some random wrestler in because he looks the most like < superhero character>? That might actually work in this case.

rawillkill posted:

Don Jon was actually great, sorry for anyone that doesn't feel that way

It actually wasn't. I'm sorry you had to find out this way :(

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wolfsheim posted:

Also I feel like whoever they get to play Hitman shouldn't actually be that good of an actor, if that makes sense. Like when nerds are doing fantasy casting for a comic book thing and they just shove some random wrestler in because he looks the most like < superhero character>? That might actually work in this case.

It was gonna be Paul Walker, which makes a LOT more sense.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It was gonna be Paul Walker, which makes a LOT more sense.

He's so good he made his own death look like an accident. :ninja:

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Peanuts movie posters.

It bothers me that they put by Schulz on all of these even though Charles died 15 years ago, and it's his dumb talentless kids making this movie. Not that Peanuts is highbrow literary stuff, but he did create it and keep it going for decades.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Ariza posted:

It bothers me that they put by Schulz on all of these even though Charles died 15 years ago, and it's his dumb talentless kids making this movie. Not that Peanuts is highbrow literary stuff, but he did create it and keep it going for decades.

He probably asked for his name to be on all Peanuts stuff, like Bob Kane.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

ThatPazuzu posted:

Bob Kane has his name on all Peanuts merchandise? Man, I want that guy's lawyer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That Peanuts stuff just looks too weird. Its the mixture of high quality details with the original cartoonish drawings. Like Snoopy with a side face and realistic fur.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I like it. Looks kind of like it was put together with cut-up photos and sharpie.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
The 40-Year Old Blockhead

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

ThatPazuzu posted:

You know I take back what I said. For some reason I thought he signed his full name on his strips, but he didn't and you're probably exactly correct. I did like that the animation looks like something different and I've got a kid so I'll be seeing someday regardless. Blue Sky doesn't have the strongest track record though. The Ice Ages were dumb, Rios were both awful, Robots, Epic, & Horton Hears a Who were just OK.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

You know in-motion I actually quite like how the movie looks; it has some nice visuals for flair and breaks form quite a lot but there are tons of shots that make it look like really ncely done stills from the comics.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

It's Low-Ki's time to shine!

Before you ask, yes he wrestled in the full suit.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He also got unceremoniously released for doing that without permission.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He also got unceremoniously released for doing that without permission.

Loki getting unceremoniously released is his gimmick though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Furious 7 poster

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Harlock posted:

Just buy the rights to The Transporter and call it HItman

Here's some bad news:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2938956/?ref_=fn_al_tt_8

I don't know why we couldn't get some more "good" Transporter movies after the pretty alright first one :[

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I think I did it. I think I just found the poster that can't be topped.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I feel like my brain is having issues parsing that image and that's before getting to the wheelchair full of rejected Terry Gilliam drawings.

AlternateAccount posted:

Here's some bad news:

I don't know why we couldn't get some more "good" Transporter movies after the pretty alright first one :[

Transporter Origins: Rise of the Driver

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 6, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ruddiger posted:

I think I did it. I think I just found the poster that can't be topped.

I look and I look and I can't find a poster of that image. I've got a friend who collects schlock-y horror movie posters, and he's just love it.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Alright, that legit sounds pretty awesome.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lotish posted:

Yeah, they seem to be playing it like Hitman is the Terminator and Quinto is Kyle Reese.

at the end of the movie quinto pulls off a mask and it's another hitman

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

corn in the bible posted:

at the end of the movie quinto pulls off a mask takes off his outfit and it's another hitman
The movie should be faithful to the game mechanics.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

AlternateAccount posted:

Here's some bad news:

The first Transporter movie was incredibly boring and bad. 2 is the only good one of the three.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

The first Transporter movie was incredibly boring and bad. 2 is the only good one of the three.

Which one had the extremely homoerotic shirtless oil fight? Because that's the best one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Transporter 2 had a scene where a hobo looks at something in utter disbelief and then throws away his paper bag-wrapped liquor bottle which, one can only assume, had XXX written on the front of it. Also: Kate Nauta.

Transporter 2 is the best.